PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Managing Tips in PVE for Birds

Junside
02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm still practicing this myself to make it a regular part of my fighting sequence. These tips will hopefully help you to kill mobs even better. I'd like to think of this as an intermediate-advanced tip so it won't be fun to do at first.

Although most times, people simply unleash all their skills on random targets, there are little bits of action to add that can improve how much damage you can pull off.

The main point of this thread will revolve around the Cruel Blast Combo. And since this is our only powerful aoe attack, I find it best to utilize it wisely.

It's a simple tip if you think about it, but it can make a big difference.

This is an example of a bad setup. You have a group surrounding you and you're targeted on someone farther away. If you Cruel Blast from here, you'll only kill a few.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-128.png
What you can do here is first use Shattering Scream. Then change your target to one that's closer. Blast shot's radius and Shattering Scream's radius are not in the same exact place so switching to someone closer before using Blast Shot will let you hit more enemies.

Here I switched targets to a troll that was closer after using Shattering Scream. After so, use Blast shot.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-131.png

Here is a tip for plasma pyramid. These corners in Plasma Pyramid are good for making mobs form a circle around you. Don't make it your priority to reach every corner or else you might take a lot of unnecessary damage. The red circle is Shattering Scream's radius, and the white line is who I would change my Blast Shot target to. The melee enemies that are right next to me will also get it, and the blue archer farther away would still get hit.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/micromanagepyramid.jpg
If you find yourself stuck and cannot run away, use Thorn Wall to make the enemies stop attacking and adjust your position for the best result.

Everything here requires practice and I won't list a lot of information since by the time you decide to do this, you should have a well understanding of how to use your bird.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Many times in pub games I see archers using Blast Shot first and THEN Shattering Scream...I think those archers don't frequent the forums at all and don't know that combos exist :( Not to mention Shattering Scream also debuffs armor, making Blast Shot more damaging.

Also, why do you have 0 pots :p

Junside
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Many times in pub games I see archers using Blast Shot first and THEN Shattering Scream...I think those archers don't frequent the forums at all and don't know that combos exist :( Not to mention Shattering Scream also debuffs armor, making Blast Shot more damaging.

Haha dude I'm poor. That's why I stopped joining your game, needed to do plasma runs. I stashed all my pots.

Beanmachine
02-18-2011, 08:40 AM

Because he's bad *** xD

adwin
02-25-2011, 01:30 AM
It's always a pleasure to play with someone who knows what he's doing.
I've been doing some BS runs today, and a very nice party formed at one moment.
The host was a 55 bear, I'm 52 bird, and 3 mages (1 mage was replaced by another archer at some point).
Beakon + SS + damage combo = epic win
We averaged ~5 minutes/run.

Major
02-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Good work. That's a nice helpful guide.