PDA

View Full Version : Which BS dungeon to level fastest?

Junside
02-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I've done some hideout runs but is there a better one?

Ayrilana
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I chose Hideout over Catacombs because I hate all those grates there that potentially 1hko...even when I'm careful I still end up dying and I lose the xp pot -.-

Anyway for numbers, Hideout (100 enemies) with 3 birds and 2 mages (or 1 mage/1 bear) that are good at rushing/surviving takes approximately 4 minutes and 30 seconds to clear out until there's 12/13 enemies remaining, w/ Gold Fever dead, for a total of 115 XP (I get ~346 XP on 3x pot from what I remember).

Here's the info on hideout. Maybe someone done the same with catacombs. Swill and Roach don't have enough mobs to be worth it. Stronghold has a ton of traps which can be an issue for random groups.

Junside
02-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Only 346? Has anyone tried other maps?

KingFu
02-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I have found the fastest to be hide out as well. I have not test the Catacombs however.

Royce
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I did the catacombs a lot, and it just felt faster to me. I also think that boss goes down fastest (though GF is maybe second easiest), and is the one boss that even the most clueless groups won't struggle with. Not that you would ever choose such a group, but if you're joining random games it can happen. Then again, what Phys said about the grates is also true. Those things get more kills than all the BS mobs combined :D So I don't know, maybe do both to alleviate boredom ;)

Ayrilana
02-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I just did a walk-through and I don't think Catacombs would be faster considering there's so many traps along the way. It increases the likelihood of getting yourself killed (or someone else) if your timing is off. Waiting for the trap to go off also takes time.

EDIT: Roach Motel has 60 mobs, I think. It really wouldn't be worth the gold on XP pots for such a quick run.

Junside
02-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Roach Motel?

Turkster
02-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Hideout is the quickest I think

Ellyidol
02-13-2011, 07:55 PM
I liked hideout since there were more mobs hence more room to speed up and maximise elixirs.

It also seemed easier as a bear to just gather the mobs for the group to blast away. The only unlucky part you may have is the 3 consecutive grate hallway, but should be fine as long as you don't attack it i think.

KingFu
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Another reason why Hideout may be more worth while is because of all the minibosses. Cat, and the random spawn of Blanky can deliver more XP and loot, making it all the better:)

Royce
02-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Another reason why Hideout may be more worth while is because of all the minibosses. Cat, and the random spawn of Blanky can deliver more XP and loot, making it all the better:)

Catacombs also has two minibosses.

KingFu
02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Catacombs also has two minibosses.

Yes but aren't both random? I believe Cat is a guaranteed spawn since I am yet to see her not be there, Blanky is random though.

Royce
02-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes but aren't both random? I believe Cat is a guaranteed spawn since I am yet to see her not be there, Blanky is random though.

Oil Slick is always there on catacombs, the other is random.

Nightarcher
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, you can really level up in whichever BS dungeon you feel like. You might even find some BS gear too! All to increase your BS stats. But it's pretty much all up to your own opinion, which may or may not be BS itself.

;)

krazii
02-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Bandit is fastest, but agree with Royce, Catacombs is good to breakup the monotony. As for the grates, yes, don't attack, or taunt for that matter and you'll be fine.

Dizzy
02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Do not taunt Happy Fun Grate.

WhoIsThis
02-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Has anyone tested the Swill Pits? There's quite a few fire grates, but probably less dangerous overall than Catacombs. Plus the goblins are easier to kill - and the low stat count is deceptive in that totem guards appear.

Turkster
02-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Was in an awesome group last nite. We were clearing Hideout up to goldfever in about 3:10 minutes - consistently. At that rate you could go from 55 to 56 in just under 13.5 hours. (6228xp/hour) I think
that's about as fast as you're gonna get unless you pop damge pots (none of us did)
only XP elixirs)

Ellyidol
02-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Was in an awesome group last nite. We were clearing Hideout up to goldfever in about 3:10 minutes - consistently. At that rate you could go from 55 to 56 in just under 13.5 hours. (6228xp/hour) I think
that's about as fast as you're gonna get unless you pop damge pots (none of us did)
only XP elixirs)

That's REALLY quick without damage pots. 4 mages 1 bear? :)

I find it faster doing GF if your actually really fast. If you can kill him in 10-20 sec, thats 25 XP I think if your on x3 elixir :)

Physiologic
02-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Damn, what did that party consist of? Fastest I've done was 4:30 parties, 3 minutes is just insane...

I think boss XP at level 55 is 6-7 on 1x xp

Turkster
02-14-2011, 05:07 AM
it was 4 dex birds and 1 str bear. Towards the end we had a bird leave and a pally take his place. Kudos to Xom though, he's an awesome bear. His quick pace and perfectly timed and placed beckons gave us neat little clumps of enemies to rip
through. We pretty much never stopped moving.

Riccits
02-14-2011, 05:13 AM
i prefer hideout too. mobs dont hits so hard and have less hp.. may 3 bosses and goldfever drops the armors...
catacombs u may get a bit more xp but slime monsters are much tougher and so more riskt of dieing when group not organized well

Junside
02-14-2011, 07:49 AM
it was 4 dex birds and 1 str bear. Towards the end we had a bird leave and a pally take his place. Kudos to Xom though, he's an awesome bear. His quick pace and perfectly timed and placed beckons gave us neat little clumps of enemies to rip

I love this kinda party. Perfect mob sweeper

neko
02-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Ditto on your comment with Xom. I've had the pleasure to play with him before and he's real quick and decisive.

kallima
02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
It'd be harder to do since you must have the daily quest, but Goblin Tunnels seem like it would be a good place to level, provided your group staggers their dailies. I would think it may be a decent alternate map as it has 100 enemies, very few (if any) fire grates, & a relatively small map to decrease walking time.

Feedback?

Ayrilana
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
It'd be harder to do since you must have the daily quest, but Goblin Tunnels seem like it would be a good place to level, provided your group staggers their dailies. I would think it may be a decent alternate map as it has 100 enemies, very few (if any) fire grates, & a relatively small map to decrease walking time.

Feedback?

I don't know what you mean by stagger dailies since you just need the quest open to enter the dungeon through the portal. The rest can just join through world map or friend list. This is being done nonstop on bank vault to farm recipes.

kallima
02-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't know what you mean by stagger dailies since you just need the quest open to enter the dungeon through the portal. The rest can just join through world map or friend list. This is being done nonstop on bank vault to farm recipes.

Well, if you're running w/a pre-set group & everyone has already done their daily quest - then no one can enter.

As far as bank vault goes, I hate not being able to boot and the explanation that follows, when an unknown person takes a reserved spot.

Fyrce
02-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Who cares? Vault is so fast, you just get the next one or do whatever's open. Um is it even 30 sec in and out?

kallima
02-15-2011, 03:25 AM
I asked for feedback on an alternate choice besides bandit hideout and instead of getting constructive comments about it like I asked I get two people nitpicking, nice.

Physiologic
02-15-2011, 03:40 AM
I asked for feedback on an alternate choice besides bandit hideout and instead of getting constructive comments about it like I asked I get two people nitpicking, nice.

Next best thing is probably Catacombs. You get 341 XP on 3x pot at level 55 within 5 minutes, very close to Hideout's 346 XP.

icantgetkills
02-15-2011, 03:52 AM
i did catacombs from 50-55 so yer i did it for the loot though as he is easier then goldfever
hideout is better if your doing for exp not loot

kallima
02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
For the feedback. Duly noted and will be applied to future runs!