PDA

View Full Version : Frost-Touched Mythic Weapon - Need to add more Proc

Armani Boi
12-14-2014, 11:27 AM
STS dev....can you examine the new mythic weapons.

Can you please add more Proc to make it comparable to other mythic weapons on the same level considering this is the latest release. Guys what do you think?. Thanks.

Kakashis
12-14-2014, 02:50 PM
I'll agree to this, but it may make the bow OP as the warrior class may neve even get close to a rogue! At least the proc is useful when it actually does! Personally I will stick with the Elon bow for the heals.

cami
12-14-2014, 06:02 PM
o.o

Iove
12-15-2014, 01:02 AM
Yes.. Need need one up.. It going to very lower price for one new mythic.. All using Elon.. Check in AC .. Player dont buying it.. Prefer others. You are very correct.

Caabatric
12-15-2014, 01:31 AM
With the new mythic gun no mage is going to lose the armor proc 100% for a proc that does almost the same thing as the main proc

Iove
12-15-2014, 01:46 AM
yes, I'm hoping that change something, please, who read the topic, ideas, so you can possibly be an improvement on that.
Thank you very much :).

Armani Boi
01-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Sts sts sts where are you? Mythic frost item......Proc is very rare. Please assess and fix it.

hozukreti
01-03-2015, 11:00 PM
+Agreed, need better proc chance on this Mythic Frost weapon.

jiph
01-04-2015, 12:57 AM
The new mythics weapons are fine like they are they proc regularly I tested it just keep pushing buttons

Caabatric
01-04-2015, 01:32 AM
The new mythics weapons are fine like they are they proc regularly I tested it just keep pushing buttons
Do you by any chance own an elo weapon and frost wepon of the same class and figure out the proc rate with over 200 tests. Trust me they are way different.

Dex Scene
01-04-2015, 06:05 AM
pvp:
me: wait enemies, lemme keep pressing auto attack.
After some mins,
Ok here's the proc!! Ready go... pew pew!!

nevercan
01-04-2015, 07:57 AM
pvp:
me: wait enemies, lemme keep pressing auto attack.
After some mins,
Ok here's the proc!! Ready go... pew pew!!lol whats your point now actually? I dont get it :(

Dex Scene
01-04-2015, 07:59 AM
lol whats your point now actually? I dont get it :(
Point is proc doesn't happen much to be useful in pvp!

jiph
01-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Procs are fine like they are there's no need to buff nothing and if they get buff all arcane weapons should get a buff too

nevercan
01-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Point is proc doesn't happen much to be useful in pvp!
Ahh that you ment, wel then u dont use them but you use elo mythcs :D only solution

nevercan
01-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Procs are fine like they are there's no need to buff nothing and if they get buff all arcane weapons should get a buff too
And you... shut up you dont know anything about this game you are enoying me and nothing more then that

jiph
01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
And you... shut up you dont know anything about this game you are enoying me and nothing more then that

Have a good day

nevercan
01-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Have a good day
Thnx

Yumisa
01-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Check my thread about frost bow ^^ http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?198372-NEW-Mythic-Frost-Bow-Constructive-Feedback I know it is defenitely not the only weapon that needs to be re worked...

+1 to this thread :)

kweaver74
01-05-2015, 02:25 PM
How do i get mythic weapon

hozukreti
01-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Mod please respond to this request, please.

Yumisa
01-06-2015, 03:54 PM
I haven't seen anyone suggest this but STS can easily nerf a proc onlly for pvp but not for pve if they want it not to be too op in pvp OR They can nerf a proc for pve but not for pvp if the proc is too op in pve.

Samael's banish does not apply to pvp. It cannot be too hard to do it again if necessary :p

Firezmz
01-06-2015, 05:14 PM
The Winter Event was over. Hope STS have time to take a look at ALL frost Weapons.
Thank you

Remiem
01-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Hey guys. So, the gist is that the proc just needs to happen more often, right? Want to make sure I have that correct before going back to the devs with it.

Kakashis
01-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Hey guys. So, the gist is that the proc just needs to happen more often, right? Want to make sure I have that correct before going back to the devs with it.

Pretty much. The rate is far lower than elon bow

Firezmz
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM

Yes REMI, I can say it BARELY proc on my frost gun. And It does not freeze Boss like elon gun rooted Boss.

