View Full Version : New Bulwark Quick Review

Ravager
12-12-2014, 11:50 PM
I was lent the new Bulwark to test for a bit. Thanks Ardbeg!

Seems like it has a moderate chance to proc in pve and pvp. It seems to proc more when you are hitting multiple. In pve, it seemed to proc more since many mobs are on the screen simultaneously and it’s hitting more. There is no 100% chance to proc on charge. The speed and range are the same on tap and charge.

The proc comparison
-----------------------------
PVE
------------------
New Bulwark
There is no 100% proc in pve. The only proc is the ice spikes. Many mobs = more chance to proc?

Old Bulwark
100% chance to proc on charged attack. Static armor reduction of 115 or so. Crit reduction to mobs. Armor reduction, since its a static value, may stack with %-based armor reduction such as ones from many of the pets. The curse dmg is about 400-450. The curse dmg may also grab aggro?

Still has the guardian spirit when hit proc as well which helps teammates survive.

Since warriors taunt a lot, you’ll curse damage a lot of mobs. I prefer the Old Bulwark for PVE.

PVP
------------------
New Bulwark
I tested with Raregem. There are about 3-5 ticks. Each tick is about 580-600 and very fast. Its hard to tell but it goes fast. It is locked onto the enemy and not an AOE. The chance to proc isn’t very high. There is no 100% proc on charge. This is the only proc you will get. No proc on damage taken. No armor reduction. The proc seems to be an environmental effect, so no dmg reflected if cursed, no kill, no death for opponent, ignores armor. To me, it just doesn’t process very often. Charged or uncharged.

Old Bulwark
We already know how bad it is.

Its hard to say which is preferred given that one is offensive and one is defensive. Spirit proc may help in a clash but is rare. Ice spikes may help but is rare also. If both were the same price, I’d lean more towards the new bulwark but its not. I still prefer 41 bonesaw in pvp.

H£ll
12-12-2014, 11:57 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?192162-New-Bulwark-review

Serancha
12-13-2014, 12:11 AM
*cries* Ravvy tested with another roguuueeeee.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?192162-New-Bulwark-review

Ravager is known to be a seasoned gear tester with accurate and conclusive results. Even if he wasn't a close friend, I'd be more inclined to take his review as accurate than one without any actual numbers or testing process included.

H£ll
12-13-2014, 01:13 AM
*cries* Ravvy tested with another roguuueeeee.

Ravager is known to be a seasoned gear tester with accurate and conclusive results. Even if he wasn't a close friend, I'd be more inclined to take his review as accurate than one without any actual numbers or testing process included.

Ik he is, actually i just replied to his earlier post. Not happy with new frosted Bulwark proc in PVP.

Ardbeg
12-13-2014, 06:22 AM
From a PVE Perspective: its really fun to play with the new bulwark. It procs frequently when used with a charged attack on a group of mobs. The proc speeds up and smoothes runs with his more offensive attack.

on the nonexistent armor reduction:
it s in the description of the weapon, so it might be worth an extra test/bug report.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/054c766826391a1cc728a7f3988cacf6.jpg

Ardbeg
12-13-2014, 08:21 AM
PVE
------------------
New Bulwark
There is no 100% proc in pve. The only proc is the ice spikes. Many mobs = more chance to proc?

it is possible to have more then one ice spike at once. my guess is, for every mob hit the dice is rolled, thats why attacking groups betters the odds.

Ravager
12-13-2014, 04:55 PM
it is possible to have more then one ice spike at once. my guess is, for every mob hit the dice is rolled, thats why attacking groups betters the odds.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too since I saw more proc in PVE. In TDM, when I was chasing a single person, it would rarely proc.

Ravager
12-13-2014, 06:48 PM
From a PVE Perspective: its really fun to play with the new bulwark. It procs frequently when used with a charged attack on a group of mobs. The proc speeds up and smoothes runs with his more offensive attack.

on the nonexistent armor reduction:
it s in the description of the weapon, so it might be worth an extra test/bug report.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/054c766826391a1cc728a7f3988cacf6.jpg

Yeah. Reason I say this was that Raregem checked her stats while the ice proc was in effect. Her armor was the same. I also partied her in pvp. I did not see an armor reduction icon. In PVE, I didn't see any armor reduction icon flash above mobs either. I know many procs, including curse dmg and environmental-type effects ignore armor. Perhaps that's what they meant but they typed in reduce amor instead?

supersyan
12-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Something is wrong with this weapon

Ravager
12-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Something is wrong with this weapon

Many things are. Its a tanking weapon and we know sts's view on tanking weapons.

famousfame
12-18-2014, 02:06 AM
Thanks rav been waiting for you to get ur hands on bul and test. So I take it that it's avg and ofc needs buff then nerf.

"Winter is Coming" :O

nevercan
12-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Sts shoudnt make any defensif wepons mythc :/ they olways crap
take bulwatk as example

Zorin
12-18-2014, 09:47 AM
The frost does look better :)

They need the fix/increase the hit-box on both versions; whiffing mobs left and right.

Bmwmsix
12-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Btw new Bw looks cooler but that's all for Pve old bulwark rocks tho also Bc of its regular and decent buff for ur pt. Sts shld invested their.energy on creating new mythic gear set or new mythic ring and please not again a bunch of useles pets and not a second Def weapon same lvl.