PDA

View Full Version : Rouge Pet?

NotYoCookiez
12-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Yes i know there are guides and whatnot, but they are all outdated.

What is a good pet for rouges in Terms of PvE? I'm currently level 9 and plan to level him/her with myself.
I have like 100k gold to spend and plat so what do you guys recommend?

Also mana is a big problem for me. I go from 100% to like 3% in only 3-4 skills. Is that normal? Is mana pots the only way for me to go or is it my gear/level?

ClumsyCactus
12-19-2014, 07:07 AM
Rogues Drain mana like CRAZY so thats normal, i use tons of pots.
I have 1500 mana on my Main and i use like 1k mana pots per week during events.
I would say ethyl is a good PET that also lets you slow enemies, and give you a damage buff.
Also, loki is a AMAZING and underrated rogue PET.
Dovabear is propably the best, but a BIT expensive.
And, Personally i like crawly too.

NotYoCookiez
12-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Dang i opened Loki on my mage lolol

ClumsyCactus
12-19-2014, 07:10 AM
Dang i opened Loki on my mage lolol

Well it is mostly his AA that is for rogues, heals and adds 20 dex.
And, i can also say ribbit because of his crit boosts on AA

NotYoCookiez
12-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Isnt ribbit for bears?

I would love a pet that can help with mana or damage. I dont really need the str or healing ones. What about malison? I was thinking about him cuz he is all around stat but idk

ClumsyCactus
12-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Isnt ribbit for bears?

I would love a pet that can help with mana or damage. I dont really need the str or healing ones. What about malison? I was thinking about him cuz he is all around stat but idk
Malison is a amazing PET with a horrible AA

Dex Scene
12-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Save golds and Get dovabear for great stats and good mana. Also good passive :)

Jazzi
12-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Hiya,

I think that most guides are targeted towards new players, who have no gold at all. Anyway I disagree on Dovabear being the best pet, especially considering its price. It does give good stats, but its arcane ability barely works and its mana regen is just to low at lvl 40+. As of now I have taken Dova out of my pet rotation completely. I think that blinky is currently the best legendary pet for rogue for a number of reasons:
1.It gives crit (very important for rogue) as part of its happiness bonus,
2. It reduces enemy armour by 20% (5% more than dova), which is invaluable for elite maps/planar tombs/planar arena and
3. it practically has innate snare in its passive attack. The latter makes evading mobs much easier and saves you a lot of potions/deaths.

This is a bit over your 100 k budget as well, but much easier to achieve than dova and better in my opinion. Other good pets are:

1. Malison
2. Crawly
3. Loki
4. Ribbit
5. Ethyl
6. Grimm (probably the best mythic pet, although one might argue about slag as it is has a very op aa)
7. Slag
8. Littlebear (crit damage as happiness. Also if you use veil you will have 20% damage buff 50% of the time and those do not stack with pets damage buss, so it practically becomes useless)
9. Kettle
10. Yowie (most probably, but they have made it scale as s mythic one, so you will have to level it to 40 to get its full potential)

Those are all relatively cheap ones. Good luck and better get used to the mana depletion rate :-P

Regards,

Azek

Dex Scene
12-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Hiya,

I think that most guides are targeted towards new players, who have no gold at all. Anyway I disagree on Dovabear being the best pet, especially considering its price. It does give good stats, but its arcane ability barely works and its mana regen is just to low at lvl 40+. As of now I have taken Dova out of my pet rotation completely. I think that blinky is currently the best legendary pet for rogue for a number of reasons:
1.It gives crit (very important for rogue) as part of its happiness bonus,
2. It reduces enemy armour by 20% (5% more than dova), which is invaluable for elite maps/planar tombs/planar arena and
3. it practically has innate snare in its passive attack. The latter makes evading mobs much easier and saves you a lot of potions/deaths.

This is a bit over your 100 k budget as well, but much easier to achieve than dova and better in my opinion. Other good pets are:

1. Malison
2. Crawly
3. Loki
4. Ribbit
5. Ethyl
6. Grimm (probably the best mythic pet, although one might argue about slag as it is has a very op aa)
7. Slag
8. Littlebear (crit damage as happiness. Also if you use veil you will have 20% damage buff 50% of the time and those do not stack with pets damage buss, so it practically becomes useless)
9. Kettle
10. Yowie (most probably, but they have made it scale as s mythic one, so you will have to level it to 40 to get its full potential)

Those are all relatively cheap ones. Good luck and better get used to the mana depletion rate :-P

Regards,

Azek

Read his/her post. Mana is his/her one of the biggest problem.
Dovabear's mana is too low at level 40+ but funny is its still gives more mana than any pet you have mentioned.
dovabear worths the gold.
Yes it has bad AA but good passive and good strength mana and damage boost!!
If mana wasn't the problem we could say little bear (low damage tho), slag (greatest pet in that price rage), gyrm (second greatest pet in that price range) etc aswel.