Candylicks
01-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Just started toying with the frost bow, the proc is much more rare than the elon bow. What's the word on that StS? The design is nice, could use a little buff on the proc.

cyrusrevange
01-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Yes, definitely it needs more proc, I looted Frost gun and Frost bullwark,the frost gun for my sorcerer it dose not even proc on most of the mobs and I was thinking to sell it when I compared it to elon gun. Elon gun has better proc. And for warrior takes long time to do some proc but still warrior better than sorcerer. I think it needs major adjustments. I was thinking the winter event mythic weapons are more like a legendary weapon, which should be better than old mythics.

Kingofninjas
01-07-2015, 01:44 PM
I feel we should have to make a choice between stats and procs between new and old mythic weapons. How about increasing the stats of the new weapons enough to make us reconsider using elond weapons.

My suggestions:
Frost bow: 15 str added and 1.5% crit
Gun: 70 armor and 3% crit.
Bulwark: adjust dps so that tanks using it get a damage increase of about 15-20.
Note: procs and proc rate are not to be adjust.

This would provide us with ideally a 3rd set of mythic weapons significantly different from the original elond ones.

Armani Boi
01-08-2015, 11:03 AM
jiph.....im 100% you never own either elon bow or frost bow. Currently i have frost bow with 3x gem but I'm looking for someone to trade again to elon bow (proc rate is high).

This fellow just wanted to annoy us. just ignore him better.

Armani Boi
01-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Same....lobbying to trade my frost bow to elon bow.

Just started toying with the frost bow, the proc is much more rare than the elon bow. What's the word on that StS? The design is nice, could use a little buff on the proc.

Armani Boi
01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Yes you are right. Since it's a third mythic set if I'm not mistaken, make the proc rate higher than the elon bow or at least the same rate. For frost bow, can Icy Whirlwind moves like Tornado....moving to other space/area and a stagnant in one area.

Remiem
01-08-2015, 11:13 AM
We'll be looking at the proc next week and considering buffing it for next week's update. Keep an eye out for my stickied weekly update in General Discussion for more on that at the beginning of next week. :)

nevercan
01-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Yes you are right. Since it's a third mythic set if I'm not mistaken, make the proc rate higher than the elon bow or at least the same rate. For frost bow, can Icy Whirlwind moves like Tornado....moving to other space/area and a stagnant in one area.

Proc rate shoudnt get more higher then the elo bow :)

Firezmz
01-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Proc rate shoudnt get more higher then the elo bow :)

STS said Frost Weapons slightly better than the old elon Weapons. Proc rate higher is a BONUS. I dont mind if the PROC is SAME rate :).

Marry
01-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Same....lobbying to trade my frost bow to elon bow.
Is your frost bow perfect? :3

Carapace
01-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,

I'm taking a peak under the hood on these and here's what I've found.

Frost Touched Bulwark:
The proc rate for this weapon is actually pretty high. The default attack has a higher proc rate then the Elondrian Bulwark, and in my opinion doesn't need to be changed from what I can see and how it feels when playing with it.

Frost Touched Bow:
The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Frost Touched Rifle
The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Interested in thoughts and feedback, thanks guys!

Bellaelda
01-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:
The proc rate for this weapon is actually pretty high. The default attack has a higher proc rate then the Elondrian Bulwark, and in my opinion doesn't need to be changed from what I can see and how it feels when playing with it.

Frost Touched Bow:
The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Frost Touched Rifle
The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Hey thanks first for looking into this...

I have both frost gun and Elon gun and don't use my frost gun at all... Reasons...

For me personally the loss of the shield proc on the Elon gun is way too big. The frost gun just gets me killed everytime I try bringing it out.
I think that adding a stronger freeze option may fix this so ty for looking into it... Perhaps if it protects an ice patch or ice wall/shield or something to slow down mobs in pve... I'm not sure, but it does really need something.

Either way... Looking forward to be able to take my dusty frost gun outta inventory and back onto the battle field!

Thanks

Firezmz
01-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:

Frost Touched Bow:

Frost Touched Rifle

I really like this kind of idea. I hope STS can apply this to the frost gun. Thank you

Kingofninjas
01-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:

Frost Touched Bow:

Frost Touched Rifle

3 seems a bit low IMO. How about 4 (25,50,75,100)? For frost gun.

