PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec Guide (55).

Ellyidol
02-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Guide is no longer relevant, to know how to Dual Spec, please refer to the original guide:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.

Kossi
02-15-2011, 07:43 PM
woot! this will come in handy soon! :) +1

Arterra
02-15-2011, 07:50 PM
one day, near 55, this will matter to me. since im decked in ao2 gear anyway, im good :) thx for updating dual spec guides tho!

Ellyidol
02-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks guys! Hope it helps and you get to help as well! :)

gray
02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I recently, found some possible glitching, so I'm not going to explain, I don't want the devs to fix anything haha

Ellyidol
02-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I recently, found some possible glitching, so I'm not going to explain, I don't want the devs to fix anything haha

Most dual spec-ers know about it.

It has something to do with your load outs? If that's the case, devs know about it too.

Junside
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm looking into this, see if it helps my bird with PVP. I've been getting beaten by bears and mages left and right. :( I can't seem to kill them in one combo.

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm looking into this, see if it helps my bird with PVP. I've been getting beaten by bears and mages left and right. :( I can't seem to kill them in one combo.

Going dual works for some, others still prefer the pure dex and just work on their range practice.

It might be your combo sequence. Bears are harder to beat than mages, IMO. But int mages (maybe even some pallys) shouldn't be a problem if you can use your range right. 2-4 skills and they should be dead.

Junside
03-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Going dual works for some, others still prefer the pure dex and just work on their range practice.

It might be your combo sequence. Bears are harder to beat than mages, IMO. But int mages (maybe even some pallys) shouldn't be a problem if you can use your range right. 2-4 skills and they should be dead.

Well there may be several factors. One being that I'm using green equipment when the only feasible option seems to be Raid Roach for dex builds.

The other being that both mages and bears, are dodging my attacks at a ridiculous rate. I was so surprised. All I see on top of a bear and mage's head are

DODGE
DODGE
DODGE
DODGE

And after, it's just a standoff of normal attacks and cooldowns until death.

Right now I'm a dual spec warbird and it's a bit of an improvement. Thanks for the help! I did have to respec again though because I was off by one point.

Ellyidol
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
I see.

When you were off by a point? What was the figure? :)

Pharcyde
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
one day, near 55, this will matter to me. since im decked in ao2 gear anyway, im good :) thx for updating dual spec guides tho!

And that day of 55 has come ;)

Genes
03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Each load out cost 2plats. So each time we change from a Mage to a pally, we have to pay 6plats?

KingFu
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Each load out cost 2plats. So each time we change from a Mage to a pally, we have to pay 6plats?

No, load outs are free. You get 4 of them and are aloud to use them as much as you like, without the cost of plat or gold:)

Genes
03-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry if I sounded stupid but I'm a little confuse.

With all the lv55 helms, weapons, armor having 173 requirements. At lv55 and if I respec to 138/138. After adding the booster sets, it gets to only 170. There are only 3 remaining stat points left for me to play around. So to wear the warrior equipment on a bird, I would have to allocate these 3 points to make it 173. Which means I can only go one way, say respec a bird to wear a lv55 warrior equipments and not back to a lv55 bird equipment since I'm short of 3 points back to being a bird? Unless I go to lv56 to get the extra stat points?

Ellyidol
03-11-2011, 08:49 PM
This isn't the first time I got questions like yours, so I'll post a more detailed guide when I get home.

The key here is using the loadouts. The loadout equipping allows you to bypass the 173 req and use 170 instead.

Genes
03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Thank you ellyidol. Looking forward to your updates

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Added a "How To" section with screenshots for details.

Also added/updated some parts of the guide so its easier to understand how minimums and loadouts work.

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Updated and edited again, hopefully this lessens confusion even more.

Guide should be easier to read through and understand now.

Genes
03-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Done!!! I'm a duel spec bird now! Woots! Thank you so much Ellyidol!

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Done!!! I'm a duel spec bird now! Woots! Thank you so much Ellyidol!

Glad to hear that :)

What build did you use? If its not kept for pvp ;)

Genes
03-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm pretty new to the jargons used in this forum. What do you mean by build? If it's stat points, I used 138/138 as adviced and I see what you mean when you said this is not the minimum. 138/138 is more of a convenience. I'm not into pvp yet and maybe when I start pvp battles I'll tweak it again to get my optimum stats.

