PDA

View Full Version : Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Needs a Buff!

Zeus
12-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Hello,

As an owner of both the Elondrian WarFare Recurve of Potency and the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency, I can say that the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency needs a buff to bring it up to the level of Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency.

Currently, the Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency is far more useful than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency for the following reasons:
- Health return per attack, including DoT attacks. On spells like charged nox, this can be a lifesaver in huge pulls
- Bush Proc (which is considered pretty bad but far more frequent than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency proc)

Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Proc:
- Spawns an icy whirlwind on proc which pushes, damages, and slows enemies.

As you can see, the Elondrian WarFare Recurve clearly has more advantages. So, what I am asking is if there's a way to grant the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency health return per attack as well or perhaps a chance, albeit lower, to spawn icy whirlwind proc via damage delivered?

Bow auto attack is rarely uses so basically, one is buying an Elondrian Warfare Recurve with no heal return proc and nothing other than a measly 2 dex to show for it.

~Zeus

NotYoCookiez
12-15-2014, 11:03 AM
You should be a dev

Defiling
12-15-2014, 11:13 AM
I do understand your point but I believe it is actually made to be different from each other. You're asking to buff the Frost-touched bow and give it Heal return buff right? If you really want it to be fair then why not ask STS to also buff Elondrian Bow and give it the same stats as the Frost Bow? Frost Bow already has an advantage when it comes to stats and then you still expect it to have the same effects like the Elondrian Bow? I really don't get it. Where is the fairness you're talking about when that happens? Sometimes you really can't have it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus
12-15-2014, 11:16 AM
I do understand your point but I believe it is actually made to be different from each other. You're asking to buff the Frost-touched bow and give it Heal return buff right? If you really want it to be fair then why not ask STS to also buff Elondrian Bow and give it the same stats as the Frost Bow? Frost Bow already has an advantage when it comes to stats and then you still expect it to have the same effects like the Elondrian Bow? I really don't get it. Where is the fairness you're talking about when that happens? Sometimes you really can't have it all.

I'm asking for it to have two procs, like the Elondrian Bow. Developers stated that the Frost-Touch Bow is slightly better than the Elondrian Bow, but it turns out it is actually worse! +2 dex is not an advantage - it is something that will never be noticed.

I'm not asking for the bow to be better than the Elondrian Bow but I am asking for it to be on the same level. Hence why I suggested something other than a heal return on attack.

kixkaxx
12-15-2014, 11:18 AM
I will trade my Elon bow with your frost bow, deal?

If not, why do you want a buff?

Sorcerie
12-15-2014, 11:19 AM
And while we're at it, why not make the Frost Rifle freeze proc happen to more than one target as well as lowering defense so it's on par with the Elon rifle?

Defiling
12-15-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm asking for it to have two procs, like the Elondrian Bow. Developers stated that the Frost-Touch Bow is slightly better than the Elondrian Bow, but it turns out it is actually worse! +2 dex is not an advantage - it is something that will never be noticed.

I'm not asking for the bow to be better than the Elondrian Bow but I am asking for it to be on the same level. Hence why I suggested something other than a heal return on attack.

I understand that but if you really want it to be fair why only ask for frost touch bow be buffed and not the elondrian bow as well? Give both bows the same stats and 2 procs, I guess this is what you should have asked if you really want both bows to be at the same level.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I understand that but if you really want it to be fair why only ask for frost touch bow be buffed and not the elondrian bow as well? Give both bows the same stats and 2 procs, I guess this is what you should have asked if you really want both bows to be at the same level.

Sure, I am not against that.

However, developers did state this new frost touched bow would be slightly better.

Frankly, it's not. Even the proc rate is substantially lower than that of the Elo Bow's bush proc.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Zeus
12-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I will trade my Elon bow with your frost bow, deal?

If not, why do you want a buff?

I already have an Elondrian Warfare Bow with Paracelsus Gems if you read.

