PDA

View Full Version : Where do YOU play Pocket Legends?

Cassric
02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Show us where you play Pocket Legends in this month’s video contest! The more recognizable, unique, or iconic the better. Think of backgrounds with landmarks like the Grand Canyon, the Empire State Building, or maybe even the temple at Angkor Wat! Just remember to make sure you’re in the shot :)

Begin the video by saying “Where do YOU play Pocket Legends?”
Then say “I play Pocket Legends… (the location of your video)”. Examples might include: “…in front of the Eiffel Tower “, “…on a Ski lift”, or “…at the Opera”.
Finally, be sure to end the video with your favorite tag line. Examples: “Pocket Legends… It’s like World of Warcraft in your Pocket” or “Pocket Legends… Play with Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime”

Here’s a sample video by our very own, “Thade”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJ58mI3Jr0

PRIZES!

PL shield and 800 Platinum for the most interesting, fun, and unique submission to be determined by Spacetime Studios.

All participants will receive unique, white antennas!
(Have you been holding on to all the different antennas? They may be useful soon…)

We reserve the right to give out other prizes based on the submissions :cool:

To Enter:

Video Length: 10 – 30 seconds
Follow the script above. (Note: You can come up with your own tag line if you like.)
Video must have the following tags: #spacetimestudios, #pocketlegends, #androidmmo, #iphonemmo, #mobilemmo
Video must pre-pend the description with: “Please visit www.pocketlegends.com for more info!”
Don’t identify yourself in the video (Don’t say your real name or in game name, age, etc.)

Email Support@spacetimestudios.com with the subject “Where do YOU play Pocket Legends?” from your account email address with the following information. Note: By entering your video and submitting your information for this contest to us via email you grant Spacetime Studios permission to use the contents of the video and your likeness for promotion purposes.

Pocket Legends Account Email Address
Character name for in game rewards
Forum name
Link to video (posted on http://www.youtube.com/)

** All submissions must be received by Tuesday, March 15th, midnight. We will announce winners within 1 - 2 weeks of the contest end date. More to come on that soon.

The entries thread can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20407-Where-do-YOU-play-Pocket-Legends-ENTRIES&p=218037#post218037

Below is the legal stuff. Have fun with the videos, we look forward to seeing your submissions!!

Submission Agreement

This is the agreement of Space Time Studios LLC, a Texas limited liability company located on the Internet at Spacetimestudios.com ("SPACETIME"), and you ("Submitter").

This Submission Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into as of the date of acceptance, as provided below, by Submitter.

The Submitter desires to furnish SPACETIME with one or more sets of source or object code, API’s, or designs or processes for such source or object code, API’s, DVD/CD-ROM Content, multimedia software, network code, or other audio, graphic, or audio-visual assets (any of the foregoing, jointly or severally, the "Content") for review and consideration for publication by SPACETIME, on, in, or in connection with SPACETIME’s online game now known as “Pocket Legends.”

It is a condition to SPACETIME's acceptance, consideration, and possible publication of the Content that Submitter agrees to the following terms and conditions:

1. During the period in which it is considering the Content, SPACETIME shall take its standard steps to keep the Content confidential. SPACETIME agrees to take security precautions of at least the same degree of care that it takes to protect its own similar confidential materials. Notwithstanding the previous two sentences, SPACETIME or any of its affiliates may disclose all or a portion of the Content if requested or required in connection with litigation, civil investigative demand, or similar process.

2. For the purposes of this Agreement, no part of the Content will be treated as confidential, and the requirements set forth in Section 1 above will not apply if it: (a) has previously been independently disclosed to, or developed by, SPACETIME or any affiliate of SPACETIME; (b) was or hereafter becomes part of information made known to the public; or (c) hereafter becomes available to SPACETIME on a nonconfidential basis from a third party which, in SPACETIME's reasonable belief, is not, at the time such material is provided, under any conflicting legal obligation to Submitter.

3. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Pocket Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

4. In the event that SPACETIME determines, in its sole discretion, that Content provided by Submitter may be added to, integrated into, or otherwise included in Pocket Legends and for related purposes, then Submitter will be deemed to have granted SPACETIME an irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid, right and license in and to the Content for purposes of use of Content in Pocket Legends, other products or services or SPACETIME, and for institutional purposes for and for the benefit of SPACETIME. The license includes all rights under copyright, and the full right to modify, edit, revise, or otherwise alter the Content. Submitter hereby waives all moral rights he or she may have in and to the Content. The license granted hereunder includes, without limitation, the right for SPACETIME to make derivative works based on or incorporating Submitter’s Content.

