PDA

View Full Version : Deflation Plaguing AL

raw
12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
So as many of you have probably noticed that since the prevention of plat farming a few months ago (which is what lead to the crazy inflation of prices throughout Arcane Legends), that prices have slowly but steadily dropped. While this was necessary, there was no counter measure set in place to offset the deflation that has occurred as a result of this.

ie. Arcane Ring 3 Para sold for 125m after the Halloween Event, and now sell for (maybe) 80m if you're lucky.

I'm not saying that the high prices before were okay because they weren't. However, what I am saying is that unless there is some mechanism of gaining gold, prices will continue to drop because people simply do not have any way of making gold. Farming isnt THAT profitable, and merching... well that's becoming obsolete now.

Here are a few suggestions to slow down the deflation, and put gold back into the wallets of players...

1) Add 50k gold drops back to crates
2) Add 1k+ loot drops from bosses. (There is no reason I should kill the Elite Planar Tombs 3 boss and receive 2 rare items and 20 gold)
3) Offer a log-in bonus where players receive a small amount of gold for every day that they log in, which gets higher for additional days logged in much like other applications. (ie 1k for logging in first day, 2k the second day, 5k the third day, and 5k for every day after that they log in). OR even give small platinum bonuses. This could be a smart move by STS to improve the amount of active players that log in every day.
4) Add gold loot to Elite Chests so that we aren't receiving epics and a rare worthless pink from Elite Golden Chests...
5) Reduce CS fees to promote players transacting

These are just a few of my ideas... but I'm sure there are other viable solutions.

If you have any ideas please feel free to post them. Lets keep this constructive!

- Raw

Candylicks
12-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes I agree with all of this. Even if they do:

1. Adding back in the 50K to craters
2. Increasing gold drops from bosses
3. Reduce CS fees

That would ROCk!

Magegrimm
12-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah I agree with this, well thought and constructive thread! Let's hope STS see this and actually implement this ideas to AL

Enterradora
12-23-2014, 02:15 PM
In PL that dont happen because the "crappy" ( items worthless ) can be deleted for a reasonable price scaled on item lvl and kind of rarity, i.e. low level 50 gold for item and max lvl 140-200 gold for item.

Atleast if u make a intense farm day and got nothing u can get back some gold.

obee
12-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Also, increasing liquadationrices of legendaries would circulate gold very fast.

mlb2005
12-23-2014, 02:40 PM
I think elite tindirin,shuyal,nord, and planar bosses should have 10k, 20k, and 40k gold pouches added as drops. They shouldn't be so rare it never drops either. The drop rate should be set where you see the 10k drop quite often and then tapered down for the 20k and 40k, but they should remain obtainable with effort.

Lets get people farming elites. Elites being the ultimate end game content should have people running all the time. Pugs should be possible in elite maps on a way greater frequency than what's occurring now. The game is broken the way it sits.

obee
12-23-2014, 02:42 PM
I think elite tindirin,shuyal,nord, and planar bosses should have 10k, 20k, and 40k gold pouches added as drops. They shouldn't be so rare it never drops either. The drop rate should be set where you see the 10k drop quite often and then tapered down for the 20k and 40k, but they should remain obtainable with effort.

Lets get people farming elites. Elites being the ultimate end game content should have people running all the time. Pugs should be possible in elite maps on a way greater frequency than what's occurring now. The game is broken the way it sits.
Yep. A lot of people are quitting. I remember when Tindirin came out, it was so easy to find a party for anything. Now, I barely log on, and most of my old friends have left the game because of these issues that are snowballing

Jiarijiba
12-23-2014, 02:54 PM
So what is actual the problem with falling prices, unless you have hoarded lots of gear. The market will fix itself as time goes by, and now it is just starting to happen.
I am happy to see that people that just merch will enjoy the falling market as everybody else does. Best of them will take this challenge and get even more richer XD

The idea of log-in bonus is good, that would help especially the new players to gain some gold. But again, someone would create 100 accounts just to exploit this :/

The gold drops from defeating bosses and completing tasks should be increased as you say. Why not reward people who actually play the game.

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 02:57 PM
So what is actual the problem with falling prices, unless you have hoarded lots of gear. The market will fix itself as time goes by, and now it is just starting to happen.
I am happy to see that people that just merch will enjoy the falling market as everybody else does. Best of them will take this challenge and get even more richer XD

The idea of log-in bonus is good, that would help especially the new players to gain some gold. But again, someone would create 100 accounts just to exploit this :/

The gold drops from defeating bosses and completing tasks should be increased as you say. Why not reward people who actually play the game.

yup log in bonus wont do good. Everyone would just make a million toons and transfer the gold.