Why would I need two?

Kriticality
12-15-2014, 11:34 AM
And while we're at it, why not make the Frost Rifle freeze proc happen to more than one target as well as lowering defense so it's on par with the Elon rifle?

The Frost Rifle slow/freeze isn't a proc. It happens with EVERY shot landed. If the bows proc became a standard weapon attribute that happened every time the bow was fired, it would take some getting used to but doubtful anyone would ask for a buff, even with no health return just like armor buff for original elon gun.

Sorcerie
12-15-2014, 11:38 AM
The Frost Rifle slow/freeze isn't a proc. It happens with EVERY shot landed. If the bows proc became a standard weapon attribute that happened every time the bow was fired, it would take some getting used to but doubtful anyone would ask for a buff, even with no health return just like armor buff for original elon gun.Ah so it's the reverse of the armor proc on elon rifle, instead of stacking an armor buff you're stacking a slow to freeze.

Still, it could use something else tho, since the elon rifle lowers enemy armor 25% while rooting the targets.

Defiling
12-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Sure, I am not against that.

However, developers did state this new frost touched bow would be slightly better.

Frankly, it's not. Even the proc rate is substantially lower than that of the Elo Bow's bush proc.

Yeah Devs confirmed that it will be slightly better when it comes to stats but not with procs. They also confirmed that procs of both weapons will be an advantage depending on different situations. With that being said, both bows were made differently and should be used on different situations. Let's accept it. We can't have it all.

Energizeric
12-15-2014, 11:39 AM
I would suggest increasing the proc rate of the frost bow, but NOT making it have the heal per attack. I like that these weapons are different. For the sorcerer gun, the frost gun is clearly the more "offensive" weapon with the freeze per attack, but the elondrian gun is the more "defensive" weapon with the shield buff per attack. Perhaps the same should be said for the rogue bows, having the frost bow be the more offensive weapon, while the elondrian bow would be the more defensive weapon giving the heal procs. This makes players have to choose one or the other. I like that there is no clear best weapon.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Yeah Devs confirmed that it will be slightly better when it comes to stats but not with procs. They also confirmed that procs of both weapons will be an advantage depending on different situations. With that being said, both bows were made differently and should be used on different situations. Let's accept it. We can't have it all.

The proc is nearly non existent. Either raise the proc rate or fix the glitch where Elondrian Warfare Recurve returns health on every attack when it shouldn't be according to description. :)

Kriticality
12-15-2014, 11:41 AM
It prob could but when I tested it, it seemed incredibly useful. For example, I played with my rogue against a mage with new frost gun and breeze and I've never moved less in a PVP match lol. Maybe like charged shot or reg shot has a chance to apply 10% armor debuff for attacks against warriors. I'm not a great PVPer (yet) but the new rifle/breeze combo caused me to rage a little hahaha.

Kriticality
12-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Back on topic Zeus, is there anything you like about the frost bow? I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Back on topic Zeus, is there anything you like about the frost bow? I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.
I actually like the proc and would not mind giving up the glitched heal return of Elondrian Warfare Recurve Bow of Potency but it needs to be more frequent to be considered useful. Right now, even the bush proc of Elondrian Warfare Recurve occurs at a substantially higher rate and can do just as much damage.

Defiling
12-15-2014, 11:54 AM
The proc is nearly non existent. Either raise the proc rate or fix the glitch where Elondrian Warfare Recurve returns health on every attack when it shouldn't be according to description. :)

Increasing the proc rate of the Frost Mythic Bow and Decreasing Elon Bows Proc? Is this really the solution that you want? Sorry but I think you are being one-sided with the things you are telling me and contradicting the main point of your concern which is for both bows to be fair. Again, both bows were made for different situations. Sometimes acceptance is the key. Devs confirmed everything beforehand. I think you need to focus on the term "Made Differently".

