PDA

View Full Version : I Will Share A Common Scam I Fell For - Please Read

blaze5786
12-18-2014, 06:19 AM
If someone is in a rush to sell a blinky's egg for such a low price, around 150k, please don't fall for it because he will end up switching the egg to a blight's egg.
And if someone goes "rush" or "fast" please be more cautious around these people and use the 2nd trade tab wisely.

:)

supersyan
12-18-2014, 06:42 AM
i remember someone switched yowie with snowy

blaze5786
12-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Yeah, i think scamming is becoming popular as many people think of this sts support justice system lightly and is challenging themselves whether they will really get banned for their actions haha

grzena1982
12-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Ive lost 100k and got blight instead of blinky. Lesson learnt the hard way i guess. Unfortunately, nothing can be done as people r using alts to the scam others. Now I can only say double check what ur buying before confirming ur transaction.

blaze5786
12-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Same.. :(

Dogma
12-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Ive lost 100k and got blight instead of blinky. Lesson learnt the hard way i guess. Unfortunately, nothing can be done as people r using alts to the scam others. Now I can only say double check what ur buying before confirming ur transaction.

Sts tracks accounts, so even if they use alts/ change names, they get the hammer

Bmwmsix
12-18-2014, 12:39 PM
That's Bc of your greed caused you this, why not simply buy from cs? Bc of 10k? Lol these guys are just having to much fun abusing this. Since sts literally allows this happening. Dont get me wrong I dislike these scam poop guys too.

Soullesmage
12-18-2014, 01:22 PM
This almost happened to me, i noticed it was blight just in time.

Ticklish
12-18-2014, 05:49 PM
That's Bc of your greed caused you this, why not simply buy from cs? Bc of 10k? Lol these guys are just having to much fun abusing this. Since sts literally allows this happening. Dont get me wrong I dislike these scam poop guys too.

How does trying to save 10k amount to greed? That's a very harsh judgement to make imho. Some people simply do not have the means to buy stuff and want to save every penny they can. 10k worth of potions IS something.

NotYoCookiez
12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
That person is me ^^

I barely have enough for potions and listing stuff in cs makes me bankrupt. Not everyone is living high and mighty

Bmwmsix
12-18-2014, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=Ticklish;1963200]How does trying to save 10k amount to greed? That's a very harsh judgement to make imho. Some people simply do not have the means to buy stuff and want to save every penny they can. 10k worth of potions IS something.[/QUOTE

Maybe harsh but it wasnt better say it was unfair my comment but that wasn't my intention. I shld have said some peeps act Bc of such reason. But comeon, you can make good cash while event on and dailies give you enough gold to buy pots and stuff. And you dont have to be high nor mighty.

Bmwmsix
12-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Besides the problem with scamming is that sts doesnt take serious actions or not that visible thats why this game became like a scamm paradise.

stackz
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Slow and steady said the turtle. Slow and steady.

And there is always the auction house. Wait. Oh yeah. You feel cheated with list prices there. Ahahahahaha blight. Hahahahhaha

Be very very happy u r learning this life lesson with pixels and not real money.

Life lesson #5: trust nobody. Even family. They will screw you the most. If you cant trust family who can you trust? Yourself? Think on that for a second

farizace99
12-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Whenever in trade,slowly take ur time to triple check whether the item you wanted to trade is true.Dont rush thats all

Overweightank
12-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Sts, is it allowed to "Bully" a scammer, telling them you're gonna destroy their reputation, ban them, and etc, because i know someone who scammed me, and they currently are going around scamming people. and i always say "Oh, its you again, Hi _*insert name here*_ , doin some scamming today, alright buddy have fun! :D Hope you trip and fall" so... is that allowed? or is one of those things were "if you got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" ? cuz.. i wanna keep saying this, the person zones out of town every time xD love the feeling of making a scammer's Scam plans harder ! ;D

Xeusx
12-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Sts, is it allowed to "Bully" a scammer, telling them you're gonna destroy their reputation, ban them, and etc, because i know someone who scammed me, and they currently are going around scamming people. and i always say "Oh, its you again, Hi _*insert name here*_ , doin some scamming today, alright buddy have fun! :D Hope you trip and fall" so... is that allowed? or is one of those things were "if you got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" ? cuz.. i wanna keep saying this, the person zones out of town every time xD love the feeling of making a scammer's Scam plans harder ! ;D
It's useless. All you have to do is report him with your reason.