Zeus
12-23-2014, 02:58 PM

The actual problem is that it discourages people to buy platinum. Why should someone buy 4M worth of ursume crates and 1700 platinum if the weapons that drop are valued at 5-13m?

ClumsyCactus
12-23-2014, 03:01 PM
The log-in bonus could be problems, people would abyss it and log in on like 10 accounts, thats 50k per day...

Jiarijiba
12-23-2014, 03:03 PM
The actual problem is that it discourages people to buy platinum. Why should someone buy 4M worth of ursume crates and 1700 platinum if the weapons that drop are valued at 5-13m?

Yeah STS business is other thing. There should be other things to buy with platinum that do not hurt the gameplay too much.

raw
12-23-2014, 03:08 PM

The market will not fix itself as times goes by because there is no influx of gold into the economy. This imbalance is what is causing the widespread deflation unless I'm misunderstanding something.
You do bring up a good point with the log-in bonus. People would definitely abuse this...

Energizeric
12-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Deflation is not the problem, but may be causing some side effects. The problem is overabundance of gear. Prices have to do with supply and demand, and right now there is more supply than demand. There are probably more helms and armors for sale in the auction than there are players that exist. Even mythic items are not so rare anymore as there are plenty to go around. There is plenty of gold in the game, the problem is that those who have the gold do not see anything out there that they wish to buy.

The issue of gradual deflation is due to there being no more plat farming (which was necessary), and many players are skeptical about investing their gold in gear because most items are gradually dropping in value. So most players are just holding their gold. Unfortunately there is no way to fix this issue except to cut down on the supply of new gear being released. Judging from the planar tombs and the new Icescale event gear, STS is doing exactly that, but it will take some time to see the positive results, hopefully in the next expansion. There is just too much level 41 gear that exists right now to ever be able to fix the issue.

aarrgggggg
12-23-2014, 04:57 PM
1:The number of players is rapidly declining

2:The majority of people still active are already have practically everything they desire

3:The people who have most everything they want either have no more gold to spend because there are few ways to make gold, or they just choose not to spend it because no better items have arrived and with constant deflation merching has become nothing more than a gold sink.

4:The loot system via locked crates has slowly been killing the economy since the day they were introduced which has become more noticeable as of recently

5:Buying plat and opening crates is one of the few ways left to make gold, and the more lockeds that are opened the bigger the problem becomes

Conclusion: The future of the AL looks bleak at best, with rapidly declining active players, a stale and continually deflating market, the fact that most devs have moved onto a new game.
AL will most likely become just like its predecessors.

Soon i see a "beta guild" one guild where all the top players go becoming the option that makes the most sense due to lack of activity in game.

All data points towards the fact that AL was designed for a maximum level cap of 36, everything done and introduced beyond 36 cap has been devs just making it up as they go, since originally there were no plans beyond 36. The current economy and state of AL is a culmination of those last minute plans being added in game, what it all boils down to is lack of planning beyond level 36 cap.

I already started a thread about this a few weeks ago heres the link, check it out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?190563-Lets-talk-about-rarity-and-devaluation&highlight=devaluation

I would like to think that some of the OP ideas would help but i am very doubtful of some miraculous turnaround as far as economy is concerned.

Dex Scene
12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I agree all of these except #1.
Nice points :)

Kakashis
12-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Yes, lately been hurting as all my hard earned gears depreciated. Worst was my maul which saw a 20m dip almost overnight, then my Elon bow which I lost a good 16m because of the new Frost bows (which aren't even great by the way) and finally my Medusa set saw a good 5m drop. I sometimes wonder why I still play

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Judging from the planar tombs and the new Icescale event gear, STS is doing exactly that, but it will take some time to see the positive results, hopefully in the next expansion. There is just too much level 41 gear that exists right now to ever be able to fix the issue.

At every previous cap levels even now there is always an overflow of items like 15-16, 20-21, 25-26 and so on.

Even now the items are still filling up the cs... not as much as before but enough for it to be less than 5k for pinks that has pretty good stats.

Songoku
12-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, lately been hurting as all my hard earned gears depreciated. Worst was my maul which saw a 20m dip almost overnight, then my Elon bow which I lost a good 16m because of the new Frost bows (which aren't even great by the way) and finally my Medusa set saw a good 5m drop. I sometimes wonder why I still play

I feel u bruh, i'm only play sometimes coz of pvp but even thats messed up with breeze and classes unblananced. So i just log in when im really really really bored to kill ppl. Lets face it this game is dead. It was good up till 21 cap, now its *bleh*

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 06:21 PM
I feel u bruh, i'm only play sometimes coz of pvp but even thats messed up with breeze and classes unblananced. So i just log in when im really really really bored to kill ppl. Lets face it this game is dead. It was good up till 21 cap, now its *bleh*

please. if you wanna see dead, visit any other STG game besides this. The graveyard is over there ---->

EQT
12-23-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't believe it is deflation as such. Yes item prices are going down but it is due to the growing player base. More players are gaining money. This is due to the recent events. They were rewarded with things such as para gems which rich people desire to put on their gear. So then every toon that got to platinum tier received this gem and were able to gain more or less one million gold. STS are making it easy to earn money for new players. It is a pretty good thing to be honest with you. The economy is balancing out.