Hellcookie
12-15-2014, 11:59 AM
The frost bow doesnt need a buff!?! If u dont like the bow, dont use it, use elo, done?! Why shud Sts buff it? It shud better be a cheaper than elo weapon for ppl who havent enough gold for elo bow, they can buy the frost bow then and they'll be happy!? So pls stop crying, ty.

Defiling
12-15-2014, 12:00 PM
The frost bow doesnt need a buff!?! If u dont like the bow, dont use it, use elo, done?! Why shud Sts buff it? It shud better be a cheaper than elo weapon for ppl who havent enough gold for elo bow, they can buy the frost bow then and they'll be happy!? So pls stop crying, ty.

+1 :)

Raregem
12-15-2014, 12:00 PM

The HP on every attack is not a glitch..they confirmed that on your thread two months ago.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180918-Mythic-Bow-Glitch&p=1878418&viewfull=1#post1878418

So tech it should have a description change not a fix to the proc. The new bow may need a boost in the proc rate but it definitely shouldn't get the heal. The price doesn't need to drop anymore on the elo weapons.

Pirate Captain
12-15-2014, 12:01 PM

I think it was intended to be the other way around

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Increasing the proc rate of the Frost Mythic Bow and Decreasing Elon Bows Proc? Is this really the solution that you want? Sorry but I think you are being one-sided with the things you are telling me and contradicting the main point of your concern which is for both bows to be fair. Again, both bows were made for different situations. Sometimes acceptance is the key. Devs confirmed everything beforehand. I think you need to focus on the term "Made Differently".

You are misinterpreting.

The health return per attack, including spells, is not meant to happen. If you read the weapon description, it states that the health return is to occur only on charged attack. Yes, the bows are made differently. One is meant to be aggressive, while the other is meant to be defensive and I completely understand that. However, the Elondrian warfare recurve is both defensive and offensive as indicated by bush proc which also occurs at a substantially higher rate than the Frost Touched Bow.

I use both bows and would not want either one to be substantially better than the other. After all, that would make my paracelsus gem Elo bow useless, no? However, I do want the bows to be indicative of their use. If the Frost Touched Bow is meant to be aggressive than the developers should buff the proc rate. Currently, I'm barely able to get 2-3 procs off in one run when spamming auto attack in between arrows. When I use the Elondrian Warfare, I get substantially better proc results.

Additionally, as I stated before, I am not unopposed to the idea of making them equal to each other and having people base their preference on looks.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:04 PM
The HP on every attack is not a glitch..they confirmed that on your thread two months ago.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180918-Mythic-Bow-Glitch&p=1878418&viewfull=1#post1878418

So tech it should have a description change not a fix to the proc. The new bow may need a boost in the proc rate but it definitely shouldn't get the heal. The price doesn't need to drop anymore on the elo weapons.

"Due to some technical issues"

AKA

They could not get the bow to work as previously intended so they took the easy way out which honestly, makes the game a lot easier than it should be.

twoxc
12-15-2014, 12:10 PM
I hate agreeing with you lol but I have to agree frost bow is no where up to par with elonhdrian bow. At least increase the proc rate. Even my Ancient planar Pendant proc more then the frost bow lol.

Raregem
12-15-2014, 12:14 PM
"Due to some technical issues"

AKA

They could not get the bow to work as previously intended so they took the easy way out which honestly, makes the game a lot easier than it should be.

If Sam hadn't posted the info before they changed the bow, had we never known the original design (like we don't with the majority of things) it wouldn't be an issue. The heal is nice but is it a complete game changer with it being on every attack? IMO no, most of us aren't suped up to the nines, so while it adds a small advantage it doesn't change much.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:14 PM
I hate agreeing with you lol but I have to agree frost bow is no where up to par with elonhdrian bow. At least increase the proc rate. Even my Ancient planar Pendant proc more then the frost bow lol.

Thank you!

