PDA

View Full Version : Galactic overlord tips needed

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM
we've been trying for 30mins lol

Echelong
02-17-2011, 02:24 PM
To kill him you need to take down the shield with the barrels. Just take him close to a barrel and explode it. This will give you a few seconds to damage him. Use a damage pot and tank pot.

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 02:26 PM
i get the theory but it aint working :(

KingFu
02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Overlord is pretty basic. Just use damage and tank pots, if mages heal and archers break armor, he should go down fairly easy. The only tip I can give you is to use the barrels to break his shield.

Echelong
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
You can get him close to the barrels by getting on the wall to the area where you enter. Then he will go close to that wall and you can hit the barrel to take down the shield.

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
anyone wanna show us how its done lol

KingFu
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
90% of it is having a good party.

Echelong
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
I can't at the moment sorry. Just get him close tot he area where you enter to fight him. Hide behind the wall and you will get him close enough for the barrels to hit him.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
02-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I'll help you, IGN: RATTANNAGRA lvl 50 str bear.

Rolocoaster
02-17-2011, 02:47 PM
me too ign : Rolocoaster

superglut2
02-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I can solo him so add me if u need help

Fyrce
02-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Um, is there a problem w/ using a bird or two? Bird's blast shot takes his shield down. Just make sure bird has tank pot AND still pays attention in case they need to spam hp pots. If bird can survive (level 50 w/ gear and/or str bird), then they can use bow or gun. If not, have then use wing and talon, because it's their blast shot you want.

Getting OL close enough to barrels is a pain, but easiest is try to keep him near one or two so when they spawn you can explode that barrel immediately.

Birds really make it much faster though.

And no, you can't do this to the Keeper's shield. And yes, a good bird can survive by hp pot spamming BUT it has to be near perfect or maybe greater than level 50(?). Safer with tank pot at least for bird and maybe for mages as well.

Royce
02-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah use a bird. I don't think I've even fought him using the barrels since we found out blast shot removes the shield.

Physiologic
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Is the blast shot removing the shield thing labeled a glitch? Doesn't make sense nor is it fair that a bird can take down a shield but a mage/bear has to rely on barrels.

Fyrce
02-17-2011, 03:51 PM
It's part of the strategy of taking him down. You're supposed to figure it out. Besides, I think maybe barrels were too frustrating :P

I like taking him down in under a minute. I thought someone posted a time once, but can't remember exactly. He goes down fast though.

Echelong
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Is the blast shot removing the shield thing labeled a glitch? Doesn't make sense nor is it fair that a bird can take down a shield but a mage/bear has to rely on barrels.

Not sure about that but at least for my part taking him down with the barrels is easy. Blast shot sure does help but its an easy fight at least once you have good gear.

Doubletime
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I could take him down solo with my full dex bird in void gear. Just needed a tank pot and a damage pot to make sure he went down fast. Definately just need a tank potted bird to make it quick with a full party.

I remember trying without a bird in the party with my bear and it seemed like it took forever. The barrel thing was pretty frustrating.

CanonicalKoi
02-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Pot. I use tank and melee on my bird. Don't need barrels to take the shield down, a bird can with blast shot. We did it earlier today, me and mostly level 50's. Took less than a minute. Probably less than 30 secs.

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 04:19 PM
We didn't have a bird, the barrel thing was soooo slow lol

CanonicalKoi
02-17-2011, 07:53 PM
We didn't have a bird, the barrel thing was soooo slow lol

Ah, that didn't help. :( Birds--don't leave home (or smack things) without one! :)

FluffNStuff
02-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Man, ao3 bosses are gonna be awfull for future generations of pl players. All the knowlege the hardcore have acumulated will be lost or gathering dust in a barely read forum thread. For those that dont power level past it may experience the challenge that the swamps bosses once were.

Zeus
02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
i get the theory but it aint working :(

I got a video on it I believe in the PLGUIDES Channel on youtube? It should be one of the last videos. The clip is hidden somewhere towards the end of the video I believe.

Junside
02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I never knew Blast Shot took down his shield... is this the same for all others with shields? What if it's part of Cruel Shot?

Palyna
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
There was once I joined a full group with two birds in it and we killed it in less than 1 min. Another time, with 1 bird but he did not use tank pot and keep dying, me and another mage took forever to kill him, maybe 30 min as well. That mage got a little pissed off and said he could solo OL faster with his bird.

Physiologic
02-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Man, ao3 bosses are gonna be awfull for future generations of pl players. All the knowlege the hardcore have acumulated will be lost or gathering dust in a barely read forum thread. For those that dont power level past it may experience the challenge that the swamps bosses once were.

I get at least 40-50 visits a day on my AO3 guide according to photobucket :p It still works!

Zeus
02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
I never knew Blast Shot took down his shield... is this the same for all others with shields? What if it's part of Cruel Shot?

Blast shot will remove an elf's shield in PvP. For bosses you generally need the cruel blast combo to take down his shield.

Junside
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Strange... whenever I used Blast Shot or Cruel Shot or anything on a boss, it never took the shield away. I'm fighting Keeper and it just stays on him for like, a minute!

KingFu
02-17-2011, 09:57 PM
It depends on the boss usually. Cruel blast won't break the shield, only barrels will.

Sky../
02-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Blast shot does not work on keeper's shield

Moogerfooger
02-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Blast shot does work on OL, however. Haven't run him in a while so can't remember if it was Cruel Blast only, or just blast shot, but I always did Cruel Blast anyway....takes that shield off like a dress on prom night. I'd have to go run it again and could be wrong, but pretty sure no barrels needed.

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
anyone on wanna join me in ao3?

CanonicalKoi
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM

It's not fair that mages get mana shield and can get past fire grates. It's not fair that bears have armor that gets them past fire grates. It's not fair that birds have neither mana shield or decent armor to get them past fire grates. It wasn't fair when a barrel blew yesterday (not killing me) but pushing me into a fire grate just as it exploded and finished me off. :) (I'm teasing you, in case the tone doesn't come through). I think the idea was to encourage teamwork/mixed groups which isn't a bad thing. And, since there's a work-around for groups that don't include birds, I don't think it's particularly unfair.

Fyrce
02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't forget if you get the barrel thing working well, it helps (helped?) in Shadow Caves with the shielded guys and the barrelled room outside. It's just like the rest of the game -- it's good to learn how to play and to experiment and adjust to the mob and to your group.

Norbert
02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
I thought it was just Cruel Blast that takes down OL shield, though not positive. You can do him with two archers and zero elixers if you have just a little patience.

First archer gets aggro and glitches OL against wall. Second archer steps into doorway and uses cruel blast, then gun/bow. Don't use any push (repel shot), but use everything else. At some point OL will change aggro to bird two, chug an HP pot or two while going to glitch spot and first archer takes over. Stay in the doorway to be quick back to glitch spot.

It takes a bit of time, but I like the feeling of doing it without pots. With both archers taking damage pot I think it would fly. We would also use our mages to clear the level first, then swap out to archer (in VL).

By the way, go to OL room first and dispose of Lorekeepers before OL spawns. Much easier that way. Otherwise it's just everybody pot up and go button mashing.