PDA

View Full Version : Chat system fix.

Serancha
12-21-2014, 02:21 PM
When can we expect to see this "smart" chat system fixed, or preferably removed totally?

If you (the developers) watch the video from the tournament yesterday, you will clearly see the problem with it. Every single time Remiem wanted to talk, she had to first delete /partychat, unless she had replied to someone, in which case she had to repeatedly delete "/tell playername" to speak. Remiem, can you please describe to the devs how annoying this was?

Now if you watch this video and see her keep trying to talk, and then having to delete the auto-commands, you will get a hint of how frustrating this is to us. Now try to imagine you are running a guild, and have people constantly pming you along with /guildchat, /partychat, /officer, /tell reallylongname. It needs to be dispensed with, not forgotten about in hopes we'll get used to it. Nothing this time-consuming and game-interrupting is ever going to get gotten used to.

Dogma
12-21-2014, 11:02 PM
It feels like this chat system is a bug that seems it wont ever crawl away.

+1

Hail
12-22-2014, 02:19 AM
I will not even say how many times I have said something to the wrong person. :rolleyes:

Dogma
12-22-2014, 03:57 AM
I will not even say how many times I have said something to the wrong person. :rolleyes:

If i had a gold coin for everytime ive made wrong chats, i'd have an arcane ring.... times three!

Madnex
12-22-2014, 05:21 AM
In every single twitch video that the devs/mods themselves are playing, it's obvious how annoying the chat system is - even to them. Remove it or add an option to disable it at least.

Remiem
12-22-2014, 01:28 PM
We definitely feel your pain here. I'll make sure that it gets near the top of the list for Quarter 1 next year. :)

Energizeric
12-22-2014, 03:45 PM
The idea of the new chat system is great, the problem is it doesn't work properly. It should remember the last thing you typed only. Instead, once it gets something in memory it just keeps repeating over and over. If I type /p for party chat, then the next time I try to chat I have type /p again. It doesn't start to remember until I've done it about 5 times, and then it seems to remember it much longer than I want it to, and that's when it becomes annoying and you have to start deleting it.

Serancha
12-22-2014, 04:39 PM
i have to disagree with it being a good idea. I change chat targets way too often for this type of thing to be useful, as do most people I know.

If it was going to remain, it also should be only the first letter, not the entire command. And IF they do that, yes, it would have to only remember the last thing you said.

YouDoom
12-22-2014, 04:52 PM
make a radiobutton for "guildchat" "partychat" "whisper" "normal"

so we can set what chat we need at that time..
on guildchat window we can use /officer..
on normal chat window at pvp we can use /all..

Soundlesskill
12-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks for finally fixing the annoying chatbox placement on iOS 8!

Wrong thread, maybe, but there it is :P.

Azageeber
12-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I have this problem too. It's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery annoying :(