PDA

View Full Version : 100% & 101% Hit = Not guaranteed to hit everything

Vvriter
12-13-2014, 05:08 PM
So whilst I was PvPing at the level range of 15-23 something seemed off with my hit % ; 100% Hit does not actually guarantee you to hit everything apparently. While I was rushing on my bear with a Witch Broom to test out the TERROR combo at 15-23, I missed about 2 times out of 14-15 hits with 100% Hit, with no debuffs on me. Either my Hit percentage lies, the misses were glitched for Dodges, or 100 & 101% Hit isn't actually what it says it is. Provide me with your feedback.

DivineMoustache
12-13-2014, 05:16 PM
you must have been playing full str bear for a whole two years if you've never been above 100% hit and experienced a miss lol.

Pretty sure the hit% cap is actually 85-95% though for skills and auto, the extra is for debuffs.

Giazagilur
12-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah that's why a 200% hit exists, and probably still misses [emoji23]
It's like saying oh I have a 200% chance of getting an A on my final but there's a chance I'll miss and fail...like wtf :/

Sheugokin
12-13-2014, 05:22 PM
So whilst I was PvPing at the level range of 15-23 & 51-56 I found a discovery ; 100% Hit does not actually guarantee you to hit everything. While I was rushing on my bear with a Witch Broom to test out the TERROR combo at 15-23, I missed about 2 times out of 14-15 hits with 100% Hit & while I was rushing other people with my Glyph & Royal Sewer set at 51-56, I also missed a few times with 101% Hit with no debuffs on me for both instances. Either my Hit percentage lies, the misses were glitched for Dodges, or 100 & 101% Hit isn't actually what it says it is. Let me know what y'all think, or if this has ever happened to you.

What really happens is that when you have no hit debuffs from the enemies, you will hit 100% of the time (if your hit is 100+). Now if you get debuffed on your hit, then regardless of your hit %, it will miss some shots.

For example, talon has 207% hit with dragon ring. It will hit every shot IF the bird is NOT debuffed. If the bird gets Hellscreamed, the hit goes down to 147 i think. But nonetheless, it is 100+ % still. Logic says that it should hit every shot, but it doesn't. This is a VERY annoying glitch I understand.

KingFu
12-13-2014, 05:41 PM
I miss when people knew basic game mechanics.

Go read Phys' old guides pls.

DivineMoustache
12-13-2014, 08:52 PM
What really happens is that when you have no hit debuffs from the enemies, you will hit 100% of the time (if your hit is 100+). Now if you get debuffed on your hit, then regardless of your hit %, it will miss some shots.

For example, talon has 207% hit with dragon ring. It will hit every shot IF the bird is NOT debuffed. If the bird gets Hellscreamed, the hit goes down to 147 i think. But nonetheless, it is 100+ % still. Logic says that it should hit every shot, but it doesn't. This is a VERY annoying glitch I understand.

pretty sure this is wrong, even if you have 100% hit you will still miss once in a while regardless of debuff or not, because there's a hard cap at 90 ish.

Sheugokin
12-13-2014, 10:19 PM
I don't think I have ever missed unless debuffed though.

Education
12-13-2014, 11:16 PM
*sigh*

This is how it works:
If you have 100 hit and they have 20 dodge, you have an 80 percent chance of hitting them.
The opponents dodge = x
Your hit percent =y
Overall hit percent = z
Formula:
Y-X=Z

I'm here all week if you need me.
~Edumacation

Giazagilur
12-14-2014, 12:41 AM
*sigh*

Hokay [emoji106]

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 01:56 AM

You don't seem to understand my post. I didn't get debuffed in either of these situations, I missed with no debuffs on me.

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Yeah that's why a 200% hit exists, and probably still misses [emoji23]
It's like saying oh I have a 200% chance of getting an A on my final but there's a chance I'll miss and fail...like wtf :/

There's a reason why I posted this.

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:03 AM
you must have been playing full str bear for a whole two years if you've never been above 100% hit and experienced a miss lol.

Pretty sure the hit% cap is actually 85-95% though for skills and auto, the extra is for debuffs.

Full STR Bear? The sarcasm is nice, but unneeded. This actually isn't my first encounter missing with 100%+ hit, it rarely happens to me & when it did recently, I developed questions.

That's odd.

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:11 AM
*sigh*

This is how it works:
If you have 100 hit and they have 20 dodge, you have an 80 percent chance of hitting them.
The opponents dodge = x
Your hit percent =y
Overall hit percent = z
Formula:
Y-X=Z

I'm here all week if you need me.
~Edumacation

However my opponent did not dodge any of my attacks? The game inclined that I missed.

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:12 AM
I don't think I have ever missed unless debuffed though.

Exactly...

