PDA

View Full Version : Increase xp from bosses (again)

Kujen
02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I know xp from bosses was already increased, but I think it should be even more. I looked once and got about 9 xp at level 53. Many people are skipping Gold Fever because they're xp farming and the xp is faster if you remake. But this is very annoying because I'd like to kill him and everyone leaves.

If bosses gave a good chunk of xp, maybe people will stick around more. Maybe you can give higher xp rewards to the ones that take longer to defeat. Just the main bosses that you have to clear to get to, not the minibosses.

I'd also like to see xp rewards for quests.

Echelong
02-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Yes I thought we where going to get like 15-20 exp from each boss without any exp bonus. For example if we get 15 from a boss this would turn a full group bonus of about 19 and without counting the xp form elixirs.

They told us that we would get exp from quests soon. How soon? the world may never know.

Pharcyde
02-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Agreed.... It takes just as long maybe a little longer to kill a boss then it does to clear a map. It should at least give more exp then 15 seconds of enemy nuking.... I was kinda disappointed with how little exp you get from bosses.

giayuan
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah... I expected a huge chunk..
Seriously, how much would it hurt you devs to let your players get some xp? LOL

Ricey
02-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Hear, hear, hear!

Echelong
02-18-2011, 07:17 AM
If developers gave this a chance it might solve the problem of people skipping the boss. They kill the mini bosses only because there are 4 or 5 mobs with him so it makes it worth killing them. If not nerf the bosses damage and place 5 or 7 mobs with each of them.

Kujen
02-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I only say not mini bosses because I think if they gave a lot of xp people would rush them and remake. You can't do that with main bosses anyway. I think people skip Gold Fever in particular because it's a long fight, but I still want to fight him..he's given me two pinks lol. If they gave a big chunk of xp then it would be more likely that nobody in the group bails. This would be true for Keeper too.

krazii
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Agree. Bosses should give at least 20 exp each given what it takes to take them out.

FluffNStuff
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Agree on main bosses and that mini-bosses should not be upped too much. I currently continuous kill the Beargular and get about 3 exp per kill. Can do two a minute so that is like 30 exp in 5 minutes. I think that is a good number because if it was higher then normal mob killing it would be kinda off balance.

Fyrce
02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Once more people get to 56, will there be more boss farming? Maybe we just need to wait until more people finish PL'ing.

Norbert
02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I would also like to see more xp from bosses for all the reasons above. I think the main issue currently is Goldy as that's the map most people use to level. I think on other maps people seem to usually do the boss.

Major
02-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Agreed. Final boss xp needs to go up so people have the determination to actually kill them rather than just worrying time. Mini bosses could use a boost but not much in my opinion.