PDA

View Full Version : New Class Idea =] (and other ideas)

WindBreakr
02-17-2011, 07:18 AM
I thought it would be really cool to change mages a bit and give them a weak heal and a medium self heal. and create a healer class such as a turtle or something. (leave ur ideas for the race below?)

the healer would have these skills

--an EPIC self heal with a 1 second cast time, (cast time should be introduced to the game)
--a good group heal (like current mage)
--resurrect group (like current mage)
--A self buff with 3-5min cool-down to have a seal that allows you to res yourself once until able to recast.
--A group buff to increase maxHP
--Another group buff to make attacks slow down mobs? (Buff)
--Luck, every once in a while an attack will trigger a 10 sec buff that gives the party double armor (buff)

Attacks can be

-- cause one regular mob to fight for you for some time (mob turns white)
--holy cannon? one shot that pierces up to 6 mobs, not much damage but can be used as combo with other races?
--Angels' wrath, holy fists slam down on mobs as a debuff
--chains of redemption? a white chain does DoT (damage over time) (5 hits) as long as you aren't receiving damage (the mob you are killing wont attack unless boss or semi boss)
-- a holy hammer smashes the ground and does AoE dmg and a debuff

Pharcyde
02-17-2011, 11:37 AM
All sound like good idea's but no matter how good a idea is, the devs most likely won't be adding new classes at all. If they do, it will be along time from now. I do think that the devs should add some different play styles to the current classes though, we only have hybrid and pure currently. I would love to see them add more customization such as 1v1 orientated mages, damage orientated bears, multi target orientated birds and many others.

WindBreakr
02-17-2011, 06:21 PM
sigh, same here. but i fell they should at least add skills with cast time when the time comes for new skills.
archer can have "snipe" epic dmg, 1sec cast time long cooldown--just an example

DEVS PLEASE LISTEN

Conradin
02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
We already have a healer class, even if its not the best. I would rather have a Druid class

WindBreakr
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Lol yeah totally. at least have skill trees lol. make this game more epic.

giayuan
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
judging from your name and your ideas, I assume you play or have played maplestory? ;)

Rebel
02-18-2011, 12:00 AM
I thought it would be really cool to change mages a bit and give them a weak heal and a medium self heal. and create a healer class such as a turtle or something. (leave ur ideas for the race below?)

the healer would have these skills

--an EPIC self heal with a 1 second cast time, (cast time should be introduced to the game)
--a good group heal (like current mage)
--resurrect group (like current mage)
--A self buff with 3-5min cool-down to have a seal that allows you to res yourself once until able to recast.
--A group buff to increase maxHP
--Another group buff to make attacks slow down mobs? (Buff)
--Luck, every once in a while an attack will trigger a 10 sec buff that gives the party double armor (buff)

Attacks can be

-- cause one regular mob to fight for you for some time (mob turns white)
--holy cannon? one shot that pierces up to 6 mobs, not much damage but can be used as combo with other races?
--Angels' wrath, holy fists slam down on mobs as a debuff
--chains of redemption? a white chain does DoT (damage over time) (5 hits) as long as you aren't receiving damage (the mob you are killing wont attack unless boss or semi boss)
-- a holy hammer smashes the ground and does AoE dmg and a debuff

Wind, you have some of the same exact ideas I had. Especially the insertion of cast times and "proper" skill trees. Made this thread some time ago.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3151-My-Suggestion-on-PvP-Balance

Tsarra
02-18-2011, 12:02 AM
What if this build could summon, had low hit points, and epic healing spells? That would be awesome. I would totally play a turtle then. :)

Summoning would be awesome. And this sounds like a summoner.

Angelicious
02-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I think it will be too complicated for a mobile game

giayuan
02-18-2011, 01:50 AM
I think it will be too complicated for a mobile game

:-/
dungeon defenders has mastered summoning lol jk.. but they have the idea down

WindBreakr
02-18-2011, 02:20 AM
judging from your name and your ideas, I assume you play or have played maplestory? ;)

yea I used to pretty grindtastic game.but its so successful coz its full of stuff like different trees and classes. So people use time and money playing through it all

Necrobane
02-18-2011, 02:36 AM
I think that cast times, although I love the idea wouldn't work because of the lag that lots of players endure. Good ideas though, keep em coming:)

WindBreakr
02-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Wind, you have some of the same exact ideas I had. Especially the insertion of cast times and "proper" skill trees. Made this thread some time ago.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3151-My-Suggestion-on-PvP-Balance

great minds think alike =]

WindBreakr
02-18-2011, 02:40 AM
thanks =]]]

WindBreakr
02-18-2011, 02:41 AM
would be really epic,
+10000000000000000000

WindBreakr
02-18-2011, 02:46 AM
by the way how bout a vampire class??

mehehehmemhemememeh