Also for frost bow and other weapons, I would still love the idea of making them significantly superior in terms of stats but significantly lacking in terms of proc.

Armani Boi
01-09-2015, 01:59 AM

Better have the proc Icy Whirlwind moves like Tornado moves in every four corners instead of just being stagnant

Cranky
01-09-2015, 02:59 AM
We'll be looking at the proc next week and considering buffing it for next week's update. Keep an eye out for my stickied weekly update in General Discussion for more on that at the beginning of next week. :)

Great how about fixing breeze first like u guys said and fixing other bugs
Rather than rushing and fixing a "proc"on some of these weapons?lol

Madnex
01-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Frost Touched Bow:

The main complaint with pushing proc is not helpful in any occassion as everywhere in PvE we're trying to get the mobs packed for control and maximum efficiency from AoE skills (in PvP it's unnoticeable anyway but so is the Elondrian counterpart's one). Consider swapping the pushing with a pulling effect and/or an icy explosion when the proc ends that freezes surrounding targets in a small range.

Frost Touched Rifle
This is actually a great idea! Enabling the frozen proc to be able to freeze any boss on a few stacked hits would give this weapon a much higher value in PvE. Three hits for the freeze to kick in are few; five hits are reasonable as is - if it has to go down, minimum four. The random AoE seems needless with Frost Bolt skill around already.

Caabatric
01-09-2015, 09:03 PM
considering that the effects are gone after 4 seconds 3 shots would give close to a 1.5 second freeze so i think 3 should be fine @king

xclyklcx
01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
That 33%,66%,100% freeze would be awesome but could u add some armor for the frost gun pls? Its not really good in comparison with the elon gun.
(At the moment)

Burstnuke
01-09-2015, 09:18 PM
That 33%,66%,100% freeze would be awesome but could u add some armor for the frost gun pls? Its not really good in comparison with the elon gun.
(At the moment)

I think it would be good as it is with cara's adjustments, armor should be unique to elon gun.

NorthernEcho
01-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Lol frost rifle proc doesn't even work. Garbage, thanks STS.

xclyklcx
01-09-2015, 10:10 PM
I think it would be good as it is with cara's adjustments, armor should be unique to elon gun.
I mean like a little armor boost as stats not as proc

hozukreti
01-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bow:

Frost Touched Rifle

Frost Touched Bow:
Yes, Bow need proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Frost Touched Rifle
- Elondrian Gun got Root and Armor Boost, useful for pvp and pve. So Frost Touched Gun, should slow and freeze the target and the nearest (up to 5 mob maybe). Slow 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 4th ( last one), applied to bosses too.
- Directly add armor to our stats (+50 armor maybe)
- Increased the proc rate.

Burstnuke
01-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Lol frost rifle proc doesn't even work. Garbage, thanks STS.

Yes it does lol, and if the slow movement speed was this fast, it would do good work. It shouldnt get the procs of elon gun. Besides, most of the people here asking for a buff on frost gun is trying to sell one after Buff for more cash, is that not true?

ayanx
01-10-2015, 09:04 AM
frost bulwark proc is still not enough..it may proc high but whats it proc is only reduce armor and damage enemy for about 2 to 3 seconds but elon proc is heal,curse,armor and 20 primary status and heals allies too..think frost proc is still not good compared to elon

Yumisa
01-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Hi Carapace :) Im glad you're taking a look at them, about the frost bow proc: The proc lasts 3-4 seconds and seems to damage the mobs every second but the problem is that the proc pushes the mobs out of the ice pool as soon as it is created and therefore the mobs only receive 1/4 of the damage per second from the proc.This i think is the main reason why damage is insignificant., the onlly change i could think of is to change the TOTAL damage per second into a BURST doing the same damage as the proc is intended to do in 4 seconds...

Of course I am open to other suggestions to change the proc but currently the damage proc is a bit weird and not significant in pve(Elite mobs have alot more health and ?armor? then warriors , sorcerers and rogues in pvp which is why you could balance the damage for pvp only and/or for pve only)

example: Increase the damage of the proc for pve to make it useful/significant But then it might be very op in pvp so you might want to not increase the damage that much ONLY for pvp??? keeping it balanced you know...)