I understand that some people are scared for their Elondrian mythics to lose value. Trust me, I am not looking for that. I have quite a few Elondrian bows myself. Yes, multiple. They're good weapons at a bargain value.

However, all I am asking is for the Frost-Touched Warfare Recurve to be on par with Elondrian Warfare. It doesn't have to be through heal proc. It can be through increasing the proc rate.

Kurimaw
12-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Zeus should be a dev too

Defiling
12-15-2014, 12:17 PM
You are misinterpreting.

The health return per attack, including spells, is not meant to happen. If you read the weapon description, it states that the health return is to occur only on charged attack. Yes, the bows are made differently. One is meant to be aggressive, while the other is meant to be defensive and I completely understand that. However, the Elondrian warfare recurve is both defensive and offensive as indicated by bush proc which also occurs at a substantially higher rate than the Frost Touched Bow.

I use both bows and would not want either one to be substantially better than the other. After all, that would make my paracelsus gem Elo bow useless, no? However, I do want the bows to be indicative of their use. If the Frost Touched Bow is meant to be aggressive than the developers should buff the proc rate. Currently, I'm barely able to get 2-3 procs off in one run when spamming auto attack in between arrows. When I use the Elondrian Warfare, I get substantially better proc results.

Additionally, as I stated before, I am not unopposed to the idea of making them equal to each other and having people base their preference on looks.

And you are contradicting you're main point of discussion here which is fairness for both bows.

At first, you want them to give the frost bow the health return proc. Then, you want them to increase the proc rate of the frost bow. Then, you want them to fix the glitch of the elon bow which is not actually a glitch based on the previous threads. Isn't that being one-sided to the frost bow? Where's the fairness that you are talking about for both bows? I do understand what you're telling me but then again Devs confirmed that it there will be advantage on the procs depending on the situation. Since you already said you have both then why not use the one you think is more useful or use them both depending on the situation? STS made a great decision in making both bows different from each other.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:22 PM
If Sam hadn't posted the info before they changed the bow, had we never know the original design (like we don't with the majority of things) it wouldn't be an issue. The heal is nice but is it a complete game changer with it being on every attack? IMO no, most of us aren't suped up to the nines so while it adds a small advantage it doesn't change much.

Charged Nox heals a substantial amount of health with the current mechanics which can be particularly useful when kiting and killing & one does not have the time to hit the potions button.

Actually, it's healing more than it should. 10% of damage is what it should be returning. However, when utilizing charged nox, the DoT alone will grant 50+ health per tick per DoT. So, it is a very quick way to regenerate health especially on top of other factors like Samael's healing aura or Shady & Surge.

The Elondrian Warfare has been glitched from day one but players do not like talking about it because it is something that benefits them.

All I am asking is for Frost Touched Bow to be on par with Elon bow. Is that too much to ask? That way players have a choice on which weapon they want to use.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:28 PM
And you are contradicting you're main point of discussion here which is fairness for both bows.

At first, you want them to give the frost bow the health return proc. Then, you want them to increase the proc rate of the frost bow. Then, you want them to fix the glitch of the elon bow which is not actually a glitch based on the previous threads. Isn't that being one-sided to the frost bow? Where's the fairness that you are talking about for both bows? I do understand what you're telling me but then again Devs confirmed that it there will be advantage on the procs depending on the situation. Since you already said you have both then why not use the one you think is more useful or use them both depending on the situation? STS made a great decision in making both bows different from each other.

I am not contradicting myself. The frost bow health return was a suggestion. Among that suggestion, there were other suggestions as well like increasing proc rate. I never stated that the frost bow receiving health return was my preferred suggestion. Did I? I never stated for all the suggestions to be implemented either, did I? It is a one or the other offering.

I want the bow to be worthwhile to use and that in turn benefits many, especially those who are popping crates.

Developers stated there will be an advantage on proc. Where is the advantage? The Elondrian Warfare is both offensive and defensive in its proc. Also, it does not take 5 minutes of spamming auto attack to get it to finally proc. The Frost Touched is an aggressive proc but so rare, even amulet seems to proc more.

