PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax?

Carapace
12-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone!

There have been a lot of threads in relation to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax, mostly in regards to its stats and changes. This is an attempt to be transparent about what happened, and why it is in the way it is now that the event has gone live.

The original concept for the Eye involved crafting with Planar Essences, which are farmed in the end-game Planar Tombs and Planar Arena zones. The very nature of these zones limits the number of players who have the ability to farm and craft an Eye, and thus its stats reflected that rarity. Add to that the fact that at that time players did not receive an Eye as part of reaching platinum tier and this was going to be quite a rare gem indeed. After much feedback related to the public test, and internal discussions, the recipe was changed to be more accommodating of players of every level not only in regard to crafting the recipe, but also by granting every Platinum Tier player an Enchanted Eye immediately. Since multiple Eye’s can be used on a single character we had to weigh the potential possibility that some players would incorporate an entire set of Eye’s in their gear, which is comprised of (at maximum) 15 slots. With this feedback, and the likelihood that more players would be able to obtain it, we decided that the crit value had to compensate for its new level of availability.

With the test realm stats, the Eye granted around 2.13% Crit per gem at level 41. This multiplied by 15 sockets is an enormously game breaking 31.95% Crit. It was not a good idea to leave this as a possibility for the good of the game, and as a result the Crit was brought down to a more reasonable .97% Crit at level 41. In 15 sockets that’s still 14.55% Crit which is very large, but not as unmanageable.

On our end we failed to communicate that the server items were subject to change and were not permanent, and for that we apologize. The changes that had been made were also not updated in the appropriate locations. We will strive to avoid this sort of confusion in the future.

Thanks guys!
- Carapace

UPDATE: 12/17

The Enchanted Eye of Syrillax will be updated in the next data push (Thursday 12/18). The gem will follow a similar formula as the Paracelsus Gem in that the first socketed gem will give better stats than any subsequent gems.

The gem will now give the following stats on lvl 41 items:

1st Gem: 3/3/3 DEX/INT/STR and +0.97% crit PLUS a 1.16% crit bonus
2nd Gem: 3/3/3 DEX/INT/STR and +0.97% crit

and so on.

We hope this answers your feedback and suggestions in a way that makes this gem worth the grind to Platinum. It's certainly not easy to get there! And the reward should reflect that.

-Remiem

Edit: On an added note, the 1.16% Crit is a flat gain regardless of level. So for example at level 8 the base Crit is .31% PLUS the 1.16% Crit on the 1st Gem. This is not a bonus only for level 41 characters.

- Carapace

Linkincena
12-12-2014, 11:33 AM
If this could have been communicated earlier.. but thanks anyways man..

Carapace
12-12-2014, 11:54 AM
You should've stayed whit your original vision.. Was so excited too hear that twinks wont get this gem and sadly you changed it cuz of few of them cried about it lol

In the end it had more to do with keeping the event exciting for every level range. Every other aspect of our events adhere to this idea, so making it more accessible was the right call in terms of our known position on making the event appropriate for all levels and keeping it consistent.

Madnex
12-12-2014, 12:08 PM
What about a scaling unstackable crit bonus and no crit at all in the gems' stats? This way no one would receive those dangerous crit numbers and the gem would retain some interest and feel like a platinum tier reward. At the moment, this is the first time I've heard people quitting mid-tier in an event because they believe the rewards are not worth the gold/plat nor time. At the time, I agree with them.

notfaded1
12-12-2014, 12:10 PM
What about a scaling unstackable crit bonus and no crit at all in the gems' stats? This way no one would receive those dangerous crit numbers and the gem would retain some interest and feel like a platinum tier reward. At the moment, this is the first time I've heard people quitting mid-tier in an event because they believe the rewards are not worth the gold/plat nor time. At the time, I agree with them.

And because we all know Parth would be the first one running around with 80% crit o.O!

Algorhythm
12-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Your main priority in events should be end gamers and the lb prize, not who got the most twinks too plat tier..

You realise that its a lvl 18 rouge twink who is currently in first place on lb with 10k pts. Game shouldnt only be focus on end game. Twinks invest time and money on game too we should have same privledges.

leeelooo
12-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Carapace, please clarify... Remi posted this image and it says the enchanted eye has 1.54% crit, however you're saying it's .97% crit . Which is the correct information?

Carapace
12-12-2014, 12:13 PM
The post you were referencing was not updated with the correct information and included the Test Server stats for the item, which have since changed. the .97% Crit version is the correct version.

Firezmz
12-12-2014, 12:17 PM
The first Eye MUST BE stay at 2.13% Crit. Then the second and so on of the Eye will be at .97% Crit. So that will be worth for everyone to REACH the Plat tier. That is My Opinion. Otherwise it is NOT worth to run for this Gem

cyrusrevange
12-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Thank you

Chirurgienne
12-12-2014, 12:22 PM
So nothing change?

Sts can't make an item interesting without breaking pvp? Actually this gem is a bit underpowered, tarlok gem is also competitive and more more cheaper.
This is more harder to get Syrillax gem than para gem. As result it keep less interest than Para

In my opinion even if you don't up crit % , you can up a bit other thing and make plat tier runner more happy after this long effort

respectfully

Litheus
12-12-2014, 12:23 PM
if all want 2.13% crit than warrior and mage health and armour should given a buff

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 12:24 PM
The first Eye MUST BE stay at 2.13% Crit. Then the second and so on of the Eye will be at .97% Crit. So that will be worth for everyone to REACH the Plat tier. That is My Opinion. Otherwise it is NOT worth to run for this Gem

Good suggestion !

leeelooo
12-12-2014, 12:27 PM
The post you were referencing was not updated with the correct information and included the Test Server stats for the item, which have since changed. the .97% Crit version is the correct version.

Thank you for clarification and in order to avoid more confusion I would suggest that you or Remi update this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191821-The-Frozen-Frontlines-Winter-Event-is-Live-in-Arcane-Legends!) with an image that includes the correct information.

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Am I the only one that notice the calculation of Sts was wrong ? We don't have lvl41 mythic armor/helmet so the maximum crit bonus is not 15*0.97 or 15*2.13....

GG

toxorto
12-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Lol so the gem gives 0.97%critical at level 41? Lmao how much does it gives at levels below 20?
0.10%?
Please give it a 5 % critical bonus for ALL levels who will not stuck with others syrillax gems equipped. So we will have a reason to reach platinum tier.

Carapace
12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
The calculation is a worst case scenario of 3 sockets per item. While not typical, it is very possible and was the version that needed to be considered for the refactoring of the gem.

epicrrr
12-12-2014, 12:59 PM
I think we can more accommodating and understanding given the nature of crit chance in-game, I've just wish that these changes were released to us sooner. We were left in the dark and confused for a couple of days, and i have to fast track going Platinum tier to confirm it such back pain lol never again.

grzena1982
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
As a platinum player I am deeply dissatisfied with this outcome. I have been paying this game for over 2 years now and with any announcement like this it is really hard not to get annoyed. Absolutely nothing you say is reliable and it seems I cannot make prudent decisions based on your announcements. Sholud you had written - 'This are preliminary stats, subject to revision' - I would not be making this post, but you did not.

I have heavily invested in getting to the plat tier in order to obtain both the recipe and the eye as rewards. Should i have known this info beforehand i would have not bothered to buy plats nor participate after reaching the gold tier. I used over 3k of mana potions and my god damn time during which i could play any other reliable game. I have also bought 3 more eyes of the market for approx. 3m and now this.

This is unacceptable!

Sorcerie
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
I was sad to see the orginal stats get nerfed because I saw the potential for having an awesome endgame mage with a ridiculous crit chance with my Scythe, but I totally understand the need for the adjustment.

I think 14.55% crit chance is very reasonable, it'd be like having an extra Shady and Surge around without all the actual pet benefits, LOL.