For now, a bird with more defence when i solo a map makes things easier.

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes build means stat/skill points :)

Ellyidol
03-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Major update:

I messed up on the 138 value. 138 + 32 = 170 wouldn't allow you to use an orange/green helm, but 139 does.

So for everyone who's read and/or is using the guide, PLEASE use 139 as the minimum IF you are using a +32 booster set (osiris/horus/thoth).

139 allows you to equip even an orange/green as a 55 helm, 139 only allowed you to use a purple/pink helm for it to work.

I'm REALLY sorry to those who wasted respecs on this, I didn't notice it until just now.

139 should definitely work, tried and tested numerous times.

I also replaced all the screenshots with the new 139 stat.

Again, I'm VERY SORRY for those who wasted respecs on 138 and it wouldn't work.

Right now I'm a dual spec warbird and it's a bit of an improvement. Thanks for the help! I did have to respec again though because I was off by one point.

I finally just found that one point, sorry for not noticing earlier.

Genes
03-13-2011, 06:35 AM
My stats using 138/138 is fine with lv55 orange or green helm. Allows me to equip them

Ellyidol
03-13-2011, 06:37 AM
My stats using 138/138 is fine with lv55 orange or green helm. Allows me to equip them

You must be using different boosters, the +32 ones aren't enough. :)

One Rift/Void/Cosmos into those boosters should make it work though.

Genes
03-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeh, I used a rift to temporary boost it from 170 to 173 strength and a void to boost to 173 dex to equip all 173 equipments.

So 138/138 is still feasible, don't need to waste plats to restat to 139/139. Just
buy these +11 stats equipements if you don't have 1.

Ellyidol
03-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeh, I used a rift to temporary boost it from 170 to 173 strength and a void to boost to 173 dex to equip all 173 equipments.

So 138/138 is still feasible, don't need to waste plats to restat to 139/139. Just
buy these +11 stats equipements if you don't have 1.

So what exactly is in your booster loadouts?

The only reason I say 139 is to be able to use all Osiris/Horus/Thoth with no confusion :)

Genes
03-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi ellyidol, I was trying out the boaster sets I have again. I get what you guys mean. I can't equip 2 handed orange and green lv55 weapons because I'm off by a point. So yes, 139/139 should be the way to go now if orange and green gears are important to you.

Genes
03-14-2011, 01:09 AM
I can't seem to find any other permutations of booster sets to solve this 1 point difference.

Ellyidol
03-14-2011, 01:35 AM
If you tell me your exact booster sets, might be able to help :)

But yeah, generally the values (139) here are only based on using Osiris/Horus/Thoth set alone. 139 isn't the very minimum, just in this case :)

Wushu
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
...139 isn't the very minimum, just in this case :)

What do you think is the minimum for a warbird go on Str? I've played around with the dual spec and can easily use 139/140 for Str/Dex, but I can't seem to figure out a reasonable booster set to go any lower than 130/149.

Moogerfooger
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Have I mentioned yet, Mr. I'm-On-a-Boat-With-7-Guys-I-Know, how much I am liking the dual-spec Str/Dex build?

Ellyidol
03-15-2011, 07:31 PM
What do you think is the minimum for a warbird go on Str? I've played around with the dual spec and can easily use 139/140 for Str/Int, but I can't seem to figure out a reasonable booster set to go any lower than 130/149.

If you're going warbird and using str gear only, I can say the minimum is much lower :)

I remember using less than 120 on my bear to get to my 55 gear. Booster A to use Booster B to boost to 55 gear. :D

Have I mentioned yet, Mr. I'm-On-a-Boat-With-7-Guys-I-Know, how much I am liking the dual-spec Str/Dex build?

