PDA

View Full Version : x2 Experience, Armor, Damage, etc suggestion

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm not exactly sure if this has been suggested specifically but..

What if there was an option to but a "x2 Experience pot" with platinum, that would last for a certain period of time (4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, etc)? Of course the pot would not expire with death and change of dungeons. Maybe the 4 hour pot would be 50 plat; 8 hour pot be 70 plat; 12 hour pot 100 plat.. etc. Just minor examples of pricing. The special pots would only be applicable in PvE and would not be stackable with the 5 minute pots, of course.

I would definitely use platinum to buy a product like that, and I'm assuming that other players would also. Thoughts?

Ellyidol
02-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I'd love that! :)

Saves a lot of time and effort.

Royce
02-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Currently a 5 min pot costs a couple plat. I would guess if they were to do something like this, the prices would be 5-10 times or more what you have listed.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 10:35 PM
4 hours for 5 plat? The Hardcore Playa's Potion (2x XP for 5 mins) is worth 3 plat...If there's some sort of ratio involved then the 4 hour 2x pot would be like 100+ plat or so.

Sounds like 2x exp cards :)

Aerospacegod
02-16-2011, 10:36 PM
I wouldnt use it but it's a cool idea, some people would.

The more PL makes off you the less they can charge me! 0:-)

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 10:36 PM
I feel like devs could profit a lot off of this too. Especially with a new campaign with so much grinding. The plat prices would have to be not too outrageous but not too cheap. Just in the middle somewhere. The pricing could be similar to buying platinum itself: better deal for buying the bulk / longer lasting package. My prices were of course just off the top of my head.

Major
02-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I like the idea, getting things in bulk is much better lol!

Gluttony
02-16-2011, 10:39 PM
That's a great idea, I'm always super careful when purchasing a pot because I don't want to use plat for something so small and ultimately consumable. I would love this idea in addition to removing the plat purchase of the lowely pots. I mean, does anyone actually choose 10 plat over 6000 gold just for 5 min of xp?

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I mean I do like this idea, it really works for saving money in leveling, but on the flip side, you're forced to sit down and play for 4 hours straight. Obviously with breaks in-between, but you're pressured to play for a long period of time because of your hefty time-limited purchase. I don't think I've ever sat down and played for 4 hours straight...but then again that's just me and I'm a noob.

Aerospacegod
02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
That's kinda the point, if you can play 12 hours with minimum breaks it's way cheaper than if you just do 30mins at a time.

I'd think $10 for 12 hours of leveling would be fair.

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
That's a great idea, I'm always super careful when purchasing a pot because I don't want to use plat for something so small and ultimately consumable. I would love this idea in addition to removing the plat purchase of the lowely pots. I mean, does anyone actually choose 10 plat over 6000 gold just for 5 min of xp?
I thought of this because when I was a newbie, I didn't even realize you could buy the 2x exp pots with gold. They had the options separately before. I bought exp pots with plat until someone told me.. Haha.

I mean I do like this idea, it really works for saving money in leveling, but on the flip side, you're forced to sit down and play for 4 hours straight. Obviously with breaks in-between, but you're pressured to play for a long period of time because of your hefty time-limited purchase. I don't think I've ever sat down and played for 4 hours straight...but then again that's just me and I'm a noob.
Yeah, that's why it's good to have the normal exp pots as well. And you aren't really forced to play for 4 hours if you purchase one, it's up to you. I wouldn't buy a 12 hour package if I was only going to play for an hour. Then again- it's not for everyone.

Physiologic
I was sorta raising the issue of health-related concerns :p

Gluttony

I see your point, but based on how fast many people leveled to 56 forced isn't the word I would use. This would be a long term purchase and with those types of choices should come a bit of thought. 4 hours is a chunk of time, but I think that some of the hardcore players have done it... numerous times even.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Ah well I suppose it's people's choice, I won't argue against it. I'd buy a 4 hour 3x potion :p

Major
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
It would be sweet to buy a bulk xp potion that has a time limit....while your logged in the time goes down but when logged out it stops.