But I don't think that I'll be breaking my back to get to plat tier for an extra +3 str, dex, int and .97 on my mage.

If the stats bonus was higher I'd feel more compelled, but as it stands it's really not better than any normal grand gem.

Such work and expense for so little. ._.

Serancha
12-12-2014, 01:14 PM
The calculation is a worst case scenario of 3 sockets per item. While not typical, it is very possible and was the version that needed to be considered for the refactoring of the gem.

So because one or two people out of tens of thousands may have 15 slots and fill them all with eyes, the entire community gets screwed out of a decent plat tier prize, and instead gets no incentive to run.

While I see that filling 15 slots with a critacular item would be a problem, surely there is some way to prevent this issue without making plat tier rewardless. Right now I am tempted to remove my eye and replace it with a gem that is actually beneficial, which is extremely depressing after how much effort it took me to get the damn thing.

if you can't make a gem that is both rewarding and un-exploitable, then you need to make something else as the prize. How about....I don't know....a new ring to replace the one we have worn for 10 levels? There's a concept.

Madnex
12-12-2014, 01:17 PM
This gem is in desperate need of some unstackable crit buff. Nothing exciting about +30 more HP/MP.

Serancha
12-12-2014, 01:19 PM
This gem is in desperate need of some unstackable crit buff. Nothing exciting about +30 more HP/MP.

And that is 30 over a normal gem. Less increase over a grand (depending on type)

grzena1982
12-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Why dont you stick with original values and nerf it for PVP?

Firezmz
12-12-2014, 01:21 PM
I was sad to see the orginal stats get nerfed because I saw the potential for having an awesome endgame mage with a ridiculous crit chance with my Scythe, but I totally understand the need for the adjustment.

I think 14.55% crit chance is very reasonable, it'd be like having an extra Shady and Surge around without all the actual pet benefits, LOL.

But I don't think that I'll be breaking my back to get to plat tier for an extra +3 str, dex, int and .97 on my mage.

If the stats bonus was higher I'd feel more compelled, but as it stands it's really not better than any normal grand gem.

Such work and expense for so little. ._.

Totally agreed with you. If they keep 2.13% Crit for the 1st Eye install, then from the second and so on at .97% Crit. I will run to plat tier. Otherwise, I WILL NOT. Not worth it. Putting too much time and Plats to get littleeee RESULT. Nahhhhh

justhell
So another update again -.- ...what for test server exist then?

Sorcerie
Why dont you stick with original values and nerf it for PVP?As a PvE only gamer I would love to see this, but I dunno how much that entails for the devs.

kixkaxx
12-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Are you saying there will be new mythic helmet and armor next year? Otherwise we don't have 15 of those lvl41 socket slot, even for the max geared player

Nitamana
12-12-2014, 01:41 PM
One of the problem is that the gem gives just a minor crit boost to twink gear. Imo, I want to have the crit gain flat across all level and let the stat gain be unchanged.

BTW, the para gem give damage boost much more to low level (for example 15% dam gain on a lv15 gun compare to only 5% gain on lv41 gun) so letting this gem a bit overpowered for twink gear wont cause any complaints at all.

jiph
12-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Every eye should grant 5% crit non stack able . But I guess I save the plat I bought and don't finish plat tier simple why can't the dev team can come out with better ideas is so simple

Hadec
12-12-2014, 02:07 PM
In conclusion this gem is a huge let down and pointless to farm for it sts..

grzena1982
12-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Can we come up with some amicable solution for both parties?

What would make it worth the effort for you guys?

How about this:

5 1 1 0.97%
3 3 3 0.97% 0.5 dmg
4 2 1 0.97% 0.25 dmg

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Energizeric
12-12-2014, 02:54 PM
You guys came up with a brilliant idea for solving this problem with the para gem. You made it so that the first gem gave a nice extra bonus, but then subsequent gems only give a smaller damage stat. I think it would be smart to use a similar formula for this gem.

Why not give an extra 2% crit bonus for the first gem, and then have the subsequent gems give the regular stats quoted above. That way you motivate every player to want to get one of these (keeping the demand there), while also making it not worthwhile to load up with a full set of these gems.

Also, I have another question.... do the stats of this gem (including the crit stat) scale to level? Or is it like the para gem and all levels get the same stats?

The reason para gems have caused issues at lower levels is because they don't scale. So a level 10 twink loading up with many para gems becomes quite OP. This not only affects PvP, but also affects PvE in relation to these events. With my level 10 twink mage, I can solo the bosses in this event faster than a 4 player party can at end game. My level 10 twink has considerably more damage than my main had during season 1 at the level 16 cap. Yet I believe PvE still scales the same as it did back then.

Another suggestion here: Perhaps lower level PvE needs to scale a bit differently to account for this. It will also make it more difficult for players to create a ton of alts just to run the event. Yes, those that are "pro" twinks should be running the event, and they have the gear to do so even if you make it more difficult. But when I try to do PUGs during this event, I will enter the dungeon and find I am with 3 other players who have the gear that drops from the bards quest and have 8 damage and 15 armor at level 10. No way players like this should be running the event and being able to achieve gold/plat tier, so making it more difficult at lower levels will stop this from happening.

That will then cause the gold & plat tier prizes to be more exclusive, thus they will be worth more and this will be more of a motivator for most players to achieve these tiers. Because right now it seems less expensive to just purchase the new recipe and an eye than actually running the event. I can purchase both for around 1.2m, and that price will surely drop over the coming weeks. How much will it cost me to purchase the energy to get to plat tier?

Reconstruction
12-12-2014, 03:30 PM
The thing I like about al is tHat the community is so opinionated

Killfreeak
12-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Perhaps you could create a scaling system which actually does the opposite to what it originally was supposed to do? Lower level players recieve up to 2% crit per gem, while end gamers recieve 1% crit. As twinks aren't walking around with 30% crit, (infact rogues stuggle to reach 20% crit if they dont have a pet which gives 10%+ crit) it could be nice to see crit become a factor in twinks too. The majority of twinks i see have around 3% crit, unless you are a rogue/have samael, but even then, the highest achievable amount of crit is still 20% crit. It would make twinks more exciting -add that end game feel to twinks where crit is inevitable- and it gives the twinks the boost of crit they were looking forward to receiving from this event. :)

Lidless
12-12-2014, 03:55 PM
If youre not going to change the gems stats then you should consider increasing the eyes drop rate. Right now its insanely rare making the recipe nearly useless for an overpriced gem. Just saying.

Candylicks
12-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Cara you see we all dislike the gem and its new stats. You change it for us and we will happily plat many toons to get them. No problem!

Ener had the best suggestions.

1. Scale it to the equipment level that its placed in
2. Scale it so only the first one gives the crit punch and each subsequent is less

Let us have ONE gem w/ the original stats at end game.

Firezmz
12-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes,,,, in order to reach the Plat Tier, at least ONE gem w/ the original stats.

vawaid
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
bring back paracelsu soul stone . :-p lol

Idly
12-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Imo a gem for plat tier no matter how OP sucks, a vanity as a LB prize also sucks. You need to start making these events worth running again.

Ursoth was on the right track for rewards, so many people were desperately farming for Dovabear (even tho his aa sucks) and SnS the best pet in the game and only available through the event (huhu) gems and vanities just feel bleurgh, I dont even have motivation to reach gold tier because I know ill be able to buy yowie in 1-2 weeks for the cost of 5-10 energy kits. And as for plat tier for that gem just lol

Ravager
12-12-2014, 06:00 PM
At its current state its just a bad overall gem. Who prefers tactics or force gear for the extra crit vs assault, brutality or potency? Those are the small handful that will consider using the gem.

At least make it 4/4/4.

