PDA

View Full Version : Why they picked the name for the new campaign!

FluffNStuff
02-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Because a full exp potted party getting wiped by a fire grate is complete Balefort Sewers ;)

giayuan
02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Because a full exp potted party getting wiped by a fire grate is complete Balefort Sewers ;)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL haha I actual laughed! ;D I had a thread about this.. somewhere..

EDIT: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18778-Funny-campaign-name-x)

Fyrce
02-15-2011, 01:47 AM
OMG, I have yet to see that. But I wouldn't know whether to laugh or curse. LOLOLOLOLOL

Militaryman
02-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Lmao... Those fire grates really are BS

Dizzy
02-15-2011, 03:09 AM
The best is when the party is waiting for someone to catch up from the spawn point -- you know the path is mob-free because you just cleared it, so it should be cake, right? --and suddenly: DEAD... And then you get some choice phrases in chat that end in "...FREAKIN GRATES!!!!"

Total Balefort Sewers.

:D

Ayrilana
02-15-2011, 03:11 AM
For the elite dungeon of BS, they can forget the mobs and make just us navigate through vast quantities of fire traps to the bosses. No need to have have a specified mob remaining to spawn boss since I guarantee people won't be able to rush it.

(Still the most fun I've had in a campaign so far!)

Gaddy
02-15-2011, 04:36 AM
I love 'em. Reminds me of when i first started playing AND THE GAME WAS CHALLENGING. What a concept. A challenging game.

superglut2
02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
I like fire grates :)

FluffNStuff
02-15-2011, 09:07 AM
The worst part, I was in the lead so it my fault :(. I have been timing them really well, watch for the pilot light, then you get the explosion, then all clear. So we get to the three in a row (ie, what the Elite BS will be full of ...) and I see the pilot lights, then the explosions then we go ... and suddenly I swear all three go off at once! I don't know if it was a lag spike, a miss timing or if we were just moving way slow ... but I got the party wiped and it was total Balefort Sewers ;)

BeefyMeat
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
I would be ok with the grates if they didn't go off every 5 seconds.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 09:21 AM
I would be ok with the grates if they didn't go off every 5 seconds.

Also they do not seem to affect enemies? They all wearing fire retardant clothing?

Justg
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/its_a_trap.jpg

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 09:24 AM

LMAO! Now that was funny.

DawnInfinity
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM

Bahahahaha. Oh, G. :rolleyes:

FluffNStuff
02-15-2011, 09:59 AM

LOL!!!!!! * 10 Chars!!!

Thade
02-15-2011, 10:11 AM
This thread rocks!

Yvonnel
02-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Dizzy
02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm actually enjoying them... once you accept it's inevitable you're going to die a few flaming deaths each run, it becomes humorous when it happens. "You smell that?" Yeah, sorry, my bad, that's fresh BBQ elf wafting through Muck Hovel....

(I can laugh, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel like an idiot every time one kills me, hehe.)

Norbert
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
BS = Bird Smokers. I've roasted a lot of archer over those grates. Mmm, tasty!

Doubletime
02-15-2011, 11:51 AM
The fire grates I have adjusted to. The people in the party shooting the fire grate and activating it as you run over because of constantly hitting auto-target -- that is the thing that still gets me. But in PUGs you just have to laugh it off. Otherwise you will go crazy.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
The fire grates I have adjusted to. The people in the party shooting the fire grate and activating it as you run over because of constantly hitting auto-target -- that is the thing that still gets me. But in PUGs you just have to laugh it off. Otherwise you will go crazy.

These could very well be used as leacher disposal devices. :D

Royce
02-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Has anyone figured out the specific properties of these brutal traps? It's obvious that AOE damage skills and weapons can set them off, but I have a ton of questions.
I've heard several times that taunt sets them off but haven't gotten to leveling my bear yet. Is that true?
When you shoot a grate, it sets it off, but sometimes it is a regular explosion and sometimes a megaexplosion. What is the difference there? I'm wondering if fire damage makes them go supernova...
Sometimes a grate seems to blow with no flame warning or a very short one. Is that just random?

FluffNStuff
02-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Has anyone figured out the specific properties of these brutal traps? It's obvious that AOE damage skills and weapons can set them off, but I have a ton of questions.
I've heard several times that taunt sets them off but haven't gotten to leveling my bear yet. Is that true?
When you shoot a grate, it sets it off, but sometimes it is a regular explosion and sometimes a megaexplosion. What is the difference there? I'm wondering if fire damage makes them go supernova...
Sometimes a grate seems to blow with no flame warning or a very short one. Is that just random?

I just joined an empty game and was watching em, and it looks like I had no 'effect' on em. They would 'pilot light' then a big flame, then nothing, then pilot light then big flame then nothing. I did notice that their sequence would 'start' when I was close enough. This is an issue because the last one was then on a different sequence then the first two. Made it kinda weird. Will test em some more.

Norbert
02-15-2011, 12:27 PM
I think of them as like other baddies that are spawned, there's just a lot of them and they spawn a lot. They can have other baddie behavior, like sensing your presence and so forth. I think there are a couple kinds -- one has like 5 explosions and the others 3 (I think). I'm not sure if the 5 ones are always at the same spot or if they spawn randomly.

Each grate has a spawning point -- before they spawn there's nothing to target. I think maybe the randomness is spawning frequency, so when you hit that run with 3 in a row, it's always a little different. Or maybe it's just that they are inactive until you approach them (like other baddies).

Fwiw, once you complete a level they stop spawning (making it easier to go back for that daily quest).