PDA

View Full Version : Unfairness of Sns

kixkaxx
12-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Sts made Sns soo op and saying it would not affect the balance of game because it's rare. But the truth is I am seeing Sns everywhere in game and I usually fight against 3 Sns in CTF owned by Karma..

Now there's 8 more, all gone to Karma/magum, how could we enter Pvp room.. For PvE Sns adds 50dmg compare with Samael on rogue, time run is still fair?

Sns was not released as it is now, in Ursoth event we didn't compete because we saw the stat and AA of Sns and it was not attractive. Modifying a good after its release is considered as illegal.

sevenpain
12-11-2014, 09:50 PM
So sns can loot in new lock???

Schnitzel
12-11-2014, 10:56 PM
So sns can loot in new lock???

Not anymore.

The Unexpected Return of Shady and Surge

It came to our attention today that the Locked Grand Crates of Ursume has a very small chance to drop the Shady and Surge pet egg instead of The Brothers Whim. Our devs were able to react quickly and switch the pets out in the loot table so, as of this announcement, The Brothers Whim now drop as intended and Shady and Surge have been removed.

As always, we appreciate your understanding and will do everything in our power to reduce mistakes like this in the future.

epicrrr
12-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Shady n surge used to drop from ursume locks? So more of this godly-pet..

Arrowz
12-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Shady n surge used to drop from ursume locks? So more of this godly-pet..

Only 8 more probably all in endgame, wont come to our twink brackets

regizakirs.rs
12-11-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't own this pet. But it's a rare pet but, I also understand that everyone isnt going to have this pet. To the Victor goes the spoils.

Dex Scene
12-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Stg could change the eggs to whim bros eggs as soon as they realised :P

Clickbangboom
12-12-2014, 12:28 PM
I deer hunt, and some people shoot really nice bucks and others don't, but when some one shoots a nice buck and I don't I don't call the DNR and tell them to go repo the others persons deer because it's unfair they got a buck I didn't. I say congrats and go on with my hunt hoping that one day I will be the person in the right place at the right time.

So to those that got an SnS egg... Congrats!

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I deer hunt, and some people shoot really nice bucks and others don't, but when some one shoots a nice buck and I don't I don't call the DNR and tell them to go repo the others persons deer because it's unfair they got a buck I didn't. I say congrats and go on with my hunt hoping that one day I will be the person in the right place at the right time.

So to those that got an SnS egg... Congrats!
When you hunt dear you know you are hunting, when you buy lottery you know you are gambling ... But this time we didn't even know what was there. If they announced Sns's back or announced Sns's Current stat in Ursoth's event and I didn't get.. That's perfectly fine

Carapace
12-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Just to update, we only identified that 2 were added to the economy as part of the mishap.

Clickbangboom
12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
When you hunt dear you know you are hunting, when you buy lottery you know you are gambling ... But this time we didn't even know what was there. If they announced Sns's back or announced Sns's Current stat in Ursoth's event and I didn't get.. That's perfectly fine

If you had happen to loot one in the mishap would you have contacted support and asked them to take it back? Or if they just took it back would you be upset with them or would you just say "well it's only fair" ?

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 01:23 PM
If you had happen to loot one in the mishap would you have contacted support and asked them to take it back? Or if they just took it back would you be upset with them or would you just say "well it's only fair" ?

Ofc I will contact support, but that assumption is clearly not true because during my entire AL I haven't opened a single lock

Visiting
12-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Also, one of the two new SNS was opened by a DM member who rarely pvps (Twoxc).

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Also, one of the two new SNS was opened by a DM member who rarely pvps (Twoxc).

He bought it from Goblin(karma member) with arcane ring and 99m, as far as I know goblin is holding another one

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 02:45 PM
I have been one of the loud voices that has said this pet is too darn OP to be exclusive to a small few. What happened is 90% of these eggs ended up in the hands of 1 guild. When you successfully beat one of them, the room starts substituting and now you have to fight 2 SnS, when they die, here comes a 3rd ring/SnS combo (even though they are winning overall, but just can't stand a single death). This exact scenario happened the other day. It's impossible to win when you are constantly avoiding the purple pools (and then the shield drops), meanwhile the opposing team is standing in the back-to-back green pools from repeated AA syncs. Even if it's 1 SnS, it's a huge disadvantage because, while you're getting HP drained, they're simultaneously getting HP regen at a rapid pace.

