PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends isnt in the market

Elgar
02-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi, I can't see Pocket Legends in Android Market on my phone, it pretends like it doesnt exist. I know its available, I've seen it online, market.android.com. I don't know of any other apps that don't show up on my phone so why is this happening?

EvolutionCSR
02-14-2011, 10:29 AM
It may help if we knew which device you were using :) Maybe others with that device can chime in.

Elgar
02-14-2011, 10:52 AM
It may help if we knewwhich device you were using :) Maybe others with that device can chime in.
Sure, I've got a rather old phone, its a Droid Eris running Android 2.1, I hate that but like I said before I don't notice other apps missing.

Zeus
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Sure, I've got a rather old phone, its a Droid Eris running Android 2.1, I hate that but like I said before I don't notice other apps missing.

The droid eris. Regardless if the app showed in the market simply does not have the gpu required to run pocket legends smoothly at all. You would be expecting a fps of around 10-15 fps. So I don't think it meets the hardware requirements which may be the problem. The processor of it is also only 512 Mhz. So its not like the gpu can backload some of the stress to the processor. Which is how some of the snapdragon phones get away with running pocket legends. So... I'm pretty sure it is not the market itself but the phone is hardware deficient. :(

Elgar
02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
The droid eris. Regardless if the app showed in the market simply does not have the gpu required to run pocket legends smoothly at all. You would be expecting a fps of around 10-15 fps. So I don't think it meets the hardware requirements which may be the problem. The processor of it is also only 512 Mhz. So its not like the gpu can backload some of the stress to the processor. Which is how some of the snapdragon phones get away with running pocket legends. So... I'm pretty sure it is not the market itself but the phone is hardware deficient. :(

I understand that, I'm not expecting to run too smoothly. I don't think thats a reason for the app to be "invisible" though.

Thade
02-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Google determines if an app shows up in the market based on the specs of the app and your device. If you don't see an app the market doesn't believe you can run it. Feel free to attempt the direct download link on www.pocketlegends.com.

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 02:35 PM
If the market download doesn't work try the APK found by clicking HERE. (http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/PocketLegends.apk)
After you download it go to settings > Application > and check on Unknown source "Allow installation of non-Market applications" turn that on and put the app on your phone. Open it, install it, and voila it should work.
If that doesn't work post here once again and I'll try to help you.

Elgar
02-14-2011, 03:25 PM
If the market download doesn't work try the APK found by clicking HERE. (http://auth.pocketlegends.com/download/PocketLegends.apk)
After you download it go to settings > Application > and check on Unknown source "Allow installation of non-Market applications" turn that on and put the app on your phone. Open it, install it, and voila it should work.
If that doesn't work post here once again and I'll try to help you.
Alright, so how would I get updates then? I knew I could do that but I wanted to do it through the market.

Elgar
02-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Google determines if an app shows up in the market based on the specs of the app and your device. If you don't see an app the market doesn't believe you can run it. Feel free to attempt the direct download link on www.pocketlegends.com.

Really? Is that new? I've used plenty of apps that seemed too big for my phone, I ran them and I got a ton of lag, even Dungeon Defenders shows up which I would think would have a very low framerate on my phone.

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Alright, so how would I get updates then? I knew I could do that but I wanted to do it through the market.
Unfortunately, no you don't get updates except the PAK files I think.
But version updates you just come back to the site and they update the APK everytime so you re-download it and re-install it.
It's the same as updating, but you just go through a little bit more :p.

Thade
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
No Elgar, it's not new. This has always been the case but it's usually in place for when an app likely won't run at all. For instance if your phone isn't running the right version of opengl.

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
No Elgar, it's not new. This has always been the case but it's usually in place for when an app likely won't run at all. For instance if your phone isn't running the right version of opengl.
Or this could be happening, I'll see what I can do to help you.
Sigh... me and my obsession with Android :p.

WhoIsThis
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Some of the Galaxy S variants apparently cannot get Pocket Legends either. It seems like a bug or something.