PDA

View Full Version : Why does no one like AO3?

Aerospacegod
02-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Can't ever find groups playing x_X

Royce
02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure. Haven't tried playing there much lately. I would imagine that there are still people running Crush the Keeper (XP farming map), but most people are probably just playing the new campaign, and tired of AO3 after months of it being the cap ;)

Zeus
02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure. Haven't tried playing there much lately. I would imagine that there are still people running Crush the Keeper (XP farming map), but most people are probably just playing the new campaign, and tired of AO3 after months of it being the cap ;)

Oddly enough, for some reason A03 just seemed to rush past me, unlike A02 which dragged out for me. I thoroughly enjoyed A03 and wasn't bored with it :p

MoonYeol
02-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Can't ever find groups playing x_X

There are a few reasons why nobody likes AO3 anymore;

1. People are tired of the maps.
2. There is absolutely nothing to farm there. I get a few invites to Victory Lap each day and I'm like, nah screw it. The original sets may still be pretty valuable but Lv 50 regular sets (previously premium) just lost their shine.
3. Even if the mobs are quite easy to whack, they give less gold (or drops liquidated) than Plasma Pyramid. So for gold farming PP is better.

So AO3 is simply not enough in any way. Not enough challenge, not enough reward, not enough excitement.

Otukura
02-15-2011, 11:57 PM
My personal favorite map.. still playing it. I just LOVE how the OL looks, such bright and eye pleasing colors, IMO.

Physiologic
02-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Are you talking about Crush the Keeper or Victory Lap? There should be plenty of Crush the Keeper games going on, albeit a declining volume since more people are reaching level 53 (where you get no XP from the map).

As for Victory Lap, expect low to zero volume due to the Hate/Death/Shadows recently added set bonuses. There's a rising number of Shadow Cave games but I'll expect this to be short-lived as attempting to get those equips are near-impossible and extremely gold/potion-consuming. In a little while, Victory Lap runs will spawn again (for people who want to go back to farming original lv 50 set equips and those tired from doing Crush the Keeper for XP).

MoonYeol
02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Are you talking about Crush the Keeper or Victory Lap? There should be plenty of Crush the Keeper games going on, albeit a declining volume since more people are reaching level 53 (where you get no XP from the map).

As for Victory Lap, expect low to zero volume due to the Hate/Death/Shadows recently added set bonuses. There's a rising number of Shadow Cave games but I'll expect this to be short-lived as attempting to get those equips are near-impossible and extremely gold/potion-consuming. In a little while, Victory Lap runs will spawn again (for people who want to go back to farming original lv 50 set equips and those tired from doing Crush the Keeper for XP).

Dammit, I feel all soft and emotional compared to you. A stone cold analyst. There will probably always be a few Crush the Keeper games up. When someone lvls his/her first up to 55, maybe he/she will start up the next Lv 50-55. But as for Victory Lap, I don't know. It might be doomed, it might not be. Regular Lv 50 sets might be the, hands down, best choice if you're aiming for Lv 55. Cyber is way too time consuming, Hate/Death/Shadow is too expensive and the road from 50-55 isn't that long.

So a few nostalgic players will probably be doing VL in their shiny Lv 55 pinks, just because they wan't a bit less excitement than Sewers offer.

I would love to see the trend in Shadow Cave games. First of all you can create games as you wish unlike when they were released and second, people have their 55's, bears have 30-40 more armor(?) and insane dodge, birds have a lot more dps/dmg and mages have 20-25 more armor + a huge m/s regen and higher base dmg. Shadow Caves shouldn't be all that bad. If only the drop rates were higher.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Dammit, I feel all soft and emotional compared to you. A stone cold analyst. There will probably always be a few Crush the Keeper games up. When someone lvls his/her first up to 55, maybe he/she will start up the next Lv 50-55. But as for Victory Lap, I don't know. It might be doomed, it might not be. Regular Lv 50 sets might be the, hands down, best choice if you're aiming for Lv 55. Cyber is way too time consuming, Hate/Death/Shadow is too expensive and the road from 50-55 isn't that long.

So a few nostalgic players will probably be doing VL in their shiny Lv 55 pinks, just because they wan't a bit less excitement than Sewers offer.

I would love to see the trend in Shadow Cave games. First of all you can create games as you wish unlike when they were released and second, people have their 55's, bears have 30-40 more armor(?) and insane dodge, birds have a lot more dps/dmg and mages have 20-25 more armor + a huge m/s regen and higher base dmg. Shadow Caves shouldn't be all that bad. If only the drop rates were higher.

Also, when the first Lv50 Vyxnaar Helm picture shows up in the forums (it does exist!), I'll think there will be a larger influx of Shadow Cave farming, especially after everyone reaches 55/56 :)

Fyrce
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM
First, are you looking at the right campaign? It's called Trials of the Galactic Overlord. If you tap the world map, tap Host Games and tap the right/left arrows, you will see the names of available campaigns.

There seem to be lots of Overlord games as far as I can tell. Usually lots of Crush the Keeper, then Captive Audience and a smattering of the rest.

Besides that, Balefort Sewers, the new high level area, was just released and crafting was just released. I'd imagine lots of people are exploring those right now. There might be more Ao3 games once people level some more. Also, if they add a new Oasis town, which is rumored, with new quests, that would up the population some. And if they add crafting items there...