So now there's "only" 2 more added...why not just get rid of the whole exclusive thing and let everyone have this pet at this point? What is going to happen if you don't is that next event you'll introduce another "exclusive and extremely rare" prize and the same old people with get it again and there will be nobody left to PvP against them. Just my .02

That's so true. Those who says Sns is not OP actually having no idea what Sns's AA is ... When pool stacks, it does up to 3000dmg/sec and heals 3000hp/sec. It's like having extra rogue and war in one team

Kingofninjas
12-12-2014, 05:31 PM
3000? Try 1000 if it crits. Its op but not impossibly so. Nothing that a little adapting can't somewhat solve. Sometimes I actually like clashing against sns because it saves me a death in a lot of cases. The only problem is sns is almost always paired with a ringer.

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 06:47 PM
3000? Try 1000 if it crits. Its op but not impossibly so. Nothing that a little adapting can't somewhat solve. Sometimes I actually like clashing against sns because it saves me a death in a lot of cases. The only problem is sns is almost always paired with a ringer.

I'm talking about stacked pool

Kingofninjas
12-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm talking about stacked pool

3 pools rarely stack on top of each. Usually it is 2 and there are only certain spots where that happens.

Remarked
12-12-2014, 07:02 PM
was interesting reading this lmfao.
#Karma

Spell
12-12-2014, 07:05 PM
I have been one of the loud voices that has said this pet is too darn OP to be exclusive to a small few. What happened is 90% of these eggs ended up in the hands of 1 guild. When you successfully beat one of them, the room starts substituting and now you have to fight 2 SnS, when they die, here comes a 3rd ring/SnS combo (even though they are winning overall, but just can't stand a single death). This exact scenario happened the other day. It's impossible to win when you are constantly avoiding the purple pools (and then the shield drops), meanwhile the opposing team is standing in the back-to-back green pools from repeated AA syncs. Even if it's 1 SnS, it's a huge disadvantage because, while you're getting HP drained, they're simultaneously getting HP regen at a rapid pace.

So now there's "only" 2 more added...why not just get rid of the whole exclusive thing and let everyone have this pet at this point? What is going to happen if you don't is that next event you'll introduce another "exclusive and extremely rare" prize and the same old people with get it again and there will be nobody left to PvP against them. Just my .02

Yeah while your at it why not give everyone an arcane ring and all the gear they could need ? I mean its not like people stayed up days upon days trying to keep up with the leaderboard for a shady an surge.

Serancha
12-12-2014, 07:22 PM
He bought it from Goblin(karma member) with arcane ring and 99m, as far as I know goblin is holding another one

What on earth does guild have to do with it, other than potential abuse in pvp and stirring up more drama?

The fact that at least one of the two extras went to a skilled player who actually does runs and farms, playing the game as intended, is something I am glad to see. My observations are that too many people who have the best gear, overpriced pets, and too much money don't actually play the game - they just sit in town, show off, brag and merch.

A better way to do things would be that the most awesome items should be earnable by people who will actually use them. Items like this should be available to people willing to work for them, not those who play the best game of monopoly. If I wanted to play "become the richest", I would get a board game, not play a hack & slash mmo.

STS has made large steps towards a model more like this with the imbued armour setup, showing that they are moving away from the "pop crates and get rich" method that was used for the last year and a half. The game is moving in a much better direction in that sense, and the fact that 2 pets were accidentally released really isn't worth the uproar it's getting.

luckious
12-12-2014, 08:02 PM
So unfair...

Excuses
12-12-2014, 08:27 PM
As a sns user.

Make its pool not stackable more than 4 in pvp only which are from one player. This would help (not solve but help) against many sns on one team. (please don't hate me.)

Nerfing this pet dmg is not also the answer for the people who earned them. (most of people who have sns were who ran lb contest.) and also it's dodgable when it's alone. Dmg deal atm is just good enough. The problem is when too many sns are on one team.

However, unless sts intends to fix it's kill problem together, any further change on this pet would not be fair anyways.
Hope sts make this pets KS fix. Xp

Seoratrek
12-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone,

If you haven't read on the full details, Remiem made a comment about the unintended release of the Shady n Surge here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?192315-Restoring-the-Balance-of-Arlor-Important-Changes-in-the-12-11-14-Update

With that being said we do apologize for this mishap. I'm going to close this thread now as it has become overly dramatic and encourage you all to post your concerns in the thread that I linked (above). Thanks!