And yes there has been an influx in new armor, which has identical stats to the previous armor. Which, by the by, I think that is POINTLESS and quite lazy to be frank. Please STS if you are reading this, I hope you can put in more variation in gear. I love the fact that the icescale armor has been introduced but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT make a similar version when new event comes out.

If you are running out of ideas about new items to implement in to the game, ASK YOUR PLAYERS.

AND IMO you rich guys with over 20m bank should not really complain.

Sir Lubo Penev
12-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Deflation isn't the cause of the problems. It is a result like everything else that is wrong in this game. Deflation is caused by the fact that supply hugely outweighs demand these days. And this is due to a number of reasons, the most notable being not old players quitting (which is also bad, not saying otherwise), but new players not joining the game. Or to be more precise - not enough new players joining the game + an increasing percentage of new players leaving very early (like at level 10-15). Let's not fool ourselves here - the success of an mmo game lies in the sheer number of players. It doesn't matter if a few uber rich players pour 300 million in the economy (as per one of these player's own words). It matters when 10 thousand players pour 30k each. Problem is there are no 10 thousand players who could do this. And there are no 10 thousand players, because.. well, I told you why - because they either don't join or leave early. Which in turn is caused by a number of reasons - technical issues (a very severe problem recently), poverty issues (yes, we need a way for new players to make gold, 50k in locks or elite bosses dropping 1-2-3k won't cut it), unprecedented scamming (yes, I've played other games and haven't seen anything like this here), events borderline unplayable for groups of undergeared low level players (the actual new players) etc. etc.

aarrgggggg
12-23-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't believe it is deflation as such. Yes item prices are going down but it is due to the growing player base. More players are gaining money. This is due to the recent events. They were rewarded with things such as para gems which rich people desire to put on their gear. So then every toon that got to platinum tier received this gem and were able to gain more or less one million gold. STS are making it easy to earn money for new players. It is a pretty good thing to be honest with you. The economy is balancing out.

And yes there has been an influx in new armor, which has identical stats to the previous armor. Which, by the by, I think that is POINTLESS and quite lazy to be frank. Please STS if you are reading this, I hope you can put in more variation in gear. I love the fact that the icescale armor has been introduced but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT make a similar version when new event comes out.

If you are running out of ideas about new items to implement in to the game, ASK YOUR PLAYERS.

A growing player base???? are we talking about the same game here????

Ask any GM of any of the top 10 guilds if activity is the same, more, or less than a few months ago, i guarantee the results would be a unanimous result, less activity.

Translation: less activity = less players

Ssneakykills
12-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes the cs one is a pain when you put something in cs for 5+ then it doesn't sell you lose 100k+ from putting it in there

Fyrce
12-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Um, isn't the gear to play what everyone's after? Who cares if such gear is 50k, 500k, 5m, or 50m?

Kriticality
12-23-2014, 09:16 PM
I would imagine the investments some speak of were an unfortunate consequence of buying at the wrong time. Very much like a housing bubble. It's difficult for me to imagine that anyone was meant to buy any item for more than they can hold for the trade. It's imploding the same way. There is no path at all available for most players to bridge the gap from an overpriced elon bow and an arcane ring. I'm sitting on thousands of plat that I regret and won't spend. I won't sell energy for less than I can make for ankhs after event and I've already popped 500 crates this event. If people bought at the height of plat farmers, or over lending for a house, you messed up, not the economy. I won't buy a ring for 80M and I won't play people that hold rings hostage for 80M unless I'm intoxicated. :) People buy nice cars and it depreciates when they drive it off the lot as most cars do. This is the way of most material things. The likely scenario is that these items were never meant to go for that much, hence the ban on some things for sts sponsored events. Rings and bows and pets will come down until they are at a price not just affordable, but that people are willing and want to pay. It's not so much as problem but a requisite for any market to fix itself. There will be plenty of people with gold that do well and people with gold that perhaps won't. Of course people can always hold and quit like it sounds like some did/are doing but that still increases playability for the other whatever percent you want to call them. We will see how it pans out but this is from a player that plays with Sam, just dumped elon bow. For me to buy my bow, I had to be close to believe it was possible. For me to get 3 sams and 2 rings, it's gotta seem possible. I'm not gonna pay 5k real money for it and I think a lot of players couldn't even if they wanted to. Some people may to buy and some people Prob already have but I don't see a whole lotta people running around arlor like that. The market will Prob end up where it should be.

mlb2005
12-23-2014, 09:20 PM

2:The majority of people still active are already have practically everything they desire

3:The people who have most everything they want either have no more gold to spend because there are few ways to make gold, or they just choose not to spend it because no better items have arrived and with constant deflation merching has become nothing more than a gold sink.

