PDA

View Full Version : Rifle or Planar Staff

Deathlyreaper
12-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Hi im just wondering whether(I think I spelled that wrong) the expedition rifle of brutality is still better than planar staff of brutality in pvp since the planar will now just attack the enemies

aquascaper
12-23-2014, 08:56 PM
I use an expedition rifle of brutality as well as a planar rod of potency. It is a good idea to get both as you can as they both have their strengths and weaknesses. While using the planar rod your skills don't do as much damage because the dmg is lower than the expedition rifle. However, the planar rod does have a killer proc. That is why, when 1v1'ing people (esp mages), with similar gear quality to me, I try to stun, then proc the planar, then finally switch to the expedition rifle to deal more damage for the duration of the fight. It has worked pretty well so far as the staff procs quite often.

Personally, I have the expedition brutality and assault as well as the planar potency and fatality (will be replaced with a brutality sometime though). I strongly recommend getting both an expedition rifle and a planar rod.

Good luck!

-aquascaper

Deathlyreaper
12-25-2014, 01:21 AM
I use an expedition rifle of brutality as well as a planar rod of potency. It is a good idea to get both as you can as they both have their strengths and weaknesses. While using the planar rod your skills don't do as much damage because the dmg is lower than the expedition rifle. However, the planar rod does have a killer proc. That is why, when 1v1'ing people (esp mages), with similar gear quality to me, I try to stun, then proc the planar, then finally switch to the expedition rifle to deal more damage for the duration of the fight. It has worked pretty well so far as the staff procs quite often.

Personally, I have the expedition brutality and assault as well as the planar potency and fatality (will be replaced with a brutality sometime though). I strongly recommend getting both an expedition rifle and a planar rod.

Good luck!

-aquascaper

I bought the planar staff of bru and did a test..... I went to tindrin and tested my ice with planar staff on an archer and it dealt 785dmg. I use my expedition rifle of bru on the same mob and it dealt 885 dmg personally I think staff might be better since its proc does around 100-250 dmg for me and the rifle had 2 glacial gems on it while the planar didnt

aquascaper
12-25-2014, 02:38 AM
I bought the planar staff of bru and did a test..... I went to tindrin and tested my ice with planar staff on an archer and it dealt 785dmg. I use my expedition rifle of bru on the same mob and it dealt 885 dmg personally I think staff might be better since its proc does around 100-250 dmg for me and the rifle had 2 glacial gems on it while the planar didnt

When testing, remember to test a few times as the dmg varies (read skill info).

Having an expe is nice for kiting (running around boss while firing) as well.

extrapayah
12-25-2014, 04:10 AM
get magma instead... better proc

Deathlyreaper
12-25-2014, 11:45 AM
When testing, remember to test a few times as the dmg varies (read skill info).

Having an expe is nice for kiting (running around boss while firing) as well.

Yeah I did more testing and about same result..Also I thought you can auto aim with staff I did that before they must have taken it

Kreasadriii
12-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Ignore the proc while the focus on the calculation of the damage that your skills did.
Proc doesn't always appear, but damage from gun very affected the skills damage (if you prefer to use total skill attack), so my choice, exped brut, IMO.

extrapayah
12-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah I did more testing and about same result..Also I thought you can auto aim with staff I did that before they must have taken it

i believe staff that normally hits 1 enemy can still auto-aim, e.g. devourer staff

Deathlyreaper
12-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Ignore the proc while the focus on the calculation of the damage that your skills did.
Proc doesn't always appear, but damage from gun very affected the skills damage (if you prefer to use total skill attack), so my choice, exped brut, IMO.

But the proc on planar staff does appear almost always.

aquascaper
12-27-2014, 11:51 AM
But the proc on planar staff does appear almost always.

I'm kind of bummed that you can't stack procs from the same character's staff. That's how often it procs

Deathlyreaper
12-27-2014, 11:37 PM
I forgot that when the planar staff procs it knockbacks enemies in pvp constantly its annoying when you get hit

Raselph
12-28-2014, 01:46 AM

Hey aqua,

As u are mentioning above the damage on the same mob but different weapon type. The planar rod DPS is higher than the expedition brut and assault version. The skill and weapon damage depend upon the weapons dps. For eg when I used planar rod of brut perfect glacial gem and used lightning charged, it dealt 2850 on a critic. While on the expedition the max damage it could deal was 2250. Why don't you try using the same gems like normal gems on the rod and the rifle? Maybe then you can find out the exact diff upon their dps.

Deathlyreaper
01-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Hey aqua,

As u are mentioning above the damage on the same mob but different weapon type. The planar rod DPS is higher than the expedition brut and assault version. The skill and weapon damage depend upon the weapons dps. For eg when I used planar rod of brut perfect glacial gem and used lightning charged, it dealt 2850 on a critic. While on the expedition the max damage it could deal was 2250. Why don't you try using the same gems like normal gems on the rod and the rifle? Maybe then you can find out the exact diff upon their dps.

I thought the skill matters on dmg and not dps?Also with planar on pvp and the planar proc kills it doesnt count sts should fix this

aquascaper
01-03-2015, 07:27 PM
I thought the skill matters on dmg and not dps?Also with planar on pvp and the planar proc kills it doesnt count sts should fix this

+1 on making kills by the proc count :)

Wevaxa
01-27-2015, 03:41 PM
I prefer guns than staff but then again you get better int on most staffs