5. When and if SPACETIME utilizes Content, it will endeavor to provide recognition of Submitter on it Pocket Legends Internet Site; provided that failure to do so will not be a breach of this Agreement. Consideration of the Content by SPACETIME, and the recognition set forth in this Section, is the sum total of consideration to be provided to Submitter in connection with rights granted herein. SPACETIME will be under no further obligation to enter into a relationship with Submitter; however nothing in this Agreement shall preclude the parties from entering into future negotiations with respect to Content or further services from Submitter. SPACETIME shall have no obligation to return any Content to Submitter.

6. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; ; (ii) Submitter has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey to SPACETIME the Content and the rights granted herein, (iii) no use of Content as provided herein by SPACETIME or its designee(s) will infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party; (iv) Submitter has the right and authority to enter into this Agreement with SPACETIME and (v) no outstanding agreements exist, whether written or implied, which are inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Agreement.

7. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to the conflicts of law principles thereof. Any action arising out of this Agreement will be brought only in the State of Federal courts located in Austin, Texas, and Submitter expressly consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the foregoing courts. In addition to any recovery, the prevailing party in any action will be entitled to an award of its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in connection with any action.

8. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. No waiver or modification of any of the terms of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by each of the parties hereto.

9. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be declared invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or unenforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement, it being hereby agreed that such provisions are severable and that this Agreement shall be construed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provisions were omitted.

10. It is a material provision of this Agreement that Submitter represents to SPACETIME that he or she is over the age of 18 and fully authorized and capable of entering into this Agreement and being legally bound thereby. But for Submitter making this foregoing representation to SPACETIME, SPACETIME would not enter into the Agreement with Submitter.

ACCEPTED AND AGREED UPON BY SPACETIME.

SUBMISSIONS POSTED IN THE THREAD BELOW AGREE TO BE FULLY BOUND BY THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Thade
02-16-2011, 02:48 PM
I expect way better entries than my terrible example!

Ginger jokes will get you banned. Just saying. =D

Cassric
02-16-2011, 02:52 PM
All aboard the SS Pocket Legends!

romgar1
02-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Sweet something I can do, finally. :)

If Trade bans cassric will justs ban thade?

drewcapu
02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I tried to play PL from the Great Wall of China around Thanksgiving, but couldn't find a hotspot :(

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 02:55 PM
You look gangsta, Thade.

Going to go sign up for bungee jumping lessons to film my video there. If I never log on the forums or PL ever again you know what happened :(

Aerospacegod
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Is there a water proof ipad case? I could take it with me during scuba classes :)

Edit: what's the deadline?

Zeus
02-16-2011, 03:10 PM
The beach and pier will be mighty useful for this. Thanks thade! ^.^

Cassric
02-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Sorry, forgot the end date. I edited the original post to include it. Contest submissions end on Tuesday, March 15th by midnight. We'll announce winners shortly thereafter.

Conradin
02-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Reserved. Sweet

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Interesting...
Will think about this one...

Cascade
02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
You have got to be kidding me....What's with the video contests! Please do a contest that is easier to do...

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
You have got to be kidding me....What's with the video contests! Please do a contest that is easier to do...

It helps them advertise... So win win.
I think this one is a helluva lot easier than the last one. Even I can probably manage a 15-30 sec video ;)

Aerospacegod
02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
How many people are going to be honest and video themselves on the can?

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM

Ugh I hope not.

And am I right in assuming we don't have to actually be in the video? Just our voice?

Oops nevermind just saw that we do have to be in it. So much for recording it myself. And I'm not likely to get anyone else to do it for me -- I'd be too embarassed for anyone I know to see me making a video for a game.

Zeus
02-16-2011, 03:23 PM

I was thinking of that! Then I decided to do something more visually appealing :p. The beach. :)

Kossi
02-16-2011, 03:26 PM
D: i dont want to show myself for all of youtube..

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Yeah now that I think about it... Friends and family could come across it. Nevermind -- not worth the prizes to have eternal mocking lol.