DawnInfinity
02-16-2011, 10:54 PM
It would be sweet to buy a bulk xp potion that has a time limit....while your logged in the time goes down but when logged out it stops.
Ehhh that would just be exploiting the potion too much. I see your point Physio, I totally understand. No way I'd play 12 hours straight, much less 8 or 4 hours straight. Up to the buyers' preferences though.

WindBreakr
02-17-2011, 12:00 AM
i gotta get plat before any of this happens

Riccits
02-17-2011, 02:06 AM
normally i dream at night...u?

regie831
02-17-2011, 03:07 AM
+1 it would be nice to buy xp pots using platinums...well atleast for people like me who are freshed out of gold.

Riccits
02-17-2011, 03:32 AM
sometimes i dont understand the community...
there was several anti recipe-buy-with-plat threads to avoid $-rich ppl making gold with it, now u want in some other way convert plat for game money...

for me: NO!

plat should never substitute gold!

Ravenous
02-17-2011, 07:13 AM
I have a better idea. Let's completely eliminate XP pots; not expand them. :/

Lesrider
02-17-2011, 07:21 AM
This is too close to buying xp with plat for me.
It can kill a game if it's too easy for people with money to buy their way to the top.

Echelong
02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
I would love that but maybe one for 2 hours and costs 20 plat, the 4 hours could cost 35 plat and on. Nice idea just like the Elixirs used on WoW that lasted for 2 hours.

Pharcyde
02-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I like but I dislike at the same time.

I like not having to pot up every game but yeah if it was ratio'ed, then it would cost like 150 platinum.

I think we apply this same concept but in a different way that both player and developer profit from without headache or complaint. What if on weekends, holidays or special events, there is double exp? Call of Duty used to do double XP weekends and EVERYONE played at that time in order to level. Players would be happy with the increased xp rates and the developers would benefit from the increased quantity of players in the game at a time.

Gluttony
02-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I like but I dislike at the same time.

I like not having to pot up every game but yeah if it was ratio'ed, then it would cost like 150 platinum.

I think we apply this same concept but in a different way that both player and developer profit from without headache or complaint. What if on weekends, holidays or special events, there is double exp? Call of Duty used to do double XP weekends and EVERYONE played at that time in order to level. Players would be happy with the increased xp rates and the developers would benefit from the increased quantity of players in the game at a time.

I don't think that the pots should as expensive platinum-wise are they are now, therefore I don't think a ratio should apply. I mean who really pays for something with plat when you can just use gold? Spacetime should probably look at what people actually purchase with plat and judge the prices accordingly. Look at vanity items for instance; I didn't see too many people with different faces/vanity hats when they were 20 plat, but now that they're just 5 it sems like everyone has something. I mean 50 plat just to change your name, who would do that?! Seems most things purchased with plat start off extreme and end up withing range for the average gamer to invest in it.

I think I like the double xp weekend idea, but only if it stacked with pots, otherwise it's just 1.5k cheaper per round.

Pharcyde
02-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Well if your a busy person who can only play on weekends, wouldn't it be great to get on and get double exp? Also assuming you will be dirt poor since you don't get to play often, its a idea truly fit for getting the less active casual player playing more.

superss
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
good idea id like xp helm and other stuff mentioned above sounds sooo cool it would be kind of cheap though so make the items (if they do come out) rare drops from hard guys like the shadow caves.

Ricey
02-18-2011, 06:21 AM
I'd love to see them in 30min, 1hour or 2hour varieties but tbh whatever times were available, I'd buy them. I wouldn't mind spending 100 plat on an hour of double XP either.

Also, double XP at weekends is a brilliant idea, it'd get a lot of players active meaning the grinds would be better as more of them would be full.

powerandintent
02-19-2011, 11:51 PM
LOVE the double xp weekend idea.