PDA

View Full Version : crafting questions

Jaliliqui
02-15-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm interested in crafting the Necromancer's cap (for elf) at Burke the Blacksmith. I have completed all of the quests for him, have all of the required materials (4 cloth scraps and cloth thread) and still have the original crafting hat but I'm not given the option to combine the materials into the cap. What am I missing?

hugosukmeoff
02-15-2011, 12:35 AM
got a orb form killing meat head and want to craft it but i dont want to waste the ord as i hear they are rare.
What is the best way to make use of the orb in crafting? to i build up a bunch of orbs and use them all in the same item how does it all work?
I have read the crafting guide and im still a little confused??

Fyrce
02-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Do you have the recipe? That's the box that need to be checked at the top of the list. And some of these have another page of ingredients.

Usually (so far always I think), it's one orb per item. Just go to the blacksmith, tap on "I want to Craft items" and tap through the various recipes to check them out.

Jaliliqui
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
First off thank you for your time and reply. I thought the blacksmith had the recipe, lol. No, I don't have the recipe box checked. Which leads me to two more questions: where do I get recipes and where do I get orbs? Would the answer to both of these questions be the daily quests that Burke sends me on? I have been concentrating on the cloth quests being a mage. The cap recipe does not have a gem, but the robes I would like do. I imagine that gem and orb are synonymous.

Duke
02-17-2011, 06:39 AM
The recipes and orbs/gems are rare drop from Forest Haven bosses. I have yet to see one myself, but I'm hearing your best chance for a recipe drop is farming Meathead in FH4. The best place to get gems is in Meathead's Deli (FH bonus 1).

Fyrce
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Still haven't seen a recipe drop from FH4, so still working on that. Early on (first day of crafting?), the recipes could be purchased from the Blacksmith. Still not sure whether any have dropped yet, but they seem really rare.

Gems aren't as bad. So far I average about 1 gem per 20 runs in Deli. Oh yeah, did get a recipe drop from Deli also, so if FH4 doesn't produce soon, I might go back to Deli. Deli seems to drop something related to crafting on average 1 in 5 runs, but that can include scraps of cloth.

Jaliliqui
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM
About 8 runs at Meathead's Deli and I picked up a power gem, thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately a power gem gives tanker qualities and I'm a mage, but still it is encouraging. If we could just find a good place for farming recipes....

Fyrce
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
If you have access to Balefort, you can sell your gem then buy the right one. Alternatively, you can use chat to trade or try the Marketplace forum on here to see if anyone will trade for what you want. Or keep farming.