Aerospacegod
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I was thinking of that! Then I decided to do something more visually appealing :p. The beach. :)

I was of course talking about the silo painted as a beer can in Ak...where else?
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/ar/ARLAVbudcan_carlson.jpg

Thade
02-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Pft. Ya laugh it off and go on your way Les. I got the flack here in the office when I was shooting that. No problem!

Cassric
02-16-2011, 03:33 PM
We will have a variety of contests, not only video :) The cool thing is lots of phones and devices these days come with built in cameras so folks that play our game don't need anything outside of what they use to play the game.

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Pft. ya laugh it off and go on your way Les. I got the flack here in the office when I was shooting that. No problem!

Lol yeah but Thade it's your JOB. You don't need any other excuse/explanation for it ;)

DanielRH
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Cool contest! And les, leave the poor guy alone :) lol nice sample vid! :)

Cassric
02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm totally gonna make one too, I just have to think of a good landmark. I think I have some ideas...

Ayrilana
02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Just wear a mask? I only briefly read over everything and don't recall anything saying your face must be visible but only that you must be in the video.

hawkei
02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm totally gonna make one too, I just have to think of a good landmark. I think I have some ideas...

On the couch xD

Cascade
02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Its not the fact that I don't have the resources to make a video...Its the fact that I don't want my face published on youtube

Zeus
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Its not the fact that I don't have the resources to make a video...Its the fact that I don't want my face published on youtube

Just put your voice in the video :p, don't worry about anything else :)

hawkei
02-16-2011, 03:49 PM

Just where a batman suit no one will ever know.....

Physiologic
Just wear a mask? I only briefly read over everything and don't recall anything saying your face must be visible but only that you must be in the video.

http://www.bleudame.com/images/2047_on_md.jpg

Shutters help hide your face in place of a mask :o

Cassric, I sent you a PM btw, feel free to answer at your convenience.

hawkei
Just put your voice in the video :p, don't worry about anything else :)

Shhhh parth I really want him to where the costume

sabermage
02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I like to play on the toilet. Might make for some good effects...

hawkei
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I like to play on the toilet. Might make for some good effects...

Lol! Don't we all..

Arterra
02-16-2011, 03:59 PM
i need a beanbag chair... with cup holders... that warms up... EPIC

Echelong
02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
interesting contest. I should post my 1337 skillz at playing while watching backyardigans, giving my kid a bottle of milk answering a call from my wife all at the same time I am grinding exp on BS and having my kid on my lap -_-.

King Richie
02-16-2011, 04:07 PM

I do it everyday =) !!

Dizzy
02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
All participants will receive unique, white antennas!
(Have you been holding on to all the different antennas? They may be useful soon...)

!!!

I'll do one. Heck, all my friends and family already know I'm a nerd, no use trying to hide it now, hehe.

Now to come up with the perfect location...

Cassric
02-16-2011, 04:13 PM
omg shutters, lol. That is an amazing picture.

Kingofhurtz
02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Well im certainly considering doing this contest but theres a few things i need to know first: Do you have to have a YouTube account to be able to participate (to upload your video) and also, if anyone has a Kodak Playsport, how to upload a video from it and get it onto YouTube...or if i'm able to do it via memory card from my phone...or i could email it to myself from my phone...any recommendations?

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Cool contest! And les, leave the poor guy alone :) lol nice sample vid! :)

Huh? What did I say?

Echelong
02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Well im certainly considering doing this contest but theres a few things i need to know first: Do you have to have a YouTube account to be able to participate (to upload your video) and also, if anyone has a Kodak Playsport, how to upload a video from it and get it onto YouTube...or if i'm able to do it via memory card from my phone...or i could email it to myself from my phone...any recommendations?

I believe you need a youtube account but you can use your google account to log into youtube and use it.

Artemis
02-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeahhhhhh i refuse to post my face on youtube. Theres the haters. Gotta love them. Then theres the pervs lol

SUGGESTION! How bout we just post a pic of our Ingame char sayin Where they play and edit the background? That way people can put there guy on the toilet and not get banned:)

Cassric
02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Up to you if you don't wanna be the face that promotes Pocket Legends :) I think plenty of folks will want to be.

Artemis
02-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Idk my char is pretttyyy good looking :o she could totally be the face of pl

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 05:05 PM
If Justin Bieber can post her face on yt, anyone can.

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Man, I have to do this contest. Need white antennas. roarr.