Yeah I see that with you switching :P

jrseventeen
03-28-2011, 08:19 AM
hi,

i was experimenting to see if i would be able equipt lvl 55 items to my dual str/int 55 mage with 138 str. and i did!! (with out manual equipt, just thru loadout)
here are my boosters:

* equipt first helm ->sword->armor->shield then save loadout
loadout 1: my boosters

helm: lvl 45 conquerer mynas helmet (req 138 str)- + 7 str
sword: lvl 45 zuras plasma sword (req 142 str) - +9 str
armor: lvl 50 power armor of the rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
shield: lvl 50 skull shield of rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
total str after my loadout 1: 176

loadout 2: my 55 equips

helm: lvl 55 fury helm (req 173 str)
sword: lvl 55 body guard's gemstone axe (req 173 str)
armor: lvl 55 fury plate (req 173 str)
shield: lvl 55 body guard gemstone shield (req 173 str)

i was able to loadout from naked to loadout 1 to loadout 2 with out error or manually equiping

based on my trial and error, it seems load out first equips and compute stat from helm-> weapon -> armor-> shield in order
i have tried rift helm, rift sword, armor 45 osiris, shield 45 osiris but this combination failed to loadout

i would post pictures (video if possible)
i hope there would be some who can try and feedback my trial and error is true

i have no lvl 40 osiris helm (req 123 str/ +8 str), i think this will allow lower str (may be 135 or 136 str) to loadout lvl 55 equips and would allow int to be updated to 143 or higher. which will now allow to dual spec at lvl 55 using 45 thoth eqpt -> lvl 55 eqp.

note
this set up was only tested only on my mage. it is up to you if want to respec and try this
not sure if this will work for other class

all comments, opinions and suggestions are open

regards,
ANTHRAXED

Ellyidol
03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
hi,

i was experimenting to see if i would be able equipt lvl 55 items to my dual str/int 55 mage with 138 str. and i did!! (with out manual equipt, just thru loadout)
here are my boosters:

* equipt first helm ->sword->armor->shield then save loadout
loadout 1: my boosters

helm: lvl 45 conquerer mynas helmet (req 138 str)- + 7 str
sword: lvl 45 zuras plasma sword (req 142 str) - +9 str
armor: lvl 50 power armor of the rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
shield: lvl 50 skull shield of rift (req 158 str) - +11 str
total str after my loadout 1: 176

loadout 2: my 55 equips

helm: lvl 55 fury helm (req 173 str)
sword: lvl 55 body guard's gemstone axe (req 173 str)
armor: lvl 55 fury plate (req 173 str)
shield: lvl 55 body guard gemstone shield (req 173 str)

i was able to loadout from naked to loadout 1 to loadout 2 with out error or manually equiping

based on my trial and error, it seems load out first equips and compute stat from helm-> weapon -> armor-> shield in order
i have tried rift helm, rift sword, armor 45 osiris, shield 45 osiris but this combination failed to loadout

i would post pictures (video if possible)
i hope there would be some who can try and feedback my trial and error is true

i have no lvl 40 osiris helm (req 123 str/ +8 str), i think this will allow lower str (may be 135 or 136 str) to loadout lvl 55 equips and would allow int to be updated to 143 or higher. which will now allow to dual spec at lvl 55 using 45 thoth eqpt -> lvl 55 eqp.

note
this set up was only tested only on my mage. it is up to you if want to respec and try this
not sure if this will work for other class

all comments, opinions and suggestions are open

regards,
ANTHRAXED

138 works for you because of your loadouts (139 from guide only works as minimum from +32 loadouts). :)

Yup, the stat calculations work in that order.

It takes the stat bonus of the helm, applies it first, then equips it if you have enough. Which works the same way with the rest, in order.

So technically, you could wear a helm with xx (xx being the amount of stat points the helm gives you) less stats than the helm requirement. :)

The 56 crowns do this so well. Especially in using them as boosters :)

Healarious
03-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Is it possible with the Level 56 helm, to dual wield 2 items from each stat at the same time? Like being able to equip a Dex Talon/Wing, and a Str Helm/Armor?

Ellyidol
03-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Is it possible with the Level 56 helm, to dual wield 2 items from each stat at the same time? Like being able to equip a Dex Talon/Wing, and a Str Helm/Armor?

2 55s no, but lower levels, maybe. Haven't been able to test that, I'll see what I can do :)

45s you might be able to use 1/2 pieces. 50s, doubtful.

Hullukko
03-31-2011, 04:08 AM
I fail to understand the need of a green helm and rift/void/cosmos pieces.

