PDA

View Full Version : Essence drop imbalance

Serancha
12-22-2014, 08:57 PM
There's a chance that this is just me, but I am curious to hear if others have noticed it also. It seems that there is a major shortage of certain essence drops. I also notice I consistently get 5x more essences per run on mage than on rogue.

Drop frequency from most to least:

Energy & Dragon Scale
Blood
Glacial
Fire

It takes me about 3 hours of farming to get enough normal essence for a single wind gem. Meanwhile I have enough energy essences to take up my crafting slots for the whole event. I have noticed that normal maps give more normal essences than tombs, but it is still very low - especially fire and glacial.

Thoughts?

Bless
12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
I get more scales than energy but the rest is the same. I run on L15 mage and L41 rogue. In tombs and Lair.

Serancha
12-22-2014, 09:05 PM
I have so many scales I'll never be able to use them all, but a lot of those are from event bosses also, so yeah hard to tell between those two. I have given up essence farming on rogue because I get so few compared to mage.

NotYoCookiez
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM
What are the dragon ice thingy for?

Alhuntrazeck
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM
That's strange. For me, the drop rate seems severely skewed towards dragon scales. I have accumulated about 40 and liquidated about 30 twice (thats about a 100). Energy is very rare for me, I get about an essence per run while a person I run with gets about 3-9 per run. Either its coincidence, or something really is wrong!

Serancha
12-22-2014, 09:15 PM

Crafting event items

That's strange. For me, the drop rate seems severely skewed towards dragon scales. I have accumulated about 40 and liquidated about 30 twice (thats about a 100). Energy is very rare for me, I get about an essence per run while a person I run with gets about 3-9 per run. Either its coincidence, or something really is wrong!

What about normal essences? Notice a major shortage of fire and glacial?

Defiling
12-22-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm experiencing major shortage in Blood, Fire and Glacial gems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hioarasi
12-22-2014, 09:41 PM
My drop frequency is also more towards dragon scales. I get dragon scales and glacial essences the most then energy essences fire essences and blood essences

Arturohoward
12-22-2014, 09:50 PM
To me, from most to least:

Dragon Scales
Energy essence
Fire essence
Glacial essence
Blood essence

SacredKnight
12-22-2014, 09:52 PM
I feel this too, on my lower level toons I seem to get essences more frequently, yet on my capped warrior in a Tomb Run I seem to barely get any if not none at all! Meanwhile this mage in the same run achieved more than 10! (Normal Essences, Energy and Scales total combined).

jerzy448
12-22-2014, 09:55 PM
They drop in the same order for me.

Energy
Dragon scale
Blood
Glacial
Fire
Takes a couple hours of farming to get enough for a tarlok get.

Serancha
12-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Ok I have adjusted the initial post so that energy and scales are both at the top, since it seems an equal number of people are reporting each as most frequent.

iheartu
12-22-2014, 10:12 PM
same with your experience.. And I also noticed that for the past 3 days, seems like the drop rate for fire essence is very low to none at all..

Bluesparky
12-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Ice Dragon Scales (less than 30min) > Energy Essence (min 30 to 45 max) > Blood Essence (2hr)> Fire Essence (3hr) > Glacial Essence (3.5hr)..

Time indicated on avg per 10 essences of that kind.

Iahiasakt
12-22-2014, 10:46 PM
As for me its absolutely not that way i have about 30-40 fire,6 blood and 15 glacial essences waiting to be crafted.I recieve hoards of normal essences and ice dragon scales,but i never get so many energies as u do.fire essences are very common for me,omce or twice i have to sell them to have some space in my inv.i have not crafted any tarloks though becoz i leave my crafting slots for energies.

Overweightank
12-22-2014, 10:46 PM
There's a chance that this is just me, but I am curious to hear if others have noticed it also. It seems that there is a major shortage of certain essence drops. I also notice I consistently get 5x more essences per run on mage than on rogue.

Energy & Dragon Scale
Blood
Glacial
Fire

It takes me about 3 hours of farming to get enough normal essence for a single wind gem. Meanwhile I have enough energy essences to take up my crafting slots for the whole event. I have noticed that normal maps give more normal essences than tombs, but it is still very low - especially fire and glacial.

Thoughts?