Kakashis
12-12-2014, 06:21 PM
This will be the first event where the highest I'll go for any of my toons is gold XD the plat reward isn't worth the effort XD

Kingofninjas
12-12-2014, 06:55 PM
So because one or two people out of tens of thousands may have 15 slots and fill them all with eyes, the entire community gets screwed out of a decent plat tier prize, and instead gets no incentive to run.

While I see that filling 15 slots with a critacular item would be a problem, surely there is some way to prevent this issue without making plat tier rewardless. Right now I am tempted to remove my eye and replace it with a gem that is actually beneficial, which is extremely depressing after how much effort it took me to get the damn thing.

if you can't make a gem that is both rewarding and un-exploitable, then you need to make something else as the prize. How about....I don't know....a new ring to replace the one we have worn for 10 levels? There's a concept.

Ikr. Needs of the many before the needs of the few. Another solution would be to allow Zeus to have only a maximum of 5 of these gems at an given point. If we do that, I think the odds of somebody running around with 15 of these gems are significantly reduced.

Dalmony
12-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Please confirm whether there will be any further changes to this gem. Is this the final version or is it going to change again?

Thanks

Dal

Chirurgienne
12-12-2014, 07:18 PM
This is not late for making some change

actually many players don't run and prefer to buy recipe and eye in auction ( 1m for both) lol

Memnoch The Devil
12-12-2014, 09:13 PM
please release an official statement regarding the lb prizes... is just the vanity or other stuff too?

Franocazzzo
12-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Your main priority in events should be end gamers and the lb prize, not who got the most twinks too plat tier..

Just the absolute worst suggestion ever, since the devs said them selves events will be able to be farmed by players of all levels. Also the fact that your super rich making it easy for you to say this to try to limit the amount of items influencing in the market to get richer. And because most of the people who play al wouldnt be able to farm the events at all giving them the chance to make gold.

demonrazor
12-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Just the absolute worst suggestion ever, since the devs said them selves events will be able to be farmed by players of all levels. Also the fact that your super rich making it easy for you to say this to try to limit the amount of items influencing in the market to get richer. And because most of the people who play al wouldnt be able to farm the events at all giving them the chance to make gold.

99% of the events any levels can farm the event. None of the devs ever mentioned that twinks cannot farm this event. They even made the LB opened up to all levels.

Kriticality
12-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Please confirm whether there will be any further changes to this gem. Is this the final version or is it going to change again?

Thanks

Dal

I agree and will wait to run to plat. I don't really want a gem that I'd prob pay 6k for? I wouldn't use it but I hope I could sell for 8k. How do the devs imagine geared end gamers would ever use this? Would you replace a grand tarlok or regular grand with this gem? I want to get inside a devs head. Where do you see the value, ie what would you replace with this gem for an improvement? I can't come up with a good answer...honestly. I hear the reasons for the nerf but how is this gem valuable? I was kidding about the resale earlier in the post. I buy things that I want to use. I can't find one good reason to buy or run for this gem. Love yowie btw. :)

epicrrr
12-12-2014, 11:22 PM

Thanks

Dal

Oh god, please stick to the current gem stat this time. Rectify it with a more worthy farmable gem in the future. Too much gem changes confuses a lot of people and a lot of false info circulating which have the potential to reach days to players who are not forum-active.

and besides, damage boost is ok but higher crit chance is "God-game-activated".
PVP wise where you will stay most of your AL time :banana:

uunknownn
12-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Lol have you tried to run in twinks in lvl 18-23??i guess not!!running event in endgame is a lot essier!lol

Kriticality
12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
And energy is selling for 30% less than Halloween. I couldn't sell energy fast enough. Now it's almost on par with selling ankhs. Maybe that many more people bought plat to sell energy or maybe people aren't running as much. Either way, the supply is def more than the demand, whatever that may mean.

Serancha
12-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Oh god, please stick to the current gem stat this time. Rectify it with a more worthy farmable gem in the future. Too much gem changes confuses a lot of people and a lot of false info circulating which have the potential to reach days to players who are not forum-active.

and besides, damage boost is ok but higher crit chance is "God-game-activated".
PVP wise where you will stay most of your AL time :banana:

That's fine if your opinion is that they should leave it as it is for the twinks,. However, that does NOT change the fact that it desperately needs to be fixed for end game.

Uicheusa
12-13-2014, 12:22 AM
You thought one Delphina was easy to replace.

Limsi
12-13-2014, 12:56 AM
As a platinum player I am deeply dissatisfied with this outcome. I have been paying this game for over 2 years now and with any announcement like this it is really hard not to get annoyed. Absolutely nothing you say is reliable and it seems I cannot make prudent decisions based on your announcements. Sholud you had written - 'This are preliminary stats, subject to revision' - I would not be making this post, but you did not.

I have heavily invested in getting to the plat tier in order to obtain both the recipe and the eye as rewards. Should i have known this info beforehand i would have not bothered to buy plats nor participate after reaching the gold tier. I used over 3k of mana potions and my god damn time during which i could play any other reliable game. I have also bought 3 more eyes of the market for approx. 3m and now this.

This is unacceptable!

I'm quoting this for you guys to see.

We know humans make mistakes and that's part of the game, but when it comes to information dissemination, the same problem recurs. I'll be frank with you guys, whatever you announce in the community seems to always be subject to change. Do you like a place where even your most loyal players could not even trust you as a company when it comes to "final words"?

Kingofninjas
12-13-2014, 01:27 AM
At its current state its just a bad overall gem. Who prefers tactics or force gear for the extra crit vs assault, brutality or potency? Those are the small handful that will consider using the gem.

At least make it 4/4/4.

A bad price for the plat tier? Sure I would agree with you 100%. But a bad gem overall? Not so sure. Look at it this way. I am a rogue and I incorporate some int and str into my stat distribution. I am sure mages include some str in theirs and maybe dex but not sure and have no clue about tank builds.

Let me use my own distribution as an example. Currently, I am putting 20 points in str, 10 in int and 210 in dex. I have 3.9k health and 1.7k mana. Lets say I put 3 of these gems in my own gear. I get +9 int, str, dex. Lets say these replaced the grand fire gems (which is what most people have). If I wish to retain my original stats, I can remove 9 int and 9 str (18 points) from my original distribution and end up with the same health and mana. Since I am losing 3 dex per gem (9 total), I will add this 9 dex to my stat distribution. I now have 9 free points to add wherever I wish, enhancing my stats in every way. This does not include the crit bonus (of 3%, which is an added bonus). While I cannot speak for tanks and mages, this gem is certainly a viable option for rogues. I would love to get a mages and tanks input on this reasoning and if it applies to them.

That being said, this measly stat increase is certainly not befitting of a plat tier reward, especially one that is so absurdly hard to reach.

Zeus
12-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Carapace,

Yes, one can gain the critical rate you mentioned. However, in the world of gems like paeacelsus...it would be unwise to go full eye gem.

Paracelsus gems are still extremely useful and one can go to a maximum of 5-6 until they become not worth it. Typically, a player has at least 1 while the common number of paracelsus gems seems to be 1-3.

So, going at your previous rate, that's -6.39%. Also, let us not forget that some will need some primary stat or Tarlok wind gems to keep up bonus damage so the paracelsus gems remain useful. So, more gem slots are used from that. In reality, one really only has 4-5 slots to use for the new gem.

Also, let us not forget that your new imbued armors/helms currently only have 2 slots per item. So, a maxed rogue would have 13 slots. At least 3 will be taken by Paracelsus. 4-5 will be used by primary. The remaining would be safe to go: either primary, eye, or more para.

The way you had it before allowed for diversity in builds. Yes, the crit could be ~31% but one would be sacrificing a lot for that to happen.