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:13 AM
I miss when people knew basic game mechanics.

Go read Phys' old guides pls.

No.

Electrophiles
12-14-2014, 02:20 AM
No.

then quit complaining...this guy literaly gave u the complete answer to ur whole question...
quit being so haughty n just listen to ppl's advice sometimes please...its actually helpful

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Dam! Ikr. Says "I'm one of the best bears."

#FakeOldies

I admit I don't know some of the fundamentals of this game, yet that is the one of the purposes of why I created this Forum Account. Your judgment and derision is highly unneeded, especially considering the fact that you know as much about this topic, as myself. Additionally you don't know me, nor the things I've experienced through my time of playing PL, so don't assume because of 1 post I've put seeking an explanation, that I'm a "noob" , or a "FakeOldie". If you feel that way, fight me 1v1, Bear on Bear, see how you fare against me.

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:30 AM
then quit complaining...this guy literaly gave u the complete answer to ur whole question...
quit being so haughty n just listen to ppl's advice sometimes please...its actually helpful

Complaining? Where? If you'd read the post, you'd have noticed I've already gotten my answer.

KingFu
12-14-2014, 02:32 AM
No.

Fine, allow me to spoon-feed you.

VII. "I have a hit% of 135, why do I miss?"

This question was presented by Ravenous. Here I will try to reason out the reason why we miss or why enemies dodge our attacks, even though we have a hit% of greater than 100. We will also find out what the difference between a MISS and a DODGE is. Let's assume enemies, like us, have a DODGE stat. My hypothesis is that DODGE is a given % and that 1 dodge = -1 hit%.

Equipment used was the full Sunblessed Archer set in the AO3 map, Close Encounters. Sample size will be n = 500, or 500 recorded attempted hits.

Sunblessed Set, no Focus, Hit% 135
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
daaadadaaadaamaaaaaa
amdaaaaamaaaamaaaaaa
aaaaaaaamaaadaadamaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaa

aaadaaaamadddaaaaaaa
aaaaaaamaaaaaaamaaaa
adaaamaaaaaaaaaaamma
aaadadaaaadadaamaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaama

aaaaaaaaddadaaaaadaa
aaaaaaadaaaaadaamaaa
mdamamamaaaaaaaaaamd
dadamdaaaaaaaaaaadaa
daaaaadaadaadaaaaaaa

amaaaaaaaaaaaadaamam
aaaadadaadaaadadaaaa
aaaaaamaaaaadaaaaaaa
aaaaaadaaaaaaamaaaaa
aaaadaaaaaaaaamamdaa

dmamaaaaaadadamdaaam
adaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaadaaaamaaaaaa
daaadadaaaaaaaaaaaaa
adaaadaaaaamaaaadaaa

total attempted hits: 500
'd' (dodge) total: 55
'm' (miss) total: 36
'a' (hit) total: 409 (82%, rounded up)

Probably enemy 'DODGE' calculation in Close Encounters = 135% - 82% = 53.
Therefore, if enemy DODGE is 53 and your hit% is 135, you go down to an 82% chance to hit an enemy.

Here's an attempt to confirm this finding of enemy DODGE.

This time, I will use the Sunblessed set with Focus, which increases my hit% up to 25%. Hit% should be 160 so if there really is a factor of enemy DODGE of 53, then my hit % should be 107%. This means that I should have no misses or dodges, right?

Sunblessed Set, with Focus, Hit% 160
aaaaadmdamaaaaaaadad
aaamaaaaaaaaamaaaada
mamaaaadadaaaaaaaaad
aaaaadaaaaaadaaaaaaa
aaaamaaaaaaaaadamaaa

daadaaaaaaamaamaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaadmadaaaaaa
amaaaaaaaaadaaaamaaa
amaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaa
aaaamaaaaaaadaaaddaa

aaaaaamaaaaaaaaaadaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaa
aadaadaaaaaaaaaaaama
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaamaadaadaada

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadda
aaaaadaadaaaaadaadaa
aaaaaadaaaaddaamdada
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaam
adaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaadadaaaaaada
adadamamaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaadaaaamaamaaaaaaaa
aaadaaaaadaaadaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaamaadaaaa

'd' (dodge) total: 50 (9.1% decrease compared to 55)
'm' (miss) total: 25 (30.5% decrease compared to 36)
'a' (hit) total: 425 (85%, rounded up)

These results are very confusing. My initial hypothesis of Dodge calcuation was incorrect because I failed to hit enemies almost as frequently as before. Enemy rates of DODGEing didn't decrease, and my total successful hit percentage was similar to previous results (82% versus 85%).

Westpsy suggested that it may be possible that there is a Hit% cap, or a point where it doesn't matter how much Hit% you have, you will still miss an enemy; I am inclined to believe this as well. Your true Hit% may be 82-85% in Close Encounters, and won't be able to increase beyond that.

