PDA

View Full Version : Elite Diaries: Running Planar Tombs 3, Pro-Style!

GoodSyntax
12-16-2014, 05:17 PM
First, let me apologize in advance. I got new a new screenshot application, which I was supposed to be able to map a hotkey, so it would make screen captures easier and faster, but the results (with all the movement on screen) are less than stellar. Nevertheless, the strategy remains the same, so I'll post what I have anyway.

Fair Warning: This is a pro-style strategy, so this will be a tough run, even with top gear, so unless you have a lot of elite experience and are comfortable with "mega-pulls" I wouldn't recommend that you try this. Novice elite runners and those with basic starter gear should find an alternative strategy.

PARKING FOR FAST RUNS
Parking the big guys (guardians?) will help ensure faster runs. These guys have a glitched warning area, so this often leads to deaths. Plus, with their high HP, they take too long to kill, so for efficiency and pot consumption, parking as many of these big guys as you can will really help a lot!

To help you with this, it is best to use a speed pet such as Gyrm, Abaddon, Haze, etc.

Begin the parking session by running straight through the first room:

Continue ahead and take the bridge to the right:

Keep going on the bridge and take the room on top. Be sure to aggro the big guy in the room before proceeding onto the bridge. At the end of the bridge is a circle, aggro all mobs here and take the room to the right:

Be sure to aggro this room ahead and take the room to up top:

Up ahead is another circular room. Get the attention of all the big guys in this room and take the room to the right:

Now that we have traced our path to the boss, we can finally park the mobs. Be sure that your party is in the map; otherwise, everything resets and your work will go to waste! With half a map chasing after you, take the room to the right, find a nice little corner to sit in and tell your friends how cool you are because you didn't die along the way:

RUNNING THE MAP
To start the map, proceed directly ahead to the first bridge and start your fight at the start of the bridge. Wait for mobs to approach, and trap rogues should be dropping traps here for crowd control. A rogue or sorc should proceed to the end of the bridge and aggro the wolves and skeleton at the end of the bridge. Pull everything to the start of the bridge:

After that first pull has been cleared, continue ahead, hugging the right side of the wall and proceed to the room on the right:

Continue running through this room and set up your next pull point on the middle of the bridge ahead:

This is your pull point. Tanks (if any) should remain here while one rogue/sorc continues ahead to draw in more mobs:

With all mobs in the room ahead aggro'd, return back to the mid-point on the bridge and join your party.

Now that these two rooms are cleared, continue ahead and take the bridge to the top.

Proceed ahead, aggroing the mobs on the bridge, but do not stop here, continue up the circle and take the bridge to your right:

Once in the room to the right, set up a choke point on the top/left corner just at the entrance of the next bridge:

One of your DPS classes should proceed ahead and pull down as much as possible to the choke point. Trap rogues should be placing traps as soon as they come off of cooldown:

Continue clearing all mobs that this chokepoint:

Continue up the bridge and past the next open room, we will be establishing the next choke point up ahead:

Proceed to the bridge ahead and stop at the midpoint of the bridge. This is where you will be setting up for the next encounter:

One of the DPS classes should proceed up into the circle and draw down everything in the room ahead:

Return to your party on the bridge and kill off all mobs:

Continue ahead and take the path at the top of the circle. There should be one more skeleton remaining (if he resets, which he often does):

IF THE BOSS HASN'T SPAWNED
Sometimes, in your haste, a mob (or three) resets without anyone noticing, so this is the backup plan. Return back to the circle, and take the room on the left. Here, a bunch of vines will spawn. Draw them to the bridge.

Kill off as many as necessary to spawn the boss.

MANAGING TAURUS THE HAMMER
Taurus has several different attacks, stuns, vines and other challenges that makes this boss difficult. But, like all bosses, coming in with a strategy will help reduce Ankh/plat cost.

Draw Taurus down to a more open area:

Rogues/Sorcs, stay just inside of bow/gun range. This will allow you to attack Taurus, while avoiding his "Unarmed Punch" attack, which does a considerable amount of damage on DPS classes.

Have one person be responsible for killing vines as they come into aggro range

Move around with Taurus, always staying just inside of bow/gun range. Warriors can tank pretty much all things except for Taurus' long range charge attack.

Madnex
12-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Great guide! I only have one question!

Do you have to be high for this to work?

*runs off*

KingMartin
12-19-2014, 06:32 AM
Nice Kali!

So proud to have you back in game! :)

Qamr
12-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Nice Kali!

So proud to have you back in game! :)

That day is the last time i sow kal in the game.