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Btw the mask thing -- on Halloween, sure -- but not gonna go take a video out in public in a mask ;)

It's too bad -- living in NYC, there's no shortage of landmarks.

Can we do it without our face in it for the antennas, at least?

Cassric
02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Come on Les, I need an Empire State Building or somethin :)

Zeus
02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Btw the mask thing -- on Halloween, sure -- but not gonna go take a video out in public in a mask ;)

Nuh uh! California is better then NYC!!!!

Zeus
02-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Come on Les, I need an Empire State Building or somethin :)

Cassric, how about a beautiful view of the beach, or a video on the pier.

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I just got an awesome idea, if you'll allow our faces not to be in it. Hell, I might do it anyway and see what happens.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 05:23 PM

ha, I was thinking of hitting some landmarks in NYC as well. If I see some chick on a device playing PL and recording herself on top of the Empire State Building or Central Park I'll holla.

Cassric
02-16-2011, 05:27 PM
So, remember when you post to YouTube do not use your real name, in game name, or forum name as your YouTube account name. Also, when we post entries on the forums, we will not connect them to players by using their forum name or any other identifying information. Submissions will remain anonymous to all but Spacetime Studios.

Zeus
02-16-2011, 05:30 PM
So, remember when you post to YouTube do not use your real name, in game name, or forum name as your YouTube account name. Also, when we post entries on the forums, we will not connect them to players by using their forum name or any other identifying information. Submissions will remain anonymous to all but Spacetime Studios.

This might interact with the player's behind the characters thread. Pretty easy to figure out most entries :p.

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
If my youtube channel's title is a derivation of only my first name, would that be a problem? Or should I just get another youtube account?

Cassric
02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
The difference is: that was their choice :) We, Spacetime, won't divulge it to others.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
If my youtube channel's title is a derivation of only my first name, would that be a problem? Or should I just get another youtube account?

I'd just make a new yt account altogether since they're very easy to create, which is what I'm doing.

Thade
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I think that would be fine. We're just trying to make sure those that want a greater level of Anonymity can get it. We're trying to make sure everyone who wan'ts to participate can.

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
ha, I was thinking of hitting some landmarks in NYC as well. If I see some chick on a device playing PL and recording herself on top of the Empire State Building or Central Park I'll holla.

Lol maybe we should record each other?
Hmmmmmmmm....

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I'll probably just end up making a new YouTube account anyway. My PL guide is on my usual channel.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Lol maybe we should record each other?
Hmmmmmmmm....

Let's totally shotgun this idea. I'll be recording on a train to NY, you record yourself in central park, and we both meet and record both of us on the Empire State Building.

EAST $YDE REPRESENT

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Let's totally shotgun this idea. I'll be recording on a train to NY, you record yourself in central park, and we both meet and record both of us on the Empire State Building.

EAST $YDE REPRESENT

I actually have a different idea but don't want to post it on here -- people may steal it ;)

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
*where do YOU play PL?*
*I play PL at the WHITE HOUSE*
*Cutscene with man on toilet*
*Ewwwwww*
*Play PL anywhere, anytime, and on the toilet*

Joke. anyway, does anyone else play PL on the toilet? I do, sometimes.
This video contest will be totally awesome.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I actually have a different idea but don't want to post it on here -- people may steal it ;)

As long as vids are posted continuously like the other event, people will take various ideas from different videos, fine-tune them and make them better - so just submit your entry near the end :p

Zeus
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
As long as vids are posted continuously like the other event, people will take various ideas from different videos, fine-tune them and make them better - so just submit your entry near the end :p

That's what I am going to do :p, I learned from last contest :).

Cassric
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
I am guilty of having played in the boys room, lol.

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Me too. I usually play on the potty when I PvP and I gottta go.

Klemen
02-16-2011, 06:05 PM
perfect for a sig :p

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I was thinking about it too.

Zeus
02-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I was thinking about it too.

Nah, keep steph's signature. It's just soo much better. If you remove it... Her pimp hand might come to haunt and slap you.

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Nah, keep steph's signature. It's just soo much better. If you remove it... Her pimp hand might come to haunt and slap you. Nobody said I couldn't have two sigs ;) and that pimp hand...ouch.

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Nah, keep steph's signature. It's just soo much better. If you remove it... Her pimp hand might come to haunt and slap you.