I have both, yes. And currently, Elondrian seems to perform better in just about any situation.

STG made a great decision in ensuring Elondrian bows rise in value*.

Kakashis
12-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Even with the super healing of the Elondrian bow, I still die in elites as it just can't keep up with the damage taken. Seriously "reskins" should be the same weapon in terms of stats and proc but just looks special. There really shouldn't have been a different proc nor extra DEX. The new bow shouldn't be buffed at all, or just make it the same as the Elondrian bow but maybe a ice bush instead of green. A color change should be good enough to make that bow valued slightly more, not a total overhaul of the proc and base stats on a "reskin"

twoxc
12-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Don't care about the heal. Sts would say, That is why there is Curse Skull Gem which drain life LOL.

All I like to see is a better proc chance it's ridiculously low low low low. like really low. under the sewer low.

Brownback
12-15-2014, 12:30 PM
I think Zeus just brought all stock from cs and is now asking for buff.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Even with the super healing of the Elondrian bow, I still die in elites as it just can't keep up with the damage taken. Seriously "reskins" should be the same weapon in terms of stats and proc but just looks special. There really shouldn't have been a different proc nor extra DEX. The new bow shouldn't be buffed at all, or just make it the same as the Elondrian bow but maybe a ice bush instead of green. A color change should be good enough to make that bow valued slightly more, not a total overhaul of the proc and base stats on a "reskin"

Yep, should've kept it the way they did with Razorbacks & Nightmarish daggers. I don't mind that but since STG does not seem to be heading in that direction, I suggested ideas of my own.

@Twoc
Yes, yes, yes!

It's essentially same proc rate as L31 Mythic bow. We all remember how many of us complained about that proc. The only reason people are not now is because now they have investments.

Titanium
12-15-2014, 12:35 PM
I love THOSE people from forum who don't need nothing. Easy to recognize them " nobody forces you to do use/buy/participate " . Or those who don't play Arcane Legends anymore and they are ALWAYS intrigued " buff again? are you serious? " or "nerf sns" . Lovely.

"Poor" vs "Rich"

Everybody was poor at some point . But yea.. nobody forces you to get richer. To be rich is so overrated these days. "Who needs arcane / mythics? " , "Anyone knows why recipe doesn't drop ? " , " Why boss one shoted me? I did something wrong? " , " Recolor arlor pls! " . Just saying

Titanium
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
About frost bow. Four weeks event. Are going to be 2x more frost bows than elondrian bows. I hope experts think about that too.. Before they are going to see any sort of conspiracy over the forum.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:41 PM
About frost bow. Four weeks event. Are going to be 2x more frost bows than elondrian bows. I hope experts think about that too.. Before they are going to see any sort of conspiracy over the forum.

Exactly!

Why would anyone in their right mind buy out the bows now when more will continue to drop? The jealousy is unbelievable.

Serancha
12-15-2014, 12:49 PM

Actually elondrian bows were out for 4 weeks also, and that was during top plat farmer season. So given that info, the number of frost bows should end up being far less than elondrian.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Actually elondrian bows were out for 4 weeks also, and that was during top plat farmer season. So given that info, the number of frost bows should end up being far less than elondrian.

3 weeks^

Defiling
12-15-2014, 12:52 PM
I am not contradicting myself. The frost bow health return was a suggestion. Among that suggestion, there were other suggestions as well like increasing proc rate. I never stated that the frost bow receiving health return was my preferred suggestion. Did I? I never stated for all the suggestions to be implemented either, did I? It is a one or the other offering.

I want the bow to be worthwhile to use and that in turn benefits many, especially those who are popping crates.

Developers stated there will be an advantage on proc. Where is the advantage? The Elondrian Warfare is both offensive and defensive in its proc. Also, it does not take 5 minutes of spamming auto attack to get it to finally proc. The Frost Touched is an aggressive proc but so rare, even amulet seems to proc more.

