PDA

View Full Version : Screen capture

sechs
02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
How do you guys capture those in game screenshots?

Is there any free tool to do it? I'm using htc desire hd, it would be greatly appreciated if someone can teach me, thanks!

Sanatorium
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Um well there is one step, but it's way too complicated and hard and may result in a damaged phone.
Other than that you can't really do it unless you root your phone, if your phone's rooted look for "Screenshot It Trial" on the Android market by Edward Kim.
Just open the app and enjoy.

Otukura
02-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Well, if you're near a computer you can use the bluetooth in your phone to automatically save them to you computer, using the vol up and power buttons at the same time, I think...

You'll need the android SDK, and, of course, you're phone, with 3rd party, USB debugging, and bluetooth enabled... search google for more info.

sechs
02-17-2011, 12:56 AM
oooh that's quite more complicated than i thought, i'd rather spend the time killing more mobs in-game then :P

and thanks! :)

Otukura
02-17-2011, 01:07 AM
I program my androids, so I already had to set it up... after d/ling the sdk and everything it'll take around 10 minutes. the d/l speed here is really low, about 150kbs, so that took overnight for me.

Baked-Potato
02-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Try Dropcap2 or Shoot Me! from the Android Market. A lot of the reviews say it works on their unrooted phones. I wouldn't know though since my Droid 2 is rooted.

sechs
02-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Try Dropcap2 or Shoot Me! from the Android Market. A lot of the reviews say it works on their unrooted phones. I wouldn't know though since my Droid 2 is rooted.

don't seem to be working on un-rooted phones, since i'm at work now, i will spend a little time try to figure out how to root my phone :P Thanks!

Baked-Potato
02-17-2011, 02:23 AM
don't seem to be working on un-rooted phones, since i'm at work now, i will spend a little time try to figure out how to root my phone :P Thanks!

I suggest Googling XDA Developers. They have a forum in which you can find almost everything about rooting. Just read up on everything. They have pretty much every device and have a great community. And if all else fails, I'm sure a simple "How to root HTC Desire HD" Google search should yeild some good results (:

Luchta
02-17-2011, 02:31 AM
On your computer, download the SDK, install the USB driver, run the SDK/tools/ddms then screen capture. It's really easy.

sechs
02-17-2011, 02:38 AM
man this thing rockz!

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-hd-desirehd-modaco-com/320722/19-nov-r14-visionary-one-click-root/

i can capture screen now! :D

to celebrate, this is my first screen cap ever!!!

http://www.10theater.com/jimi/photo/PL-Xechs.jpg

JulsAngel
02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Use Shoot Me, it would do the job for u

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JulsAngel/Avatar%20for%20pocket%20legends/snap20110208_140836.png

Sanatorium
02-17-2011, 12:52 PM
They both need to be on a rooted phone, I just checked both.
Um, try downloading fourshare and looking for z4root there, download it and install the app.
Root your phone temporary or permanently and then do it, yes z4root is an app and it DOES root your phone :).

superss
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
for the iphone you can just push the home button (button at the bottom) and the button at the top at the same time to take a screen shot.

Sanatorium
02-17-2011, 02:22 PM
for the iphone you can just push the home button (button at the bottom) and the button at the top at the same time to take a screen shot.
You may need an app for that I think, I'm not sure tho.

sechs
02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
now i need a good AND free app that can rotate my image without decreasing its resolution, any suggestion please?

bravemenrun
02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
If on Android try picsay free. Load pic then go to menu, more, transform.

Also for any android users, some screencap apps say only supported on rooted phones. But sometimes they work on stock phones. So worth trying. All the devs are saying is if u have problems, don't ask them for help unless its rooted. I use an app called Screenshot on stock evo, no problems.

sechs
02-17-2011, 10:06 PM
i was using PicSay Free, but it decreased the resolution of my image :(

i want to have my screenshot as large as JulsAngel's

Also for any android users, some screencap apps say only supported on rooted phones. But sometimes they work on stock phones. So worth trying. All the devs are saying is if u have problems, don't ask them for help unless its rooted. I use an app called Screenshot on stock evo, no problems.

Dizzy
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM

Oh my gosh, thank you! I didn't think I could get a screencap app for my unrooted phone, but I just dl'd Screenshot, and it works. I have an Evo as well.

Awesome.

bravemenrun
02-18-2011, 12:34 AM
No prob Dizzy, I was pretty happy when I found it working too.

Sechs, I ended up using my pc to edit in photoshop cause i wasn't happy with any of the android editing apps. GL finding something.

sechs
02-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Oh my gosh, thank you! I didn't think I could get a screencap app for my unrooted phone, but I just dl'd Screenshot, and it works. I have an Evo as well.

Awesome.

how to activate this Screenshot thing? by shaking the phone or by pressing any specific button?

i'm now using ShootMe, it capture a screen when you shake the phone, pretty good, but only works on rooted phone, so i want to try out the one you mentioned.

sechs
02-18-2011, 02:15 AM
No prob Dizzy, I was pretty happy when I found it working too.

Sechs, I ended up using my pc to edit in photoshop cause i wasn't happy with any of the android editing apps. GL finding something.

yeah, it seems that all free image editors are not very good on android.

Phaded
02-18-2011, 12:23 PM
photoid I believe for flipping images

Also there is no reason your phone shouldn't be rooted :)

romgar1
02-18-2011, 03:28 PM
I guess Im still waiting for the android market to come out with an unrooted screenshot app option. Come on physiological, create an app for us.

Wrap
02-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I use Photoshop Express app (free) on my iPhone 3Gs for all my editing, croping, rotating...ect...

It works great and will upload it...even directly to your facebook page for you ;)

don't know if this works on android, but it's great on iPhones

sechs
02-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I use Photoshop Express app (free) on my iPhone 3Gs for all my editing, croping, rotating...ect...

It works great and will upload it...even directly to your facebook page for you ;)

don't know if this works on android, but it's great on iPhones

Yo it works great thanks!!!

http://www.10theater.com/jimi/photo/Charoro-01.png

Naunabam
02-21-2011, 04:05 AM
There is an easy way to take screenshots using myphone explorer.
http://www.fjsoft.at/de/downloads.php
This tool used to be for SonyEricsson phones only but supports android phones now.
With this you can take screenshots on unrooted phones.
At least it works for me on my HTC Desire HD.