ALSO: You have to keep in mind that the elon bow can heal ALL team mates AND damage nearby mobs...(I do not know how much it heals or damages but you know right? :p)

Kaziscate
01-10-2015, 11:50 AM
I've been having this problem where I cant run around and hit enemies like the other guns (unless I charge up the gun) so i guess fix that issue with the frost gun.

Kujimasun
01-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Great how about fixing breeze first like u guys said and fixing other bugs
Rather than rushing and fixing a "proc"on some of these weapons?lol

You're in the wrong thread, changes are coming.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?203008-Breeze-and-Undead-Vials&highlight=nekro

Sir Lubo Penev
01-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Frost Touched Bow:

One thing. Proc is actually a problem vs some bosses as it pushes/moves them along with their red zones. And this causes unnecessary deaths. Thanks.

Kriticality
01-11-2015, 02:16 AM
It's prob not the best bow for pve but if proc was as common as elon bow proc, it's actually VERY useful in PVP imo. I've only had it happen to me a few times obv but pushing a tank out of the way to snipe rogue or mage behind in PVP is awesome. Up the proc rate. I wouldn't care if there was no damage in PVP from the proc, the pushing imo is the best part for pvp purposes.

Kakashis
01-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Having used the bow extensively, the proc rate increase would be great only if it doesn't push! As an Elite runner, I had to sell it as I'm not a fan of pushing as it ruins the aggro a tank builds. I would much rather see a freeze/stun/slow, or damage or a pull. Anything but flinging people away. If the push proc must stay I rather it be controllable by completely removing it as a passive and only have it activate on charged attacks.

The random flinging is why we don't use vixen on elite mobs! Right now it's like Russian Roulette!

One thing is for sure, this is the prettiest bow to date! Thank you STS for making it so long and pretty! I just bought one back hoping that the buff will be good for elites again.

Evangelioni
01-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Here is my opinion about new mythic frost bow weapon:) as a rogue char

I imagine new mythic bow proc something like a cold cyrcle like elon bow
near the boss or mobs that it hits, that freeze commits drop from sky damaging mobs or boss and with chance to freeze for some seconds or armor reduction or something from aoe skills.

and boost char with extra damag or crit or both.

The way that frost bow designed now it is not helping us nowhere
Is only a very good looking bow

and i am thinking new cap will come why you dont design THE NEW Mythic WEAPONS for the new mobs,maps,bosses comming?????

Making a new staff that not work well, not helping us for better gaming than the old ones is worthless to exist..

this is only my opinion ..:)
thanks for read.:)

dancoop1969
01-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Don't like the frost bow pushing enemies, would be better if the whirlwind pulled enemies in for length of proc

Kakashis
01-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Agree with above two, the pushing is so dangerous, it's scary to think what would happen if it gets buffed more! People would rage and not want to run with mythic Frost bow users for fear they get scammed into red zones and anks wasted!

justhell
01-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:

Frost Touched Bow:

Frost Touched Rifle

I used both elond and frost gun and feel elond gun much much better than frost gun. Sometime I need to turn my back to shoot mob behind me. With better DPS and INT frost gun should have better performance.

Lack of proc,when using elond gun i got proc root (reduce def 25% and 100% dodge of enemy) and add armor which is can stack 5 times. Then I switch to frost gun I just got proc slow down enemy till eventually freeze,isn't mage already have skill to do that? Compare with elond gun proc this gun seem like out date weapon,even lost soul scythe have much better proc than frost gun.

Last is while elond gun proc root have effect on boss,frost gun proc didn't do. Make thing more worse for this gun.

So far for me this gun look like mythic rarity but with legendary proc and performance. Add some other proc like razor shield with ice/frost effect and change slow down proc with chance to proc ice path maybe..hahaha.. just my wish. I really wish u guys doin some thing with this gun.

Thx and sorry for my bad english.

justhell
01-12-2015, 07:36 AM

Do you by any chance own an elo weapon and frost wepon of the same class and figure out the proc rate with over 200 tests. Trust me they are way different.

