PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Frozen Frontlines CTF Tournament Line-Up Announced!!

Remiem
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM

It's almost that time!! The bracket for the Frozen Frontlines CTF Tournament has been locked in and we are polishing our blades (or guns, or staffs, or hammers, or bows) in preparation for STS's first official CTF Tournament!

Due to an odd number of teams, Karma Forever will start in the 2nd round! Keep an eye on on this post Saturday. We will update this post after each round with the results. You can also view updates live at: http://challonge.com/frozenfrontlinesctf

A Note to Team Captains: Please don't forget to sign-in to the Team Captains group here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=1143 to check in, make any line-up changes etc.

Artoholics
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Nice nice [emoji4]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Raregem
12-18-2014, 05:25 PM
No twitch this time? Or can we watch on the other website?

conradev
12-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Selling Gold Banner Alternate Spots (1 per class) Leave offer

Xeusx
12-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Good luck Pheonix!

siddhant
12-19-2014, 12:15 AM
good luck absolute:)

Raleighzsz
12-19-2014, 01:29 AM
good luck

H£ll
12-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Nice..
Karma vs karma 3 brackets A,B,C and Karma forever Team waiting to fight another Karma Team.
Brackets Fixed?

GL to all teams

Nrt
12-19-2014, 02:46 AM
My guess is They just wana eliminate karma teams so the same incident won't repeat itself. Karma vs Karma at finals because there is no way for brackets to be like that if shuffled. Gl to karma teams and the rest of the teams.
Wish STS kept it fair the way we intended to participate and give a good show.

nuwar
12-19-2014, 03:58 AM
Nice..
Karma vs karma 3 brackets A,B,C and Karma forever Team waiting to fight another Karma Team.
Brackets Fixed?

GL to all teams
kill kill

noahgoulin
12-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Lol 6 karma teams!
It'll be hard for the others xd
any team from unified?

Qamr
12-19-2014, 07:28 AM
My guess is They just wana eliminate karma teams so the same incident won't repeat itself. Karma vs Karma at finals because there is no way for brackets to be like that if shuffled. Gl to karma teams and the rest of the teams.
Wish STS kept it fair the way we intended to participate and give a good show.

conspiracy theory

Paulsebi
12-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Lol 6 karma teams!
It'll be hard for the others xd
any team from unified?

Well these brackets for sure were not automatically generated, and were specially arranged to have all the Karma teams to fight each other, and only one team from Karma to be able to enter the semifinals and further more....

As Hell already mentioned, Karma vs Karma in first 3 brackets (A,B,C) and Karma Forever waiting to fight a Karma team from A bracket.

STS / Remiem can you please tell us how brackets were automatically generated so perfect ( I see just mouse click - move Karma team there, move that Karma team there, and BOOM brackets generated) so you wont let Karma teams having a new chance to fight each other in final, like in the summer tourney? IS THIS AGAINST RULES?

Anyway, this is my opinion and I will remain at this.

For Karma : even in this way, I'm sure you guys will win this tourney. Good luck and show them how to do it once again :)

Have fun!

Nrt
12-19-2014, 07:43 AM
So STS how is this fair ??

Avaree
12-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Good luck to all :)

Clickbangboom
12-19-2014, 09:04 AM
oh the drama.... (Pops popcorn and pours soda)..... gotta love pvp. :) lol

Good luck to all teams! Have fun and enjoy your tourny!

Ophelia
12-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Participants' guilds never should be a deciding factor in the bracket arrangements ... kindly consider revising, STS.

In any case, best of luck to all teams.
I look forward to a game well played.

Paulsebi
12-19-2014, 09:43 AM
oh the drama.... (Pops popcorn and pours soda)..... gotta love pvp. :) lol

Good luck to all teams! Have fun and enjoy your tourny!

There is no drama here, we are just asking STS (Remiem) how these brackets were made so perfect! Hand made? Automatically generated (which I can't believe)....

And if a guild has more teams, this should influence their decision, and do the brackets in a way to not have guild vs same guild in final for example?

Nrt
12-19-2014, 09:45 AM
There is no drama here, we are just asking STS (Remiem) how these brackets were made so perfect! Hand made? Automatically generated (which I can't believe)....

