PDA

View Full Version : AL impossible without IAP?

kayle.barton kayle.barton
12-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Hello, I have played a lot before but have not for a while. I follow on FB and see a lot of people complaining that spacetime studios makes it impossible to play the game without paying somehow. So I am on a Mission to prove them wrong! I am going to play and not pay 1 cent. I am thinking of doing a warrior? What do you think? My goal is to get 1 arcane item of each to prove you can do it without a payment. That means 1 weapon, 1 piece of armor, 1 piece of Jewelry and a pet. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClumsyCactus
12-20-2014, 03:25 PM
There is no arcane armor, and if you go for ANY equipment that is a minimum of 7 million for rogues outdated and worthless daggers, a minimum of 90 million for the ring (Only arcane jewelry), and thats just my guess...
And the worst arcane pet for about 6 millions. Thats a total of 103 millions.
BUT if you instead Wanna be a topgeared rogue prepare to pay about 150-200 Mill, depending on gems.

Oh, and a Edit:
I dont have CLOSE to getting any of the Items i listed, and i have played (a bit lazy but still) since season 3.
Aaaand good luck!^^

12-20-2014, 03:30 PM
What class do you think is the best? I still am a fan a melee in RPG games. What are the best pets for each class and weapons as well?

obee
12-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Good luck it's gonna take you ages.

12-20-2014, 03:33 PM
I work three days a week. I have time

siddhant
12-20-2014, 03:41 PM
gl will take u forever:)

Overweightank
12-20-2014, 03:56 PM
I got 13mil in 3 months without paying :) You can do it too, the mighty Overweight fat boy (me) blesses you ! :)))

Appeltjes
12-20-2014, 04:14 PM
There is no arcane armor, and if you go for ANY equipment that is a minimum of 7 million for rogues outdated and worthless daggers, a minimum of 90 million for the ring (Only arcane jewelry), and thats just my guess...
And the worst arcane pet for about 6 millions. Thats a total of 103 millions.
BUT if you instead Wanna be a topgeared rogue prepare to pay about 150-200 Mill, depending on gems.

Oh, and a Edit:
I dont have CLOSE to getting any of the Items i listed, and i have played (a bit lazy but still) since season 3.
Aaaand good luck!^^

Hj is lower then 6m

NotYoCookiez
12-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Of course it is possible to just play without paying but you have to realize you either spent time or money.

By spending money, it significantly reduces the amount of time you have to spend/increases odds of dropping loot for those that uses lix. It would take an average person wayyyyy longer.

If you have a lot of time, then you really don't need plat.

Titanfall
12-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Gl, when people say its not possible they mean its impossible unless you put in about 1000 hours and have the ability to never get bored.

Migzorille
12-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Good luck youll need it.

For getting an arcane weapon,jewelry and pet you need to have a minimum of like 90m and 90m is hard to get

Caabatric
12-20-2014, 08:58 PM
good luck
you should have said all top gear except arcane ring (much easier)..........
also if you have just started the game you truly wont get this type of gear for at least 1.5 years assuming you spend absolutely no plat...

Stelo
12-20-2014, 11:19 PM
AL is very possible without IAP, but you will have to work HARD. Back when I first started AL, my only source of income was from plat offers. Back when they didn't have Ankhs/Respec Kits I'd buy banners and sell them for 30k each. I've been doing that for a year now and barely got into farming a couple months before the Halloween event. I worked hard farming locks and got up to 300+ locks before the event started. I made a goal to reach at least 5+ locks a day. Then I decided to push myself a bit further by trying out Elites. After a couple days of practice, that was all I started to farm. Now all I do is run Elites/Planar Tombs all the time. You do waste a lot on potions/ankhs, BUT the rewards are worth it! Sometimes I go back to farm KM3/Bracken and eggs, but Elites are my main farming places. Just work hard and you'll get there. Maybe not to the top 1% of players, but you'll be able to have a spot in that working class though.

regizakirs.rs
12-21-2014, 01:24 AM
Best advice spend time elsewhere there is better games. This is pay to win :)

Excuses
12-21-2014, 02:11 AM
I recommend you to make a mage and get Kershal as a weapon, arcane ring as an armor, and singe as a pet which is actually better than some legendary pets.

Or you can get new imbued gear or new mythic amulet in stead of arcane ring. (you said 3 Arcanes. So.)

Good luck. :p

justhell
12-21-2014, 04:25 AM
This is the best time to start...why ? Coz u start play during the event,u can easly touch 1 m for a week from selling locked and farm gear and pet item. After u got some million gold try to find unique item (discontinue item),few ppl doin rush sell for fast gold and keep that item for a while.

Don't forget to save some gold in ur stash,u'll need it after event end to buy some gear for farm or leveling (usually when doin lvl up I just buy gear at lv 10 - 15 - 20 and keep goin like that till lvl 41)

For start char I prefer to use mage (sorc). So easy for lvl up with mage,and after u can reach travel outpost go to watcher tomb (WT) a lot of ppl there will nicely welcome a mage join their party for WT run or u can do solo lvl up run[emoji16] . And if u feel boring doin WT run u can mix with other map (depending on ur lvl).

I never spend real money,maybe I'm not strong / OP mage but so far I'm well geared mage with this way. Hope this help u to achiev u'r target and sorry for my bad english [emoji16]

kinzmet
12-21-2014, 04:37 AM
I already done what you are trying to do, but it took me more than a year. Just don't overdo yourself and enjoy, its what games are for. Goodluck :D

Energizeric
12-21-2014, 05:07 AM
It's safe to say that you need to spend some plat to be competitive but you do NOT need to spend a lot. It just takes hard work and effort. Plat only helps to save time. As many will tell you, it does not guarantee anything.

Dex Scene
12-21-2014, 07:14 AM
Gl. You really need it.
If you do it, do without help of any friends.
Iam kinda tired of some people who goes like I am full mythics arcane now without paying a cent to AL. When actually he got loaned for his mythic armor, he got help in elite hardcore maps so he could get reolled pinks which used to worth 700-800k in auctions, he got loaned to merch..
Anyway keep up and GL buddy!

kinzmet
12-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Gl. You really need it.
Iam kinda tired of some people who goes like I am full mythics arcane now without paying a cent to AL. When actually he got loaned for his mythic armor, he got help in elite hardcore maps so he could get reolled pinks which used to worth 700-800k in auctions, he got loaned to merch..

Totaly disagree with loaned or help on elites. Since nobody trusted me to loaned there things when I was starting. A month of farming tooth, buy breeze sell for 3m. Not really hard to do.

Dex Scene
12-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Totaly disagree with loaned or help on elites. Since nobody trusted me to loaned there things when I was starting. A month of farming tooth, buy breeze sell for 3m. Not really hard to do.
A player who starts from 0 cant go to tombs... and i didnt talk about you. There are some people in my friend list.

scychogost
12-21-2014, 09:33 AM
well, to get the best gear possibl will take you a loong time, only arcane ring is at minimum 75M
but it is possible to have a very good gear without spending any plat, i am full mythic and i never did. good luck with that !

Sir Lubo Penev
12-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Good luck. :) But remove the "one piece of jewelry", as that means arcane ring. Plus, there is no arcane armor. Try myth weapon + imbued set armor/helm + planar pendant + a pet like Hammerjaw.

regizakirs.rs
12-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Gl. You really need it.
Very well stated and I agree a 100 %