2.13% IMO, was reasonable. Remember, this gem also detracts directly from skill damage, damage, bonus damage, and other important attributes when compared to a primary gem. It's a supplemental gem but IMO, it can never be a primary gem like the original: blood, glacial, and fire gem replacements.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would use this gem in all 15 slots. Even when the gem had 2.13% crit, it was questionable if one should use it or not.

Furthermore, if this is slated to change then refunds should be handed out. I was grinding and bought gems under the expectations that the gems would have the stats developers announced. Furthermore, even though I can afford to, I knew that going more than 4-5 eye gems would be a downfall.

Please keep in mind that this gem was OKAY when considering all the other various gem types currently in existence.

Anarchist
12-13-2014, 01:51 AM
This was the last one i could take. Good bye.

epicrrr
12-13-2014, 03:35 AM
That's fine if your opinion is that they should leave it as it is for the twinks,. However, that does NOT change the fact that it desperately needs to be fixed for end game.

I know you hate low level pvp but,from what I've been hearing and seeing on youtube about rog 1-hit KO everyone, PVP will be more ruined at 41 if you put the orignal crit stats on the syrillax gem, you wont have any problem whether they buff or nerfed syrillax again cause you're a rog.

KillerXyler
12-13-2014, 03:40 AM
if all want 2.13% crit than warrior and mage health and armour should given a buff

Agree with this!

Algorhythm
12-13-2014, 03:44 AM
Ok ill be honest whit you.. I hate twinks, lol. Running events whit under lv20 rogues its 3 times easier then maxed lv41!! Where's fairness in this?? Yeah you should have the privilege for competition, but its unfair too have such an advantage

Lol probably takes end game 30-40 mins to kill truell in tdm and it took my friends and I 3 hours to complete. Still not complaining about this imbalancement.

Shimada
12-13-2014, 03:47 AM
All I can say in this event....? I won't spend even 1 plat at all, I wont even spend my ankhs if any to revive after boss kill.

Ardbeg
12-13-2014, 03:48 AM
i would like to see a boost on the primary stat to make it usefull for all classes. it shouldn t be a twink/rogue gem as a plat tier reward for all.

beulaana
12-13-2014, 05:54 AM
do u know how hard and how much needed to make 15 eye of syrillax?

Haligali
12-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Ikr. Needs of the many before the needs of the few. Another solution would be to allow Zeus to have only a maximum of 5 of these gems at an given point. If we do that, I think the odds of somebody running around with 15 of these gems are significantly reduced.
Lol haha, +1 to this, nerf zeus :)

Shimada
12-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Lol haha, +1 to this, nerf zeus :)

Lol, now you want to nerfed Zeus? Wow hahaha

Thrindal
12-13-2014, 08:45 AM
I just want to agree that this gem is now useless at endgame. I'm only using free energy now. I will stick to grand regular and tarlok gems.

And there is no way anyone is getting a refund. That is laughable. You can't refund in game gold, talk about breaking the economy.

LadyElsa
12-13-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm not happy with this event at all. U have made it more for the wingy elites who only care about keeping their "status" above all the other players. This event has been totally disappointing I have wasted time and money on platinum trying to get to platinum tier and now It's not even worth it at all in fact the gold tier is the best prize. Makes me feel like you care more about the elite players and keeping them happy over the rest of us because they are your "biggest customers". Doesn't make me wanna play this game anymore and I certainly won't waste my money on this game again.

Killfreeak
12-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Lol @ when a tarlok gem is better than the platinum award LOL. Compare para gems to eye of syrillax.. The eye is compareable to primary gems... This gem should be compareable to para. If anyone ever told me the eye was as good as para, i would LMAO

twoxc
12-13-2014, 10:34 AM
at lease boost the primary stats to 5/5/5 or 6/6/6. 3/3/3 is a joke. Even tarlok give 5/3 for super. Also this Enhanted syrillax eye is actually more for rogue. tank don't need crit they all for STR=health as for Mage sure so and so on crit but so many mage has quit already lol.

ALSO might I add carapace. You're wrong on being 15 slot maximum at .97crit per slot on a toon. on evel 36 mythic armors only give .87crit. Those are the only armors worth using It on that has 3 slots while the new imbued or any other legendary equip has only 2 slots. This not including legendary ring and pendant that most average players use. Even if fang mythic or blood ruby mythic ring are used, the gem probably give .77crit base on the level of a 41 to 36.

MaestroMaster
12-13-2014, 11:16 AM
To buff the stats further imho would create a further imbalance in the game. If as suggested by some if the gem is buff to 6all stats, rogues would hv 90more hp and 60 more mana per gem. Wars on the other hand would gain only 36more hp. I was under the impression wars are the tanking class, correct me if im wrong. With eg 8 of this gems rogue would hv 720hp 480mana more, gg. As it is with pendant, ring rogues already hv nearly 5k hp. I really don't see how buffing the stats on this gem would help the game as a whole. Buff maybe the crit but definately not the all stat value.

Excuses
12-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Lol
Is this a joke?
Do you guys really think 14.55%crit is reasonable with 3 3 3 stat? I'm curious.

Boost primary stat with same crit or more crit please.
This is worthless atm.

And if you don't want only few people to exploit, increase drop rate of eye too. It's ridiculously low atm. I don't care about sellers. I am talking about game balance.

Dalmony
12-13-2014, 11:42 AM
It would be nice if the gem was equivalent to a super gem, I think it would even be acceptable to make it 6 primary +0.97 crit. This would make the gem worth running for as it would be an alternative way to get a super gem with a little extra bonus.

But what I really want is to know whether this gem is still being looked at or whether it is now in its final state. I don't know whether to invest in getting to platinum tier to achieve the prize, or whether that will ultimately be a waste of my gold >.<

Additonally, if you change this gem too late in the game, people will be left frustrated if they no longer have time to achieve platinum which they may have (rightfully) stopped running for as they felt the reward would not repay the investment in terms of time/gold/plat.

Hellcookie
12-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Ok ill be honest whit you.. I hate twinks, lol. Running events whit under lv20 rogues its 3 times easier then maxed lv41!! Where's fairness in this?? Yeah you should have the privilege for competition, but its unfair too have such an advantage

Lmao. R u serious? 3x easier? Lvl41 rogues was faster & easier than lvl9 rogues for example at halloween event, where r the 3x easier?

toxorto
12-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Twinks are not the problem here...
And you are forgetting that not all players below lvl 40 are twinks. There are a lot of players who are new in this game. How can you expect to be the event bosses even harder for lower levels? How would a newbie kill those bosses?

Anarchist
12-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Personally i can gaf less about this twink and endgamers dumb fights.
What i dont understand is why a 5k+ points reward. A number extremely difficult to pile up, the hardest and most expensive plat tier of all events, has to have comparable stats(if not worser) to a gem worth 2k buyable outside cs for 1k.

What sort of crap balancement is this dear Carapace, is this the best STG developement team can accomplish? Is this the best your brainstormings could produce?

Leuidisi
12-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Lol... Everyone is selling their enchanted recipe... I think plat tier definitely dont worth it...

Franocazzzo
12-13-2014, 05:21 PM
I just saw some lvl 13 gear on market with syrlax gem and .43 crit? Another joke and secret nerf?

Serancha
12-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I just saw some lvl 13 gear on market with syrlax gem and .43 crit? Another joke and secret nerf?

That would be what they call "scaling".

killajamila
12-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Carapace,

Yes, one can gain the critical rate you mentioned. However, in the world of gems like paeacelsus...it would be unwise to go full eye gem.

Paracelsus gems are still extremely useful and one can go to a maximum of 5-6 until they become not worth it. Typically, a player has at least 1 while the common number of paracelsus gems seems to be 1-3.

So, going at your previous rate, that's -6.39%. Also, let us not forget that some will need some primary stat or Tarlok wind gems to keep up bonus damage so the paracelsus gems remain useful. So, more gem slots are used from that. In reality, one really only has 4-5 slots to use for the new gem.

