PDA

View Full Version : Buying plat with amazon gift cards help

programmed
12-21-2014, 06:41 PM
I have a $50 gift card on amazon so I decided to take advantage of the plat sale before it's gone. I go to the PL site and click purchase, then chose PL, then how much plat I want, then I type my login to PL and to amazon. Then I get to the payment method and find there is only options to chose different credit cards to use and not a option for gift cards. Have any of you used amazon cards to buy plat? I did it a long time ago and it worked so I don't know why it isn't now.

anahadaz
12-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Have you tried to purchase in the game instead of the website?

programmed
12-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Have you tried to purchase in the game instead of the website?

In-game only let's me go through google play and I don't have a google play card. I went ahead and entered a credit card though and figured out I can set my amazon account to always use the gift card before the credit card but it still tried to take it off the credit card and said my purchase was declined so I emailed support, maybe they can do something.

angeldawn
12-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Did you get this working?

I have never done it but I assume you can use the pay with amazon account button. But I'm assuming that u have to log into amazon first and redeem the card on their site.

programmed
12-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Did you get this working?

I have never done it but I assume you can use the pay with amazon account button. But I'm assuming that u have to log into amazon first and redeem the card on their site.

No it hasn't worked, I should be getting a response from support sometime today I hope. I do have the card redeemed on my amazon account, I can't get it to take the money from the gift card nor is there an option to use a gift card anymore.

angeldawn
12-22-2014, 08:38 AM
I just tried the amazon button to see what happened. And I have to log into my amazon account the all my standard info pops up

Payment method comes up. Can you change the payment method to a gift card? I don't have a gift card so only credit cards pop up.

Update; I just googled it and amazon payments doesn't allow you to use their gift cards for third party vendors :(

anahadaz
12-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Fortunately in the past sts have given people the plat at the discounted price if they miss the sale due to issues like this.

programmed
12-22-2014, 08:45 AM
I just tried the amazon button to see what happened. And I have to log into my amazon account the all my standard info pops up

Payment method comes up. Can you change the payment method to a gift card? I don't have a gift card so only credit cards pop up.

Update; I just googled it and amazon payments doesn't allow you to use their gift cards for third party vendors :(

Really? They don't allow payments like that anymore? :\

angeldawn
12-22-2014, 08:53 AM
This is what I found

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/df67a9eeafc1f9a8f741833217c4d584.jpg

programmed
12-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Well I guess I won't be getting plat like I had hoped then.

anahadaz
12-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Wow that's some serious bs.

for the lulz
12-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Look on the bright side , now u can spend it on something real :D like maybe a book or something! i suggest reading michael crichton's jurassic park 1 and 2 , prey and airframe. That is if you're into science fiction , mystery and action. The hunger games series is really good too ! The new heroes of olympus will come out soon as well :)

programmed
12-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Look on the bright side , now u can spend it on something real :D like maybe a book or something! i suggest reading michael crichton's jurassic park 1 and 2 , prey and airframe. That is if you're into science fiction , mystery and action. The hunger games series is really good too ! The new heroes of olympus will come out soon as well :)

I own most of those books already. I already know I'll be getting enough books for Christmas and recently bought some that I still am not done with. I always get books and figured I'd try something new. I'll probably just spend it on a case for the tablet I just bought and some new toys for my birds.

Electrophiles
12-22-2014, 01:52 PM
or u can ask someone nice enough to trade ur $50 amazon for $50 itunes...^^

decompile
12-22-2014, 03:27 PM
I own most of those books already. I already know I'll be getting enough books for Christmas and recently bought some that I still am not done with. I always get books and figured I'd try something new. I'll probably just spend it on a case for the tablet I just bought and some new toys for my birds.
Woot! I suggest spend it to birds^^ animals r nice^^ i have a cat ^^ 113382
Btw, any one else got message tht time has been stopped? I guess xmas nvr come now :c
Merri xmas u all ^^

Sheugokin
12-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Woot! I suggest spend it to birds^^ animals r nice^^ i have a cat ^^ 113382
Btw, any one else got message tht time has been stopped? I guess xmas nvr come now :c
Merri xmas u all ^^

Wot?

and Angel, dat swaggin' iPhone 6 doe.