And if a guild has more teams, this should influence their decision, and do the brackets in a way to not have guild vs same guild in final for example?

I think finger slipped while adding karma teams that's why we all came same group

Clickbangboom
12-19-2014, 09:47 AM
I have an idea.
STS should limit the number of teams any one guild can have in a tourny. Then, if a large guild has more then that number, say 2, of teams wanting to enter they can hold a tourny within their own guild to decide which team gets to enter the STS tourny.
Kind of like the Olympics, any one country can only have so many people/teams entered in the Olympics so they hold competitions within their own country to decide who gets to be on the Olympic team.

Paulsebi
12-19-2014, 09:49 AM
I have an idea.
STS should limit the number of teams any one guild can have in a tourny. Then, if a large guild has more then that number, say 2, of teams wanting to enter they can hold a tourny within their own guild to decide which team gets to enter the STS tourny.
Kind of like the Olympics, any one country can only have so many people/teams entered in the Olympics so they hold competitions within their own country to decide who gets to be on the Olympic team.

I do agree if rules are announced before, but STS didn't, so they can't make the brackets how they want... they should keep it fair!

Raregem
12-19-2014, 10:03 AM
I fail to see how the brackets aren't fair. Each team knew going in that they would be faced against an opponent, if you choose to enter against your guildmates you knew what could happen going in. That it would be very likely you'd be fighting against them. Why can't it be let the best Karma team win. This isn't about guild but player skill if you stripped away the guild then no one would be complaining. One guild can't have it all, all the time.

If the line up is changed for the solo reason of Karma teams.. then that's just messed up.

zapopan
12-19-2014, 10:05 AM
I have an idea.
If karma only is allowed 2 teams they would be only 9 or 10 teams in tournament. That's not the problem. The problem is that other guilds don't register. If you pay close attention brakets didn't filled.

Nrt
12-19-2014, 10:08 AM
If it wasnt for karma guild u will only have 8 teams in tourney.. we are trying to make this tourney successful.. therefore; we expect the formation of brackets to be fair

Nrt
12-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Well sts should mention next time only 1 team for each guild so they can do fair brackets

Paulsebi
12-19-2014, 10:24 AM
I fail to see how the brackets aren't fair. Each team knew going in that they would be faced against an opponent, if you choose to enter against your guildmates you knew what could happen going in. That it would be very likely you'd be fighting against them. Why can't it be let the best Karma team win. This isn't about guild but player skill if you stripped away the guild then no one would be complaining. One guild can't have it all, all the time.

If the line up is changed for the solo reason of Karma teams.. then that's just messed up.

So actually you tell me the brackets are fair, with all karma teams in brackets A,B,C? Are you joking?

And winner of A bracket fighting again a karma team?

Well I won't judge you, it's your opinion, but I can't be stupid to think that... that's my point and I'm keeping it :)

H£ll
12-19-2014, 10:26 AM

Regardless the bracket formation and the probability of all Karma teams in first 3 brackets..
Do u simply agree with breaking down the formation in which all Karma teams cant get through semi-finals except for 1 team. We are 7 or 8 teams.. Atleast 3 out of 8 teams should have the chance to make it to the top? Worst scenario cases 5 teams in brackets A, B, C.. Fair probability..

We want this tourney to be successful, we appreciate STS efforts..

Seriously What are the odds of two karma teams that played finals in previous tourney, meet in same bracket if Karma team wins.. Karma vs Karma forever..

Note: I wonder In which bracket my team would be if it wasn't named after karma.

Do u still fail to see how brackets are unfair.

Raregem
12-19-2014, 10:40 AM
So actually you tell me the brackets are fair, with all karma teams in brackets A,B,C? Are you joking?

And winner of A bracket fighting again a karma team?

Well I won't judge you, it's your opinion, but I can't be stupid to think that... that's my point and I'm keeping it :)

First of all I'm not stupid and don't feel that, that was needed. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Judge away.

Raregem
12-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Regardless the bracket formation and the probability of all Karma teams in first 3 brackets..
Do u simply agree with breaking down the formation in which all Karma teams cant get through semi-finals except for 1 team. We are 7 or 8 teams.. Atleast 3 out of 8 teams should have the chance to make it to the top? Worst scenario cases 5 teams in brackets A, B, C.. Fair probability..

