PDA

View Full Version : gold

wvhills
02-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I may be missing something but what is gold really good for besides buying pots? I have a lvl 36 bear and 35 bird and haven't bought anything. Is there somewhere I can buy better gear? Because the drops I get are better than what I've seen that you can buy.

Norbert
02-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Have you visited the Consignment Shoppe in Balefort Castle? Players buy and sell items there that are likely better than most drops you get.

wvhills
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I've been there but haven't really looked through it very much. I've sold one item there and another didn't get bought before it expired. You're probly right when it comes to my bird. He seems weak compared to other birds of a similar lvl but I think I've got some pretty decent equipment for my bear. I'll def check it out more!

Norbert
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I think at that level my bird was using ice gear from Lost Expeditions and mostly that was drops. There's pretty decent armor there (purples are fine) and bows are good enough too. I did supplement here and there from the CS. I wouldn't spend too much until you hit 50 anyhow and those sets have come down in price lately.

Royce
02-15-2011, 02:42 PM
The most common uses for gold are buying items through the CS (all the best gear in the game will show up there at one time or another) or in private trade, buying pots, and buying elixirs. It is also used for buying vendor items (usually not great stuff but cheap), and listing items in the CS

wvhills
02-15-2011, 02:45 PM
So it's not a necessity? Or maybe it is at higher levels when you can use the best gear?

Zerious
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
So it's not a necessity? Or maybe it is at higher levels when you can use the best gear?

competitive pvp and/or twinking is another reason you'd need to be funded.

wvhills
02-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I may get into that after I get built up more. This is still my first time through though. :)
I'll start hording just in case! Lol.

Zerious
02-15-2011, 03:25 PM
good idea actually. Just remember that pinks from Dark Forest and Ancient Swamps are big money :D