4:The loot system via locked crates has slowly been killing the economy since the day they were introduced which has become more noticeable as of recently

5:Buying plat and opening crates is one of the few ways left to make gold, and the more lockeds that are opened the bigger the problem becomes

Conclusion: The future of the AL looks bleak at best, with rapidly declining active players, a stale and continually deflating market, the fact that most devs have moved onto a new game.
AL will most likely become just like its predecessors.

Soon i see a "beta guild" one guild where all the top players go becoming the option that makes the most sense due to lack of activity in game.

All data points towards the fact that AL was designed for a maximum level cap of 36, everything done and introduced beyond 36 cap has been devs just making it up as they go, since originally there were no plans beyond 36. The current economy and state of AL is a culmination of those last minute plans being added in game, what it all boils down to is lack of planning beyond level 36 cap.

I already started a thread about this a few weeks ago heres the link, check it out http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?190563-Lets-talk-about-rarity-and-devaluation&highlight=devaluation

I would like to think that some of the OP ideas would help but i am very doubtful of some miraculous turnaround as far as economy is concerned.

I agree with this. As for #4 the whole aspect of locked chests having all the best gear is absurd. From a business standpoint it may make sense but from a players perspective it's in no way fun and there's hardly any reason to actually play the game. All these mythics should be obtainable through actually playing the harder elite dungeons.

When did gaming become so generic? The best game I've ever played the best armor and weapons came from killing monsters. They updated the game monthly with amazing quests where you recieved cool rewards but nothing game breaking where everyone was standing around wearing the same thing and using the same weapon.

The economy was always thriving. You didn't have 4 million people trying to get their hands on the same 20 super rare rings that are floating around. You had lower level people getting materials they could sell to the high level people who had plenty of gold so nobody was going hungry lol.

In conclusion, I would say this format of in game purchases is destroying mmorpgs. Paying monthly and having developers actually have to provide quality content to keep people playing was way better than this iap regurgitated garbage that's being pushed now. Maybe I'm just getting old haha.

Yumisa
12-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Haha, good thread ^^ STG Have to engage an economist now x)

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 10:08 PM
I agree with this. As for #4 the whole aspect of locked chests having all the best gear is absurd. From a business standpoint it may make sense but from a players perspective it's in no way fun and there's hardly any reason to actually play the game. All these mythics should be obtainable through actually playing the harder elite dungeons.

When did gaming become so generic? The best game I've ever played the best armor and weapons came from killing monsters. They updated the game monthly with amazing quests where you recieved cool rewards but nothing game breaking where everyone was standing around wearing the same thing and using the same weapon.

The economy was always thriving. You didn't have 4 million people trying to get their hands on the same 20 super rare rings that are floating around. You had lower level people getting materials they could sell to the high level people who had plenty of gold so nobody was going hungry lol.

In conclusion, I would say this format of in game purchases is destroying mmorpgs. Paying monthly and having developers actually have to provide quality content to keep people playing was way better than this iap regurgitated garbage that's being pushed now. Maybe I'm just getting old haha.

i agree with the old guy :)

epicrrr
12-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Haha, good thread ^^ STG Have to engage an economist now x)

Its never good when players fills the role of economist but heck, its fun discussing things economically and pit in our ideas about inflation/deflation, pricing, value and what the heck we can start AL stock exhange! I'd say the economy is stabilizing.

Caabatric
12-23-2014, 10:59 PM

Player population increasing ??? show me 50 lvl 1-3 players that arent alts or dummy farmers
Easy to make money??? teach me how to get an 10m in 1 month. farm locks?

Kriticality
12-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I can teach you 10M/month at current market if you're an end gamer but expect this number to gradually decrease over time. PM me.

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 11:22 PM
I can teach you 10M/month at current market if you're an end gamer but expect this number to gradually decrease over time. PM me.

im level 16. Can i atleast make half of that? Ill be happy forever lol

Raselph
12-23-2014, 11:29 PM
This couldn't actually be deflation, just IMO, not like a serious. In lockeds there are conquistadors, so many that probably more than the AL population. There is also supply and demand for every item, especially as of their stats. We also have way too many lv41 gears. Players are also holding their gold. We also do not have gold circulation, there's barely gold circulating.