We want this tourney to be successful, we appreciate STS efforts..

Note: I wonder In which bracket my team would be if it wasn't named after karma.

I understand what you're saying. I'm looking at this as purely players no guilds involved. Obviously it's not the popular view point on it. I do wish everyone good luck regardless of guild. There are some amazing teams here!

Paulsebi
12-19-2014, 10:52 AM
First of all I'm not stupid and don't feel that, that was needed. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Judge away.

Well sorry, I didn't wanted to sound like that, my bad for the way of expressing it... and I won't judge anyone for their opinion, but as said I see this clearly not fair... and it was made just to eliminate a possible Karma vs Karma team in final like we had in Summer TDM tourney... if they would have said it in the rules ...only x teams from same guild allowed... or things like this... than there wouldn't been any decisions like this... but clearly unfair now... that's all and sorry again ... not pointing to u at all... all the best!

Zeus
12-19-2014, 11:00 AM
First off, I just want to state that I rarely complain or make fuss over tournaments and deal with what I am dealt. However, that being said, simple probability calculations show the odds of all Karma teams being against each other as 0.002%. Again, that is 0.002%!

That's lower than a chance to loot an arcane in a crate and it seems that Karma, as a guild, has been lucky (unlucky?) enough to hit those odds. Furthermore, the previous winners of the TDM tournament are slotted to go against each other as well. So, the bad luck of match ups is even more unrealistic.

I like gambling too - but these odds are just not realistic for a match up like this happening. Please, STG, do a randomly generated matchup! I understand that STG wants a show and a competitive tournament but slotting every single player of a guild to go against each other is just not cool. Let us remember that this is a tournament - not a guild thing, so being matched based on guild should not be a factor.

Remiem
12-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Hey guys, to clear up any confusion I use a website called Challonge to set up tournament brackets. Since there was no seeding, they pair-ups are completely random generated by the site. It was the fairest way to do it without any qualifiers.

Zeus
12-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, to clear up any confusion I use a website called Challonge to set up tournament brackets. Since there was no seeding, they pair-ups are completely random generated by the site. It was the fairest way to do it without any qualifiers.

Remiem,

I'm trying that tournament bracket right now, using exactly the same registered teams. Despite me spamming bracket over bracket and refreshing the page, I am not able to get a match up that looks remotely like the one displayed. The odds just seem highly unlikely. :/

I guess it is what it is and good luck to everybody in the tournament!

Remiem
12-19-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure where the distrust comes from, but with half of the teams in this tournament coming from Karma it is incredibly likely that they would get matched up together. As a side note, upon creation of the brackets I was not even aware that teams like Catch Us and Dragon Riders were Karma, since guild is not a required field for entry. So, unless there was Karma in the team name I did not know what guild the team represented.

I don't know how else to say, other than I give you my word, that I organized this tournament to be as fair as possible, which means I removed all judgement from the bracketing processes by randomly generating the slots.

Thanks and best of luck to all teams.

zapopan
12-19-2014, 11:28 AM
Maybe next time it can be broadcast or recorded and posted so there is no confusion regarding the topic of making the Bracket. Beside it will contribute to the transparency of the whole tournament process.

Zeus
12-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Maybe next time it can be broadcast or recorded and posted so there is no confusion regarding the topic of making the Bracket. Beside it will contribute to the transparency of the whole tournament process.

Yes, I agree.

Bunny♥
12-19-2014, 11:38 AM
true, its sad to see the line up is kinda... umm.. weird. But I think, they are just giving others some chance as well for the finale, too many complaints on the tournament ending up as karma vs karma, so I think they just made a secret step to make it all settle

warriorromio
12-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Best idea is...
Chose 12teams.
Devided in two groups A and B
Then put all 6 karmas in same group...
Then the final will be karma vs arlorians

H£ll
12-19-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure where the distrust comes from, but with half of the teams in this tournament coming from Karma it is incredibly likely that they would get matched up together. As a side note, upon creation of the brackets I was not even aware that teams like Catch Us and Dragon Riders were Karma, since guild is not a required field for entry. So, unless there was Karma in the team name I did not know what guild the team represented.