I go from initial str of 137 to 169 with all an osiris set and I then kick in all fury which loads fine from a loadout (even though as such I couldn't equip any of the fury items with a 169 str, unless I first throw in some rifts/hates ofcourse).

I noticed that by accident and I thought it was common knowledge, but your guide seems to use rift/void/cosmos in between needlessly. Or maybe I'm just confused. If this is all good and well known then sorry for the noise.

Incidentally the 137 allows me to either switch to a dex crown or go two handed (I like the hammer for it's looks). But the main issue of course is loadout limit of four. With that I can flip flop with fury and mega staff without manually equips between changes. Handy for pve. For pvp pallies probably drop to 125 (osiris+hate will still get you to 173) or below but then there's no going backs, but I dunno about that enough. Let the pvp pallies speak for themselves.

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 04:18 AM
I fail to understand the need of a green helm and rift/void/cosmos pieces.

I go from initial str of 137 to 169 with all an osiris set and I then kick in all fury which loads fine from a loadout (even though as such I couldn't equip any of the fury items with a 169 str, unless I first throw in some rifts/hates ofcourse).

I noticed that by accident and I thought it was common knowledge, but your guide seems to use rift/void/cosmos in between needlessly. Or maybe I'm just confused. If this is all good and well known then sorry for the noise.

Incidentally the 137 allows me to either switch to a crown (137 + 3*12 = 173) or go two handed. But the main issue of course is loadout limit of four. With that I can flip flop with fury and mega staff without manually equips between changes. Handy for pve. For pvp pallies probably drop to 125 (osiris+hate will still get you to 173) or below but then there's no going backs, but I dunno about that enough. Let the pvp pallies speak for themselves.

The Rift/Void/Cosmos pieces are only used for initially manually equipping your 55 gear loadouts.

137 + 32 = 169, correct. But 169 isn't enough to manually equip your 55 gear to put into your loadouts in the first place.

Also, 137 is the lowest possible for a +32 boosting set IF your 55 helm is purple/pink.
That's taken from the assumption that the loadouts add the stats that items give first, before actually equipping them. So in your case:

137 + 32 = 169

169 is using a +8 Osiris Helm.

Moving on to a loadout of a Fury Set, that means your Fury Helm is +12 Str and 173 str req.

Using the assumption, your loadout applies the +12 str first before actually equipping the Fury Helm, which moves your 169 (8 Osiris) to 173 (12 Fury) which shows the increase of +4. Since 173 is also your requirement for the rest of the gear, everything else just equips and your final str should be 12 more str of 173 which is 185, if I'm not mistaken?

139 is used because it allows green/orange 55 helms to be used, which only gives 10 stat points - which explains why its 139 and not 137 in your case. Pink vs green/orange. :)

The crown also really helps with dual spec-ing because it:

1. No stat req., how good is that? Booster + Final gear right there.
2. 14 Stat Points over the 12 from normal pinks.

I tried to make the guide applicable to both normal 55 players (no pinks yet, just oranges/greens/purples) and established 56 players (crown, pinks).

Hope I got stuff right? :D

Hullukko
03-31-2011, 04:56 AM
Nah, you got it right the first time. I was too quick to jump to (wrong) conclusions there as I noticed you putting on voids and rifts with 139 to get to the 173, but after I read it more carefully that was indeed only to get them on once to save the loadouts.

Like I said, sorry for the noise.

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Nah, you got it right the first time. I was too quick to jump to (wrong) conclusions there as I noticed you putting on voids and rifts with 139 to get to the 173, but after I read it more carefully that was indeed only to get them on once to save the loadouts.

Like I said, sorry for the noise.

Nothing to be sorry about. :)

Now that you've mentioned it I might actually add the loadout assumption to my first guide, thanks!

Jayche
03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
if im doin warbird, should i pre dex first then pre str second?

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
if im doin warbird, should i pre dex first then pre str second?

Since your warbird, you want to use Str gear. So it's pre str > str gear.

When you want to go Dex, you go pre Dex > Dex gear.

If your talking about loadouts, just choose whichever is more comfortable to you, pre Str first or pre Dex first :)

Jayche
03-31-2011, 10:58 PM
got it. so order doesnt matter. another question, lets say: im gonna use r roaches talon/wing and use fury helm/armor, is that possible?