Also, let us not forget that your new imbued armors/helms currently only have 2 slots per item. So, a maxed rogue would have 13 slots. At least 3 will be taken by Paracelsus. 4-5 will be used by primary. The remaining would be safe to go: either primary, eye, or more para.

The way you had it before allowed for diversity in builds. Yes, the crit could be ~31% but one would be sacrificing a lot for that to happen.

2.13% IMO, was reasonable. Remember, this gem also detracts directly from skill damage, damage, bonus damage, and other important attributes when compared to a primary gem. It's a supplemental gem but IMO, it can never be a primary gem like the original: blood, glacial, and fire gem replacements.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would use this gem in all 15 slots. Even when the gem had 2.13% crit, it was questionable if one should use it or not.

Furthermore, if this is slated to change then refunds should be handed out. I was grinding and bought gems under the expectations that the gems would have the stats developers announced. Furthermore, even though I can afford to, I knew that going more than 4-5 eye gems would be a downfall.

Please keep in mind that this gem was OKAY when considering all the other various gem types currently in existence.

This^^^ ��I would NOT have invested the time and money that I did. Some kind of compensation would be appreciated.

Candylicks
12-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Ps. Fix the skellies bug.

Leonut
12-14-2014, 04:45 AM
To be fair, the gem is most favourable to a sorc. It enables me to bring crit to 42% and not lose the damage modifier I require, as well highlighted by zeus. That's even playing field now for sorc running on crit builds.

Sir Lubo Penev
12-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Making this gem 6/6/6 or even 6/3/3 renders all other gems in this game (besides the para stone) useless. I won't bother myself with pointless calculations, but I suspect 5/5/5 will do the same. I don't think this would be good for the game as a whole.

HotttSauce
12-14-2014, 02:48 PM
You thought one Delphina was easy to replace.

+1 this

Serancha
12-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Making this gem 6/6/6 or even 6/3/3 renders all other gems in this game (besides the para stone) useless. I won't bother myself with pointless calculations, but I suspect 5/5/5 will do the same. I don't think this would be good for the game as a whole.

The extreme amount of work and cost required to get this gem means it will never be abundant. It is so much more difficult to get than Paracelsus stone, and so much worse in stats that it's laughable. Why do you think the energy prices are so low this time? Nobody is bothering to run for plat, because the ingredient almost never drops, and it takes close to 150 energy to get the single gem "reward".

Devs, could we please have some information on if this is going to be fixed? Really, it is you that are losing out here, as most players are stopping at gold tier. If there was a decent reward, you'd get a whole lot more people buying both energy and elixirs.

Lovelovelove
12-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Perfect

Killfreeak
12-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Agreed Serancha. Even just 4/3/3 or 5/3/3 would be appreciated... Still a rather weak gem considering how rare it is and the effort required to craft one of these, but at least it would be an improvement.

Personally, i think first gem should give 2% crit permanently, then the rest of the gems give the current stat (which would scale for each level). This way, no-one is achieving tremendous amounts of crit, but it is still a gem which is actually effective.

Also, wouldn't STG me making a whole lot more money? More people farming for eye of syrillax means more people buying energy and elixirs, which means more people spending plat, which means more money for you. I really think there is no downside to this. It isn't a buff that will ruin the game, and it is a good enough buff to make it worth slotting them.

What puzzles me, is STS is willing to have a pet such as breeze (which even with the "nerf" puts Samael to shame) in the game, and aren't willing to buff a gem which is incredibly rare by such a small amount. Please STS, dont you see a huge amount of your 'customers' want this to happen?

Kriticality
12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
The extreme amount of work and cost required to get this gem means it will never be abundant. It is so much more difficult to get than Paracelsus stone, and so much worse in stats that it's laughable. Why do you think the energy prices are so low this time? Nobody is bothering to run for plat, because the ingredient almost never drops, and it takes close to 150 energy to get the single gem "reward".

Devs, could we please have some information on if this is going to be fixed? Really, it is you that are losing out here, as most players are stopping at gold tier. If there was a decent reward, you'd get a whole lot more people buying both energy and elixirs.

Or if it's even under review... Let us know something. If it isn't going to change, each day that passes, is going to make this a harder pill to swallow. People are not running as much or guessing (hoping) while running that something changes. It's Monday, the patch is out, now let's have this discussion. Not a response a day, let's finish this in the next day or two. Either way it goes, I'd like to know FOR SURE by the end of the week, if not sooner. It appears that other people feel similarly.

Killfreeak
12-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Or if it's even under review... Let us know something. If it isn't going to change, each day that passes, is going to make this a harder pill to swallow. People are not running as much or guessing (hoping) while running that something changes. It's Monday, the patch is out, now let's have this discussion. Not a response a day, let's finish this in the next day or two. Either way it goes, I'd like to know FOR SURE by the end of the week, if not sooner. It appears that other people feel similarly.

Totally agree

Sir Lubo Penev
12-15-2014, 06:31 PM

With all due respect, I don't agree with this. We will potentially have a lot more eyes than para stones after event is over. A large part of the para stones came from a not so large group of people with a lot of alts, and I mean A LOT of alts. These same people, or at least most of them, run for plat with their alts again. This, plus the fact that you can craft additional eyes, means that we will see a lot of these gems very soon. I can bet on that.

And on top of this, there are people, who are hoarding eyes at the moment, hoping for a buff.

------

As for energy - it is cheap due to a whole lot of reasons, not just because the eye is weak.

Example 1: people had energy left from Halloween. I myself had about 40. Some lb runners from Halloween had hundreds and they are not buying now.

Example 2: there is nothing to buy with tokens, that is actually worth it. We had Grimm in Halloween. Most casual players ran Halloween to get Grimm. Nobody runs for Breezaga.

And so on and so forth.

-----

And finally - I am principally against the constant buff/nerf policy, that has become the norm in this game recently. And I am against those said buffs/nerfs being implemented based on what the most vocal people in the game and/or on forums want. If you want to buff or nerf anything, you find a way to gather as many opinions as possible.

Serancha
12-15-2014, 07:15 PM
I am also against the buff/nerf business, however this something was nerfed to the point of unusable before release. A lot of people spent a lot of money to obtain it only to discover it was no longer what the devs had announced.

When a tarlok gem is better than the platinum tier reward, there is a problem.

Excuses
12-15-2014, 07:31 PM
We will potentially have a lot more eyes than para stones after event is over. A large part of the para stones came from a not so large group of people with a lot of alts, and I mean A LOT of alts. These same people, or at least most of them, run for plat with their alts again. This, plus the fact that you can craft additional eyes, means that we will see a lot of these gems very soon. I can bet on that.

Agree with this. Better than para.
However, it doesn't make any changes that this gem is useless. :/

Buckledown
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
wow 15 slots eye in one character ?

Sir Lubo Penev
12-15-2014, 08:31 PM
I agree the gem is weak. I don't agree with the suggestions to make it 6/6/6, 6/3/3 or something like that. It's designed as a crit gem - if you really want to buff it, up the crit to its previous value and use the para stone formula (first eye gives 2.54% crit, each next 0.97% or whatever the numbers were). No need to make fire/blood/glacial and all tarlok gems completely useless. Para stone didn't do that, why should this gem?

Dalmony
12-15-2014, 08:38 PM
With all due respect, I don't agree with this. We will potentially have a lot more eyes than para stones after event is over. A large part of the para stones came from a not so large group of people with a lot of alts, and I mean A LOT of alts. These same people, or at least most of them, run for plat with their alts again. This, plus the fact that you can craft additional eyes, means that we will see a lot of these gems very soon. I can bet on that.

And on top of this, there are people, who are hoarding eyes at the moment, hoping for a buff.

