PDA

View Full Version : Friend Farmers.

DontNerfMeBro
02-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Although I have an idea, I'm wondering why some players auto-friend as soon as you enter an instance. I've done quick replies to these "friend farmers" asking, "Do I know you?" or flatly, "Why did you friend me? I don't know you. what's the purpose?" and no one has ever answered.

Something makes me think it's because of the password bypassing effect of being on someone's friend list although I can't convince myself that purpose would be worth the effort.

I cleaned up my list a while ago and any auto-invites get auto-rejected. Anyone have feedback regarding this practice?

KingGiant
02-14-2011, 01:07 AM
I usually don't accept people who friend right away. Unless I noticed by the end of the dungeon run they actually knew how to play their class well. But most of the time it is just an auto reject.

Not sure if it would just be all about bypassing PW in closed games. I mean I usually only use a PW when solo farming just to be left alone.

Baked-Potato
02-14-2011, 01:12 AM
A lot of people do this because of rmking and what not. I don't understand why its as soon as you enter though since they don't know/see how you play. I usually auto-reject also, unless they play their character well and are going to rmk or be in the group since its easier then looking for the game manually.

DontNerfMeBro
02-14-2011, 01:17 AM
A lot of people do this because of rmking and what not. I don't understand why its as soon as you enter though since they don't know/see how you play. I usually auto-reject also, unless they play their character well and are going to rmk or be in the group since its easier then looking for the game manually.

I can see the function of this, except it also happens when you're simply walking around town as well. I'll keep asking people in game for their reasoning but just to reiterate, no one has ever answered, not even with a simple "rmk?"

KingGiant
02-14-2011, 01:20 AM

Ah yes I can see why for rmk, but yes I agree. Friending before fighting has even started is dumb. Just shows they don't really care how to play their class well. So they friend whoever because they don't even care how well the other person plays. There's more strategy to this game then alot of people give it credit for. Sure you CAN spam skills and pots and make it thru, but players playing well can really do alot more than a spammers and at less cost to themselves.

Otukura
02-14-2011, 01:21 AM

If I remember correctly, you auto-friended me... or maybe it was that Xenlie or something... the person I kept thinking was you was just one letter off. Anyway, you're both good players. :)

Palyna
02-14-2011, 01:30 AM
I also wondered why. Alot of auto friend requests. but I usually didnt accept immediately. Unless I find that they are not bad player or are very friendly. Sometimes I go to my request tab and I dun remember who are all those who send me request. I will just reject all.

Baked-Potato
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
If I remember correctly, you auto-friended me... or maybe it was that Xenlie or something... the person I kept thinking was you was just one letter off. Anyway, you're both good players. :)

I doubt it was me that auto-friended. I usually don't friend players unless I played with them a few runs and find out ehy are good, or unless its after a run and someone is rmking and I'm too lazy to manually search d:

About the in town auto friending, I don't get that either. I think some people just want as many friends as they can try to add to feel "popular". Or they are low levels and see a high level player and just wants to friend them.