OMG YESS. It took me over 30min runs of kraken grog beach (atleast 5 essences per run guaranteed) and i finally got 2 :) so i made my wind gem! :D

NotYoCookiez
12-22-2014, 10:58 PM
I get more energy gems and I'm not complaining lol

Idly
12-22-2014, 11:49 PM
This is how my essence situation looks at present.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/915aeaf0e1e1795a26b9a104ae2fbbde.jpg

I have used every essence gained to craft either Energy or Tarlok gems and have also crafted 4x enchanted eyes (100 dragon scales) I can only hope Tarlok gems are craftable post event provided we have essence. I really don't want to liquidate all of them for nothing.

#morecraftingslots2015

Schnitzel
12-22-2014, 11:53 PM

If you have the Frist Egg recipe, with 1 Prance Egg, 15 (i think) ice scales, you can craft Frist Eggs
If you have the Ursume Locked Crate recipe, you can use ice scales + 3 normal locks to craft Ursume Locked Crates
If you have the Tarlok Intelligence/Rage/Wind recipe, you can craft Tarlok Intelligence/Rage/Wind gems

Linkincena
12-22-2014, 11:58 PM

Energy & Dragon Scale
Blood
Glacial
Fire

Thoughts?

During the Launch of event...
Devs announced that since the event was going to run longer hence the drops of Energy and Dragon scales was raised . ..

Xeusx
12-23-2014, 12:04 AM
I also getting more dragon scales than other essences.

Ophelia
12-23-2014, 12:19 AM
Here i was thinking it was just my nasty streak of luck.

I've been constantly liquidating ice scales and blood essences,
But barely even have 1/4 that amount of fire essences to craft them tarlok wind gems.

Serancha
12-23-2014, 01:05 AM
During the Launch of event...
Devs announced that since the event was going to run longer hence the drops of Energy and Dragon scales was raised . ..

Yes, but they didn't have to almost remove glacial and fire gems to do that. Maybe it's a way of reducing the amount of tarlok gems crafted, but it's way too far over the top. Farming 3-4 hours to get 6 fire essences is insane.

I haven't had time to do actual calculations as of yet, since it'll take a lot of runs to get a proper average. Will be doing this over the next few days though. I know that a lot of it is luck of the draw, but there is a definite trend of imbalance between types of essences.

Linkincena
12-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Yes, but they didn't have to almost remove glacial and fire gems to do that. Maybe it's a way of reducing the amount of tarlok gems crafted, but it's way too far over the top. Farming 3-4 hours to get 6 fire essences is insane.
Well yeah.. Those drops were consumed by loot tables of new essences . .

regizakirs.rs
12-23-2014, 01:59 AM
Yes I agree with you I thought I was the only one who saw that same drop rate lol

Sir Lubo Penev
12-23-2014, 06:31 AM
In my experience:

1. Dragon scales - these things drop too much. I've liquidated hundreds of them so far.
2. Energy essences - definitely drop more often than previous events.
3. Blood essences
4. Fire and glacial essences - not sure about these two, but they don't drop as much as blood essences.

p.s. And yes, I've started doing maps like normal Brack and Rooks nest. They seem to drop more normal essences than yt4, km3 and the likes. Plus the added bonus of more tokens from that frost fella. :)

Jazzi
12-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Hiya,

I have made the same experience across two characters (rogue and mage) with about 10 k event points each from farmed energy only:

1. For one energy essence I get about 5 dragon scales.
2. Before I get a single normal essence I get about 20-30 dragon scales.
3. Fire and glacial essences definitely drop less for me then blood, and way less than energy and dragon scales.
4. I need about 2-3 hours do get normal essences for one tarlok gem

Almost all my runs were done in wt4. I had to liquidate about 600 dragon scales total, because they were clogging my inventory.

drgrimmy
12-23-2014, 10:10 AM

I feel this too, on my lower level toons I seem to get essences more frequently, yet on my capped warrior in a Tomb Run I seem to barely get any if not none at all! Meanwhile this mage in the same run achieved more than 10! (Normal Essences, Energy and Scales total combined).

Do you guys run solo or in a group? Are you aggressive and do you pull the mobs, or do you lag behind and do mop up of the mobs? I find that if you are the one in the group doing all the pulling you will miss a lot of the essences that are being dropped. You will be amazed at how many your pet misses if you ever go back and run through a tomb after you have cleared it. Your pet does not pick them up if it still has mobs left alive to aggro. Because of this I have switched from running in fast groups in wt4 to running a partial map solo in wt4 (my secret for efficiency :p) when I farm for essences. I know super boring but actually far more efficient. I get the same amount of essence, or even more, from running about 1/3 of the map solo versus running a full map in a fast group.

