PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Hide Drops

Duke
02-14-2011, 11:41 AM
This might be a tad controversial, but really, is there any real need for the game to show what drops I get to my teammates, and vice-versa?

StompArtist
02-14-2011, 11:43 AM
This might be a tad controversial, but really, is there any real need for the game to show what drops I get to my teammates, and vice-versa?

I like being able to see what I could have gotten... but wouldn't bother me either way, I guess it makes it easier to find out what drops pinks and what does not.

Kujen
02-14-2011, 11:44 AM
There would certainly be less arguing if we could do that. As much as I like to see pinks drop, whether they go to me or not, some people get all riled up when others get good drops.

mycroftxxx
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
With some of the low drop rates, that would make it nigh impossible to figure out what actually drops where. Which would suck. Also, seeing interesting stuff drop sometimes leads to trading—you'd basically be setting it up so that the only way stuff would ever be traded is through the Consignment Shop.

CowboyJim
02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I agree with mycroftxxx, even though I get sad for me when others get premium drops at a higher rate than I do, I am happy for them and sometimes they do offer up for trade/sale for good deals to people in party. So leave as is......thanks.

Aerospacegod
02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
How about having the option to just show your drops, others can still see if they have the option checked. Less clutter on the chat screen....

Bludd
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I was booted when I got two zuraz lances in a row.
Support.

BeefyMeat
02-14-2011, 05:32 PM
That's jealousy. Their drop has nothing to do with as yours has nothing to do with any of them.

Bludd
02-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I know. That's why I want drops hidden.
I also cannot help but check if anyone else has gotten good drops. It would be really good for morale if drops were hidden. Tensions would also be lower.

Ricey
02-15-2011, 07:46 AM
It is a pain when you get a pink, and some guy won't stop asking to see it while you're like "stfu and kill this thing attacking me!" That said, I know a lot of members are working hard on compiling lists of what drops and from whom, so maybe we should wait until these lists are complete and then remove it?

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I was booted when I got two zuraz lances in a row.
Support.

Hey I'd rather get booted for something like that. Tells me who I do not want to play with. :D

Duke
02-15-2011, 09:02 AM
It is a pain when you get a pink, and some guy won't stop asking to see it while you're like "stfu and kill this thing attacking me!" That said, I know a lot of members are working hard on compiling lists of what drops and from whom, so maybe we should wait until these lists are complete and then remove it?

A personal pet peeve are people who want to trade in an instance while everyone else is fighting.

Back to the original point... I probably should have labeled it "Idea" rather than "Suggestion". I can see the pros and cons of showing/hiding your drops from others. Just curious about everyone else's opinions on the subject.

Ricey
02-15-2011, 09:43 AM
How about some kind of 'hide loot info sharing' tickbox within your options screen? That way if you wanted to hide your loot from everyone else you could but you'd still be able to see what others who haven't hidden it were getting..

Kujen
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah I was assuming this idea would be optional, not a game-wide thing. Just let individuals choose that in their options. Then if I get something good, I'll let you know if I wanted to trade. And if you seem to have an anger management issue, Ill just say I didn't get anything good.