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 11:00 PM
got it. so order doesnt matter. another question, lets say: im gonna use r roaches talon/wing and use fury helm/armor, is that possible?

Yup, order of loadouts shouldn't matter.

The only order is the "pre gear" or "booster" gear before your final gear.

Pre str = Str Gear
Pre dex = Dex Gear :)

And no, I wouldn't think its possible to wear dex/str armours and weapons at the same time. Stats/bonuses just aren't enough. :)

Jayche
03-31-2011, 11:12 PM
hmm thought so, thx elly. gota lvl and farm now haha.

Ellyidol
03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
hmm thought so, thx elly. gota lvl and farm now haha.

No problem, good luck! :)

Jayche
04-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Elly if its not to much to ask, can you tell me which pre str/dex items will I need right off the bat, for a warbird? Thx.

Ellyidol
04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Elly if its not to much to ask, can you tell me which pre str/dex items will I need right off the bat, for a warbird? Thx.

This guide uses Horus booster sets.

In other words, +32 (4 pcs of +8) booster sets.

Ellyidol
04-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Added a new section to explain the "Loadout Assumption".

"Loadout Assumption"

To fully understand how to Dual Spec, you must understand how loadouts work.

More than loadouts just being a quick-gear-changer, it is also a handy way to being able to get away with a few stat points.

That said, the basic loadout assumption is,

"Loadouts calculate the stat bonus of the gear in the loadout before actually equipping them. From helm, to weapon, to armour, and to shield (if ever). This being said, loadouts allow you to equip gear that you would manually not be able to."

To explain better, here is an example:

I will be using a +32 Osiris (4 pcs of +8 Str Booster Set) and 1 Fury Helm as an example. This also justifies why I say use 139 as a minimum amount in this guide.

So you start off with 139 Str.

You use your Pre-Str (+32 Osiris Set) Booster Loadout to get to 171. Given by 139+32 = 171. This booster set shouldn't even have a problem manually equipping them one by one, since each Osiris piece only has a requirement of 138, lower than your 139 Str.

Once you have 171 Str, you will see in your Helm section, that you cannot manually put on your Fury Helm because of its 173 requirement.

Using the loadout assumption, however, allows you to put on that helm despite not being able to manually put it on. This will need your equipment using the Fury Helm to actually be in the loadout in the first place. (Will be shown later in the guide).

Why does it allow you? Basing from the loadout assumption that "Loadouts calculate the stat bonus in the gear before actually equipping them", the stat points actually give you enough to use the gear.

When you have your Str booster set on, 139+32=171, you are using a +8 Str Osiris Helm. Your Fury Helm has +11 Str, 3 more than what your Osiris Helm does.

Due to the loadout assumption, that +3 Str from the Fury Helm is calculated in before it actually equips the gear making your actual Str 174 (171 + 3 from Fury Helm), which is more than enough for your 173 Fury Helm requirement.

174 is a point higher than the 173 requirement because 139 allows you to do the same with Green/Orange Helms which only give +10 of a stat.

The same works for weapons/armours/shields, although they are the least likely to be used in calculating since the 55 Helms have the same requirement as all of them. So if you are able to keep your Helm on, the rest of your equipment shouldn't be a problem.

Hope its understandable, let me know :)

dankndecay
04-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Ellyidol,

Do you know what the minimum stat for the auto loadout to load a saved gear set? What I mean by this is as follows: My 55 warbird is currently set up as 133str/146dex. He has a 4pcs cyber void set configuration saved in loadout. He can load the 4pcs cyber void set without any stat pumping gear. So when I select Void Set, boom my bird puts it on with no issues. I cannot do that with my 4pcs rift set. Currently I have to put on a str base set, then load rift set, and finally put on BS set. Another words do you know how low I can dial down the dex and still have my 4pcs cyber void set loadout without stat pump gear?

