PDA

View Full Version : What next?

whizzyrich
12-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Hi all,

I'm a lvl 35 mage, mostly solo or join random groups for PvE. I'm looking for advice on my next steps to clear higher level maps. I have 100,000 gold. Purchased Ethyl, Wrath, and Colton in that order. Here are my stats. Would appreciate any advice. Thx!

Energizeric
12-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Just a couple of comments:

1) No need to add a skill point for +1% damage as that duplicates what you already have from your pet colton, and they do NOT stack. Instead the system just chooses the higher buff, in this case being the +10% damage that colton gives, so the 1% passive damage point is wasted.

2) I think there's no need for you to spec 6 skills at level 35. You would be better off with 5 skills and putting the extra points in passives. That will make you stronger. Looking at your skills, I'd lose ice as it's not needed as much as the others in PvE. If you were going for more of a PvP build, then I would suggest losing either Fireball or Time Shift.

whizzyrich
12-18-2014, 04:45 PM

1) No need to add a skill point for +1% damage as that duplicates what you already have from your pet colton, and they do NOT stack. Instead the system just chooses the higher buff, in this case being the +10% damage that colton gives, so the 1% passive damage point is wasted.

2) I think there's no need for you to spec 6 skills at level 35. You would be better off with 5 skills and putting the extra points in passives. That will make you stronger. Looking at your skills, I'd lose ice as it's not needed as much as the others in PvE. If you were going for more of a PvP build, then I would suggest losing either Fireball or Time Shift.

Thanks much for the advice. It is what I am looking for. Appreciate it!

Pollata1246
12-19-2014, 05:46 AM

dude u need freez anyhow..bcs u get extra time too

Energizeric
12-19-2014, 04:04 PM
dude u need freez anyhow..bcs u get extra time too

Out of Fireball, Lightning, Ice and Time Shift you are only going to run with 3 of them as you will always want to use shield too. So give that, I can't imagine using Ice over any of the other 3 unless you are only fighting bosses (like for an event). But the OP is saying he is doing general PvE, so I'd say that in a typical party in most PvE environments, the sorcerer is expected to do mob control and then also help cause big damage to the boss. Your best 2 skills for mob control are Fireball and Time Shift, and your best skill for damage to the boss is Lightning Strike. So that leaves out Ice.

whizzyrich
12-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the additional advice. Personally I have found ice to be less useful than lightening but I have read various threads where mages have sworn by ice. I may not be using it effectively or for my type of play lightening may be more effective.

Anyway, I spend some time at the auction checking out great that might improve my stats and will respec. Thanks again for all of your help!