Much much much diferent...

justhell
01-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Remi not just proc happen but lack of proc

Jirikjurasek
01-12-2015, 08:35 AM
The main complaint with pushing proc is not helpful in any occassion as everywhere in PvE we're trying to get the mobs packed for control and maximum efficiency from AoE skills (in PvP it's unnoticeable anyway but so is the Elondrian counterpart's one). Consider swapping the pushing with a pulling effect and/or an icy explosion when the proc ends that freezes surrounding targets in a small range.

This is actually a great idea! Enabling the frozen proc to be able to freeze any boss on a few stacked hits would give this weapon a much higher value in PvE. Three hits for the freeze to kick in are few; five hits are reasonable as is - if it has to go down, minimum four. The random AoE seems needless with Frost Bolt skill around already.

Five hits and freeze boss? That means freeze every less than 5s? Bosses will have only normal attack then, because they will not be able to cast red zones. Its really bad idea

Madnex
01-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Five hits and freeze boss? That means freeze every less than 5s? Bosses will have only normal attack then, because they will not be able to cast red zones. Its really bad idea
Momentary freeze, not four seconds. Mostly to disrupt red zone windups. And there could be some sort of immunity although I don't see to what aspect it'd differ from alternating Kelvin, result-wise.

william5439
01-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Frost bulwark need to buff too, old weapon elon bulwark are way better much than frost. Normal cast got poison 100%. What did frost bulwark got?nothing. Elon got heal, curse, armor, stat buff. Atleast make frost bulwark about the same quality as elon. Don't just simply design a cool look and put low stat. We spend lot of money to open something useless than old

Carapace
01-12-2015, 03:58 PM
I think the frost bow and frost gun changes are probably going to be along the lines of what we're discussing here. I'll remove the push ability for the Ice Whirlwind spawned off of Frost Touched Bow, increase its damage a bit and allow up to two of the wells to be concurrently up at the same time. The proc rate will also come up.

The Frost Touched Rifle will likely see a reduction in the number of consecutive strikes to do a freeze in PvE, however it should be noted that every weapon is not supposed to be a +1 version of a similar weapon. Interesting weapons provide choices, and while the armor benefit of the Elondrian Rifle is nice, applying it to every gun that comes out in the future in increasing amounts is not beneficial to the variety in the game. Ideally the proc and usage of the rifles should make them interesting and relevant in their own ways. Currently the Frost Rifle is not performing up the the task and the coming changes will hopefully address that.

In regards to the Frost Touched Bulwark, it was intentionally designed to be more of an offensive tanking weapon than the Elondrian Bulwark. It may need a few more bumps in the offensive abilities department to stand out as such, but it is certainly not an apples to apples comparison to the Elondrian Bulwark which is a more defensive/support item. The design for this one actually came from instances where when we made a sword and board mythic item in the past there is a portion of the community that would like to see the tank weapon be a bit more useful in combat, and this item was made with that in mind. Different procs and abilities means different choices, so if you're looking for a full on tank item Elondrian Bulwark may be the item you're after in this case.

Kakashis
01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
I think the frost bow and frost gun changes are probably going to be along the lines of what we're discussing here. I'll remove the push ability for the Ice Whirlwind spawned off of Frost Touched Bow, increase its damage a bit and allow up to two of the wells to be concurrently up at the same time. The proc rate will also come up.

The Frost Touched Rifle will likely see a reduction in the number of consecutive strikes to do a freeze in PvE, however it should be noted that every weapon is not supposed to be a +1 version of a similar weapon. Interesting weapons provide choices, and while the armor benefit of the Elondrian Rifle is nice, applying it to every gun that comes out in the future in increasing amounts is not beneficial to the variety in the game. Ideally the proc and usage of the rifles should make them interesting and relevant in their own ways. Currently the Frost Rifle is not performing up the the task and the coming changes will hopefully address that.

In regards to the Frost Touched Bulwark, it was intentionally designed to be more of an offensive tanking weapon than the Elondrian Bulwark. It may need a few more bumps in the offensive abilities department to stand out as such, but it is certainly not an apples to apples comparison to the Elondrian Bulwark which is a more defensive/support item. The design for this one actually came from instances where when we made a sword and board mythic item in the past there is a portion of the community that would like to see the tank weapon be a bit more useful in combat, and this item was made with that in mind. Different procs and abilities means different choices, so if you're looking for a full on tank item Elondrian Bulwark may be the item you're after in this case.