I don't know how else to say, other than I give you my word, that I organized this tournament to be as fair as possible, which means I removed all judgement from the bracketing processes by randomly generating the slots.

Thanks and best of luck to all teams.

Idly
12-19-2014, 11:44 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/19/3239843f1d76e704dfb534f12858a3eb.jpg

Pulled from Remiems 'chalonge' page.... so this bracket is final or not?

Kriticality
12-19-2014, 11:51 AM
So no Karma teams are competing Hell? Bummer, I wanted to see this tourney.

HotttSauce
12-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Remiem,

I'm trying that tournament bracket right now, using exactly the same registered teams. Despite me spamming bracket over bracket and refreshing the page, I am not able to get a match up that looks remotely like the one displayed. The odds just seem highly unlikely. :/

I guess it is what it is and good luck to everybody in the tournament!

Honestly, how many teams does ONE guild need in a tournament? C'mon 3+ teams in a limited group tournament. Thats like in the NBA playoffs you divided one team & gave them 3 or 4 spots in a total of 8 playoff brackets. Or in a race one team occupied 6 spots while the competitors only got 2 slots to compete. So its like in First, Second, Third, Fourth place its Karma, Karma, Karma & >.> Karma? 7th & 8th go to those other guys.

On the other side it shows that Karma is VERY into pvp & they enjoy it and love to participate in events like this. Great for that. It also shows how if i'm correct tournament bracket couldn't even be filled up becuase of a lack of interest from a wide range of endgame players. Which probably thought who wants to fight multiple Karma teams?

Even from the post concerning fairness etc; If many Karma members registered numerous teams then good for them, kinda boring but eh. Now tournament organizers may want to give other pvp players lvls a shot at events like this. I think you'd getter a better diversification of players & guilds which will make things MORE interesting and not ZZzzzz. I'm glad the tournament bracket came out the way it did. Gives a tiny bit of hopes to other guilds, to have fun & thk they can win it all.

Paulsebi
12-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Honestly, how many teams does ONE guild need in a tournament? C'mon 3+ teams in a limited group tournament. Thats like in the NBA playoffs you divided one team & gave them 3 or 4 spots in a total of 8 playoff brackets. Or in a race one team occupied 6 spots while the competitors only got 2 slots to compete. So its like in First, Second, Third, Fourth place its Karma, Karma, Karma & >.> Karma? 7th & 8th go to those other guys.

On the other side it shows that Karma is VERY into pvp & they enjoy it and love to participate in events like this. Great for that. It also shows how if i'm correct tournament bracket couldn't even be filled up becuase of a lack of interest from a wide range of endgame players. Which probably thought who wants to fight multiple Karma teams?

Even from the post concerning fairness etc; If many Karma members registered numerous teams then good for them, kinda boring but eh. Now tournament organizers may want to give other pvp players lvls a shot at events like this. I think you'd getter a better diversification of players & guilds which will make things MORE interesting and not ZZzzzz. I'm glad the tournament bracket came out the way it did. Gives a tiny bit of hopes to other guilds, to have fun & thk they can win it all.

Well u are right... But there was no rule saying a guild can have x teams... Also if karma wouldn't fill up the teams the tourney would have been delayed for weeks or cancelled. If other teams wouldnt want to see 5-6-7 karma teams they would have register earlier so this wouldnt happen.

Coming back to subject.. as Zeus said the probability is almost 0%. So from one try, brackets hitted the 0.002% and this is how was set. Very very very hard to believe... I used alot that link for tourneys and I'm sure Zeus did also... So we are not speaking just to speak... And there is no drama... If there would have exist a 5-10 seconds video proving that the brackets were just randomly.. Hands down and no comment... But its so simple to drag and drop teams in that page and do the tourney how u wish as u cant believe it..

Saying that in this way Sts gives others a chance to win.. I do agree.. But they should have placed a rule saying Karma not allowed so others can win...

I dont see this as a transparent tourney.. And sorry Remiem about what I said, but I will keep my words. It's all I can see: arranged brackets to not have two karma teams in final for example... And give others a chance to not fight karma and be there...

Anyway, I was expecting an answer like Remiem did, but its not convincing, and as long as there is no video to prove that, I will stop saying any word... What was done was done and seems STS wanna continue in this way..