I have both, yes. And currently, Elondrian seems to perform better in just about any situation.

STG made a great decision in ensuring Elondrian bows rise in value*.

Ok bro whatever you say and whatever you think is right then go for it. We have our own opinions. Just don't forget that they were made differently and acceptance is the key. Nice discussing with you. Good luck with the bows :)

kixkaxx
12-15-2014, 12:53 PM
I already have an Elondrian Warfare Bow with Paracelsus Gems if you read.

Why would I need two?

You just said the reason by yourself, this bow is still useful because of the uniqueness. Why need a buff then ?

Appeltjes
12-15-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't make the calls, lol? If something logical is suggested, developers implement.

Furthermore, there's numerous weeks left. Why would anyone in their right mind buy out bows when there are still going to be a lot dropping?

If you must know, I have gold invested in 3 arcane rings right now, 3 Elondrian Bows, 1 Imbued Potency Set, 1 Frost Bow, 1 Ghoulish Daggers and the remaining 300M is untouched because nobody in today's economy has gold except for me, Twoxc, and a few others.

So there, my investments as well as the items I use are on the table. Screenshots if needed. :)

*puts on common gears and copy pastes "pls sir"*
:p

Serancha
12-15-2014, 12:54 PM
3 weeks^

Close enough. The plat farmers still multiplied the amount of crates crafted and opened by many times, so one extra week will not even the odds out. There will still be a ton more elondrian bows than frost.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Close enough. The plat farmers still multiplied the amount of crates crafted and opened by many times, so one extra week will not even the odds out. There will still be a ton more elondrian bows than frost.

Sure but that doesn't mean it would be wise to buy out stock when bows are still coming and will continue to come in months after the event has ended.

Stocking up on any event mythics has always and always will be a loss because after the event, they're still obtainable due to the lockeds remaining after event.

50M bonesaw anyone? :D

Titanium
12-15-2014, 01:03 PM
For the record. Winter event is 4 weeks long. Ice scale essences have twice better drop rate than elondrian ones. More ursume crates. More bows.

Also before Halloween bows used to sell for 25-28m. After Halloween the price of the bow was 18-21m because were 2 viable solution for a mythic weapon out there. I'm very good when comes to predict prices before any event comes. I was one of the few people who sold his bow because was 101% sure a new weapon comes and the price of any mythic weapon will cost 5-6m less.

Elondrian Bows and Frost bows are going to sell for maximum 14m after 6th January. I let the conspiracy experts to take it from here .

One more thing. Sts should clearify now if the bow is going to get buffed or not so i could decide which one I should buy and paragem it .

Serancha
12-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Sure but that doesn't mean it would be wise to buy out stock when bows are still coming and will continue to come in months after the event has ended.

Stocking up on any event mythics has always and always will be a loss because after the event, they're still obtainable due to the lockeds remaining after event.

50M bonesaw anyone? :D

54m. I never said it was wise to stock up on event mythics. Only the first ones out are of any real value.

Zeus
12-15-2014, 01:05 PM
54m. I never said it was wise to stock up on event mythics. Only the first ones out are of any real value.

I wasn't referring to your Bonesaw, lol. I was just saying in general! However, I'm glad that you see it's not some sort of investment conspiracy theory.

Psychologist
12-15-2014, 01:13 PM
In my opinion, this thread went totally out of hand.

Perhaps some understanding and proper detailed points of view would make things more accurate on each side and less drama.
Anyhow, I kind of agree. It's a new bow, that just got introduced and is level 41 as well. Making it worth more than older ones would sound fair to me.

Higuani
12-15-2014, 01:42 PM
With everything you say or ask, people will look different at you no matter what the topic is going on about
Youre probably the most known player out there in arlor, But dont forget you can be the most hated person aswell.

