PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the extra-long Plat Sale

Arrowz
12-26-2014, 01:51 AM
Due to this long plat sale, 8 days now, u have created deflation on energy, luck elixirs, ankhs, etc. and i heard that this plat sale will be continuing through next friday? 8 more days of this sale and I think this economy will be trashed. So many of these items will have flooded the market already, 8 more days and it will continue to get worse. Its gonna take a looong time to recover from this deflation. Typically plat sales are over a weekend like thursday-monday, but now u guys make a plat sale what might be over 2 weeks, aswell as releasing 3 new kinds of lvl 41 mythics in a matter of 6 months, and just a few weeks ago u had that cheaper locked crate with double odds events for like a week. So not only have u caused deflation of ankhs, elixirs, etc, but also you have caused deflation to mythic weapons, and some arcane eggs.

Trikzy
12-26-2014, 02:02 AM
I agree but those things you mentioned are not the only ones being affected. The winter event vanities, egg, recipies etc are becoming worse than trash now and that is all due to fact that the event is 4 week long. Also, once rare breezaga is now nothing more than a a common thing you can find almost everywhere and breezaga used to be so valuable and good pet.

siddhant
12-26-2014, 02:05 AM
crafting ursume crate just gets u 3k profit good job sts 30k on 3 lockeds 2k listing on cs and sold for just 35k duh takes ur crafting slots as well

Energizeric
12-26-2014, 02:30 AM
crafting ursume crate just gets u 3k profit good job sts 30k on 3 lockeds 2k listing on cs and sold for just 35k duh takes ur crafting slots as well

The plat sale actually helps the price of locks, so without the plat sale the prices would be even lower.

Plat sales cause prices of most items to INCREASE. Only items that can be purchased for plat (like vanities, energy kits, elixir kits, ankhs) drop in price because there are more for sale. But in general plat sales cause more gold to enter the economy (mostly due to gold coming from opening locked crates) and that causes inflation. And since plat is cheaper to purchase, there is more demand to open locked crates, so the price of locked crates increases.

The reason why you cannot make money from crafting locked is because everyone is doing it. That has little to do with plat as it does not take any plat to craft 3 locked crates into an event locked.

siddhant
12-26-2014, 02:33 AM
The plat sale actually helps the price of locks, so without the plat sale the prices would be even lower.

Plat sales cause prices of most items to INCREASE. Only items that can be purchased for plat (like vanities, energy kits, elixir kits, ankhs) drop in price because there are more for sale. But in general plat sales cause more gold to enter the economy (mostly due to gold coming from opening locked crates) and that causes inflation. And since plat is cheaper to purchase, there is more demand to open locked crates, so the price of locked crates increases.

even without the plat sale at the start of the evnt prices of lock was 10k only pls get ur facts corrects ty.

Energizeric
12-26-2014, 02:37 AM
even without the plat sale at the start of the evnt prices of lock was 10k only pls get ur facts corrects ty.

It's not about facts, it's about economics. Locked crates take plat to open. Cheap plat means there will be more demand to open locks.

If the price did not rise as a result of the plat sale, then probably the supply increased -- a likely occurrence since lots of players are farming locked during the event. Without the plat sale you would have seen the prices drop.

The plat sale is just one of the factors that determines the price. It causes demand to increase. The other factor is the supply. If the supply also increases, the price may stay the same. But that does not mean the plat sale had no effect on the price of locks. And the plat sale certainly did NOT cause the price of locks to decrease LOL

Arrowz
12-26-2014, 02:43 AM
It's not about facts, it's about economics. Locked crates take plat to open. Cheap plat means there will be more demand to open locks.

If the price did not rise as a result of the plat sale, then probably the supply increased -- a likely occurrence since lots of players are farming locked during the event. Without the plat sale you would have seen the prices drop.

The plat sale is just one of the factors that determines the price. It causes demand to increase. The other factor is the supply. If the supply also increases, the price may stay the same. But that does not mean the plat sale had no effect on the price of locks. And the plat sale certainly did NOT cause the price of locks to decrease LOL

Yes the locks have risen to 10k from where they were a month ago but many other things have had their price deflated as a result of the plat sale aswell. Also you ignored everything that was said about the mythics price dropping and u jumped straight to locked crates. Just because one thing rises in price doesnt make it worth all the other bad things that have happened to this economy

siddhant
12-26-2014, 02:46 AM

err i nevr said that plat sale caused the price to drop just saying lock prices have been same throughout the event cauz ppl know players are interested in buying 3 lockeds for ursume crate so the price has been around 10k thorughout the event and
all i am saying is there is hardly any money making left in crafting ursume crates ty

Titanfall
12-26-2014, 06:10 AM
Yes the locks have risen to 10k from where they were a month ago but many other things have had their price deflated as a result of the plat sale aswell. Also you ignored everything that was said about the mythics price dropping and u jumped straight to locked crates. Just because one thing rises in price doesnt make it worth all the other bad things that have happened to this economy
Ankhs won't stay that low, demand for them is high and yes so is supply, but when people get their grinding gear on and start running planar tombs again they will rise. As for elixirs oh well that's a plus for me LOL.

Sir Lubo Penev
12-26-2014, 08:02 AM
The reason why you cannot make money from crafting locked is because everyone is doing it. That has little to do with plat as it does not take any plat to craft 3 locked crates into an event locked.
The reason you cannot make money from crafting ursume locks is because there is nothing really desirable and sought after in those locks. Everyone crafted elo and necro locks too, yet they maintained a higher price. Ursume price has been low since virtually day 2-3 of the event when the first new weapons came out and were tested.