Lmao. :rolleyes:

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey can we do a joined effort? Or only one of us would be able to get the prize? Can we split it? (We'll break the shield in half ;) )

hawkei
02-16-2011, 06:19 PM
If Justin Bieber can post her face on yt, anyone can.

Lol"her" tells a lot about what you think of him

giayuan
02-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I got a great idea.. muahahaha

Any ideas what the antennas will be used for? exchange for.. items? idk
And if a full set of antennas is needed, im doomed D:

Artemis
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
perfect for a sig :p

Aww i wanted that as a sig :(

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM

Maybe a recipe to turn them into rainbow antennas (like Pharcyde suggested)?
But yeah, I'm missing orange so I hope it doesn't require every last one.

Zeus
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM

Rumors are that they will be used to be "crafted" into wait for it..... RAINBOW ANTENNAS!!!!!!!

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Rumors are that they will be used to be "crafted" into wait for it..... RAINBOW ANTENNAS!!!!!!!

Beatcha to it! :)

Zeus
02-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Beatcha to it! :)

:/

/10 characters

Cassric
02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd be cool with some sort of joint video... we don't want to stifle creativity. We'll take care of prizes if it wins :)

Dizzy
02-16-2011, 06:40 PM

Me too! Which is odd because I'm a girl...

Zeus
02-16-2011, 06:43 PM

Gasp! Where is your manners young lady! Who am I kidding here... We live in a modern society and it's America... Equal Rights! All women should be able to play PL on the can just like the men can!

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
...woah! She plays PL in the BOYS bathroom?! Maybe I should start doing that in the women's bathroom as well.

hawkei
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
...woah! She plays PL in the BOYS bathroom?! Maybe I should start doing that in the women's bathroom as well.

Here here!

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Sometimes the gals have to take over the boys' room bc the line to the ladies' room is too long ;)

Klemen
02-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Gasp! Where is your manners young lady! Who am I kidding here... We live in a modern society and it's America... Equal Rights! All women should be able to play PL on the can just like the men can!

And it even rhymes! :D

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Sometimes the gals have to take over the boys' room bc the line to the ladies' room is too long ;)

Yeah, at Disney ;)

Dizzy
02-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, at Disney ;)

I heard Cinderella has a bladder the size of the Princess' pea.

Kingofhurtz
02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
What im confused about is how we get the video to you. Just e-mail you the link? (you meaning devs ;) )

Zeus
02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
What im confused about is how we get the video to you. Just e-mail you the link? (you meaning devs ;) )

Yup, they keep it anonymous.

Ellyidol
02-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Are there pre-made PL tag lines? Or are we allowed to use/make our own? :)

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Watch out, Phys and I are going for two halves of the PL shield -- I get the L, he gets the P ;)

Aerospacegod
02-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Ok but can you do it while standing up? lol

Sanatorium
02-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Hmm... I wonder if I can book a trip to the moon before March 15...

Ladylove
02-16-2011, 09:56 PM
#1 I don't have stuff to film with.
#2 I live in boringville

Sooo not happening.

Militaryman
02-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Hmm... I wonder if I can book a trip to the moon before March 15...

The NASA space program got shut down.

Junside
02-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Jeez I hate videos of myself.. lol I may try. White antennas sounds awesome

Rebel
02-16-2011, 10:20 PM
#1 I don't have stuff to film with.
#2 I live in boringville

Sooo not happening.

Take the video at the drive thru of chickfila. That would be pretty awesome.

I don't think I'm going to enter this one. I'd rather not have my face on YouTube.

Sanatorium
02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
The NASA space program got shut down.
My imagination didn't, haha.

Ladylove
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Take the video at the drive thru of chickfila. That would be pretty awesome.

I don't think I'm going to enter this one. I'd rather not have my face on YouTube.

Oh yeah, that's attractive...

Militaryman
02-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Wait... Am I reading this right? If you are below 18 and you set everything up but your mom presses the submit button, your mom is the "submitter", right?

WindBreakr
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
ohhh man, im so ready, good luck to all!

Kingofhurtz
02-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Wait... Am I reading this right? If you are below 18 and you set everything up but your mom presses the submit button, your mom is the "submitter", right?

What happens if were under 18 and we do it all including pressing submit? Is it illegal?!