------

As for energy - it is cheap due to a whole lot of reasons, not just because the eye is weak.

Example 1: people had energy left from Halloween. I myself had about 40. Some lb runners from Halloween had hundreds and they are not buying now.

Example 2: there is nothing to buy with tokens, that is actually worth it. We had Grimm in Halloween. Most casual players ran Halloween to get Grimm. Nobody runs for Breezaga.

And so on and so forth.

-----

And finally - I am principally against the constant buff/nerf policy, that has become the norm in this game recently. And I am against those said buffs/nerfs being implemented based on what the most vocal people in the game and/or on forums want. If you want to buff or nerf anything, you find a way to gather as many opinions as possible.

Very true. Especially the last part.

As well as this, there should be more messages from SYSTEM about the screenshot challenge :)

Like this:

SYSTEM: screenshot challenge is up for today! Head to our forums for 21 day challenge and a chance to win lb vanities or whim!

Dalmony
12-15-2014, 08:43 PM
I agree the gem is weak. I don't agree with the suggestions to make it 6/6/6, 6/3/3 or something like that. It's designed as a crit gem - if you really want to buff it, up the crit to its previous value and use the para stone formula (first eye gives 2.54% crit, each next 0.97% or whatever the numbers were). No need to make fire/blood/glacial and all tarlok gems completely useless. Para stone didn't do that, why should this gem?

Or just make that the first gem gives 3/3/3 +5 crit bonus (non stackable). All subsequent gems would give 3/3/3 only.

That means that its worth people running for and using one eye gem at least per toon, but its not really worth fully gemming a set with them. To clarify that means that ONLY the first gem gives crit which is added as a bonus like the 5dmg of the first para gem. Any other secondary/tertiary gems have no crit at all.

Lidless
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
You guys arent receiving any feedback about this from the devs btw lol

Kriticality
12-15-2014, 09:35 PM

I know. I move between laughing and hyper irritation bc that's all we are asking for. Maybe I'll email support and copy/paste here. I concede. I lose. I've spent plenty of money this event this far. I will choose to stop abusing myself. :)

Dalmony
12-15-2014, 09:51 PM

Just wait for the "no eye buff, no money" movement lol XD

Shimada
12-16-2014, 12:36 AM

We do need a clarification from the dev on their side for this. We are on the mode of hanging. Hanging because there were no definite answer as to how to assess the said problem. Cmon devs give us your best shot, come up with the very good analysis on this matter. Market is already crashing this is somewhat an urgent matter to attend.

Pandaxxo
12-16-2014, 01:07 AM

^ I agree with this! :applause::loyal:

vfreakhun
12-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Or just make that the first gem gives 3/3/3 +5 crit bonus (non stackable). All subsequent gems would give 3/3/3 only.

That means that its worth people running for and using one eye gem at least per toon, but its not really worth fully gemming a set with them. To clarify that means that ONLY the first gem gives crit which is added as a bonus like the 5dmg of the first para gem. Any other secondary/tertiary gems have no crit at all.
I support this.
- There will be no big unblance in twink neither in end game.
- As Zeus said (with this suggestion it is very obvious) this gem is not intended to replace base gems.

Hellcookie
12-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Sts shouldnt change anything with the syri gem! The event started and the gem is a bit fail, accept it. Sts will do hopefully a better event next time. The guys, who cry here bought many syri gems, want a buff now to sell it for more gold then, lmao. So dont change anything in this event, it started, who need to cry can do it, done.

Shimada
12-16-2014, 05:21 AM
Sts shouldnt change anything with the syri gem! The event started and the gem is a bit fail, accept it. Sts will do hopefully a better event next time. The guys, who cry here bought many syri gems, want a buff now to sell it for more gold then, lmao. So dont change anything in this event, it started, who need to cry can do it, done.

FYI , I haven't bought even 1 gem. Not planning to bought also. I'll accomplish it with my own effort. This thread is about changing the gem into better stats not for the good of the few but for the whole gamers as well. This changing also required while the event is still going on. Individuals who bought for the gem , thats their choice and right coz they have the money.

Kingumar
12-16-2014, 11:06 AM
All the players demand a buff except some lol. so sts must buff the gem or they will loose their plat-users :P and also non-plat users. we expected something better from you STS this is not fair at all reaching plat tier in halloween event was easier than this event and look at the the reward of this event.

P.S change the new gem to paracelsus soul stone but with different name and with better stats :D

cynor
12-16-2014, 11:29 AM
This is what you get when you failed to properly plan things out sts.

Also, lame devs, lame admins, lame mods. Where the heck do you see in any game that a change is made and it took more or less a week to announce it? Only here.

Cmon sts. You still have players. Straighten up. Otherwise you're killing your own server.

Kriticality
12-16-2014, 11:29 AM

That's not what we want. Stats were announced and people sprinted to plat tier, only to find out for themselves after socketing (and replacing other grands) that the stats had been secretly changed. Hence this thread... Then sts came out and effectively said "yeah, our bad for not being transparent, we did that" lol

Sir Lubo Penev
12-16-2014, 06:19 PM
All the players demand a buff except some
Not entirely true. It's more like this:

A lot of players demand a huge buff (i.e. make it 6/6/6, 6/3/3/ or even 10/10/10), that will steer away from the gem's original design (a crit gem) and will make all other gems useless.

Some, like me, just want it at its original stats, or at a modifications of its original stats - i.e. 3/3/3 with 2.54% crit for the first gem (and following the para stone formula for each next - 0.97% or whatever), or,as Dalmony suggested - make it 5% crit one time.

That's it.

warriorromio
12-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Why u guys are giving ir a crit bonous...
Why no armor bonous yet in gems......
Is all the events and contenta of tje game are for rouges only ....
Why not its like depend on the class that it will turn ti the class is ussing it..
Like for war it gives armor..
For rouge crit.
For mage damage....
And and and main thing
Incease the value primaru stat of gem and dont stak there bonous ....
Like if on warrior class item it will give 8str 5int 5 dex per gem it ....
And same to other classea ...
Just make the secondary stat of yhe gem not stackable

Serancha
12-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Not entirely true. It's more like this:

A lot of players demand a huge buff (i.e. make it 6/6/6, 6/3/3/ or even 10/10/10), that will steer away from the gem's original design (a crit gem) and will make all other gems useless.

Some, like me, just want it at its original stats, or at a modifications of its original stats - i.e. 3/3/3 with 2.54% crit for the first gem (and following the para stone formula for each next - 0.97% or whatever), or,as Dalmony suggested - make it 5% crit one time.

That's it.

The stats mentioned by players are suggestions. The devs asked what we thought would be appropriate, so people answered. These are in no way demands, but opinions for feedback purposes.

Madnex
12-17-2014, 12:52 AM
There definitely needs to be a buff somewhere. Be it extra main stat or some unstackable crit on the first gem.

Excuses
12-17-2014, 09:07 AM
You better make a decision before this weekend, which is gonna be too late.

Hope you guys give at least 1 more primary stat.

Kingumar
12-17-2014, 10:16 AM
tarlok wind gem give 2int and 2 dex and syrillax gem give 2int 2str 2dex and 0.94 crit. Syrillax gem hard to get and tarlok gem easy to get which one is better?. Both give almost the same stats and 2str and 0.94 crit.is not a big difference is it?

Sent from my iPhone 1000 using Tapatalk 1000

Serancha
12-17-2014, 11:06 AM
tarlok wind gem give 2int and 2 dex and syrillax gem give 2int 2str 2dex and 0.94 crit. Syrillax gem hard to get and tarlok gem easy to get which one is better?. Both give almost the same stats and 2str and 0.94 crit.is not a big difference is it?