Iliketolol
12-23-2014, 11:30 PM
IMO the game is just getting better.. Prices are just settling down to what it should've been!

NotYoCookiez
12-23-2014, 11:39 PM
I can't wait til I take Economics next year... It's so fascinating!

Caabatric
12-23-2014, 11:48 PM

Omg if this is true im set!!!

Raselph
12-24-2014, 02:49 AM
Omg if this is true im set!!!

1 yr and poof...lol

Energizeric
12-24-2014, 02:49 AM

Actually it is my understanding that during the halloween event, there were more players playing the game than ever before, which is why we had all these connection problems suddenly. Then releasing the planar tombs made it even worse.

It just seems like the number players is declining because many of the players you know from long ago have left. That is typical for these kinds of games, you will always have a natural turnover as people move on. So most of the new players are not end game pros yet, and many who have reached end game are not yet in your class to be able to compete with you. But overall there are more people playing AL now than ever before.

Anarchist
12-24-2014, 04:01 AM
Basically we were better off when we were worse cause people STILL platfarm and introduce more mythics/arcanes and energy kits than there should be. Who needs them has no gold to buy cause sts developed the only way to earn serious amounts of gold for already rich top geared players and the already rich top geared players do not need new mythics or arcanes on contrary they are costantly panic selling theirs each time a new event or double odds weekend is announced.
What else can i say? OnC.

elitwarrio
12-24-2014, 04:10 AM
please. if you wanna see dead, visit any other STG game besides this. The graveyard is over there ---->

Btw is true game was totally better untill 21 cap... Then im agree with Raw opened 4.5k plats in lockeds and got only legendary gears worth 500 golds wtf this is so crazy... why it would be good have a drop of 2k golds in lockeds? O.o

Instanthumor
12-24-2014, 04:40 AM

League

EQT
12-24-2014, 04:54 AM
Player population increasing ??? show me 50 lvl 1-3 players that arent alts or dummy farmers
Easy to make money??? teach me how to get an 10m in 1 month. farm locks?

Lol made 2m in 3 days of merching, loving this market atm. And as growing player base I meant more spread of wealth from alts, twinks and also new players.

Energizeric
12-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Basically we were better off when we were worse cause people STILL platfarm and introduce more mythics/arcanes and energy kits than there should be. Who needs them has no gold to buy cause sts developed the only way to earn serious amounts of gold for already rich top geared players and the already rich top geared players do not need new mythics or arcanes on contrary they are costantly panic selling theirs each time a new event or double odds weekend is announced.

The solution is to not come out with more arcane or mythic items, but instead come out with some elite legendary gear that is superior to what has previously been released and stays somewhat rare. That is exactly what STS is doing if you have noticed. Look at the Dark Crystal/Imbued gear and the new event Icescale gear which so far has stayed somewhat rare compared to the gear from previous events. Prior to the past few weeks, the only legendary gear that was really good was archon rings. We need items like that available in every slot, not just rings (archon) and weapons (planar/magma). It's just going to take some time for the solution to fix the problem. This problem was created over the period of 18 months, and cannot be corrected instantly.

famousfame
12-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Whoever thinks that market is stabilising is dead wrong what you guys are seeing i that end game has reached its conclusion and all we can get now is some good/bad event content. Sts had the magic just right when they did the sns event, this event was hugely popular and generated massive buzz with most end players involved, you even had groups of players that was funding a single runner and energy was selling for 35/40k. Why was this? Plat spamming? No, it was due to simple fact that lb rewards were well desirable, bah forget desirable they were wanted by everyone. Now sts managed to get some level of gamer participation on Halloween event as was evident by energy prices but sadly this event is total flop, energy is selling lower on event then it does off event which is first.
This is first time iv seen 2 bonus plat and 40% discount offers in space of month, this is first time iv seen 3 sets of mythics in 1 lvl cap. What does it mean? What does future hold? Will game still be active this time next year?????
Answers after the break........

"Winter is Coming" :O

Dalmony
12-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I feel like plat only vanities and pets used to be a much bigger part of the game in the past. With cap rises more frequent we were constantly getting new plat store items to entice people to spend money without opening locked. I play another f2p mmo where the plat store equivalent is flooded for choice with vanities, unique pets, and multitudes of special boxes bought directly for plat and free to open which contained chances at unique gear. Vanities and vanity weapons banners and effects were tradeable but Soulbind on equip.

Maybe STS could go down this route to encourage people to spend money, thus still making a revenue while putting separate in game mechanisms in place to help us farm/earn gold in the diverse ways listed above

aarrgggggg
12-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Actually it is my understanding that during the halloween event, there were more players playing the game than ever before, which is why we had all these connection problems suddenly. Then releasing the planar tombs made it even worse.