Wushu
04-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Ellyidol,

Do you know what the minimum stat for the auto loadout to load a saved gear set? What I mean by this is as follows: My 55 warbird is currently set up as 133str/146dex. He has a void set configuration saved in loadout. He can load the void set without any stat pumping gear. So when I select Void Set, boom my bird puts it on with no issues. I cannot do that with my rift set. Currently I have to put on a str base set, then load rift set, and finally put on BS set. Another words do you know how low I can dial down the dex and still have my void set loadout without stat pump gear?

Let me get this straight -- you want more STR and less DEX on your warbird? That seems counter intuitive for a warbird.

If you are using Cyber Skull of the Void (req 157 DEX, +11 DEX), then I believe 146 is the lowest DEX number.
If you are using Jacob's Helmet of the Void (req 154 DEX, +11 DEX), then I believe 143 is the lowest DEX number.

My base stats are 129 STR/155 DEX as a lvl 56 warbird. At lvl 55, it was 129 STR/150 DEX.

kamikazees
04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Ellyidol,

Do you know what the minimum stat for the auto loadout to load a saved gear set?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that 125 is the lowest possible score one can have and still get to wear 55 equipmant. If I understand how it works, it would require some very specific eq purchases:

125, then equip 3 pieces of +7 eq, brings you to
146, then equp 1 piece of lvl 45 +8 eq (not helm), brings you to
154, then equip 1 piece of lvl 50 +11 eq (the helm), brings you to
158, then equip 3 pieces of +11 lvl 50 eq, brings you to
169, then equip 4 pieces of lvl 51-53 +12 purple eq (req 167!), brings you to
173, then equip your 55 gear.

I did a quick cs check, and it appears the +12 purple eq gear set runs about 200k. In exchange, and assuming I am right, you get 4 points. Expensive... yes. the minimum... yes? Having the highest possible dual spec character... priceless?

SUPAPRODIGY
04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
what do u think has the best dual specs Birds Mages or tanks

Ellyidol
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
@darkndecay

Wushu got it right.

Your void loadout is instant because your dex, 146, is enough to put on the gear through loadouts.

146 str would be needed for a cyber rift helm, 143 for Jacob rift.

Or you could do, 130 strength for Osiris helm, Osiris Sword, (by this time your strength should be 146), then a cyber rift/power rift armour, and a cyber rift/normal rift shield.

Just always remember that for a loadout to work, it's X (stat requirement of gear) - Y (amount that the helm gives) = the amount of stat points you should have.

157 (stat req for Cyber Void Helmet) - 11 (Dex it gives) = 146 (dex you should have).

@kamikaz

I think he's asking for the minimum stat to make loadouts work, so he needs it to only go through one loadout.

That process is for allowing the minimum amount of stat points just to keep gear on (no switching or everything comes off).

To avoid all that work, I suggest just spending 4 plat (2 if you already qualify).

1. Respec to pure str (or enough to go from one loadout to final gear).
2. Put on final gear.
3. Respec your str down to the minimum needed, 173.

That way your str is as low as it can go just to keep your 55 gear on.

dankndecay
04-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Sorry for a late thanks for all that help answer my question.

Ellyidol
04-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry for a late thanks for all that help answer my question.

Not a problem, any more questions feel free to ask here, others might have the same question too :)

skavenger216
05-04-2011, 04:11 AM
I recently decided to dual spec my bear, your guide helped a lot! I don't think I could have figured it out without it! I love having my tank build still, and switching to my bow gear and out DPS-ing mages on bosses. Definitely adds a lot of versatility to my bear. Thanks again elly!

Ellyidol
05-04-2011, 04:43 AM
I recently decided to dual spec my bear, your guide helped a lot! I don't think I could have figured it out without it! I love having my tank build still, and switching to my bow gear and out DPS-ing mages on bosses. Definitely adds a lot of versatility to my bear. Thanks again elly!

Always good to hear that :p

You're welcome!

F1zzzzp0p
05-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice guide
Helped me alot!!

TreyPocca
05-22-2011, 01:11 PM
First off, an excellent guide and much useful information. Though, I feel there is a dual bear build that have not gotten any attention on the forum (maybe because its no good).