Sent from my iPhone 1000 using Tapatalk 1000

The stats depend on the level of the gear they are socketed in, and tarlok has grand versions that are quite a lot higher than the eye in most cases.

twoxc
12-17-2014, 11:21 AM
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! JUST GIVE US AN ANSWER, YES OR NO, BUFF OR NOT lol SIMPLE AS THAT.

Idly
12-17-2014, 12:40 PM
In true STS fashion there will be no confirmation of an impending buff or whether it will be left as it is, if there is a buff there will be a random 'maintenance update' and then it will be a case of whoever checks forums first and relogs makes a fortune by buying up all the eyes.

STS if you intend to buff the gem please do a 'System' announcement ingame a good couple of hours before the buff and dont release the new stats so people don't know whether to hoard all or not.

Energizeric
12-17-2014, 12:54 PM
In true STS fashion there will be no confirmation of an impending buff or whether it will be left as it is, if there is a buff there will be a random 'maintenance update' and then it will be a case of whoever checks forums first and relogs makes a fortune by buying up all the eyes.

STS if you intend to buff the gem please do a 'System' announcement ingame a good couple of hours before the buff and dont release the new stats so people don't know whether to hoard all or not.

So then those who are online have the same chance. There is no good way to do such a change, there will always be someone who gets there first and makes a profit. I was once fortunate to be that person in season 3 when they buffed the abyssal flamberge warrior weapons, and I made a small fortune. You just have to be lucky I guess.

Idly
12-17-2014, 01:29 PM
So then those who are online have the same chance. There is no good way to do such a change, there will always be someone who gets there first and makes a profit. I was once fortunate to be that person in season 3 when they buffed the abyssal flamberge warrior weapons, and I made a small fortune. You just have to be lucky I guess.

The difference there would be an announcement on the forum's goes out to <10% of the population and a system announcement multiple times over a couple of hours would reach a lot more. It is similar to standing on your porch shouting (Forum) compared to a tv advert (System announcement) and if its only announced it will receive a buff but not what that buff will be it should dissuade someone from gambling and buying them all. For all they know a buff could be 3/2/2 0.97% anyway thats the most fair way I can come up with.

Sorcerie
12-17-2014, 02:50 PM
The difference there would be an announcement on the forum's goes out to <10% of the population and a system announcement multiple times over a couple of hours would reach a lot more. It is similar to standing on your porch shouting (Forum) compared to a tv advert (System announcement) and if its only announced it will receive a buff but not what that buff will be it should dissuade someone from gambling and buying them all. For all they know a buff could be 3/2/2 0.97% anyway thats the most fair way I can come up with.This is why the system update comes with a timer and post on the forums, so that you can see the changes for yourself before they are implemented.

Afterwards it's a matter of first come first serve, like everything else in the game.

If you're the first to get to the post, then you're the first to take advantage of the information.

Is it fair? Yes, because the system announcement says to check the forums for the update details, which is available to everyone.

If they don't have a forums account, don't bother to check fast enough, or are just too lazy to read it until the update is done, then it's a personal issue, but I feel the chances for everyone are equal.

Raptorz
12-17-2014, 02:55 PM
We could have an automatic expired item when this " items" has been updated

Idly
12-17-2014, 02:58 PM
This is why the system update comes with a post on the forums, so that you can see the changes for yourself. Afterwards it's a matter of first come first serve, like everything else in the game.

If you're the first to get to the post, then you're the first to take advantage of the information.

Is it fair? Yes, because the system announcement says to check the forums for the update details, which is available to everyone.

If they don't have a forums account, don't bother to check fast enough, or are just too lazy to read it until the update is done, then it's a personal issue, but I feel the chances for everyone are equal.

I agree to a point however it's

'System- Update, server going down for maintenance in 15 minutes'

which for 15 minutes doesn't say check the forum's. And ofcourse there are a lot of people who aren't on the forum's. Tbh it doesn't really affect me as I myself profit quite often from being a forum member, last time it was double chance shard I managed to snag 7 EGDC Before they were al re listed for 400k+, However it should be announced as publicly and to as many
people as possible sheerly in the interest of fair play.

Remiem
12-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Hello folks. Thanks for your patience as we discussed this item behind the scenes. We wanted to make sure that we made the decision that was ultimately best for the game and the community. Here is the latest:

The Enchanted Eye of Syrillax will be updated in the next data push (Thursday 12/18). The gem will follow a similar formula as the Paracelsus Gem in that the first socketed gem will give better stats than any subsequent gems. :)

and so on.

We hope this answers your feedback and suggestions in a way that makes this gem worth the grind to Platinum. It's certainly not easy to get there! And the reward should reflect that.

Remiem

Excuses
12-17-2014, 03:28 PM
The Enchanted Eye of Syrillax will be updated in the next data push (Thursday 12/18). The gem will follow a similar formula as the Paracelsus Gem in that the first socketed gem will give better stats than any subsequent gems. :)

and so on.

Thank you for taking action.
I was hoping to get little stat bonus, however, since this gem is crit themed, crit boost would be fine.
But 1.16 seems to little.
Para gave 2+5 which was 2.5 times (plus bonus dmg).
Maybe at least 2.5 crits would be reasonable Imo(I would like to have 5 tho. Xp)

Is this 1.16 crit will be scaled by lvl?

But thank you so much for listening to community, however I don't think this update would encourage people to reach Plat more. :/

Killfreeak
12-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Hello folks. Thanks for your patience as we discussed this item behind the scenes. We wanted to make sure that we made the decision that was ultimately best for the game and the community. Here is the latest:

The Enchanted Eye of Syrillax will be updated in the next data push (Thursday 12/18). The gem will follow a similar formula as the Paracelsus Gem in that the first socketed gem will give better stats than any subsequent gems.

and so on.

Remiem

It could have been slightly bigger buff, but a buff is anything better than before, so thank you STS

twoxc
12-17-2014, 04:56 PM
was hoping a bit more .97+1.16=2.13 hmm make it 2.5-3.00 please xD.

Chirurgienne
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I expected a bit more too, make crit a bit more. This not enough interesting
Even for low levels 0,47 +1,16 still low (lvl 15 example)

Thrindal
12-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I think the new stats are a reasonable compromise. Stick to your guns STS, final update. I'll socket one, probably not more.

Thanks

twoxc
12-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Need I remind you guys about parcelsus gem. Require 4500 It only takes 45 run by having someone kill paracelsus only cause you get 100 point each. This on the other hand require 5600 and 87 for guardian and it's not as easy to find as paracelsus. Mainly only get 52 from syrillax. It's DOUBLE the energy cost plus more points require. Is this really the best sts can do on the first gem slot? 3.00 or is much more reasonable like paracelsus stone which give like 30-40dmg first gem

grzena1982
12-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Can someone explain me how this works? I missed Halloween event, so not sure how para scaling works. The first socketed gem gives us bonus crit, but is it the first for ur entire toon or is it the first for every item that ur wearing?

If i have 5 lvl 41 items with one eye in each of them do i get that extra bonus x 5?

Energizeric
12-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Crit points mean more than damage points as they are a percentage, not a total.

For example, most level 41s have over 500 damage. That means a +1% increase in your damage would be +5 damage. A 1% increase in your crit is +1%.

So +1% crit is much more than +1 damage.

Yes, this gem is clearly not as powerful as a Para gem, but then again we are also given a recipe here to craft extras, where as the para gems we got one single gem each and that was it. But don't confuse yourself into thinking +2.13% crit is nothing. That is a huge bonus for a single gem.