Thank you Carapace! Removing the bow's push will make the bow less annoying on elite mobs! Increased proc rate will bring this weapon in line with the elondrain proc, and the increased damage is a nice trade off for super healing :)

By the way, this is the prettiest bow in the game to date!! Love the color and the size!!

justhell
01-12-2015, 04:35 PM

Thx...no need to be same proc like the other mythic weapon...but at least give same amount of proc and perfomance. Can't wait for next news from u guys :D

srazman
01-13-2015, 03:16 AM
Why not make it more interesting by making the frost bow shot 3 arrow on charged...
single shot auto: 1 arrow xx dmg
single shot charged : 3 arrow xx dmg per arrow (no multiply)

eiix1814
01-13-2015, 03:49 AM
frost bow is not wind bow lol.. so u better add freeze/icy/slow process. make sense.

nevercan
01-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Thank you Carapace! Removing the bow's push will make the bow less annoying on elite mobs! Increased proc rate will bring this weapon in line with the elondrain proc, and the increased damage is a nice trade off for super healing :)

By the way, this is the prettiest bow in the game to date!! Love the color and the size!!
I like the looks of the 31 mythc bow more frost bow is second :D

ueveotadeo
01-13-2015, 10:47 AM
So, we shouldnt expect any changes on Frost-Bulwark?

Kakashis
01-13-2015, 11:32 AM
I like the looks of the 31 mythc bow more frost bow is second :D

I guess we can both agree elondrian bow is the least aesthetic!

Carapace
01-13-2015, 11:35 AM
I plan to make some smaller adjustments to the Bulwark. I'm thinking a minor bump in proc rate and an additional self armoring component on proc that provides some more survivability.

justhell
01-13-2015, 11:47 AM
I plan to make some smaller adjustments to the Bulwark. I'm thinking a minor bump in proc rate and an additional self armoring component on proc that provides some more survivability.
Love this idea... But Cara isn't u said frost touch bulwark is more attacking type tank weapon than elond bulwark?

ueveotadeo
01-13-2015, 11:58 AM

Ty!

william5439
01-13-2015, 12:02 PM
The reduce armor of frost bulwark is nothing lol.... Only got ice strike pls make it more offensive

ueveotadeo
01-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Yeah, better increase the amount of armor reduced than giving us some more armor, that would be perfect!

Carapace
01-13-2015, 12:13 PM
That sounds reasonable

Yumisa
01-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks alot for your reasonable choices :) Just one quick question i do not understand this phrase ''and allow up to two of the wells to be concurrently up at the same time.'' What are the ''wells'' ??? O.o

Carapace
01-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks alot for your reasonable choices :) Just one quick question i do not understand this phrase ''and allow up to two of the wells to be concurrently up at the same time.'' What are the ''wells'' ??? O.o

So I'm referring to the whirlpool that can spawn from the Frost Touched Bow, currently only one is allowed to be up at a time, but now you can have up to two at a time. This combined with the increased proc rate should see a notable improvement in usefulness among the other changes.

The Bulwark will receive a small boost in proc chance on charged attacks, as well as a chance to debuff armor of enemies (This is a separate proc and not tied to the Glacial Spikes). When Glacial Spikes do go off, the Warrior will also receive a boost of 175 armor points for 10 seconds.

The changes are currently in the pipe for review/testing/etc so hopefully in the near future we will see these go live for you all to play with. Thanks all!

Sfubi
01-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bow:

The elondrian bow does not proc when a skill is used or when a charged skill is used. The only time I use back to back skills is when fighting a boss and that is when I need the healing pools the most. Elondrian bow proc is basically useless unless it does so when using skills.

justhell
01-13-2015, 05:07 PM
So I'm referring to the whirlpool that can spawn from the Frost Touched Bow, currently only one is allowed to be up at a time, but now you can have up to two at a time. This combined with the increased proc rate should see a notable improvement in usefulness among the other changes.

The Bulwark will receive a small boost in proc chance on charged attacks, as well as a chance to debuff armor of enemies (This is a separate proc and not tied to the Glacial Spikes). When Glacial Spikes do go off, the Warrior will also receive a boost of 175 armor points for 10 seconds.

The changes are currently in the pipe for review/testing/etc so hopefully in the near future we will see these go live for you all to play with. Thanks all!