It's interesting to note that I MISSed 30.5% less, which is very close to the 25% increased chance to hit that the archer skill Focus gives. Perhaps Focus causes you to MISS enemies less as opposed to increasing your overall chance to hit them.

So in short, the results with the Sunblessed Set are as follows (n=500):
- With a Hit% of 135, there was an 82% chance of successful hits.
- With a Hit% of 160 (Focus), there was an 85% chance of successful hits.
- There doesn't seem to be a numeric enemy DODGE factor, but a hit% cap of 82-85%.
- Focus may serve to decrease the amount of times you MISS an enemy.

These results closely match the Void set results from my Critical Hits section (n=100):
- With a Hit% of 140, there was an 84% chance of successful hits.
- With a Hit% of 165 (Focus), there was an 85% chance of successful hits.

I will now try my results with the Sentinel of Death set, which has a generally lower hit% than both Void and Sunblessed Sets.

Sentinel, without Focus, Hit% 126
aaaamaaaaadaaaaaaaaa
aaaaadamaaaadaaaamaa
amaaaaaaaadadaaaaada
aaaaaaaaaaaaaddaaada
aaaaaamdaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaadamdmaamaa
aaaadaaaaaaaddaaaaaa
dadaaaddaaadaddamaaa
aaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaa
daaaaaaaaaaaaaamadad

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaada
aaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaad
aaadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

adaamdaaaadaaaaaaaaa
aaaaamaaaaaadaaaadaa
aadaaaaaamaaaadaaaaa
aaaaaadaaddaaaaaaaaa
aaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

daadaaddaaadaaaddaaa
aaaaaaaadadaaaaaaaam
aaaamaadaaaaadaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaadadaaaaaaaaaaaaa

'd' (dodge) total: 54
'm' (miss) total: 18
'a' (hit) total: 428 (85.6%)

Even when Sentinel was used without Focus, it produced a result that was equal or no better than the Void set. This confirms that there does seem to be a Hit% cap when Hit% reaches 100...which pretty much means that the value of Hit% is useless beyond 100!

It's interesting to also note that the Sentinel set had a much lower MISS total compared to the Void and Sunblessed despite a lower Hit%, which I can't explain at all, and I'm tired from recording 1500 sets of values :)

http://i55.tinypic.com/2r3ck77.jpg

So from the data suggested, here's my conclusion:
> Sentinel, Void, and Sunblessed Sets all have very similar hit rates on the field, despite what their numbers suggest.
> There may be a hit% cap that causes players with Hit% > 100 to miss enemies.
> Rates of enemy DODGEing does not seem affected by different weapon set, or Hit%. However, the rate of MISSing enemies between sets is variable.

Vvriter
12-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Fine, allow me to spoon-feed you.

I've read this before, a long time ago. I will test it in game, & form my own analysis. One for the levels of 15-23.

bearuang
12-14-2014, 09:25 AM
can someone try calculate a 3pc switf talon bird buffed
when meet buffed 2x taunt and evade savage bear

Electrophiles
12-14-2014, 10:59 AM

to be honest, thats just a matter of if blind hits or not in most of todays endgame 1v1 fights

iRandom
12-14-2014, 12:57 PM

to be honest, thats just a matter of if blind hits or not in most of todays endgame 1v1 fights
but the burdy still has a small chance if hs and beckon........ and stomp..... and cb.......and basically all of the bears skills miss

DivineMoustache
12-14-2014, 03:46 PM
this post should have ended with someone confirming my statement of a "hit cap of 85-95%"

DivineMoustache
12-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm literally going to time myself right now and see how long it takes me to find Physiologic's thread on Hit% from the search bar.

it works if you type in "hit percent roll"

hit percent/hit %/hit/miss and all that other jazz doesn't work. the search function is utterly broken actually, just like a lot of people's constant advice to use it. The only way that I've ever succeeded using the search bar was for pretty unique titles and/or topic.

edit: I also just now saw your edit, that search would work assuming everyone knows who physiologic is and what his guides are about. Obviously you cannot expect someone making a thread like this to know to search the specific author or title of a guide that explains it in depth.

Vvriter
12-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Have you met Apollo? You'd like Apollo!

Meh.

AppleNoob
12-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Define: Play along <- Okay, thanks.

Edit: Apparently I'm the only "rude and ignorant" person here.

Oh, you were joking? You kept on whining about kings sarcasm so I assumed you were serious all the time.

Vvriter
12-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Oh, you were joking? You kept on whining about kings sarcasm so I assumed you were serious all the time.

Why are you barking?

Arpluvial
12-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Hey guys,

I am going to close this thread as it has gotten non-constructive. Let's keep it friendly and forum appropriate, okay?