PDA

View Full Version : Events Negatively Affecting Economy/Player Interest

conradev
12-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Players are able to join event runs after a boss has already been attacked. When this happens, 4 players can enter, while the boss remains at a difficulty as if 1 player was in the zone.

The event leaders have known and been exploiting this, and while at first thought it would seem all players had equal opportunity to exploit it, here is how that is not the case, and how it is in fact unfair to the vast majority.

(I am in the top 25 mage category myself for the current event btw, but I have been soloing the whole time)

1) This allows the players with the most money and strongest friends to start out events at a pace 20 times faster than normal players. They are not limited by finding people to run with, money, or boss difficulty. They are only limited by the time they can put in.

This causes a lost interest in running the leaderboard extremely early for most players. And while a select few continue to pour gold into event kits, it would be exponentially better for the economy of the game to have majority interest in running as opposed to minority.

I don't need to explain all the reasons why as there are too many, just follow logic. But here are a few...

-the best event loot is quickly made worthless because the leaderboarders loot and post to auction so fast

-the grand prizes are put at a distance 99% of players cannot reach withing the first 2 days, before some have even logged on to the event at all

This is merely another case of whistle-blowing (when beneficial) as one of the most noted event leaderboard runners conveniently reported SnS in Ursume Lock Crates after (and only after) he had looted his fair share and made 200m gold on them. He is now well ahead in the leaderboard yet again for this event, but has he made any posts about this? No, because it does not behoove him to do so.

This game economy has a severe appeal to the richest problem with every update it gets worse. Please do something to stop this. Money is never changing hands, and players are quitting.

Candylicks
12-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Yeah I'd be mad too on the lb if people are cheating. You did the right thing by posting here, hope sts can lay in a fix ASAP.

conradev
12-16-2014, 04:42 PM
I promise to not run again until it is fixed even if my top 25 spot is jeopardized.

Pyrogenie
12-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Big thumbs up. I actually completely stop running after silver tier for this reason.

notfaded1
12-16-2014, 04:54 PM
I agree it has also been revealed that while minions were messed up that s&s had the ability to stack pools and take all the minions out... Also putting every other player at a severe disadvantage. In my opinion s&s alone has almost ruined the game but I suppose at least the damage was somewhat limited (by the number) but pvp and even pve will never be fair again with an advantage out there no one else can ever acquire or hope to ever compete with which is disappointing. If s&s had been made available to a wider audience like original whims or the arcane ring and at least still be rarely acquirable this wouldn't be the case... but alas it's not.

conradev
12-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Please thumbs-up Lethaljade's OP if you agree here...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=193181

conradev
12-16-2014, 04:56 PM
I agree it has also been revealed that while minions were messed up that s&s had the ability to stack pools and take all the minions out... Also putting every other player at a severe disadvantage. In my opinion s&s alone has almost ruined the game but I suppose at least the damage was somewhat limited (by the number) but pvp and even pve will never be fair again with an advantage out there no one else can ever acquire or hope to ever compete with which is disappointing. If s&s had been made available to a wider audience like original whims or the arcane ring and at least still be rarely acquirable this wouldn't be the case... but alas it's not.
Wow, that is really bogus...thanks for telling me, and I agree, S&S has taken an already Gothamesque Arlor to an even darker depth.

Xorrior
12-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I am glad this exploit has been highlighted. Since Goblins event, certain people on the top echelons of the LB have done their best to cheat, portal glitches, whatever etc etc.. This is another exploit used to cheat all the way to the top as said by the OP - enter map alone go to the boss attack it, where it scales down to one person and the rest join.

Hope DEVS fix this and then let see any familiar faces atop any future LBs.

Happy Cheating!

Xpolosion
12-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Your charade is now over

Visiting
12-16-2014, 05:31 PM
As someone who has ran for an Event Lb, this exploit is an OUTRAGE. While me and other runners who were working our butts off, some people were exploiting this glitch and getting ahead without the work! The fact that people at this very moment are STILL using this exploit to get ahead on the Lb is total BS! C'mon STS, get this patched up ASAP!

notfaded1
12-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Well remi says they are testing a fix but its not going to help this event... Better late than never I suppose. Good luck next event!

Zeus
12-16-2014, 05:39 PM
When I posted about the Goblin glitch, people told me to get over it and keep running. Hmm... ._.

Nevertheless, I agreed they should've fixed exploits then and I ageee they should exploits now too.

conradev
12-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Well remi says they are testing a fix but its not going to help this event... Better late than never I suppose. Good luck next event!
Not for me I'm done with this charade... selling CTF Tournament Spots/Team.

conradev
12-16-2014, 06:27 PM
When I posted about the Goblin glitch, people told me to get over it and keep running. Hmm... ._.

Nevertheless, I agreed they should've fixed exploits then and I ageee they should exploits now too.
"Conra do you know about portal exploit? Come I show you, dont tell Remiem hehhehhe" -Zeus (during Goblin Invasion)

Zeus
12-16-2014, 06:33 PM
"Conra do you know about portal exploit? Come I show you, dont tell Remiem hehhehhe" -Zeus (during Goblin Invasion)

I said no such words, lol. I was complaining about it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

lethaljade
12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I might aswell give up on event as a solo player this is going to be impossible for me to maintain my spot on the leader board, especially npw everyone knows and we will no doubt see a fix, gg lol.

Madnex
12-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Why was it changed from the Halloween event where the instance was getting locked when boss was hit? As if there weren't enough reasons to not run for LB already lol.