What about frost gun Cara? Any light u can share? :D

Carapace
01-13-2015, 07:04 PM
What about frost gun Cara? Any light u can share? :D

"The Frost Touched Rifle will likely see a reduction in the number of consecutive strikes to do a freeze in PvE, however it should be noted that every weapon is not supposed to be a +1 version of a similar weapon. Interesting weapons provide choices, and while the armor benefit of the Elondrian Rifle is nice, applying it to every gun that comes out in the future in increasing amounts is not beneficial to the variety in the game. Ideally the proc and usage of the rifles should make them interesting and relevant in their own ways. Currently the Frost Rifle is not performing up the the task and the coming changes will hopefully address that."

The end result was:

Frost touched Rifle now provides 13 mana/sec, and has 3 tiers to its freeze, down from 5. 33%, 66%, and freezing on the 3rd application. The 3rd and final application to freeze has an 80% chance to be applied, so it's not guaranteed but very frequent. It also now has a 10% chance to apply an AOE of its slow/freeze application on attack, increasing the number of slowed/frozen targets potentially. This helps it feel more useful while playing with it since the AOE goes off and slows a handful of enemies every now and then, very handy!

Zeus
01-13-2015, 07:18 PM
"The Frost Touched Rifle will likely see a reduction in the number of consecutive strikes to do a freeze in PvE, however it should be noted that every weapon is not supposed to be a +1 version of a similar weapon. Interesting weapons provide choices, and while the armor benefit of the Elondrian Rifle is nice, applying it to every gun that comes out in the future in increasing amounts is not beneficial to the variety in the game. Ideally the proc and usage of the rifles should make them interesting and relevant in their own ways. Currently the Frost Rifle is not performing up the the task and the coming changes will hopefully address that."

The end result was:

Frost touched Rifle now provides 13 mana/sec, and has 3 tiers to its freeze, down from 5. 33%, 66%, and freezing on the 3rd application. The 3rd and final application to freeze has an 80% chance to be applied, so it's not guaranteed but very frequent. It also now has a 10% chance to apply an AOE of its slow/freeze application on attack, increasing the number of slowed/frozen targets potentially. This helps it feel more useful while playing with it since the AOE goes off and slows a handful of enemies every now and then, very handy!

Will this apply in PvP as well?

NorthernEcho
01-14-2015, 01:10 AM
Yes it does lol, and if the slow movement speed was this fast, it would do good work. It shouldnt get the procs of elon gun. Besides, most of the people here asking for a buff on frost gun is trying to sell one after Buff for more cash, is that not true?

People will always cash in in buffs. But regardless it does need to be in the same level as the other weapons. It clearly was over looked. If I'm not mistaken it is in fact same level mythic weapon as Elon and honestly other then some affects it should be on par.

Why is it supposed to be the shotty cousin?

hozukreti
01-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Dear DEV,
Please test it first on test server or real server for this new adjustment before goes live. Its better with no bug and final adjustment on this weapon. Make a video and show us what your result on those new Frost mythic. Thank you very much for your hard worked STS!

justhell
01-14-2015, 01:59 AM
Dear DEV,
Please test it first on test server or real server for this new adjustment before goes live. Its better with no bug and final adjustment on this weapon. Make a video and show us what your result on those new Frost mythic. Thank you very much for your hard worked STS!
Totaly agree...make npc in real server for test new things u guys want to released,ofc bfore u guys applied for real in game,maybe after 1 day that item will disappear from our inventory. So u guys can got feedback what plus and minus of the new items,since not all players can play in test server,it would make u guys got feedback from almost all of players. :D

justhell
01-14-2015, 02:16 AM
Why not make it more interesting by making the frost bow shot 3 arrow on charged...
single shot auto: 1 arrow xx dmg
single shot charged : 3 arrow xx dmg per arrow (no multiply)
I wonder how pvp mage's reaction about this... [emoji24]

justhell
01-14-2015, 02:23 AM
There's 2 way... 1st farm hard like there's no tomorow and 2nd sitting in town/GH pooping crates :D

hozukreti
01-14-2015, 02:25 AM
Totaly agree...make npc in real server for test new things u guys want to released,ofc bfore u guys applied for real in game,maybe after 1 day that item will disappear from our inventory. So u guys can got feedback what plus and minus of the new items,since not all players can play in test server,it would make u guys got feedback from almost all of players. :D