It just seems like the number players is declining because many of the players you know from long ago have left. That is typical for these kinds of games, you will always have a natural turnover as people move on. So most of the new players are not end game pros yet, and many who have reached end game are not yet in your class to be able to compete with you. But overall there are more people playing AL now than ever before.

I'm not saying your wrong about halloween event, Halloween event was a huge success as far as activity (at least it felt that way). But as far as there being more active players who login every day or every other day....... I would have to disagree with your statement.

I have no hard data to support my claim, as i know you also do not, so i suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this matter.

aarrgggggg
12-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Lol made 2m in 3 days of merching, loving this market atm. And as growing player base I meant more spread of wealth from alts, twinks and also new players.

Congratulations, you will need that 2m to buy ankhs for the next week or so of end game content. :)

obee
12-24-2014, 08:42 AM

You are right about people downloading the game a lot, but I remember reading an article saying that most players quit after the first 24 hours in an MMO.

Sir Lubo Penev
12-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Halloween event was 2 weeks. The year has 52. Misleading to measure activity solely by those said 2 weeks.

Azageeber
12-24-2014, 10:43 AM
I think all the ideas are really good. And about the 3rd point...At the beginnings of AL there was a such solution - Shazbot gave such daily reward (the 5-day period) but it has been quickly removed.

Wutzgood
12-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I actually know alot of people that haven't bothered with the lb in past events, but are going for this one because its not as crazy as others have been.

Giving an op pet to the lb was a bad idea and made it pay to win game as well as unhealthy. Now with it being a vanity only people that want to go for it. Not cause they have to.

The economy is righting itself. Like ener said the new gem armor and Icescale sets are still rare and it will take time.

As far as end game content costing ankhs its the players choice to spend ankhs on an area that is stated to be extremely hard. I haven't bothered it cause I don't want to spend for it. Its easier to buy the gear in auction than spend the ankh kits. No point to complaining how hard it is when it states its like that.

The main problem is that locked gear has been the same for too long. With all the events this time of year sts didn't have time for a new level cap. Next year when a new one comes out the market will get better.

aarrgggggg
12-24-2014, 12:10 PM
I actually know alot of people that haven't bothered with the lb in past events, but are going for this one because its not as crazy as others have been.

Giving an op pet to the lb was a bad idea and made it pay to win game as well as unhealthy. Now with it being a vanity only people that want to go for it. Not cause they have to.

The economy is righting itself. Like ener said the new gem armor and Icescale sets are still rare and it will take time.

As far as end game content costing ankhs its the players choice to spend ankhs on an area that is stated to be extremely hard. I haven't bothered it cause I don't want to spend for it. Its easier to buy the gear in auction than spend the ankh kits. No point to complaining how hard it is when it states its like that.

The main problem is that locked gear has been the same for too long. With all the events this time of year sts didn't have time for a new level cap. Next year when a new one comes out the market will get better.

If you dont buy ankhs and play end game content and you just buy your gear from auction.........
Then what do you do when you login??? stand around in town showing off the new gear you bought?

Not you specifically, everyone in general, but you see my point

Yumisa
12-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Yes, its good for everyone to share their ideas but most importantly you need to know about economics and also ( because this is a game with gold coins AND platinum which requires real life money) you need to adapt your basic knowledge of economics to this game :).

alot of ideas are good but most people are posting great ideas without any knowledge of the positive and negative consequences they could have. Economics is not about facts, its mostly about rationality and how you THINK people behave under different circumstances, you have to know the market of AL pretty well already to be able to predict if most people are going to buy this, farm this or sell that.

Wutzgood
12-24-2014, 02:08 PM
If you dont buy ankhs and play end game content and you just buy your gear from auction.........
Then what do you do when you login??? stand around in town showing off the new gear you bought?

Not you specifically, everyone in general, but you see my point

I play end game just not bothering with the tombs or arena because I don't want to spend a fortune in ankhs. Like the last arena they will be much easier once a new level cap comes. Regular elites don't waste ankhs like arena or tombs.

I personally always found farming locked more profitable than farming elites anyway. Plus I can do it while at work which I couldnt do with elites.

Basically tho the economy has to fix itself which takes time. By listening to everyone's ideas of how to fix it is how it came to be what it is today.

Energizeric
12-24-2014, 04:24 PM
You are right about people downloading the game a lot, but I remember reading an article saying that most players quit after the first 24 hours in an MMO.

Yes, that is true for all MMOs. The recent disconnect issues were a direct result of an overload of players playing the game. STS did not change anything, and their servers could not handle all the traffic, so we started having all these disconnects, and now they have had to make some changes.

The traffic on their servers have nothing to do with game downloads as those come from Apple's and Google's app store servers. The traffic on Spacetime's servers have to do with the number of people actually playing the game at any one time.