Lesrider
02-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Does anyone actually read the legal stuff?
I bet all these contests are really just a distraction while G collects our souls ;)

Tsarra
02-17-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm afraid my video wouldn't be very interesting...it would be me, on my couch, about to say the catch phrase...and then getting killed by OL when my cat jumps on me. The end. :(

Beanmachine
02-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Is it possible for me to make a legitimate video from my phone? Apparently my cam recorder cannot work with computers, thus I cannot download of the cam rec..:(

Kingofhurtz
02-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Is it possible for me to make a legitimate video from my phone? Apparently my cam recorder cannot work with computers, thus I cannot download of the cam rec..:(

That's how I'm doing it. I'm recording it then emailing it to myself. My phone has the option to enter an email instead if a number when choosing a recipient.

Beanmachine
02-17-2011, 07:58 AM
That's how I'm doing it. I'm recording it then emailing it to myself. My phone has the option to enter an email instead if a number when choosing a recipient.

GL to you! Im gonna do this by phone

Justg
02-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Are there pre-made PL tag lines? Or are we allowed to use/make our own? :)

Please, we'd love to hear yours!

superglut2
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
i made a video which is REALLY funny... the thing is.. if anyone here finds out i made this video i will be like mobbed by EVERYONE :D so can i just post it online a day before content ends? and then once winners are declared delete it again? or anyway i could JUST email it? xD

Like i said its kinda funny/embarissing but funny. :D

StompArtist
02-17-2011, 09:38 AM
i made a video which is REALLY funny... the thing is.. if anyone here finds out i made this video i will be like mobbed by EVERYONE :D so can i just post it online a day before content ends? and then once winners are declared delete it again? or anyway i could JUST email it? xD

Like i said its kinda funny/embarissing but funny. :D

No one wants to see you playing PL in the restrooms!

superglut2
02-17-2011, 09:44 AM
haha not "that" funny

Cassric
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey all,

Noticed we had some questions about the contest entries again and the age limits. Here's a link to our last contest where this was discussed, it may shed some light: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16163-New-Player-Video-Guide-Event-Rules!. Basically, if you're under 18 years old, you need a guardian submitting those videos and acknowledging you were allowed to enter. Nothing different from our previous contests, check it out.

Also, be sure to take a look at the instructions and follow the script for your videos and REMEMBER... there is room for you to add your own tagline if you want :)

Lesrider
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
i talked with u last night a bit remember what happened with the whole "thelonearcher" thing well my buddy jabbaface got banned for that crap I think it was unfair "thelonerarcher" gave him the item trying to be funny that was his own fault cause if it was me I would have kept it too. For PL to say watch out for scams no that is be I know where that started

This is not the right place for this. Either pm a dev or email support.

Kossi
02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
can my entry be humorous?

Kingofhurtz
02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey all,

Noticed we had some questions about the contest entries again and the age limits. Here's a link to our last contest where this was discussed, it may shed some light: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16163-New-Player-Video-Guide-Event-Rules!. Basically, if you're under 18 years old, you need a guardian submitting those videos and acknowledging you were allowed to enter. Nothing different from our previous contests, check it out.

Also, be sure to take a look at the instructions and follow the script for your videos and REMEMBER... there is room for you to add your own tagline if you want :)

Oh ok thanks. Pretty sure this was directed at me ;)

sechs
02-18-2011, 04:06 AM
do you guys know about any landmark in Hong Kong?

one of them:

http://travel.cnhubei.com/upfile/2007/6/30/admin_9-58-37-2.jpg

Lesrider
02-18-2011, 04:23 AM

one of them:

Gt a giant iphone or iPad to put in the hands!

sechs
02-18-2011, 04:43 AM
good idea!!

Barbamitsos
02-18-2011, 05:11 AM
Hey all,

i wANT the spot where i make my video be private and no adults to know. Does it matter so much to u ?
it matters if the background isn so good and welcomin and me a bit sleepy cause i have made one already

Beanmachine
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM

one of them:

Ngong Ping 360?

KingFu
02-18-2011, 11:24 AM
"Pocket legends, play with anyone, anywhere, anytime......except for when the servers are down...."

