PDA

View Full Version : Renting Gear!

Zeus
02-15-2011, 02:58 PM
So I am going to start up a service for renting gear. This will only be available to the most trusted members of the forums, who I trust will not scam. If you want to rent an item but don't want to purchase it for any reason whatsoever, you name it. I'll set up a reasonable price to rent it to you (per day, or per hour, whatever your preference).

Let's hope this gets turned into something big.

Items so far:

Sentinel's Shotgun of Death
Sentinel's Helmet of Death
Sentinel's Armor of Death
Sentinel's Wing of Death
Laser Talon of the Void
Shadow Hax of Hate
Shadow Slicer's of Death
Sniper's Demon Claw (L25)
Winter Festival Toy Man Wand (L15)

Cmandial
02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe in future updates STS can implement a lending system (similar to how runescape does). I know that I would love being able to try an item out before I committed to actually buying one.

Junside
02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
pink BS gear?

Zerious
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
So I am going to start up a service for renting gear. This will only be available to the most trusted members of the forums, who I trust will not scam. If you want to rent an item but don't want to purchase it for any reason whatsoever, you name it. I'll set up a reasonable price to rent it to you (per day, or per hour, whatever your preference).

my question to you: How many members do you actually trust? Not who, just how many... Interesting idea tho, maybe this could be an eventual feature in the game :) like a separate CS, you pay for a certain number of hours, days, etc, the funds are transferred to the owner, then the item is taken directly from the player's inventory. The item is untradeable, unstashable, ungiveable, and cannot be liquidated (as opposed to liquidate for 0). This could definitely take off :D

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM

I hope this works out for you. One advice: do not rent things you are not prepared to loose, even if you trust the person.

Zerious
02-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I hope this works out for you. One advice: do not rent things you are not prepared to loose, even if you trust the person.

I kinda agree there. You wouldn't wanna lose something worth 100s of K's, but at the same time, who'd wanna rent something that's not so good?

Zeus
02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Then again this entire thread is public :), So nobody in their right mind would steal something because the likelyhood of them getting banned is probably big.

Zeus
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM
pink BS gear?

Ah, I can't afford that yet :p, I will work on it though :)

ballersburden
02-15-2011, 03:14 PM
"Renting" is not something developed by PL. So if someone steals something I don't think they will get banned, PL will just say to be careful next time.

Zeus
02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
"Renting" is not something developed by PL. So if someone steals something I don't think they will get banned, PL will just say to be careful next time.

But if you look in recent cases, people who have been doing so, are getting banned.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
But if you look in recent cases, people who have been doing so, are getting banned.

I sure hope it works for you. I must admit I would be very tempted to keep the stuff myself. I been trying to get wraith armor forever and I am always broke (no laughing!). So I would probably not rent it from you because I know myself enough to know I'd feel bad running away with it. LOL Just saying: be careful and experiment with smaller value stuff first perhaps? Dunno...

Zeus
02-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I sure hope it works for you. I must admit I would be very tempted to keep the stuff myself. I been trying to get wraith armor forever and I am always broke (no laughing!). So I would probably not rent it from you because I know myself enough to know I'd feel bad running away with it. LOL Just saying: be careful and experiment with smaller value stuff first perhaps? Dunno...

Well yes, but I'm usually willing enough to give a person a chance at first :)

BeardedBear
02-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Take screen shots of the trade and chat as well for proof.

Zeus
02-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Take screen shots of the trade and chat as well for proof.

Yup :)

/10 characters

Doubletime
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Range -- clean out your PM storage box. You are over the limit and I can't PM you. :)

RedRyder
02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
double-time I don't think he'd rent to youuuu lol. Parth whatre your rates?

Conradin
02-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Hey range- do you mind if I borrow the demons claw? I'm making a dexmage lvl 25 and would Luke to use it.

Doubletime
02-15-2011, 08:17 PM
double-time I don't think he'd rent to youuuu lol. Parth whatre your rates?

lol. I am still trying to figure out how much gold I can get for all Range's stuff in the consignment shop. :)

Zerious
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Hey range- do you mind if I borrow the demons claw? I'm making a dexmage lvl 25 and would Luke to use it.

Sniper's Demon Claw is BEAST!!!!! :D

Zeus
02-15-2011, 09:12 PM

Sure, PM me your rent offer :).

RedRyder
02-15-2011, 09:34 PM
thanks for dodging my question lol. whatre your rates

Kirei
02-15-2011, 09:35 PM
if you get a hate shield i might like to rent it for a bit

Zeus
02-15-2011, 09:38 PM
thanks for dodging my question lol. whatre your rates

Lol didn't see that. It varies per item. I'd like to say a 5 percent rate of the item's value? Per day probably :)

Zeus
02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
if you get a hate shield i might like to rent it for a bit

Might purchase one for you, to rent out :p

Kirei
02-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Might purchase one for you, to rent out :p

im 54, so i dont need it long, so its no biggy if you dont have

Zeus
02-15-2011, 09:46 PM
im 54, so i dont need it long, so its no biggy if you dont have

Allright then, ya I'd prefer not having to purchase it :)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
02-15-2011, 09:49 PM
May I borrow either the laser talon of the void of the sentiel shotgun? (Not right now, kinda busy ATM)

and thank you so much for doing this :)

Zeus
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
May I borrow either the laser talon of the void of the sentiel shotgun? (Not right now, kinda busy ATM)

and thank you so much for doing this :)

The sentinel shotgun is currently lended. The laser talon of void is not :). I will arrange that for you. (The Ballista of Fortune or Mega Blaster or Sunblessed Bow works as a rather awesome replacement for the sentinel shotgun).

DontNerfMeBro
02-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I really appreciate your entrepreneurial idea, really, I do, but I think you're out of your mind. A previous poster mentioned how STS would be completely without obligation to penalize someone who defaulted on a deal and I agree completely.

Now then...something that may possibly allow this plan to make more sense would be through the implementation of collateral in the deal. For example, you state your rate, and haggle on exchanging a piece of their equipment you would feel comfortable with having if the deal fell through. You'd likely have a larger target audience because many players have toons with good gear just collecting dust and they might not mind separating their armor.

Militaryman
02-15-2011, 10:22 PM
The sentinel shotgun is currently lended. The laser talon of void is not :). I will arrange that for you. (The Ballista of Fortune or Mega Blaster or Sunblessed Bow works as a rather awesome replacement for the sentinel shotgun).

Lended is not a word

Erik_is_funny_lol
02-15-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm on now! Id like to borrow laser talon of void pl0x! :)

Zeus
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm on now! Id like to borrow laser talon of void pl0x! :)

Add me on apollo :)

Otukura
02-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Darn... who took the shot btw? I sorta was to play with the new bonuses... :/

Just for 1-2 games tho. 1 CTK and 1 BS.... might just break down, buy it, then sell it again...

MoonYeol
02-16-2011, 12:05 AM
This is such an awesome way to get scammed. If it weren't for the fact that most players who have enough gold to buy the gears, have already owned them before and have no interest in borrowing them, I would suggest depositing about 80% or something of current CS price. Ofc you will have to make a list and update. Then when you get the gears back, you pay 75% (or whatever you want the fee to be..) back to the person who borrowed. This would work quite well. The only person who can "scam" is you and since you're very... Well, you're all over the forum... It won't be a problem. If someone feels like "heck, imma run off with this fine *** piece of weapon", he/she/it won't make any real profit.

That's just ventilating my ideas a bit. Unfortunately it won't work. Only if you're thinking about purchasing the items and want to try them on. Not if you're just going to borrow for farming a few hours (in which scenario you would probably not have enough gold to deposit 80% of the value of a Sentinel Set.)

Zeus
02-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Exactly. This is why I made this renting thread, to those that couldn't afford it. The likelihood of somebody scamming this publicly is almost nil as well. Someone would have to be downright stupid to do it and have a ban wish/wanting to isolate themselves from the community. Hence the reason why I think that this is pretty safe and scam free.

On topic: The sent shotgun and sent armor is now sold!

The sent wing and laser talon of void has been lending out to lightninglord67