Back to topic
I saw the frost bow in action in kraken mines 3 i saw it proc twice in a whole run seems low tho ;/

Anarchial
12-15-2014, 01:46 PM
The problem with STS has always been nerf and buff. Nerf singe. Buff singe. Nerf this Buff that.
Having said that if a item is broken it definitely needs fixing. From all what I read the only broken commodity is the proc rate probably. The proc should be in sync with all other mythic items no matter the level or rarity.
So all in all if the proc rate is infinitesimally small then kindly ask for that to be fixed. But changing its entire design would be catastrophic and an economical disaster.
E.g. I created the thread on Syrillax gem after learning from you that STS didnt provide what they said would provide although that has now turned to an entirely new buff gem thread for which I have stopped replying there.
I am pretty sure the new bow doesnt need a buff, what it probably needs is the proper environment where it would shine. Maybe most people are missing it. Like many pointed out here that both the bows have entirely different procs which might be suited to different scenarios.
Conclusion: If anything needs to be looked its the broken proc rate which might needs to be looked, not the proc.
Also STS while doing this kindly do some bugs atleast from Madnex's list which he keeps piling up on effortlessly and without asking for pay.

Ardbeg
12-15-2014, 01:51 PM
to add a bit to the original topic: stg went for diversity instead of just a reskin. since many people just acquired their elo mythics during double everything days, i think old and new myth should support different playstyles, offensive and defensive, but keep a general balance in effectiveness and value. how about discussing this balance here?

Anarchial
12-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately what I see is that the topic has gone entirely offtrack. A wild mod would appear now and say "Hey please keep it friendly" and remove all comments. So instead of giving the mod that pleasure why don't we all stick to the topic here and not throw tantrums at each other? :)

Avaree
12-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Hello,

As an owner of both the Elondrian WarFare Recurve of Potency and the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency, I can say that the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency needs a buff to bring it up to the level of Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency.

Currently, the Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency is far more useful than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency for the following reasons:
- Health return per attack, including DoT attacks. On spells like charged nox, this can be a lifesaver in huge pulls
- Bush Proc (which is considered pretty bad but far more frequent than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency proc)

Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Proc:
- Spawns an icy whirlwind on proc which pushes, damages, and slows enemies.

As you can see, the Elondrian WarFare Recurve clearly has more advantages. So, what I am asking is if there's a way to grant the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency health return per attack as well or perhaps a chance, albeit lower, to spawn icy whirlwind proc via damage delivered?

Bow auto attack is rarely uses so basically, one is buying an Elondrian Warfare Recurve with no heal return proc and nothing other than a measly 2 dex to show for it.

~Zeus

Back to the main point of this thread, is the above.

:)

Spell
12-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Back to the main point of this thread, is the above.

:)
A lil off topic but i LOOOOVE your sig! Suits you well
One day i hope for a vanity that looks very similar to the angel in your sig! (wings included)

aarrgggggg
12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Too many lvl 41 mythic weapons to chose from already......each one has a give and a take.
Pick which one suits you best and use it.

No need to buff anything

In many peoples cases including the OP you can easily afford both so there is your answer.

Own both and switch them out whenever you deem it necessary.

Haligali
12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Its a good lession again for do not jump into new weapons immediately. Scythe, Ghoulish, and now frost bow&frost gun.

There will be a new weapon in a few month(s) anyways.

Kriticality
12-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Lot of resentments surfacing in this thread... Can I try the bow Zeus? I'll let you hold my elon as collateral. I don't have much to add bc I haven't used one. Or anyone for that matter, can I try your frost bow? I'll give proper collateral.

Seoratrek
12-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Way too much drama here. Please keep the discussion constructive and friendly. Like I have said many times in the past, if you see something objectionable in game, please send us an e-mail to support@spacetimestudios.com. If it's on the forums, please report it. There is no need to comment/add to the problem.

Thanks!