Arrowz
12-25-2014, 01:26 AM
Halloween event was 2 weeks. The year has 52. Misleading to measure activity solely by those said 2 weeks.

Halloween was 2 weeks ago? Lol what planet do u live on? As for deflation, i just learned thst this plat sale will be going through january 2. If this is true then this economy will take forever to recover. Prices on many things has already plummeted and its only been 6 days. Imagine what will happen if this plat sale continues for over another week. Sts, plat sales are great and i was stoked to get 1700 plat for $55 when normally $50 gets u 600 plat but at some point enough is enough. The economy will be trashed if this plat sale doesnt come to an end soon

Haligali
12-25-2014, 03:38 AM
Halloween was 2 weeks ago? Lol what planet do u live on? As for deflation, i just learned thst this plat sale will be going through january 2. If this is true then this economy will take forever to recover. Prices on many things has already plummeted and its only been 6 days. Imagine what will happen if this plat sale continues for over another week. Sts, plat sales are great and i was stoked to get 1700 plat for $55 when normally $50 gets u 600 plat but at some point enough is enough. The economy will be trashed if this plat sale doesnt come to an end soon

He said halloween lasted for 2 weeks, not that was it 2 week before,and I agree with the rest, black friday lasted 5 days, a pretty long 'friday', and this plat sale now for weeks..

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Sir Lubo Penev
12-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Mate, read a bit more carefully before you comment, alright? :)

Anyway, I agree with all you say. In my opinion, plat sales and double odds "weekends", so frequent and lasting so long, can only mean one thing - game fails to meet its financial goals. I see no other logical explanation.

Arrowz
12-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Mate, read a bit more carefully before you comment, alright? :)

Anyway, I agree with all you say. In my opinion, plat sales and double odds "weekends", so frequent and lasting so long, can only mean one thing - game fails to meet its financial goals. I see no other logical explanation.

Fail reading my bad, but yah this plat sale needs to end soon. People in my guild, including myself are sitting on piles of plat that we cant spend because the economy has been trashed by sale. end the sale, SOOOONNN

CouchPass
12-25-2014, 11:03 AM
So as many of you have probably noticed that since the prevention of plat farming a few months ago (which is what lead to the crazy inflation of prices throughout Arcane Legends), that prices have slowly but steadily dropped. While this was necessary, there was no counter measure set in place to offset the deflation that has occurred as a result of this.

ie. Arcane Ring 3 Para sold for 125m after the Halloween Event, and now sell for (maybe) 80m if you're lucky.

I'm not saying that the high prices before were okay because they weren't. However, what I am saying is that unless there is some mechanism of gaining gold, prices will continue to drop because people simply do not have any way of making gold. Farming isnt THAT profitable, and merching... well that's becoming obsolete now.

Here are a few suggestions to slow down the deflation, and put gold back into the wallets of players...

1) Add 50k gold drops back to crates
2) Add 1k+ loot drops from bosses. (There is no reason I should kill the Elite Planar Tombs 3 boss and receive 2 rare items and 20 gold)
3) Offer a log-in bonus where players receive a small amount of gold for every day that they log in, which gets higher for additional days logged in much like other applications. (ie 1k for logging in first day, 2k the second day, 5k the third day, and 5k for every day after that they log in). OR even give small platinum bonuses. This could be a smart move by STS to improve the amount of active players that log in every day.
4) Add gold loot to Elite Chests so that we aren't receiving epics and a rare worthless pink from Elite Golden Chests...
5) Reduce CS fees to promote players transacting

These are just a few of my ideas... but I'm sure there are other viable solutions.

If you have any ideas please feel free to post them. Lets keep this constructive!

- Raw

Excuse me, but why would people still farm if they got bonuses everyday. It's free money! I agree with 1, 2, 4 but I don't necessarily agree with 5. STS is trying to keep it real here. If you reduce the amount of fees then there would also be the effect of a gold sink to think about. :) Other than that, I think these ideas would help.

CouchPass
12-25-2014, 11:06 AM
Fail reading my bad, but yah this plat sale needs to end soon. People in my guild, including myself are sitting on piles of plat that we cant spend because the economy has been trashed by sale. end the sale, SOOOONNN

You might want to try investing Arrowz. While the prices are down, I've seen many rare items go for less than half their actual price. For example, there was a Devourer Maul of Assault level 10 in Auction for only 90k. The regular price for that item is 180k-200k. You could easily make a profit off of that. Hope this helped you decide what to do while waiting for the Plat Sale to end :).

raw
12-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Excuse me, but why would people still farm if they got bonuses everyday. It's free money! I agree with 1, 2, 4 but I don't necessarily agree with 5. STS is trying to keep it real here. If you reduce the amount of fees then there would also be the effect of a gold sink to think about. :) Other than that, I think these ideas would help.

haha you're right about the bonuses. Bad idea =P

Wutzgood
12-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Deflation, inflation, recession, depression seen them all here in topics. Basically no matter what the economy is like people will complain about it.

