PDA

View Full Version : Completely confused by crafting

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Anyone has a crafting guide?

So far this is how I feel by the whole crafting feature:

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/instructions_worst.jpg

Looks simple enough but as soon as I have a closer look...

Junside
02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Try the one in FH first. And read everything.

Physiologic
02-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I've released a crafting guide for lv 55 items only, did you try that? If it still bewilders you then is there a specific question you have?

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I've released a crafting guide for lv 55 items only, did you try that? If it still bewilders you then is there a specific question you have?

I will read that. Missed it somehow. Thanks.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Ok. I think that I am confused by some of the components. Do you have to craft other crafting items before you can craft the end result?

Dizzy
02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
hehe, I need to print that diagram up and see how many people I can confuse with it.

The only problem I've had with the system has been with trying to figure out what's a glitch -- recipes named the same as actual items -- and what's just a quirky learning curve.

Near as I can tell it's straightforward: crafting raw materials drop, and you refine/combine numerous drops using recipes that are either free at the forge or are drops themselves, and you then take your refined/combined raw materials to make an item -- once again using a recipe that is either free or a drop.

Scraps and gems and low-level recipes drop in FH for certain, unknown if they drop anywhere else (doesn't look like it though).

BS raw materials are rewards for daily BS quests. Other items like recipes and base gears are very rare drops from BS bosses.

I think I have it...

Yeah, just going to reread Physiologic's guide, as it's ace. :D

ETA:

Ok. I think that I am confused by some of the components. Do you have to craft other crafting items before you can craft the end result?

Yes. Drops in FH and rewards for BS quests are raw materials. You need to refine/combine them at the forge with a (usually?) free recipe.

Physiologic
02-15-2011, 03:21 PM

Yes. I've made an index just now at the end of the guide, you do need to craft other crafting items.

Riccits
02-16-2011, 04:21 AM
crafting was confusing at beginning... now that the descriptions are corrected shouldnt be a problem...
try to make the daily quests and so u can craft the ingredients for crafting lvl 55 pinks. then should be all clear u will c ;)

Ellyidol
02-16-2011, 05:07 AM
I agree, crafting was like WTH at first, but after Phys' guide, it made me understand a whole lot faster. :)

namehere
02-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Anyone has a crafting guide?

So far this is how I feel by the whole crafting feature:

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/instructions_worst.jpg

Looks simple enough but as soon as I have a closer look...
Thats exctly like how i feel about it too!!!