PDA

View Full Version : sever going down notice

GoofyYno
02-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I wish you would give an accurate notice before servers go down. I was on today when a notice of servers going down for update in 1/2 hour appeared. OK I thought I'll play one or two more times. I just bought a 6,000 gold elixir (which I never do) got 5-6 kills in, and off it goes.
I know you cant have a countdown, but either use more accurate numbers (30, 15. 5 etc0 or say going down soon.
thanks

Junside
02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Are you sure it didn't say "Server will be shut down in 5 minutes for 30 minutes"?

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I saw the post so I knew it was coming, but for others a notice an hour early would be nice.

Major
02-17-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought they normaly say like 5 mins, then 4 mins, then 3 mins, ect.....at least thats what happened to me the last time but have not been on all day so cant say if they did that today.

Royce
02-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah they start 5 mInutes out and send another every minute. Still they are not exactly accurate. A little while back I was with a team in hideout and we got the 5 minutes notice. I wad hoping we'd still have enough time to tackle GF, but the 3 minutes warning came right after the fight started and immediately after people started getting booted. There should have supposedly been about 2 min 45 sec at least when I got dumped off.

FluffNStuff
02-17-2011, 06:31 PM
They did do 5 then 4 then 3 etc today. Wierd thing is bearded bought a luck pot after the warning and i thought that was suposed to be disbled.

Dizzy
02-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I didn't see any warnings. I knew the server shutdown was coming, so I was looking for warnings, and nothing showed. Then again, I was half asleep and soloing Bandit Boys Hideout mobs, so maybe I missed them. :/

It did go down earlier than announced, tho, by about 15 minutes. Not a huge deal, but annoying if you're expecting to have more time and pot up.

asommers
02-17-2011, 06:59 PM
For all scheduled downtime, I try to give notice at least 12 hours in advance. I make a forum post and post on Facebook.

For all expected shutdowns (content updates), there should be a minimum 5 minute countdown, which you're supposed to see every minute, and you're not supposed to be allowed to purchase elixirs during that time.

For all unexpected shutdowns, well, there is no warning and the server will auto-restart and the programmers (Futumsh and I) are paged.

Since I see the countdown, I assume everyone did as well. If some users saw the countdown and some users did not, there could be a bug.

-ALS

GoofyYno
02-17-2011, 07:06 PM
For all expected shutdowns (content updates), there should be a minimum 5 minute countdown, which you're supposed to see every minute, and you're not supposed to be allowed to purchase elixirs during that time.

-ALS
I don't think I saw it say in 5 min there will be a shut down for 30 min, but if I did miss read it, it still allowed me to buy an elixir 1 minute prior to going off line. maybe a bug?

Major
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a bug to me....

Aerospacegod
02-17-2011, 07:39 PM
spacetime should get a cat for the office, their great at catching mice and bugs and such.

KingFu
02-17-2011, 07:40 PM
spacetime should get a cat for the office, their great at catching mice and bugs and such.

Clever. Not witty. But oh so clever.

FluffNStuff
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Thought that was what the raid roach recurve was for. Maybe the devs need to fortify it :)

giayuan
02-17-2011, 09:49 PM
They did do 5 then 4 then 3 etc today. Wierd thing is bearded bought a luck pot after the warning and i thought that was suposed to be disbled.

Why would it be disabled? :-/