In terms of rarity of essences, I think:

Dragon scales>> energy> glacian=blood=fire.

I have liquidated hundreds of dragon scales. I wait for them to get up to about 150 then I liquidate the down to 50. I have probably done this about 4-5 times, and most of these are from farming and not boss kills in the event. I have also crafted about 30 tarlok gems with whatever essences I have the most of at the time and I have wind>rage>wisdom gems, even though I want wisdom gems.

I summary, way too many dragon scales drop... I must give the caveat that I was trying to craft greater chests on my lvl3 alt to loot some low level gear, and dragon scales are really painful to farm at this level without being able to farm tombs.....

Serancha
12-23-2014, 01:30 PM
I almost always run solo because I generally farm pve kills at the same time. That and being a GM, it's nice to have some time just me and my pet ;)

Bmwmsix
12-23-2014, 01:47 PM
#1 Ice Dragon Scales
#2 Ice Dragon Scales
#3 Ice Dragon Scales
#4 Ice Dragon Scales
#97 Fire
#98 Glacian
#99 Blood

Ps: Why oh why no gold by selling those Ice Dragon Poops?

Raregem
12-23-2014, 01:52 PM
I agree that something is off with the normal essences even from before the event. About two weeks after the Halloween event I started hoarding essences knowing the tarlok gems were returning. I spent about two weeks in Tin (teeth purposes) and collected there.

When the event started I had 90-95 blood, 60-65 glacial, and 40-45 fire. Fire has been the biggest problem for me then and now. Not sure what's up with the drops but when I get a fire essence it's really rare.

Enterradora
12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
I already deleted 2000+ ice dragon scales in my all alts, its a pain... sometimes drop 6 in a row plus bosses 4th and 5th drop too -.-

obee
12-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I think it's just you, because I'm looting plenty of fire and glacial. These ice scales are very annoying though, but energy is rare for me.
Edit: 113616

mlb2005
12-23-2014, 02:46 PM

Energy & Dragon Scale
Blood
Glacial
Fire

Thoughts?

This started happening to me right after I bought the recipes. Glacial seem the hardest to get for me. I posted about it and didn't recieve much interest so figured it was my luck. Get 20 energy and icescale to one normal essence. It's quite ridiculous.

Xdongheddox
12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
To me, most to least:
dragon scale
Blood essence
Glacial essence
Fire essence
Energy essence
Warrior 41 i need about 1.5hours to get 12-15 energy essences
Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk 2

Litheus
12-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Wish that all the dragon scale i got ( about 180 scale now ) chance to either blood, glacial or fire gem [emoji111]

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

or maybe planar essence or fragments

cami
12-30-2014, 01:36 PM
yes I want vial essences

Serancha
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM
In 80 runs of various maps and tombs - half rogue and half mage, here are the results:

106 Scales
102 Energy
41 Glacial
38 Blood
26 Fire

So that's enough for 4 wind and 4 wisdom gems. Not really cool for 80 runs at an average of 3 minutes / run. That's 4 hours of nonstop runs, just to make 8 gems, and only if you're lucky and geared enough. Otherwise it would take longer.

cami
12-30-2014, 01:45 PM
In 80 runs of various maps and tombs - half rogue and half mage, here are the results:

106 Scales
102 Energy
41 Glacial
38 Blood
26 Fire

hmmm and why me:

115 Scales
96 Energy
41 Glacial
50 Blood
48 Fire

Serancha
12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
I get far less fire than anything else. Maybe because that's what I need.

My numbers are not just what happens to be in my inventory - I kept a spreadsheet, recording essence drops after each run for 80 runs. It's accurate.

Interestingly, it's the same conveniently unknown names repeatedly who are selling stacks of tarlok gems in the CS nonstop. There's only one way to get that many essences. I really dislike seeing people that don't play straight being given the advantage, but can't really blame them when it's made all but impossible for regular players to make a buck.

Litheus
12-30-2014, 02:36 PM
i get almost all fire essence in planar tomb

Serancha
12-30-2014, 02:38 PM
i get almost all fire essence in planar tomb

Perception. Perception is much different than what shows on paper when you actually record the data. And yes, my numbers included planar tombs.

obee
12-30-2014, 02:39 PM

My numbers are not just what happens to be in my inventory - I kept a spreadsheet, recording essence drops after each run for 80 runs. It's accurate.

