PDA

View Full Version : Stop Reviving Old Posts!!!

DanielRH
02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
{Original Message}Hi all.

I would like to ask people to STOP REVIVING OLD POSTS!!!

If you would like to discuss something, please make a NEW thread about it, do not revive posts that have been dormant for months! (and no it's not a volcano :))

Thanks!!!{/original messages}

Hi All :)

I would like to UN-THANK The certain peoples who revived this thread after 6 months lol :highly_amused:

StompArtist
02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I am so going to rev this in 6 months. :D

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
*goes to find oldest forum post to bring back*

Kossi
02-17-2011, 04:24 PM
*goes to find oldest forum post to bring back*

Deja Vu...

yea apparently you get banned if you bring back old threads for no reason

Physiologic
02-17-2011, 04:26 PM
If the thread has useful information in it or if the necroposter has something insightful/useful to say that is beneficial for the community, I don't think necroposting is bad. But if it's something like

cool story bro

then that's stupid.

From SamHaynes (an admin):

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

* Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.
* Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Barbamitsos
02-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi all.

I would like to ask people to STOP REVIVING OLD POSTS!!!

If you would like to discuss something, please make a NEW thread about it, do not revive posts that have been dormant for months! (and no it's not a volcano :))

Thanks!!!

Let me see.... If u want me so mch to not revive an Old post ill go to the most useless old post and revive it :)

Echelong
02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Deja Vu...

Kossi you revived like 40 old threads lol

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Deja Vu...

Just make sure your on topic otherwise they wouldn't have a search box to find similar posts

TwinkTastical
02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
This thread is aimed at the noob we call, Kossi.

Uh oh, he might make a thread to get me banned.

Kossi
02-17-2011, 04:57 PM
This thread is aimed at the noob we call, Kossi.

Uh oh, he might make a thread to get me banned.

i didnt revive the any threads lately.... what are you talking about

TwinkTastical
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
i didnt revive the any threads lately.... what are you talking about

Oh, you see, its what we call adding intrest to a post.

All posts need a good argument..... So for the sake of keeping this alive, That one you did 6 days ago.

Kossi
02-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Oh, you see, its what we call adding intrest to a post.

All posts need a good argument..... So for the sake of keeping this alive, That one you did 6 days ago.

Gratz to TheLoneArcher??

TwinkTastical
02-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Gratz to TheLoneArcher??

No, the other other one...

Newb.

RedRyder
02-17-2011, 05:26 PM
twink leave it be :) before i leave something fierce in your toilet

Pharcyde
02-17-2011, 05:45 PM
twink leave it be :) before i leave something fierce in your toilet

or majestic... Who ever said it had to be deadly or fierce.. Its art you know... ;)

Protank
02-18-2011, 03:11 AM
I don't get it.

Why not?

RedRyder
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
It takes up space I guess. I could honestly careless, although it's fun sometimes looking back at the dates and how much it's changed now

BeardedBear
02-18-2011, 08:15 AM
It does suck when some of the older forums members do this, but it's just as annoying when the newer people search back that far and comment on the thread like it's still relevant. (at least I hope they are using the search feature, because that's a lot of threads to dig through)

Dizzy
02-18-2011, 01:17 PM
It can be annoying because sometimes the title of a necro'd post gets you excited -- found the secret to farming rare pinks!! -- and you open it and it's from 6 months ago and the information is either already common knowledge or is obsolete. That little thrill you feel at discovering something new deflates and you groan as you realize you wasted your time opening the thread.

On the other hand, I find it just as annoying to have 6 threads on the same topic, especially when the topic has been answered several times -- often on the post right below the newest post. So yay for newbies who at least search...?

StompArtist
10-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I am so going to rev this in 6 months. :D

Rev!

NoobianOfAlterra
10-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Rev!
lololol...(not loling ;))

DanielRH
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Rev!
Gonna kill u, i told u not to revive this! GAH!!!!!! :dread:

Nick41324
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
rev!
lol im still laughing

TANKKAAR
10-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Rev!

Your late! This is unacceptable .....lol

drewcapu
10-06-2011, 03:58 PM
As I said in chatbox...

I admit to subscribing to this thread oh so long ago so that I could rev it at the 6-month mark in case Stomp forgot to. But when the 6-month mark came about, there weren't any good necro'd threads to make this thread relevant.

Ya, you can blame me for reminding Stomp. But I thank Wounded for giving me a reason to remind him.

I also thank both Stomp and Dan for being in chatbox at the same time so we can all appreciate this thread and have a good laugh :)

Rare
10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Rev!
That's dedication!!!

StompArtist
10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
As I said in chatbox...

I admit to subscribing to this thread oh so long ago so that I could rev it at the 6-month mark in case Stomp forgot to. But when the 6-month mark came about, there weren't any good necro'd threads to make this thread relevant.

Ya, you can blame me for reminding Stomp. But I thank Wounded for giving me a reason to remind him.

I also thank both Stomp and Dan for being in chatbox at the same time so we can all appreciate this thread and have a good laugh :)

I wonder how many of those you are subscribed to!

WoundedEagle
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
As I said in chatbox...

All in a days work ;)

DanielRH
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
As I said in chatbox...

Conspirator! :D

I gotta admit that it WAS pretty funny ;)

adidaman
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
I approve this revival.

Paar
01-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Like I always say! Hater will be necroing, noobs be running, but Ill be reviving this in a while! Just kidding Epic Fail... I AGREE NECROING SUCK!!!!

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Adida reved!

Artemis
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Whos it bothering... Not like the forums will die if you revive a old thread..

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Check the SL forums...

Bunnyshoota
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Lol ironic due to the title.....................
Daniel, your points not getting across;/

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Stomp reved it 8 months later.

StompArtist
01-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Stomp reved it 8 months later.

Drewcapu reminded me! :D

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Lmao Stomp I missed this one.. tho Dan would be breaking out at adid right about now.. :D

Gaddy
01-18-2012, 08:43 PM
you realize we are going to continue reviving this thread once every few month from now until the end of time, don't you?