PDA

View Full Version : Omg need help!!

Brownback
12-25-2014, 03:56 AM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2455914.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:12488287130|tsid:59158|cid:200223050|lid :94811650130|nw:g|crid:49890995450|rnd:13076022454 687178037|dvc:c|adp:1o2|bku:1

I got this laptop for christmas, i thought it was going to be really good; im not much of a laptop know-it-all anyway.

I just opened it and downloaded chrome and mouse and mousepad delayed so much... then when i am loading AL, the pack update is so laggy and mouse lags and everything horrible.. it is even lagging now. DOES anyone HAVE any advice to help me fix this computer and do something like overclock the computer.. idk? Please help and make my christmas present become better c: thanks

Puffinnn
12-25-2014, 04:18 AM
That link is like a paragraph long. .-.
It doesn't work aswell.

Brownback
12-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Here is a shortened link

http://tinyurl.com/nseak7x

Energizeric
12-25-2014, 05:02 AM
Sorry to tell you, but any computer that cost less than $500 is not going to be suitable for action gaming. If that was your budget for a gaming machine, you should have gotten an iPad or Galaxy tablet.

Alhuntrazeck
12-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Check your framerate in chrome://flags and post it here, please. Also double check your Date & Time: my AL lagged a lot when I accidentally set my Mac's date to 1st Jan 2000, lol.

Appeltjes
12-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Just a tip, read the reviews next time.

Puffinnn
12-25-2014, 05:31 AM
What you could start doing is lowering down the graphics. Put resolution to lowest setting...

Also, try checking your internet connection could be a problem as well.

If neither works, just be thankful you got something. :D

Puffinnn
12-25-2014, 05:32 AM

He did get it as a present js.

Appeltjes
12-25-2014, 05:34 AM
He did get it as a present js.

Tell your mom and dad (other family/relatives) to read the reviews next time :p

Appeltjes
12-25-2014, 05:35 AM
What you could start doing is lowering down the graphics. Put resolution to lowest setting...

Also, try checking your internet connection could be a problem as well.

If neither works, just be thankful you got something. :D

I read some of the reviews seems like a disfunctioning piece of junk:/

Puffinnn
12-25-2014, 05:37 AM

Funny cause he got the same effect just like the review. :s

Appeltjes
12-25-2014, 05:41 AM
Funny cause he got the same effect just like the review. :s

That's why the one buying it should've read them xD

Brownback
12-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Check your framerate in chrome://flags and post it here, please. Also double check your Date & Time: my AL lagged a lot when I accidentally set my Mac's date to 1st Jan 2000, lol.

Hey Alhunt, Thanks for the advice. I ran it with testing framerate and it told me my frames per second when running AL was around 6.5-7.5. All the dates, time etc are set correctly. It is not a bad PC i just wonder why it lags and has bad FPS.. the mouse seemed to sort itself out but it runs stuff slow.

NotYoCookiez
12-25-2014, 06:42 AM
Hey Alhunt, Thanks for the advice. I ran it with testing framerate and it told me my frames per second when running AL was around 6.5-7.5. All the dates, time etc are set correctly. It is not a bad PC i just wonder why it lags and has bad FPS.. the mouse seemed to sort itself out but it runs stuff slow.

for a laptop, even with a expensive model, you are gonna need a mouse. Its hard to play without one lol the build in touch pad is hard to move around fast enough.

Brownback
12-25-2014, 09:47 AM
I have a mouse.

Xorrior
12-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Actually, AL should be running fine on it.

First step check your internet and if no one is hogging the wifi like mad, you know them illegal downloads :) use a prog to check your bandwidth. You can do it online.

If your still lagging and internet is ok, then you have some progs running in the background or taking up your ram. You simply have to disable the stuff you don't need.

I would only advise you to remove stuff you know about!

EDIT : I read the reviews and sadly it looks bad. If you're tech minded or know a techie then...
Remove garbage pre-loaded stuff if that doesn't help then get rid of MSW8 and install MSW7. Or best thing try to get a refund :)

Brownback
12-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Actually, AL should be running fine on it.

First step check your internet and if no one is hogging the wifi like mad, you know them illegal downloads :) use a prog to check your bandwidth. You can do it online.

If your still lagging and internet is ok, then you have some progs running in the background or taking up your ram. You simply have to disable the stuff you don't need.

I would only advise you to remove stuff you know about!

EDIT : I read the reviews and sadly it looks bad. If you're tech minded or know a techie then...
Remove garbage pre-loaded stuff if that doesn't help then get rid of MSW8 and install MSW7. Or best thing try to get a refund :)

Thank's for the feedback, it means alot. My internet is perfectly fine. I deleted everything I didn't think i needed; apps, programs etc. I changed my computer battery settings and performance settings to high. I ran AL and it still lagged, I dont know why the company would release this specific laptop because it is obvious everyone has problems with it. I am struggling to even have fun with it.

aarrgggggg
12-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Most laptops nowadays come from the factory set on an economic power saving setting, which makes even fast laptops with good internet feel like your using dial up. I would suggest to enter the control panel and go to display, adjust the settings for display and power consumption appropriately until you achieve satisfactory results. Hope this helps

If all else fails most stores have return policy until jan 15th at least.

Appeltjes
12-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Most laptops nowadays come from the factory set on an economic power saving setting, which makes even fast laptops with good internet feel like your using dial up. I would suggest to enter the control panel and go to display, adjust the settings for display and power consumption appropriately until you achieve satisfactory results. Hope this helps

If all else fails most stores have return policy until jan 15th at least.

I read a review saying that they couldn't return items.

Puffinnn
12-25-2014, 08:09 PM
I read a review saying that they couldn't return items.

Sounds very suspicious with the quality and the no return. :I