Interestingly, it's the same conveniently unknown names repeatedly who are selling stacks of tarlok gems in the CS nonstop. There's only one way to get that many essences. I really dislike seeing people that don't play straight being given the advantage, but can't really blame them when it's made all but impossible for regular players to make a buck.
I'm getting plenty of fire. I don't see any basis on what you are doing, it might just be for you.

Serancha
12-30-2014, 02:43 PM
So you're not getting twice as many scales and energy as any other essence? It doesn't take you multiple hours of farming to get enough essences for more than one Tarlok gem? I find that hard to believe, since the actual data shows these things clearly. Not to mention everyone else on this thread has noticed the same thing. It's not just me.

Litheus
12-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Perception. Perception is much different than what shows on paper when you actually record the data. And yes, my numbers included planar tombs.

perception?

mlb2005
12-30-2014, 02:58 PM

Its kind of sick to lower the drop rate of something already in game so people have to purchase it to create a gem.

obee
12-30-2014, 03:07 PM
So you're not getting twice as many scales and energy as any other essence? It doesn't take you multiple hours of farming to get enough essences for more than one Tarlok gem? I find that hard to believe, since the actual data shows these things clearly. Not to mention everyone else on this thread has noticed the same thing. It's not just me.
I am getting a ton of scales but I'm getting lots of fire. Everyone knows scales are high, but I'm getting lots of fire, despite the contrary belief.

Jazzi
12-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Hiya,

I did a spread sheet too to avoid being mislead by my own perception and the constant crafting. Did 103 runs in wt4, Breckenridge and planar tombs 2. Here are my results:
186 scales
154 energy
51 blood
44 glacial
39 fire.

All runs were done in a full party.

Anyway I guess that sts will not change anything now. Just maybe make it a bit different for the next one.

BTW Serancha, I too have noticed that the people selling the gems are mostly the same. You kinda implied, please correct me if I am wrong, that u have an explanation, or at least a hypothesis, for that. Could you please share it?

Thank u in advance ;-)

mlb2005
12-30-2014, 03:59 PM
I am getting a ton of scales but I'm getting lots of fire. Everyone knows scales are high, but I'm getting lots of fire, despite the contrary belief.

Are you Getting lots of glacial also? I get more fire than glacial.

Ravager
12-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Hiya,

I did a spread sheet too to avoid being mislead by my own perception and the constant crafting. Did 103 runs in wt4, Breckenridge and planar tombs 2. Here are my results:
186 scales
154 energy
51 blood
44 glacial
39 fire.

Anyway I guess that sts will not change anything now. Just maybe make it a bit different for the next one.

BTW Serancha, I too have noticed that the people selling the gems are mostly the same. You kinda implied, please correct me if I am wrong, that u have an explanation, or at least a hypothesis, for that. Could you please share it?

Thank u in advance ;-)

My results are similar to this.

Serancha
12-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Hiya,

186 scales
154 energy
51 blood
44 glacial
39 fire.

Thank u in advance ;-)

So your numbers are pretty consistent with my results also. This means it is an overall imbalance throughout the game. Nice work.

Discussing methods people use to cheat isn't allowed on the forum. However, reading the ToS will give you the answer you seek.

Kriticality
12-30-2014, 05:07 PM
I can't get fire essences much. I'm a rogue and I won't get into my scale liquidation but it's a ton. Energy isn't too bad. The order is same as yours Blood, Glacial, and fire. Many times i've just become frustrated at my last fire essence for a tarlok wind and spent a plat for the essence. Wish there were daily fire, blood, glacial quests for guaranteed 10 ess/day like daily planar quest. hehe Wishful thinking.

obee
12-30-2014, 05:38 PM
I might be a lucky exception lol

Appeltjes
12-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Ice scales
Energy
Glacial
Fire
Blood
That's it for me

nelson131
12-31-2014, 06:36 AM
for.my rogue: very little essense drops. and no, i don't pull.
55%ice scale
20% blood
7% glacial and energy
1% fire

for my mage: at least 3x essense more drop than rogue
40% icescale
evenly divide the rest persentages between blood,fire,glacail,energ

does only rogues get the problem ?

nevercan
12-31-2014, 07:47 AM
For me
Ice scales