I mean sts need to make a final adjustment, no more buff and nerf after this. So for this, DEV team need to test it and see how this new adjustment effected on real server before they released it. We got much bug to fixed atm, so appreciate to see the final result on this Frost mythic issue and they can move on to the others. Again, thanks STS, you guys very creative!

justhell
01-14-2015, 02:29 AM
I mean sts need to make a final adjustment, no more buff and nerf after this. So for this, DEV team need to test it and see how this new adjustment effected on real server before they released it. We got much bug to fixed atm, so appreciate to see the final result on this Frost mythic issue and they can move on to the others. Again, thanks STS, you guys very creative!
Owh sorry...my bad ... -.- ... but still for me npc for test new things will be nice and prevent thing like this happen in next future [emoji16]

Armani Boi
01-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Better apply in PvP as well since Elon Gun in roots and shield is very useful in PvP.

I hope Devs should consider it.

will0
01-14-2015, 06:04 AM
gun should freeze in pvp like elon gun root

nevercan
01-14-2015, 11:30 AM
There's 2 way... 1st farm hard like there's no tomorow and 2nd sitting in town/GH pooping crates :D
You can pop crates in pve maps to

ueveotadeo
01-14-2015, 11:49 AM
One final question, when can we expect to see the changes? This week? Next week?

justhell
01-14-2015, 12:38 PM
You can pop crates in pve maps to
O.o

vawaid
01-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Proc that warrior need for new bulwark : add stun effect (ar least chance to stun) for pve. For pvp, it's too OP.

SamR
01-14-2015, 12:49 PM

Follow this link and u can buy Mythic weapon within 2 and 1/2 months.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?171974-A-Letter-for-Non-Plat-Players

Have a nice day/noon/night. :)

nevercan
01-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I guess we can both agree elondrian bow is the least aesthetic!idk what easthetic means so i cant judge for now :c

Carapace
01-14-2015, 03:51 PM

Yes, but the freeze duration is shorter in PvP

Ravager
01-14-2015, 04:27 PM
That sounds reasonable

What about the issue where opponents simply dodge or walk out of the ice proc in PVP? The ice does not grant kills as well but that's a side issue.

justhell
01-15-2015, 04:03 AM
It also now has a 10% chance to apply an AOE of its slow/freeze application on attack, increasing the number of slowed/frozen targets potentially.

Are doin normal and charge attack have different on percentage for AOE chance? How about chance for ice path on charge attack?

notfaded1
01-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Bow needs:

pull instead of push
proc rate increased
there needs to be more tornadoes than just one maybe four with more effect (this will put it a little more in line with elon)

Honestly a few of us have had the bow for a couple weeks and in a full night of running I can remember seeing the tornado maybe twice a night... maybe I miss it once in while (making it more visible would help pve... but I suppose make hiding it worse in pvp) The perils of how pve is always affected by the need to balance pvp :^{

...thanks for the care carapace :^}

p.s. I know a certain guild member is going to love the nekro care!

Sir Lubo Penev
01-15-2015, 04:18 PM
I sincerely hope this new pull proc won't move bosses around randomly along with their red zones, i.e. planar boss 2 curse circle. Thank you.

famousfame
01-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Thank u so much cara for ur input which is well overdue but greatly appreciated. I think a buff for frost bul is essential at moment this item is very much 2nd best to elo bul in all Dept's both offensively and defensively, procs that frost bul needs is greater frequency ice damage crystals & armour gain/reduction buff and icing on cake would be health/mana procs this could be done via crystal drops or ice storm that boosts HP/mana 20 per tic. Plz cara let me know what u think :)

"Winter is Coming" :O

vawaid
01-15-2015, 09:19 PM
Still no stun chance on ice spike in pve :-P

im poor boy
01-16-2015, 12:55 AM
Hi!

kweaver74
01-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Yep

Wvait
01-17-2015, 04:31 PM
+1 :)

kweaver74
01-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Lmao farm were should i farm

famousfame
01-23-2015, 05:07 AM
So is procs happening or has it already been done?
Would appreciate any devs reply.

"Winter is Coming" :O