Firezmz
12-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Need I remind you guys about parcelsus gem. Require 4500 It only takes 45 run by having someone kill paracelsus only cause you get 100 point each. This on the other hand require 5600 and 87 for guardian and it's not as easy to find as paracelsus. Mainly only get 52 from syrillax. It's DOUBLE the energy cost plus more points require. Is this really the best sts can do on the first gem slot? 3.00 or is much more reasonable like paracelsus stone which give like 30-40dmg first gem

:eagerness: +1 As he said

grzena1982
12-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Arent crit points indication of ur chance to crit rather than multiplayer of ur base dmg? Having crit 50% means that for every 10 shots u should statistically crit 5 times, right?

Energizeric
12-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Arent crit points indication of ur chance to crit rather than multiplayer of ur base dmg? Having crit 50% means that for every 10 shots u should statistically crit 5 times, right?

Yes, but how much extra damage those critical hits cause depends on your class and which skill you are using. If I remember correctly, at a minimum a critical hit gives around 40% extra damage, and for some skills like a rogue's aimed shot, it multiplies many times. Sorcerers can hit 150% extra damage on a critical hit with lightning strike. I'm not sure if warriors have any such skill like that, I don't think so.

So for warriors, crit is less important, but for rogues 1% crit may be equal to 2-3% damage boost. A while back I did the calculations for my sorcerer build, and figured out that 1% crit was roughly equal to 1% damage, or roughly 7 damage points at level 41.

Serancha
12-17-2014, 07:39 PM

Yes. The paracelsus stone damage was run through the bonus damage multiplier, resulting in, as Twoxc said, approximately 40 damage at level 41 for the first gem. This increased damage applies to every single hit.

Increasing crit does not make your crits do more damage, it only relates to frequency, and not every crit goes high. 2% means mathematically that you will get 2 more crits per 100 shots.

Zeus
12-17-2014, 08:51 PM
For a gem like this, the first gem shouldn't mean a loss when using it. So, I would suggest perhaps +4/+4/+4 & .97 crit + 1.16% crit for first gem.

This seems reasonable, correct?

Excuses
12-17-2014, 09:12 PM
For a gem like this, the first gem shouldn't mean a loss when using it. So, I would suggest perhaps +4/+4/+4 & .97 crit + 1.16% crit for first gem.

Like this one. XD

Sadly, either way it's not really good for warrior Imo.

Firezmz
12-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Reasonable +1

Thrindal
12-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Hold firm STS...

Sometimes when you play a game you will lose.

Dalmony
12-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks for returning first gem to its original stats, and additional thanks for posting that as and edit as well as on the thread :)

Kakashis
12-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Someone go buy my eye, enchanted eye and my recipie in cs xD

It's like you get part of my sharingan!

Donquixoth
12-18-2014, 01:59 AM
Please just add more stat to EOS Gem like +6/+6/+6 (lvl 41). I just care about it. The other stat is ..... (yah i dont care)

Linkincena
12-18-2014, 02:29 AM
And because we all know Parth would be the first one running around with 80% crit o.O!

LMfao

Idly
12-18-2014, 05:48 AM
The first gem should give a primary stat boost also imo then it would seem more appealing to socket atleast one. As it stands I still prefer an assortment of para and wisdom gems.

First gem- 3/3/3 0.97+1.16% crit +5 primary stat

Additional gems- 3/3/3 0.97% crit

This would limit the amount that you could socket before you'd compromise other attributes but would also ensure everyone needed atleast one in their build. As of now im nearly at gold tier without spending a single gold on energy and will most likely stop there,, even with the current first gem crit buff its simply not worth me running anothet 4k points or buying for 800k in cs.

TankingRogue
12-18-2014, 09:00 AM
i think if the eye will just give 0 stats and +2.1 damage plus cool effect, everyone will be happy. haha.

Firezmz
12-18-2014, 10:27 AM
i think if the eye will just give 0 stats and +2.1 damage plus cool effect, everyone will be happy. haha.

What are you talking about, man????????????????
Didn't we have Para Gem for damage???
Didn't Para gem get particle effect???
NICE Suggestion

Raptorz
12-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Para is a mythic gem

Syrillax gem is legendary

RDX
12-18-2014, 10:54 AM
That will be cool :)

Remiem
12-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Hiya! While we appreciate your continued feedback, this will be the last change we make to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax. While we would love to tweak things until everyone is happy we do have to move forward from this. :) Thanks to all of you who helped us to land on this final update.

Jazzi
12-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Hiya! While we appreciate your continued feedback, this will be the last change we make to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax. While we would love to tweak things until everyone is happy we do have to move forward from this. :) Thanks to all of you who helped us to land on this final update.

Thank you for making it final!

Happy holidays :-)

Kingumar
12-25-2014, 06:29 AM
One question do we need to craft enchanted eye of syrillax or we get one for free when we reach Platinum tier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxorto
12-25-2014, 06:50 AM
One question do we need to craft enchanted eye of syrillax or we get one for free when we reach Platinum tier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you reach platinum tier you'll get an Enchanted eye of syrillax(gem) and the recipe.

Aprove
12-25-2014, 10:23 AM
I have a question..

Does Enchanted Eye gem adds a special particle effect/glowing lights like para gem?

Merry Christmas btw :)

toxorto
12-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I have a question..

Does Enchanted Eye gem adds a special particle effect/glowing lights like para gem?

Merry Christmas btw :)
No it doesn't give any particle effect /glowing light.

And merry Christmas

Cranky
01-03-2015, 10:08 AM

And how about the unhappy nekro users ?
You going to continue to ignore us ?

Angelinacolie
01-06-2015, 09:50 PM
why encht syrllax not give more damage just crit?

Fggod Z
01-11-2015, 11:19 AM
It was so hard to get anyways

ceanizes
01-11-2015, 06:07 PM

Nice one.

Taurusean
01-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Lol

ilmercenario
02-08-2015, 08:17 PM
not bad this eye

saphirae
02-18-2015, 06:13 AM
thank you :)

rotasiz_kaptan
02-21-2015, 09:23 AM
nice gem

Sridoyy
03-18-2015, 12:21 PM

do u know how much it cost us in time and money? us twinks dont have elites to do money we only have merching and events so yes we take most of our time in events bcuz theyre our only oportunity to make much money. If ur unhappy bcuz of this go farm and just stop crying bcuz we take the time to really farm.

And btw my twink cost me 20 M and ur character maxed i supose he cost u 5M max. Thats the diference between us and u
U r cheaper and i need money again to feed pets and buy new stuffs when it exits my only way of making money (90%) is the events

bmooooo
03-19-2015, 02:18 AM
do u know how much it cost us in time and money? us twinks dont have elites to do money we only have merching and events so yes we take most of our time in events bcuz theyre our only oportunity to make much money. If ur unhappy bcuz of this go farm and just stop crying bcuz we take the time to really farm.

And btw my twink cost me 20 M and ur character maxed i supose he cost u 5M max. Thats the diference between us and u
U r cheaper and i need money again to feed pets and buy new stuffs when it exits my only way of making money (90%) is the events
Are u saying end gamers only spend 5m on their toon? The perks of twink is that their gears are cheaper. Lol

zip1
03-24-2015, 06:04 AM
Although they have reduced the critical gem , would have increased the statistics to 6 str, int, dex, stats as a normal gem is better in these respects.

rxxo
03-29-2015, 06:09 AM
cool

rollsshicut
03-29-2015, 11:21 AM
good

Himalaya Trivedi
06-09-2015, 12:33 AM
If anyone wants to buy eye of syrllix I got one... So contect me my "diluanamia"

Aldialdi
06-16-2015, 08:27 AM
The skin of eye not same
Cool[emoji7]

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

Nototti
06-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Now eye gem is almost rare

Sanbor
07-16-2015, 04:38 AM
Para gem is the Best

william5439
07-16-2015, 05:13 AM
Para+eye is the best

Tyshaud Brooks
07-17-2015, 01:34 AM
O ok we'll thanks sts

crudmudgeon
10-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Have you now posted a string of dots in 11 different year old threads???

Bravo!