PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress one Handed weapon

Psiorian
04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I found a bracer, shield like weapon for an enchantress requiring int to wear. I was wondering if anyone knew if there were one handed weapons for an enchantress?

se99jmk
04-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I found a bracer, shield like weapon for an enchantress requiring int to wear. I was wondering if anyone knew if there were one handed weapons for an enchantress?

Oh! I was going to ask about that too.. Definitely mage focused ( and not bad stats!), but not come across 1 one-handed mage weapon yet..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/242144/photo.jpg

se99jmk
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
From the upcoming frozen area (25+):

LOOT!:
Frozen shields, frosty armor, frozen blade weapons, and numerous enchanted weapons that do additional 'Freeze' damage to targets can be found in "The Lost Expedition." Along with icy crossbows and frozen blades you will find some special Enchantress weapons (Ice Wands and Frost Staves).

So, frozen wands presumably would be 1-handed?

SPACEMTIMEDAD
04-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't know the answer to the specific question. All I know is the game is COOL and Spacetime is responding to all questions pronto. I'm making tracks .l.. and hope they keep updating. This is outta sight!

hansonr55
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I think that the magic class should be able to wear bracers regardless of if they are using a one handed (wand - don't know if they exist) or a two handed (staff) weapon.

se99jmk
04-11-2010, 02:20 AM
A weapon + offhand was quite a common combo in WoW, so not surprised to see it here. 2h usually would be more damage, 1h + offhand would be more balanced stats..

Having said that, the choice of bracers is odd, would expect something like a Tome..

Psiorian
04-11-2010, 12:55 PM
I found a one hand weapon. Fire wand. So it does exist! I thought in wow it was the other way around. More sustained dps from 1h off hand. And more stats from staves. At least for spell casters.

Gigahertz
04-12-2010, 06:00 AM
yea i found a fire wand too, if they add trading to the game any of you can have it for free =)

lorielana
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
There are a lot of one-handed weapons, they're all called something with "wand". Usually a wand does a bit less damage then a staff but if you use a good bracer its pretty good anyway...

[Lt] Shiny
12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
All wands for mages are one handed; leaving you room for Eyes. (int shields)

Guolin
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I believe the first in-game Pink one-handed mage wep is the Stormstrike Wand, which you can get from a Wyldwood quest. Wand + bracer combos are great when you need a bit of extra defense and Int, but you sacrifice lots of AoE damage.

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I believe the first in-game Pink one-handed mage wep is the Stormstrike Wand, which you can get from a Wyldwood quest. Wand + bracer combos are great when you need a bit of extra defense and Int, but you sacrifice lots of AoE damage.

There is also the levels 5-10 Toy Maker Wands.
There is also a super rare level 15 frost wand. It was a literally one time drop, the wand goes for like 10-20 million its that valuable. I think there is only one known in the game.

Libria
12-25-2010, 01:28 PM
There are a lot of one-handed weapons, they're all called something with "wand". Usually a wand does a bit less damage then a staff but if you use a good bracer its pretty good anyway...
Less damage per shot, but wands are usually faster and often do more damage per second (DPS). Plus whatever armor, +H/s, +M/s, crit, dodge, etc from the Bracer/Eye.

omnipresence
12-27-2010, 01:19 AM
Less damage per shot, but wands are usually faster and often do more damage per second (DPS). Plus whatever armor, +H/s, +M/s, crit, dodge, etc from the Bracer/Eye.

The wand may be faster but most of an enchantress' damage comes from the AOE skills. The max weapon damage (not DPS) influences the max damage the AOE skills will have. It's a big trade off to have more armor.

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 10:12 PM
The wand may be faster but most of an enchantress' damage comes from the AOE skills. The max weapon damage (not DPS) influences the max damage the AOE skills will have. It's a big trade off to have more armor.

Especially in PvE. I found that Dex/Int split is actually helpful in PvE recently. The Int is to clear mobs fast, but if your all Int, 1v1 soloing bosses takes forever. If you split 50/50 Int/Dex you will still clear mobs fairly fast and kill bosses faster too.

Kossi
12-27-2010, 10:13 PM
you guys know this thread is like...8 months old...

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 10:43 PM
you guys know this thread is like...8 months old...

So are like the other 300 threads. This isnt helping the guy who made it but the ppl posting additional questions in the thread recently.