PDA

View Full Version : An ashamed admission ...

GoofyYno
02-15-2011, 10:00 AM
of coming over to the dark side. I finally gave in and did a handful of keeper runs to get XP. Not only that but I bought the XP elixir. I feel so dirty and ashamed. :o I said just until I got to level 52. but then, I ran a stronghold run, and everyone else potted up. I have no will power. The peer pressure got to me and I imbibed too.

But I think I’m on the strait and narrow again. no more money for sex, er gold for points. maybe...

Duke
02-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm guilty of XP potting on my main to get from 48 to 50 with Keeper runs. There's just such a huge difference between level 50 equipment and below, and of course the perennial booting for being a "noob" of level 48.

Kujen
02-15-2011, 10:10 AM
There's nothing wrong with xp elixirs. Theyre an intentional part of the game and lots of people use them. It's not like powerleveling, where you're just running behind a high lvl player, letting them do all the work for you.

FluffNStuff
02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
So far, I have yet to use an XP pot since BS came out.
Finally got to L51 on 3 of my chars this weekend. My main was last. haha.
I kinda like the slow leveling route of playing. Only problem is everything that drops is unusable for me these days since there's always someone a higher level than me :(

I still think there needs to be an option for level max restrictions :)

Max level restriction would be sweet. Coulda sworn that was gonna happen with the last client update. Would be nice to have it for level 10 df runs or level 20 Fathom runs.

Aerospacegod
02-15-2011, 12:36 PM
only problem is everything that drops is unusable for me these days since there's always someone a higher level than me

I thought drop rolls were independent. The higher lvl players get higher drops? x_X

FluffNStuff
02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I thought drop rolls were independent. The higher lvl players get higher drops? x_X

The drop rolls are independent, but the level of the drops are based on the highest player in the dungeon. So if 4 50's are in the map, they get level 51 items, but if a level 53 or higher comes in then all players will get level 55 drops.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
The drop rolls are independent, but the level of the drops are based on the highest player in the dungeon. So if 4 50's are in the map, they get level 51 items, but if a level 53 or higher comes in then all players will get level 55 drops.

Really? That is disappointing. Boot those lvl 56! lol

Aerospacegod
02-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Wow I had no idea, i usually join the highest lvl group I can find just cause their more likely to contribute. Guess if I want items at my lvl I need to pay more attention.

Kujen
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Well I finally got my first pink, a level 53 dex armor. I can't use it, but I wish there was a 55 in our group because I'm sure 55 gear is worth more. Lol

GoofyYno
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM

I didn't realize this either. i thought each drop was individualized for the player. Not that it matters for me- deleting LVL 55 unusable yellow crap is no harder than lvl 51 yellow unusable crap.;)