Anarchist
12-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Its not the cheat that makes me laugh. Everytime whoever finds the glitch first makes sure he bangs it hard before the info leaks out and wont split a word if not to his people/guild.
What makes me laugh is that sts cant make a single exploit/bug-less event. Its not even a make from point0 event they copy stuff from there and plast it here.

conradev
12-17-2014, 02:00 AM
I don't understand why they play...they literally ruin every event and suck the fun out of the game. I know they don't play because they are having fun cheating or manipulating at every turn. That would require a need for something which there isn't. All the gear, pets, and efforts of a game funneled to the top (mostly plat thieves, some not), there is nothing else to play for...to be richer? To exceed 1 billion gold? Do they believe they are admired? Because they are very outwardly hated even by their own guilds lmao. Maybe that is what it is. In which case I should tell them they are doing it all wrong...they need to swing wildly and blindly into 5v1's and get absolutely depraved and filthy in CTF. I give them a crash course in that every time I get the pleasure of treating them like the scum they are in CTF and embarrassing them for my Youtube channel with lesser gear and unbridled skill. Hence they retreat back to the Auction house and back to their GH's to read by the fire while their SnS's run amuck through the Hall.

Limsi
12-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Agreed with everything said here, the only problem is that STG is known for focusing on the least important issues rather than the game breaking ones

Spell
12-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Agreed with everything said here, the only problem is that STG is known for focusing on the least important issues rather than the game breaking ones
This+1

Candylicks
12-17-2014, 07:58 AM

YES!!!

Like hm, ALL the freaking Melee weapons ... daggers and swords are completely BUGGED. Wow...

twoxc
12-17-2014, 09:53 AM
You can't blame the over power rogue for this bug. They can SOLO and still does the same speed with or without the bug but I agree it messes up things for mage/tank as they always join and get invited by the over power rogue. I didn't even know about it until few days later. IF this is fixed which it should cause it doesn't bother me either way. It sure will make the competition more fun. As the over power rogue want to help tank/mage which will then slow themselve down allowing other rogue to catch up. Or stick to solo which is the same speed as they are going now and let tank/mage battle it out on their own against their own class. This all comes down to TWINK/ENDGAME balance lol. All event runner will realize twink is faster soloing and easier. So in the next few event soon you'll see all leaderboard event runners are all level 15 and twink Lol. So.....what's the point of an endgame with over power gear if you can't out run a twink in events which only occur once a year.

Wutzgood
12-17-2014, 11:06 AM
You can't blame the over power rogue for this bug. They can SOLO and still does the same speed with or without the bug but I agree it messes up things for mage/tank as they always join and get invited by the over power rogue. I didn't even know about it until few days later. IF this is fixed which it should cause it doesn't bother me either way. It sure will make the competition more fun. As the over power rogue want to help tank/mage which will then slow themselve down allowing other rogue to catch up. Or stick to solo which is the same speed as they are going now and let tank/mage battle it out on their own against their own class. This all comes down to TWINK/ENDGAME balance lol. All event runner will realize twink is faster soloing and easier. So in the next few event soon you'll see all leaderboard event runners are all level 15 and twink Lol. So.....what's the point of an endgame with over power gear if you can't out run a twink in events which only occur once a year.

Yep my level 10 rogue soloed syralix and tarlok this morning before one pet's energy got halfway down. That was while eating breakfast lol. Op twinks will always have the easiest time in events.

But there really isn't a way to balance it. If you have ever tried to run with randoms at low levels most are running around in smelly helms and rare gear. If they made twink event levels harder those normal players wouldn't have a chance. Its still hard for most low levels that aren't twinks to beat these bosses.

Making the lb prize for end gamers only helps but power leveling the last few days will still get around it.

conradev
12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Yep my level 10 rogue soloed syralix and tarlok this morning before one pet's energy got halfway down. That was while eating breakfast lol. Op twinks will always have the easiest time in events.

But there really isn't a way to balance it. If you have ever tried to run with randoms at low levels most are running around in smelly helms and rare gear. If they made twink event levels harder those normal players wouldn't have a chance. Its still hard for most low levels that aren't twinks to beat these bosses.

Making the lb prize for end gamers only helps but power leveling the last few days will still get around it.
Yeah, and I don't understand why some are under thr impression events are made for end-gamers alone.

Remiem
12-17-2014, 11:49 AM
This will be patched by tomorrow at the very latest. We appreciate you all bringing this to our attention as soon as possible.

conradev
12-17-2014, 11:54 AM
This will be patched by tomorrow at the very latest. We appreciate you all bringing this to our attention as soon as possible.
Wow, thanks so much!

heisenberg
12-29-2014, 04:20 AM
I don't understand why they play...they literally ruin every event and suck the fun out of the game. I know they don't play because they are having fun cheating or manipulating at every turn. That would require a need for something which there isn't. All the gear, pets, and efforts of a game funneled to the top (mostly plat thieves, some not), there is nothing else to play for...to be richer? To exceed 1 billion gold? Do they believe they are admired? Because they are very outwardly hated even by their own guilds lmao. Maybe that is what it is. In which case I should tell them they are doing it all wrong...they need to swing wildly and blindly into 5v1's and get absolutely depraved and filthy in CTF. I give them a crash course in that every time I get the pleasure of treating them like the scum they are in CTF and embarrassing them for my Youtube channel with lesser gear and unbridled skill. Hence they retreat back to the Auction house and back to their GH's to read by the fire while their SnS's run amuck through the Hall.
awesome coment!