To op,
I will still say, dnt waste 100k save golds, get dova or slag or gyrm.
Btw: when I play with dova and then I play with blinky, I feel the mana differences widely.

ClumsyCactus
12-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Read his/her post. Mana is his/her one of the biggest problem.
Dovabear's mana is too low at level 40+ but funny is its still gives more mana than any pet you have mentioned.
dovabear worths the gold.
Yes it has bad AA but good passive and good strength mana and damage boost!!
If mana wasn't the problem we could say little bear (low damage tho), slag (greatest pet in that price rage), gyrm (second greatest pet in that price range) etc aswel.

To op,
I will still say, dnt waste 100k save golds, get dova or slag or gyrm.
Btw: when I play with dova and then I play with blinky, I feel the mana differences widely.
Indeed dova is the best pick, but just gonna say that ethyl gives int and damage, plus a useful AA

vawaid
12-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Mana problem? Dont worry, use haunted ring of force / will (recomended).

1500 mana with haunted ring is awesome. I use haunted ring in all my chars.

NotYoCookiez
12-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Mana problem? Dont worry, use haunted ring of force / will (recomended).

1500 mana with haunted ring is awesome. I use haunted ring in all my chars.

This sounds interesing. Where do i apply for one of said rings?

Jazzi
12-19-2014, 11:46 AM
This sounds interesing. Where do i apply for one of said rings?

Hello again,

hauted rings are indeed great, as they have 20 mana regent. I normally use a mythic ring, but do have a haunted one for when I farm locks. In Breckenridge you would never need a single potion in 30 mins of elixir with one of those. Lvl 41 ones were about 5 k last time I checked. Dunno about low level ones. BTW I too would not suggest spending your money on a single pet. I would get a Mali or kettle for now (for their great stat boosts on low lvl) and concentrate on good gear to start farming when u get to lvl 41. 200 k can get u good enough gear to run tindirin elite with little to no problems, except the little longer time investment :-)

Regards,

Azek

grzena1982
12-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Hi there,

If you run out of mana after only a few uses of your skills you need to respec and potentially get a better gear. In terms of pets, especially in the early phase of your development, try to get one that gives u min 10% dmg and mana reg. Remember not to put any points to your passive dmg as they will get wasted. Pick intelligence, dexterity, health and crit all the way.

vlad, flap jack, dova, loki, horton, uries, blight, consider haze (plat)

Once u get ur mana under control get blinky, its a monster.

Jazzi
12-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Hi there,

If you run out of mana after only a few uses of your skills you need to respec and potentially get a better gear. In terms of pets, especially in the early phase of your development, try to get one that gives u min 10% dmg and mana reg. Remember not to put any points to your passive dmg as they will get wasted. Pick intelligence, dexterity, health and crit all the way.

Omg I cant believe I forgot about Horton. Really goood and really cheap that one :-)

deadz
12-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I prefer scrotch promise +25% crit AA of shield, movement speed and a great mana regen.... but it costs plats :-) don't waste money on grimm and slag they are useless I had them both :-)

Jazzi
12-19-2014, 12:45 PM
I prefer scrotch promise +25% crit AA of shield, movement speed and a great mana regen.... but it costs plats :-) don't waste money on grimm and slag they are useless I had them both :-)

Lol nice trolling ;-)

NotYoCookiez
12-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Hi there,

I was thinking about haze. So basically blinky is for more attacking all out and everything else helps with mana and survival?

Viziam
12-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Nexus is a good pet if you're trying to scrimp on mana pots.. But better get used to it. Nexus AA can't even keep up when it gets heaty.

Puffinnn
12-19-2014, 01:49 PM
If mana is that much of a problem I'd buy Jack...

Jack doesnt only give OP mana regen you also get a speed boost. :)

Migzorille
12-19-2014, 07:49 PM
If mana go for malison or if you have plat buy talon