PDA

View Full Version : Babrax the Demon --

geush
02-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Goals for Babrax the Demon quests in Fathom Crypts ambiguous.

One of the quests in Fathom Crypt from Vora says to Destroy Babrax the Demon. I checked out the levels in Fathom Crypt without the aid of the forum and it was obvious I needed to run level 3 based on the title containing Demon:

Fathom Crypt-1: Bring on the Pain
Fathom Crypt-2: Deeper Shade of Pain
Fathom Crypt-3: Demon's Bane

Sure enough, I found Babrax waiting at the end, to no avail.! Turns out Babrax is /also/ the boss of Fathom Crypt-2 , and that is the only Babrax who will satisfy the quest.

Babrax the Demon w/o Pitchfork: Fathom Crypt-2
Babrax the Demon w/ Pitchfork: Fathom Crypt-3

It would be nice if this ambiguity could be resolved in-game. Meanwhile, if anyone else is confused about why they ain't completing this quest -- Try running Fathom Crypt 2 :).

-geush

Junside
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
What most people do is select "GO TO" in the lower left hand corner(for android devices anyway) and it'll bring you exactly where you need to go to finish the quest. But I agree that it can be confusing.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
He also prematurely appears in Forest Haven and Dark Forest :p Though as Junside had said, they implemented the GO TO... button for location reasons.

Duke
02-16-2011, 01:50 PM
The quest descriptions for Barbax specifically say to:

Quest 1 - Defeat him without his pitchfork (FC2)
Quest 2- Defeat him with his pitchfork (FC3)

geush
02-16-2011, 01:53 PM
@Duke -- Not in game , they are quite vague and mention Babrax generically -- also there is no obvious way to tell if he has or hasn't a pitchfork, or that that is even important.

@Others -- I agree about the GOTO button, but I thought it was taking me to the wrong place b/c I was convinced I needed to find the Demon -- who is clearly on level 3 :).