blaze5786
12-18-2014, 11:08 PM
A previous scam I feel for foolishly was lending a guild member my depraved blades and other rares and equips equaling to about 9m which I spent a hard year grinding up to purchase. The end result was sts making late late replies waiting weeks for a response from support, no items returned (I can't complain but this person is a professional scammer who is well known by a couple of friends that he has stolen arlor sets to countless mythic gear, disgusting), a warning to me on forums for sharing something and exploiting a scam too deeply when I wanted to notify people of what to be cautious of, a response roughly saying "we cannot share details about players for security reasons" backing up how they may not have banned this scammer with branches and branches or alts and accounts organised for these scams. I believe trade compensation of getting our items back at least should be enabled to suit the poor effort of sts to prevent scams and the light justice system, just strict rules that provokes scams and angers victims. Also, why is sts bringing back pet eggs which I paid double to even triple to purchase such as grimm and breezaga? And I think I should get a refund for buying snowball for 20 plat back then when its only worth about 20k now. I am not happy with this game atm >:(

blaze5786
12-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Am I going to get locked from forums for giving my thoughts?

epicrrr
12-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Also, Frist egg for Frost egg. Not that expensive but still a common scam.

blaze5786
12-19-2014, 01:08 AM
^ Yes thanks for sharing

Hail
12-19-2014, 01:31 AM

Lmao at this comment and double Lmao at your sig :P made me laugh haha
I do this too though, generally ask them if they have made any good deals "scams" today. The best part is that it makes them rage :D

Hail
12-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Tried to buy a level 12 dep for 200k. Person "accidentally" closed the trade window. Traded again, bought the item I was all happy about making a good merch. Try to equip them on my higher level alt (level 15). See that they are level 26 depraved.
Me = :beaten:

blaze5786
12-19-2014, 04:13 AM
26 depraved for 200k seems like a standard price so it doesn't seem all too bad haha but yeah trade scams are everywhere

Moonfrozt
12-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks for sharing guys. Really helpful info.
I think even STS have to acknowledge that scam happens to anyone n they have done little to prevent it.
STS have to make this thread as sticky and suggest players to read it. N hopefully we will not fall for the same traps twice :)

Pancakepanic
12-19-2014, 07:52 PM
That person is me ^^

I barely have enough for potions and listing stuff in cs makes me bankrupt. Not everyone is living high and mighty

New to AL? I was about 4 months ago. Id be happy to give you some gold for listings and pots. The sooner the days of selling epics for 500g is over the better. We were all once there.

Dvsk
12-19-2014, 08:09 PM
A previous scam I feel for foolishly was lending a guild member my depraved blades and other rares and equips equaling to about 9m which I spent a hard year grinding up to purchase. The end result was sts making late late replies waiting weeks for a response from support, no items returned (I can't complain but this person is a professional scammer who is well known by a couple of friends that he has stolen arlor sets to countless mythic gear, disgusting), a warning to me on forums for sharing something and exploiting a scam too deeply when I wanted to notify people of what to be cautious of, a response roughly saying "we cannot share details about players for security reasons" backing up how they may not have banned this scammer with branches and branches or alts and accounts organised for these scams. I believe trade compensation of getting our items back at least should be enabled to suit the poor effort of sts to prevent scams and the light justice system, just strict rules that provokes scams and angers victims. Also, why is sts bringing back pet eggs which I paid double to even triple to purchase such as grimm and breezaga? And I think I should get a refund for buying snowball for 20 plat back then when its only worth about 20k now. I am not happy with this game atm >:(

Not being mean or harsh, but you and your friends are idi*ts, seriously why on the heavens of earth would you give away/ "lend" 9million gold worth of items. I wouldn't give someone worth more than 50k unless I knew them inside out and they were a good friend. And in order for that you need to get to know me for some while - Last time I checked if your foolish enough to give away arlor sets and mythics you are stupid. I'm just speaking the truth, so don't get offended - that's what I do :) honesty is my number one policy.

Overweightank
12-20-2014, 12:21 AM
The people who price switch scam are REALLY bad at it too! XD

I swear! once this rogue tried to scam me, went from 2mil to 20k -_-
I even pm'd her saying "If you're gonna scam, atleast be good at it! -_- " XD

Hail
12-20-2014, 11:09 PM
26 depraved for 200k seems like a standard price so it doesn't seem all too bad haha but yeah trade scams are everywhere

At the time you could get them for like 50k

blaze5786
12-21-2014, 05:26 AM
Yeah, the depraved i got taken off me was 2mil then, now its worth like about 3 times more :'(