PDA

View Full Version : People who boot after you pot up

Kujen
02-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Why are there so many jerks in this game? I was in keeper and this guy, Gbone, waits until I've potted up and boots me before lorekeeper. Wasted my gold. Then his boot message claims it was "revenge" because he thinks i booted him earlier. Which I know I didn't, because I rarely host my own games and would never have to boot anymore because I set min lvl restriction. I guess some people are just either stupid or rude and immature. Added to my ignore list, along with many others.

Kossi
02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/funny-dog-pictures-plotting-revenge.jpg

Erik_is_funny_lol
02-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Those people are complete idiots if you're telling the truth

Kujen
02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Kossi that's nice and all but a moot point considering I rarely host, mainly because I don't like booting people. So he's a either a liar trying to waste my gold or a fool who cant remember names accurately.

KingFu
02-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I rarely host my own games

There is your problem man, if you host games or only join games hosted by friends you won't run into this problem. It should rarely if ever happen if you do that. Some people just want to waste your gold because they think it is funny. How much do you think you've wasted from this happening? I'm not in a position to be giving away gold but I probably can give you a little if needed:)

Kujen
02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks mystic, but it's ok, it was just the 1500 gold one. I guess I will have to start hosting my own games. The only people who will be booted by me are jerks like that.

Doubletime
02-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Kujen -- sorry you had that happen. It really is a poor host that boots players who have potted. And the whole revenge thing just blows my mind. Have we really come to that point? Wow.

I actually said something in a CTK run when the 50 host booted a 47 that had just potted. The host said he only wanted 50s and above in the party to speed up the round since we were all doing xp runs clearing the whole board before the xp pots ran out. I just don't boot level appropriate level players unless I am hosting a set group for runs. What was really frustrating to me was that we ended up doing the whole run with 4 people and still cleared the entire board in within the 5 minutes for our pots.

KingFu
02-13-2011, 08:04 PM
NP, just holler if you need anything:)

Kujen
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks, all I really need are some trustworthy people to play with. Add me? :)

KingFu
02-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks, all I really need are some trustworthy people to play with. Add me? :)

Add me instead, since I can't get on now;) I will try and remember to sort through my pending friends tomorrow or the next day I get on:)

Otukura
02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Well, today I was once again playing CTK at my friends house with him. He was just playing along.. everyone had potted. When he said "Sniper" no one did anything. He said "Go to Sniper" again, and 2 of the people did things. Finally, he said "Sniper or kicked" but the other two were still going along, wasting his and the two who listened pots. He kicked them, then in Balefort later they start swearing at him, clear and loud. He reported them. :)

I understand your being kicked was unwarranted, but there are some that are. Just putting that out there.

wolfendragon
02-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Right now im 47 working up to 56 you can add me I am reliable I help alot of people including lowby friends when they need it I stick with them even if I get invites to places where I can get xp while doing runs with them.

BeardedBear
02-14-2011, 11:06 AM
I've had the happen before and it really burned me up. If I am going to pot, I'll ask the host first what the deal is so I'm not throwing out money.

Try PVPing someone, beating them, and then having them kick you right after so you get a death. Some lamers out there. :)

WhoIsThis
02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
I've had the happen before and it really burned me up. If I am going to pot, I'll ask the host first what the deal is so I'm not throwing out money.

Good idea.

Sadly, there is no option to get a refund somehow.

One of my annoyances is when you are making a boss run and then right before the boss, you find out that everyone is really power-levelling and leaves. I have found the use of power levelling pots to be a very unreliable indicator of this. Some people use the pot but kill the boss anyways for a shot at good drops. Others just remake. Another incident I had was where I think the host was being honest. We were doing a keeper run. Then right before the keep room with all of the aliens dead, the entire team but me and the host left.

Pandamoni
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
That sucks :( You can add me. I don't boot people unless they're flaming or doing stuff on purpose to get people killed (or unless I need a spot for a friend and they won't leave when I ask them to). Hell, I was in Crush the Keeper today and a 30-something bear came in (I'm thinking 31?). I let him stay. Then when Mynas came he actually was able to hold aggro with taunt the whole time and proved to be more helpful than some level 50+ bears.

Palyna
02-14-2011, 11:43 PM
I also dun boot people, you can add me too.. yea one level 50 bear ever told me he cant taunt. I was wondering why he cant?

LotsaHugs
02-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Yea there are plenty of jerks out there that think their too cool for school, but dont let it get to u. We still got plenty of peeps who just like having fun :)

Fyrce
02-15-2011, 01:59 AM
It sounds like ignorant people behaving like they're a sub-50s group.

Listen up all: You can clear CTK w/ xp pot still on AFTER you kill Keeper and see the Go To Town or Next Level sign pop up. That's right: you will still have your little yellow vial w/ the level complete sign on your screen.

The only time this might be difficult is if you also had to kill Mynas. Then you will JUST make the 5min w/ Keeper depending on when you potted.

People who skip any bosses or sub-boss are wasting their pots. If they are sub-50s, they can wait for the 50+ mage/bird/bear to tank. Just follow BEHIND the 50+ guy and do not attack anything until the 50+ guy attacks, unless you can survive of course. Any 50+ class should be able to solo Sniper + aides or it's time to find a new group because the one you are in will not clear the level in close to 5 minutes. I've seen mediocre ones run out of their xp pots before finishing Shadows.

GoofyYno
02-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Yea there are plenty of jerks out there that think their too cool for school, but dont let it get to u. We still got plenty of peeps who just like having fun :)
I was once soloing when I was invited by a "friend" to play. I thought I'd help out, so I joined him, only to be booted immediately. Him, I might boot. but I've never booted anyone else.