Well good luck for all the teams in this tourney... Have fun which is the most important... And Remiem next time, take advise from others and do simple videos which will prove others are wrong... And will help you to keep a tourney clean... Since these doesnt exist.. you will always get these kind of feebdacks. This is normal.. Its like I won at lottery 1 million euros even if I dont play.. That was the odd in ur bracket.

Remiem, good luck with ur tourney and all the best!

HotttSauce
12-19-2014, 12:23 PM
If it wasnt for karma guild u will only have 8 teams in tourney.. we are trying to make this tourney successful.. therefore; we expect the formation of brackets to be fair

Brackets are fair,
its a team that entered the tournament vs another team that entered the tournament, is it not? From your comments, it really looks like you wanted your guilds teams spread across the bracket in positions to take out all competition. Now that isn't fair.
To Nrt's comment, "If it wasnt for karma guild u will only have 8 teams in tourney.. we are trying to make this tourney successful.. therefore; we expect the formation of brackets to be fair" maybe this is the problem. One endgame guild showing primary interest in an Arcane Legends tournament. There are SO many endgame guilds that could of entered just for the FUN FACTOR of it all, even if they don't mainly pvp. But that didn't happen due to a number of reasons, 1) feeling you have no equal chance is a big one, so why bother.

HotttSauce
12-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Well u are right... But there was no rule saying a guild can have x teams... Also if karma wouldn't fill up the teams the tourney would have been delayed for weeks or cancelled. If other teams wouldnt want to see 5-6-7 karma teams they would have register earlier so this wouldnt happen.

Coming back to subject.. as Zeus said the probability is almost 0%. So from one try, brackets hitted the 0.002% and this is how was set. Very very very hard to believe... I used alot that link for tourneys and I'm sure Zeus did also... So we are not speaking just to speak... And there is no drama... If there would have exist a 5-10 seconds video proving that the brackets were just randomly.. Hands down and no comment... But its so simple to drag and drop teams in that page and do the tourney how u wish as u cant believe it..

Saying that in this way Sts gives others a chance to win.. I do agree.. But they should have placed a rule saying Karma not allowed so others can win...

I dont see this as a transparent tourney.. And sorry Remiem about what I said, but I will keep my words. It's all I can see: arranged brackets to not have two karma teams in final for example... And give others a chance to not fight karma and be there...

Anyway, I was expecting an answer like Remiem did, but its not convincing, and as long as there is no video to prove that, I will stop saying any word... What was done was done and seems STS wanna continue in this way..

Well good luck for all the teams in this tourney... Have fun which is the most important... And Remiem next time, take advise from others and do simple videos which will prove others are wrong... And will help you to keep a tourney clean... Since these doesnt exist.. you will always get these kind of feebdacks. This is normal.. Its like I won at lottery 1 million euros even if I dont play.. That was the odd in ur bracket.

Remiem, good luck with ur tourney and all the best!

Thx Paul,
I thk Karma guild is great, that being said people also want variety, they want to root for the underdog. Not many ppl want to see the Cleveland Cavaliers team1, vs Cleveland Cavaliers team2, Cleveland Cavaliers team3 vs Cleveland Cavaliers team4 in the end of any tournament. It loses interest to see one team usually/constantly take the glory when they had limited opposition to go against them, when it looks like the odds are in their favor (multiple hi-lvl teams from the same guild spread across one bracket), being all AL community know Karma is one of, if not thee strongest end game pvp guild.

The setup of this bracket HAS made things a bit more interesting for others to actually watch now, including myself.

KKIDIRA
12-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Stop whining ffs, if you don't like the line up, next time encourage other guild's to enter, get others involved, If there is a problem with what guilds enter and how many from each, then make a team cap, and guild name requirement. But the fact is Karma with its teams has filled the brackets for all to play. Good luck to all the Karma teams lol, and the rest of Arlor that has entered. Thanks Remiem for setting up the tourney!

Remiem
12-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. Lesson learned from this time around and we will definitely consider a guild limit going forward and put some more transparency into the bracketing process. To give you guys a preview, the next event will be a Twink event so it'll get some fresh faces in for sure. :) As it stands, the brackets on this page are final so I'm going to lock up this thread to keep the drama at bay. Thanks, see you all on Saturday!