PDA

View Full Version : Best ring for pure dex bird?

Prestige
02-13-2011, 09:10 PM
I was thinking about going for platinum bravery but not too sure if it would maximize dps the most? Thanks for the help!

Physiologic
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I wrote this out in another thread because someone asked the same thing, so I'll just copy/paste it. This is assuming you're level 50+ and you're training at Balefort Sewers:

I bought 2 rings:

# Acrobat's Fine Golden Band Req: Lv20, 67 Dex; 2% Dodge, 8 Armor

and

# Champion's Fine Platinum Band Lv20, 67 Dex; 2% Crit, 10 Damage

I believe these two rings give you the best bang for your buck for your archer. Acrobat's Fine Golden Ring gives optimal defense; I chose this over the rest because it's purely defensive (dodge/armor) and not a mixture between damage/defense. The other ring most similar to this is the Fine Golden Band of Technique but the loss of 1 armor for 1% dodge is fairly significant IMO, since 1 armor = 1 less damage to all attacks but 1% dodge = 1% more likely for the enemy to completely miss you.

The Champion's Fine Platinum Band gives a great crit/damage mix and is purely attack-based. The other ring similar to this is the Fine Platinum Band of Bravery, but the loss of 1 damage for 1% crit is fairly significant; 1 damage less for all attacks for 1% more likely to effectively double your damage.

Now switching between rings depends on how you play and the types of games you play - I'm currently grinding in Bandit Boys Hideout and I rarely die because there is only 1 explosive barrel and 3 explosive grates in this map. Since those are easily avoidable, and I can avoid dying in Gold Fever fairly easily, I use Champion's Fine Platinum Band to ensure that my runs are all <5 minutes long (so my XP pot doesn't run out); no need for a dodge/armor ring since I almost never die in Bandit Boys Hideout.

If my runs are let's say, at Catacombs though, I will occasionally switch to the Acrobat's Fine Golden Band, but only if my party is not very fast at killing. If the Catacomb party is one that breezes through, then I'll use the Champion's Fine Platinum Band. If I am physically tired though and tend to not pay attention in runs, I'll go back to the dodge/armor ring though

But you may prefer to choose rings that are a mix of defense/attack, it's totally up to you depending on your playing style, how fast you can pot, the type of map you're in (lots of exploding grates vs. none), and how well your party can go through that map.

Prestige
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Turkster
02-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I do the same thing as Physiologic. With my PvE bow (max dps offensive) set I use a +damage ring, and I use an armor ring with my PvE talon/shield set. 298 dps while maintaining 115 armor (for the fire traps) is nice

LotsaHugs
02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
So for pure dex ur talking ab maxing DPS right? So wouldnt the Champions Fine Platinum Band with +10DPS be the best choice?

Physiologic
02-14-2011, 05:30 PM
So for pure dex ur talking ab maxing DPS right? So wouldnt the Champions Fine Platinum Band with +10DPS be the best choice?

Sometimes, more damage isn't always better - believe me, when you're a bird and you go to Balefort Sewers (the level 50-55 campaign), you might want more armor until you get used to the maps there. The enemies there hit really hard, and there's tons of exploding grates that can kill you in one shot.

I alternate between more damage versus more armor depending on my party and which map I'm in.

Moogerfooger
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks....I was going nuts debating the finer points of which ring would have best overall effects in offensive and defensive situations.

jakelol
02-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Cool man thats good info!!!haha

Prestige
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Agreed now that I think about it crit is probably much better than damage.

Kindread
02-17-2011, 02:26 PM
I do the same thing as Physiologic. With my PvE bow (max dps offensive) set I use a +damage ring, and I use an armor ring with my PvE talon/shield set. 298 dps while maintaining 115 armor (for the fire traps) is nice

Jesus! How did you get your DPS so high with talon and wing? Only set I know with high damage boost is Henchman's purple set. Is that the set you're using for max DPS?

markus
02-18-2011, 09:05 PM
I was wondering same thing....?

Zeus
02-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I was wondering same thing....?

Go for a Dodge and Defense ring. Definitely ^.^. Or you can substitute it in for crit.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 10:21 PM
I have the same two as Phys, plus a Fine Plat Band of Technique for a little dodge with my damage if I want to switch it up. Both rings he mentions work well.

Apostar
02-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi gang! This is my first post won't be my last. Been trying for months 2 post finely got the bugs worked out big :). Physiologic, after reading this post and waiting a long time to buy a ring I finely decide on your two. But when I went to buy the stats u show in your post don't match; was there a change after the update. If so, should I buy those or wait? Interested
My players in the game are:
Revox - 55 bird
Archerblue - 52 purebird
Apoaalyse - 52 mage
Bblink - 52 pure mage
Cressybear - 35 bear

Xavrod
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Jesus! How did you get your DPS so high with talon and wing? Only set I know with high damage boost is Henchman's purple set. Is that the set you're using for max DPS?

Lol first of all, its because raid roach talon have 73-77 attack and 0.6 speed. 2: each raid roach items(except weapons) give +6 damage(if not crafted) so with wing, armor and helm together u add 18 dmg to ur talon. 3: everyone knows that dex give a lot of dmg. And 4: if u use the ring that give 10 damage... All of this combine give a lot of dmg:eek: