PDA

View Full Version : Farming Plasma Pyramid?

MoonYeol
02-15-2011, 04:54 PM
So, I thought I could make a comparison. The new Lv 55 gear seems sweet but the stats look a bit out of balance. Don't you need any h/s if you're a mage? How about the hit%?
Me personally, I'm a sucker for the latest stuff. So I payed overprice to get the new stuff as soon as I could and now I'm broke. Sold my Sentinel and Death set just in time for the Shadow Caves set bonus. Well, enough about me.

Do you like to casually run while watching TV? Is potting up for bosses not the thing you want to do? Do you want a steady income instead of relying on luck? Plasma Pyramid is, since the days just after Tomb of Mynas got nerfed, the place to be if you're a gold farmer.

I'm doing 5 consecutive runs against the clock.
(Sry can't post pics but I'm 50/50 dex/int. The Lv 55 gear really has low hit% so I'm specing dex to counter that.) I'm also wearing a Fine Golden Band of Life. 1 h/s, 1 m/s, 8 armor)
The first 5 runs is with my new setup;

Mega Mage's Gemstone Cowl Lv 55
Mega Mage's Gem Blast Staff Lv 55
Mega Mage's Gemstone Robes Lv 55

And the latter 5 runs will be with; (the reason I don't compare against the Keeper set, is that they're so similar I don't think it will matter and I sold my Cosmos already. Bought a new staff just for this.)

Keeper's Helmet of Shadows Lv 50
Keeper's Staff of Cosmos Lv 50
Keeper's Armor of Shadows Lv 50

The Lv 55 gear feels smooth, it's powerful and I rarely have to wait for the last ones to catch up with me. I always keep moving forward, the only thing keeping me down is I have to kill all of them, the AoE isn't big enough and I can't hit all of the mobs with the Combo.

At 19:28 I'm done with the 5 runs, remake time included. The runs didn't differ with more than a few seconds +/- from the average time (3:54 (?) don't forget I also had to remake the game.). All the runs were within the interval 3:44-3:56, so I didn't feel the need for more runs just to prove a point.

Now for the Lv 50 runs; the gear feels weaker and I feel a lot more fragile. For the first time I have to use pots. I used to run Plasma a lot with this setup and I recognize the feeling. I have to be careful not to run out of hp or mana while using mana shield. Everything gets a bit stressed and my Combos aren't optimal. Sometimes I have to use spells to ward off mobs. Occasionally I have to spam potions because I got into a tight spot. My palms are really sweaty by now.

At 21:14 I'm checking out, 5 runs + remake time. Same here, even though these runs were a bit harder to perform, the deviation from the average time (4:15) was minimal. I kept my eye on the stopwatch and the runs were always about 4:08-4:20

So what's the conclusion? Is the Lv 55 gear worth the while? It feels a lot safer, the 24 extra armor is a huge improvement and 10 m/s more is awesome. Now that the Shadow Set got a little extra something to it, maybe you should hold on to that and just keep the Keeper's Staff. It will do just fine for now. I might make a similar comparison between a Lv 55 Wand/Shield combo vs Shadow Set (Glow Stick/Creepy Doll)...

And the outcome? Average of 23k/5 runs. That's almost 1200 gold/minute with Lv 55 and 1080 gold/minute with the Shadow/Keeper set.

Cheers!

DawnInfinity
02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Interesting stats and nice outcome!

MoonYeol
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Thx, edited a bit for more detail. (Just wanted to reply to get a bump...)

Vallist
02-16-2011, 01:16 AM
:) Thumbs Up!

Hankomachos
04-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I used to do runs in plasma pyramid all the time. Til I stopped gaining XP. ;)

Gaddy
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
@ lvl 55 and wearing a Sentinel Talon Set, It takes me approx 3 minutes to get to the 1st big room (slower than many, I know) in that time I make about 2100 gold, 25x2 pots (1250 gold), and (conservatively) approx 350 gold in gear to liquidate. Give me another 45 sec to stash the pots and rmk... and that's 3700 gold in 4 minutes. That's a much better outcome than I've had elsewhere in the game for straight up gold while soloing.

Sure praying for pinks, while continuing to rack up EXP in the BB Hideout is potentially a much better use of time, but that's just wishful thinking IMO. Also, if you wind up in the wrong noobish game, you can really be wasting your time...

Hawkyboy
04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
PP farming with my lv 55 full int mage

Pre-GCD - best run: 180 sec (65 mobs left)
Now - best run: 190 sec (65 mobs left)

so an outcome of 1200-1300 gold/minute :)

Register
05-15-2011, 11:44 AM
nice....0.0

de8566
05-16-2011, 03:06 AM
very nice ,i can only make 800gold in 1 min .don't know why .

wvhills
05-16-2011, 09:28 PM
they changed the rate that gold drops in plasma pyramid in one of the recent updates. :(
If you look at the date of the previous posts, they were all made before the change..