What I do know is when a new level cap comes the whole economy will switch around and people will complain about how bad it is.

CheifR
12-31-2014, 03:30 PM
That person might have a gambling problem...

Universalpro
12-31-2014, 04:01 PM
If they reduce CS fees it will ruin merchers

Universalpro
12-31-2014, 04:06 PM
U reduce cs fees merchers leave the game lolol
Whole merching is based on the cs fees and the insecuirty of the item being undercut/not selling

Serancha
12-31-2014, 05:47 PM
This is all nonsense. The reason values on items are decreasing is because there is nothing new for people to buy.

Most people have gold, but why would they buy a frost bow when they already have a perfect and/or paragemmed elondrian bow? Why would they buy a second elondrian bow when they have one already? Imbued armour and amulet recipes were introduced but drop at such a low rate that the only ones making money off them are those who have tens of millions of gold to waste on chests. So the extremely rich just keep getting richer.

The problem is STS keeps releasing crap gear and re-releasing the same mythics over and over until the market is oversaturated. I think if some good new gear came out that was actually obtainable - still rare, Energizeric - but not stupid recipe rare - you would discover that people have plenty of gold, they are just holding it until there is something worth buying. Right now there is not.

Giving 50K drops back to crate poppers is NOT going to help the economy. Adding 50K drops to bosses MIGHT do some good, but I am not even convinced of that.

BaronB
01-01-2015, 01:38 AM
This is all nonsense. The reason values on items are decreasing is because there is nothing new for people to buy.

Most people have gold, but why would they buy a frost bow when they already have a perfect and/or paragemmed elondrian bow? Why would they buy a second elondrian bow when they have one already? Imbued armour and amulet recipes were introduced but drop at such a low rate that the only ones making money off them are those who have tens of millions of gold to waste on chests. So the extremely rich just keep getting richer.

The problem is STS keeps releasing crap gear and re-releasing the same mythics over and over until the market is oversaturated. I think if some good new gear came out that was actually obtainable - still rare, Energizeric - but not stupid recipe rare - you would discover that people have plenty of gold, they are just holding it until there is something worth buying. Right now there is not.

Giving 50K drops back to crate poppers is NOT going to help the economy. Adding 50K drops to bosses MIGHT do some good, but I am not even convinced of that.
Nail on the head.

The new imbued gear is step in the right direction, just need more of it.

Even buffing the old armors thats out now an avaliable from elites could work as a temporary fix.

For example magma gears can be upgraded farming teeth which will also give bonus stat boost when wearing the set.

Maybe even different stat boost for different armor (tactical gives dex boost, force gives str n brut give intel) (just a random idea)

But at least that way can bring life and meaning back to farming again.

With plenty new buffed gear and stats all over the place, can make the game alot more versatile and interesting to play rather then its biggest selling point these days being the social aspect of the game.

Zeus
01-01-2015, 11:29 AM

I just wanted to clarify...nobody makes money by opening these chests, not even me. I'm opening because gambling is about the only fun thing left in the game and at the same time, it gives a few Midas Touches back to the economy while allowing the new imbued gear to be slightly more common. Ask LethalJade, ask Maarkus, ask me. We're the most avid planar chest poppers and none of us make profit overall on these chests.

regizakirs.rs
01-01-2015, 12:15 PM
The solution is to not come out with more arcane or mythic items, but instead come out with some elite legendary gear that is superior to what has previously been released and stays somewhat rare. That is exactly what STS is doing if you have noticed. Look at the Dark Crystal/Imbued gear and the new event Icescale gear which so far has stayed somewhat rare compared to the gear from previous events. Prior to the past few weeks, the only legendary gear that was really good was archon rings. We need items like that available in every slot, not just rings (archon) and weapons (planar/magma). It's just going to take some time for the solution to fix the problem. This problem was created over the period of 18 months, and cannot be corrected instantly.
I've stated this exact thing a few months ago there's no bridge between legendary and mythic gear. I like the idea of elite legendary gear[emoji106]

Yumisa
01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Just wanted to remind you that adding 50K gold rewards in locked chests will also make the price of locked chests rise to compensate, therefore it will not generate more money ( in general).I don't have a suggestion, i don't know what should be done however 50k gold rewards from bosses does not seem like a bad idea, but i haven't thought it through alot.

Cool1t
01-02-2015, 01:26 PM
ok so im leveling up one of my twinks from 8-21 i run dead city ALOT and not once have i seen a pug more then once