PDA

View Full Version : Tip for Bank Vault Joining via "Join Game Search"

Junside
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
When you join a Bank Vault game in progress, you'll end up right where you can be hit by the enemies, and easily die. Here's what I do:

This is for solo only so it's not a solid strategy for parties.

As soon as you enter the Bank Vault, run towards the portal on the other side, which is supposed to be the entrance/back to BB Hideout. Same idea as ignoring the mini bosses in VL lobby.

Go back in through the portal into the Bank Vault and you'll be at a safe distance from the 4 enemies. From here, go 1 vs 1 against each enemy. NOT by attacking and luring, but by walking slowly near one. One you reach proximity within one of them, run back to the little area near the portal. If you're good at soloing, you can kill all of them off one by one.

Alternatively, you can simply just kill the same enemy 4 times by walking out via portal and coming back in.

This is all assuming you're there for the Daily Quest.

Norbert
02-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Very nice, I'll have to try this. You'd have to have the daily quest too, to get back in.

Also, I thought I could join bank vault games at first, but not after the update. Are they still there? I'd assumed people joining were on friend lists.

Junside
02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Very nice, I'll have to try this. You'd have to have the daily quest too, to get back in.

Also, I thought I could join bank vault games at first, but not after the update. Are they still there? I'd assumed people joining were on friend lists.

I was wondering why I get rejected sometimes when trying to go in directly from BB Hideout, but I guess you need the Daily Quest on-hand.

Dizzy
02-15-2011, 03:04 PM
LOL, the first time I jumped into vault from the "join game" screen, I was expecting to spawn in the usual spot and was surprised I ended up in the middle, and of course I was killed instantly. I respawned and got dead even quicker. Did this a few times while frantically trying to hit mana shield before being killed and finally gave up. It was pretty funny, it was like I was on this loop of death I couldn't escape (till I went back to towne) Now I only go into the vault if at least one enemy is dead, then I do OK.

BUT, love your tip. Going to try it tonight. It's really a slam soloing the vault with a lvl 51 pure mage, hehe.

Norbert
02-18-2011, 12:07 PM
...I thought I could join bank vault games at first, but not after the update....

It turns out you need to have 'All' checked in the join games search rather than PvE.

Ursanblessing
02-18-2011, 12:26 PM
to use this tactic, you have to got the quest active! else you cannot walk back

Kujen
02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Most times when I've joined a bank vault game via join game the group kills only the Beargular and leaves :/

Norbert
02-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, he's being heavily farmed for recipes. He's a very quick kill and you can do dozens of rounds in a short time. You can complete the quest by rejoining and still get it done quite quickly. I got a recipe drop yesterday and saw 2 others in maybe an hour's time. I'd guess this is the main reason recipe prices have been dropping.

Also, if you want to farm him, you can complete the quest and not turn it in and still be able to re-enter the easy way. I now take the quest early and then don't turn in till I'm done for the day.

kopi
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
use bear if u want to join thru the join game menu. my bear on full hate can take the bashing and not die

Echelong
02-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I think this is going to get patched soon so help yourself while you can. This feels like a bug.

drewcapu
02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
If there's a bug, it's that you get thrown into the battle instead of the safe zone when joining ;)