I like it:o

Ursanblessing
02-18-2011, 12:23 PM
if i post a video, i will get fired (playing at work :P )

Lesrider
02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Cassric, we're still waiting on your video ;)

Arterra
02-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I might (as I forget) participate in this contest. Is it okay if I wear a mask with my character's face on it? lol (I'm half kidding)

can we use stop animation on lego men and dub in our voices? not kidding

namehere
02-18-2011, 11:24 PM
yeah just assume we all have phones that can record..*cough * i pod 3rd generation *cough**sigh* i feel sorry for those ppl

Barbamitsos
02-20-2011, 06:06 AM
O i made my entry and its pretty bad :/ whoever wana see it send me a pm cause im not postin it

Tsarra
02-21-2011, 05:12 AM
*cynical comment deleted*

You guys don't want to hear me try and sell anything...trust me. :p

Klemen
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Is anyone even entering the contest?

Kattatonic
02-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I am wanting to.... Just need to figure out how. I wish I knew about this earlier, would have had some great shots from all over the world.

Militaryman
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
How do you upload the video from your iPod... Can't figure it out...

Kingofhurtz
02-21-2011, 08:26 PM
When we email the videos to you devs, will they be posted on this thread for everyone to view or will they be just for you?

Militaryman
02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
HEEEEEEELP I WANT TO KNOW HOE TO UPLOOOOOOOOOAD...

/caps

Htiek
02-21-2011, 10:56 PM
is it must show my face in vid? not allow wear a mask?
and the voice, can i remix it or add some audio effect?
the landmark, can i just shot at my room or something?

superglut2
02-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Is anyone even entering the contest?

im going to enter. :)

Thade
02-22-2011, 09:36 AM
To upload a video from you iDevice. Simply connect it to your computer the same way you would when you charge/sync it. Then if using PC open your My Computer so you can see the list of Hard Disk Drives Drives, Removable Storage and so on. In there you should see your iDevice. Open it and all your pictures and movies should be available. Then just drag what you want to your desk top or appropriate folder.

We will be posting submissions which meet the guidelines. Submissions will not be identified. If you upload using a Youtube account which has nothing to do with your character/forum/real name there will be zero connection to you. We feel this allows everyone who wishes to participate to do so without fear of harassment and so on. The information you provide us when submitting is solely related to receiving your rewards for participating.

Videos with masks and voice work will be accepted as long as other guidelines are met, but these entries will not be considered for the grand prize.

We’re looking for real players, in real places.

NeoAtradies
02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Sweetness! Do the winners also get the other antennae that they may have missed out on?

Barbamitsos
02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
To upload a video from you iDevice. Simply connect it to your computer the same way you would when you charge/sync it. Then if using PC open your My Computer so you can see the list of Hard Disk Drives Drives, Removable Storage and so on. In there you should see your iDevice. Open it and all your pictures and movies should be available. Then just drag what you want to your desk top or appropriate folder.

We will be posting submissions which meet the guidelines. Submissions will not be identified. If you upload using a Youtube account which has nothing to do with your character/forum/real name there will be zero connection to you. We feel this allows everyone who wishes to participate to do so without fear of harassment and so on. The information you provide us when submitting is solely related to receiving your rewards for participating.

Videos with masks and voice work will be accepted as long as other guidelines are met, but these entries will not be considered for the grand prize.

We’re looking for real players, in real places.

On iphone the process is much easier. Go to photoes and press upLoad on utube
Done...

Htiek
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
if wanna grand prize, then no mask, stop motion, voice work..real players, in real places

how about makeup, sunglass, trunk cap..or show part of me, like focus my mouth, noise,eye..etc?

i will enter the contest if i understand all the rules

Wrap
02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Sweetness! Do the winners also get the other antennae that they may have missed out on?

Don't think so =/

NeoAtradies
02-24-2011, 10:51 AM
[sad face] Oh well, it was worth a shot. Can not wait to start filming my 10-30 seconds of fame!

Shinybeidge
02-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Hey guys, juz wonderin where u guys do your fighting. And add me:
Shinybeidge, lvl 45 tank/archer

Baked-Potato
02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
if wanna grand prize, then no mask, stop motion, voice work..real players, in real places

how about makeup, sunglass, trunk cap..or show part of me, like focus my mouth, noise,eye..etc?

i will enter the contest if i understand all the rules

I'd like to know the same. I always have a hat on my head and I'm an Aviator sunglasses kind of guy and always have them on when I'm out and about. So is this acceptable for the Grand Prize or no?

Klemen
02-27-2011, 04:27 AM
I'd like to know the same. I always have a hat on my head and I'm an Aviator sunglasses kind of guy and always have them on when I'm out and about. So is this acceptable for the Grand Prize or no?

please reply on that devs.

