PDA

View Full Version : Xperia Play is dead and outdated - MOGA is the answer

octavos
12-15-2014, 01:27 PM
well, the Xperia play is is pretty much a dead device and no more updates..not even an Xperia play 2. A simple solution that could benefit many players is the MOGA controller or button inputs to the sts games to avoid having to root a phone. (like keymapping eg: dpad down, a,b,x,y buttons ect..aka IME settings :))

new MOGA gaming controller which, as a controller, is excellent and works quite well for pretty much any of your gaming needs whether it be on a phone, clipped into the MOGA, or on your tablet as a wireless Bluetooth controller. However, the MOGA controller requires you to use the Pivot app which, as an app, is rather nice but does have some issues. A recent update the other day fixed a few of these issues though.

Transform your Android device into a mobile gaming system with the MOGA PRO POWER Controller from PowerA. With precision controls and console-style comfort for extended play, the MOGA PRO POWER controller also features MOGA Boost technology, which utilizes the 2200 mAh rechargeable battery to charge your Android device while you play.

It features S.M.R.T Lock technology to secure your phone, multiplayer capability, dual analog sticks, a directional pad, shoulder buttons, triggers, and full-sized grips. The MOGA PRO POWER is also HID enabled and comes with a USB charging cable, a MOGA Boost charging cable, a tablet stand, and the free-to-download MOGA Pivot app to discover a growing library of MOGA-enhanced games. The Pivot app pairs your controller to your Android device via Bluetooth. With an MHL cable (not included), you can even connect your device to your TV to play on a bigger screen.

-Full-sized console comfort design for extended play
-Charges your phone while you play with a rechargeable 2200 mAh battery
-Offers precision controls with dual clickable analog sticks, shoulder buttons, shoulder triggers, a D-pad, and four action buttons
-Using S.M.R.T. Lock technology, secure your smartphone up to 3.2" (8.2 cm) wide
-Pairs with your Android smartphone or tablet via wireless Bluetooth connection
-Includes USB charging cable, MOGA Boost charging cable, and tablet stand
-Compatible with Android 2.3+ devices

octavos
12-15-2014, 05:09 PM

its ok...please tell me its ok :)

Madnex
12-15-2014, 05:34 PM
It's ok, ghost, it's ok.

octavos
12-15-2014, 05:42 PM
It's ok, ghost, it's ok.

its not ok....and my insides hurt just because I hate touchscreen play only.

Schnitzel
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
I like this idea :D

only question. How would we type in chat?

octavos
12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
I like this idea :D

only question. How would we type in chat?

regularly..just type on the screen of the device. just like you normally would do now. :)

Now if the android app can have google chrome buttons/commands i could map my controller. :)

octavos
12-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Got a replay anyway....well this dream is dead...have a good day peeps

Hello,
Our game is not designed to be used with any controller at all, which is why it’s not working. We have no plans to make the games compatible with a controller.

toxorto
12-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Got a replay anyway....well this dream is dead...have a good day peeps
Ikr I got the same answer :(

Andrisber
12-16-2014, 02:51 PM
I recently got a Mad Catz CTRLR (similiar). Well it wont work sooo.....

octavos
12-16-2014, 02:52 PM
I recently got a Mad Catz CTRLR (similiar). Well it wont work sooo.....

i wish it would so all we could do is connect our devices to a TV and play that way....Guess I have to root my device some way XD.

Andrisber
12-21-2014, 10:51 AM
UPDATE.

i tried CTRLR with AL, and pet ability worked!