I am running with this str/dex bear:

Lvl: 54
Str: 158
Dex: 160
int: 1
Hit: 110 %
Crit: 29
Dodge 9
Health: 709
Regen: 16
Mana: 430
Regen: 8
Damage: 123 - 126
DPS: 312
Armor: 136

Gear: Guardian Hate armor, fine platinum band of bravery ring (1% crit / 11 damage) w/ pink Metallic Stilletto of Destiny

With damage and amor buffs;

Damage: 183 - 186
DPS: 462
Armor: 166

Thought about upgrading to fortified gemstone then reaching lvl 55. Any advice in regards wether to keep this build, switch to fortified gemstone or something else?

Ellyidol
05-22-2011, 01:15 PM
First off, an excellent guide and much useful information. Though, I feel there is a dual bear build that have not gotten any attention on the forum (maybe because its no good).

I am running with this str/dex bear:

Lvl: 54
Str: 158
Dex: 160
int: 1
Hit: 110 %
Crit: 29
Dodge 9
Health: 709
Regen: 16
Mana: 430
Regen: 8
Damage: 123 - 126
DPS: 312
Armor: 136

Gear: Guardian Hate armor, fine platinum band of bravery ring (1% crit / 11 damage) w/ Metallic Stilletto of Destiny

With damage and amor buffs;

Damage: 183 - 186
DPS: 462
Armor: 166

Thought about upgrading to fortified gemstone then reaching lvl 55. Any advice in regards to keep this build, switch to fortified gemstone or something else?

A Str/Dex bear isn't just good, it's the best build for bears :)

About what gear you want to use, what kind of bear do you want to be? I have a short guide on PvE Gear for 55 Bears in my sig (55 PvE Warrior Gear Guide), so it might help :)

TreyPocca
05-22-2011, 02:16 PM
A Str/Dex bear isn't just good, it's the best build for bears :)

About what gear you want to use, what kind of bear do you want to be? I have a short guide on PvE Gear for 55 Bears in my sig (55 PvE Warrior Gear Guide), so it might help :)

I am open for different builds of bears and have read all the guides. I state that fortified gemstone gear would be an option, though I feel it is lacking the crit stats for an attack bear. I like being more than just a tank.

The main reason for posting was b/c, I was most curios as to why my build is not mentioned or ever seen in-game. This made me question the build even though I like it as I can do damage (especially when enemy armor is down/lacking) and tank...

Zeus
05-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I am open for different builds of bears and have read all the guides. I state that fortified gemstone gear would be an option, I feel it is lacking the crit stats for an attack bear. I like being more than just a tank.

The main reason for posting was b/c, I was most curios as to why my build is not mentioned or ever seen in-game. This made me question the build even though I like it as I can do damage (especially when enemy armor is down/lacking) and tank...

Fortified is excellent in the DPS category. Crit is a bonus. I have yet to find a better set for PvP on my bear due to this. I find it to be an attack set as well due to it's 2 percent extra hit as compared to normal fury gear. The dodge is not that big of a difference as opposed to fury, thus making me more inclined towards fortified as to fury.

TreyPocca
05-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Fortified is excellent in the DPS category. Crit is a bonus. I have yet to find a better set for PvP on my bear due to this. I find it to be an attack set as well due to it's 2 percent extra hit as compared to normal fury gear. The dodge is not that big of a difference as opposed to fury, thus making me more inclined towards fortified as to fury.

I do not PvP much - but I would take a high crit build over additional DPS any day. We need a stats simulator based off game mechanics discovered so far IMO...

CryoBlade
05-22-2011, 02:46 PM
A full Fortified Set wouldn't be too good for PvE because of its lack of hit%, but the damage is great and the survivabilty is very high.

Zeus
05-22-2011, 09:47 PM
A full Fortified Set wouldn't be too good for PvE because of its lack of hit%, but the damage is great and the survivabilty is very high.

I can get 94 hit with fortified. I rarely miss :).

Otukura
05-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Ah, but you Parth spend 4 plat everytime you want to equip it again.
I'd say 92 hit if you didn't.

And what, 42 vs 68 buffed dodge? Big diff ;)

I'll still agree with you that it's amazing in PvP, bears with normal sewer/fury mix are no problem, just a bit annoying due to dodge.

Ellyidol
09-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Closing thread, this thread is no longer relevant.

To read more about Dual Spec-ing, please refer to the original thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.

T (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?13772-Dual-Spec-Guide.)hanks guys!