Arterra
02-28-2011, 09:43 PM
i freaked out thinking this was due tomorrow. forgot feb had 28 days and not thirty. lol at the 15'th

Barbamitsos
03-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Be real to get the price :D

Thade
03-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey guys, we know you've had loads of questions this time around. I've posted the first batch of your great entries to give everyone a better idea of what we're looking for. I have more entries queued up to go. I'll post them asap.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20407-Where-do-YOU-play-Pocket-Legends-ENTRIES

Sigkill
03-02-2011, 10:57 PM
does my bathroom count as a landmark?

Zeus
03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Just one question? There is no runner's up? Aww

Barbamitsos
03-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Just one question? There is no runner's up? Aww

yep... rangy there are no runer ups this time >.<

Frenzyn
03-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Good luck to everyone! i did it in a tree haha :D

If i do win, im ganna use some of the platinum on the new city coming up in a couple of days/weeks and
save some, but i really want to change my look. :)
Vanity is really cool, too.
Good luck to all!

mugen
03-07-2011, 05:38 PM
wish i knew if they recieved mine do they send a confirmation?

Thanks Thade and Cassric

Zux
03-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeh I'd like it if they sent a reply to say they have gotten my email

Wrap
03-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Knowing Cassric, i'm sure he'll add a lil' sumthin' sumthin' prize in addition to the ones listed there. You watch and see :)

Frenzyn
03-14-2011, 06:04 AM
wish i knew if they recieved mine do they send a confirmation?

Thanks Thade and Cassric

they sent me a confirmation email, but maybe they haven't gotten it yet, but it doesn't mean they have forgotten about you.
Trust in them, they will get it, make sure you followed the guidelines. :o

ThaGod
03-14-2011, 04:31 PM
lol actually remembered the date and submitted a video.

ThaGod
03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I am wanting to.... Just need to figure out how. I wish I knew about this earlier, would have had some great shots from all over the world.

i uploaded straight from itouch to youtube. Thade, you took the wrong way round.

Lesrider
03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Man... I'm trying to do a quick video in my own home, alone, and I'm embarrassed. I dunno how anyone did these things in public lol.

Zeus
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Man... I'm trying to do a quick video in my own home, alone, and I'm embarrassed. I dunno how anyone did these things in public lol.

Confidence :D, nah. Whenever somebody walked by, I stopped my filming. Took like 10 takes per few seconds of a shot. So whenever people were far away, I had to take the video then. :P.

Lesrider
03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Lol I'm afraid my neighbor who shares a wall with me will hear me. I'm that paranoid.

Zeus
03-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Lol I'm afraid my neighbor who shares a wall with me will hear me. I'm that paranoid.

Was that you speaking in a loud enthusiastic voice! My grandma phone called me somebody woke her up talking to herself! Something about Pocket Legends.

Frenzyn
03-14-2011, 07:11 PM

Why does this remind me of entry # 5? lol

Lesrider
03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Ok my one attempt. It didn't go quite as I planned it in my head. But it's a good poster child for NOT procrastinating. I just wanted to do one and I'm too tired at this point to do any better.

I know it's bad, so you don't need to tell me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQAUYYxb18&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lesrider
03-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Why does this remind me of entry # 5? lol

I dunno, I didn't watch all the videos -- just some.

NeoAtradies
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

I checked the email twice and still failure to send the email. :'(

Zeus
03-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

I checked the email twice and still failure to send the email. :'(

support@spacetimestudios.com

If that didn't work. Try using a different email address.

NeoAtradies
03-14-2011, 08:20 PM
support@spacetimestudios.com

If that didn't work. Try using a different email address.

I used the support email and that is the one that failed. They have another?

It works if i do not attach the video to the email.... does that still count?

Junside
03-14-2011, 08:24 PM
I used the support email and that is the one that failed. They have another?

It works if i do not attach the video to the email.... does that still count?

You're not attaching the video file to the email. You have to upload it to www.youtube.com with additional important details to add to it. That info can be found in the first post.

You have to provide a link to the video on youtube, in your email.

Lesrider
03-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Man... My last line didn't come out of my mouth the way I planned and now it sounds like an insult lol. Oh well, too lazy to do another one.

ThaGod
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Man... My last line didn't come out of my mouth the way I planned and now it sounds like an insult lol. Oh well, too lazy to do another one.

lol same actually... ah well, antennae collection is go