And those new weapons just don't proc. Comparing the frost bow with the elo bow - I see roughly 3-4 bushes to 1 whirlwind. Not many people want what is virtually an expedition bow with better stats.

NotYoCookiez
12-26-2014, 08:43 AM
well the reason for this plat sale being so long is so people can buy plat with their christmas money

Titanfall
12-26-2014, 09:21 AM
The reason you cannot make money from crafting ursume locks is because there is nothing really desirable and sought after in those locks. Everyone crafted elo and necro locks too, yet they maintained a higher price. Ursume price has been low since virtually day 2-3 of the event when the first new weapons came out and were tested.

And those new weapons just don't proc. Comparing the frost bow with the elo bow - I see roughly 3-4 bushes to 1 whirlwind. Not many people want what is virtually an expedition bow with better stats.
Actually no, elo locks maintained a higher price because they were new and people weren't prepared for them, The ingredient was a lot rarer, the recipe wasn't trade able either. Now everyone knows the drill so they hoard locks for events, ice scales are absurdly common and the recipe is tradeable.

Wutzgood
12-26-2014, 10:10 AM
This is normal after 3 weeks of an event. Anyone here for the tarlok event last year knows that by this time in event only breezaga and the best tarlok sets were keeping their high price. That's cause they were only dropping at such a low rate from event crates and bosses. Everything else in the event was selling for nothing by the end.

If you know 3 locked are selling for the same price as ursome ones just sell the regular ones like I have. 3k wasn't worth the crafting time imo. No reason to blame sts for the players decision to craft them.

As far as breezaga he was never a good pet only for show. He only was worth alot cause of his rarity last year in crates not for being a good pet.

They have actually improved rewards from tarlok. Last year you could have ran the whole event and not gotten anything good from the event chests. Now if you put in work you get tokens to buy what you want so its more based on work instead of luck like last year.

The plat sale will only effect prices of things bought with plat and those prices will rise again after the sale ends.

As far as too many mythic weapons it won't matter in a few months when a new level cap comes. They will join the rest of the outdated equip soon enough.

Arrowz
12-26-2014, 10:45 AM
well the reason for this plat sale being so long is so people can buy plat with their christmas money

Then you start the plat sale yesterday instead of 8 days ago
And this is my 2nd thread in a row where title got changed zzz

Sir Lubo Penev
12-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Actually no, elo locks maintained a higher price because they were new and people weren't prepared for them, The ingredient was a lot rarer, the recipe wasn't trade able either. Now everyone knows the drill so they hoard locks for events, ice scales are absurdly common and the recipe is tradeable.
Ok, this may be somewhat true with elo locks. 100% wrong in the case of necro ones though. As for hoarding locks - much more locks were farmed/hoarded for Halloween than for Winter, due to a lot of reasons - less time go prepare for Winter, double odds weekend right before Winter, 33% sale on locks etc. Yet, necro locks have maintained a higher price almost the entire time since Halloween started. Ursume locks were under 40k like 3-4 days into event.

Titanfall
12-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Ok, this may be somewhat true with elo locks. 100% wrong in the case of necro ones though. As for hoarding locks - much more locks were farmed/hoarded for Halloween than for Winter, due to a lot of reasons - less time go prepare for Winter, double odds weekend right before Winter, 33% sale on locks etc. Yet, necro locks have maintained a higher price almost the entire time since Halloween started. Ursume locks were under 40k like 3-4 days into event.
New frost weapons suck that's why

Sir Lubo Penev
12-26-2014, 11:09 AM
New frost weapons suck that's why
Well, that's exactly what I said lol. :)

toxorto
12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Yes I guess Plat sale should come to an end.

Ssneakykills
12-26-2014, 02:31 PM
It's a shame they can't even 'fix and satisfy' the game that's making them the most money.. Makes you think where all this money is going if they are struggling to please this player base

From more of a pocket legends player

Yumisa
12-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Ok, I agree this plat sale lasts too long and yes it is bad for some people but MOST people do not realise that there are also advantages for them to this deflation. think of it this way: EVERYONE is affected by deflation, there are as many disadvantages as there are advantages
1) Stuff is cheap so you can buy stuff cheap ( positive)
2) If you have alot of mythics arcanes you want to sell in your possesion well the value of those items is going down ( negative)
3)If you had 5 million gold, that 5 million gold can buy you alot more items during deflation right now then before( positive)
And yeah that all i can think of right now im sure there are other examples...Anyways THE LESSON IS!!!!! MAKE THE BEST OUT OF A BAD SITUATION.

Have fun :)

RDX
12-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Yeah .on top of that .bonus offers x2 .i know 2-3 guys who made1 k plat from offers .(not against them,but they doing on 3-4 devices and 8 days ...)
Come on close the plat sale and offers.or make it permanant so we dnt bother to buy plat . Bought 15 k+ during this event. Not as useful like before.
Energy 10 k.its like the same time when plat farming was on the air.
Now ppl laugh on plat buyers .spending real money on a non exclusive currency.:
And why so much lack of information these days!! Like no update for lb flag ,no update on how long sale will run .if someone fight on forum there will be a instant reply but for important things no one bother until all start crying.

Kakashis
12-26-2014, 06:07 PM
It's just the way it goes when you try to milk something extra long. Things dry up in one way or another. I'm thankful for cheap anks and cheap energy from those that for free plats or paid. Brand new mythic bows are going for 10-11m and still not selling! That's a good indication of how much gold the average person has currently!

I wonder how much those exclusive leaderboard vanities will be worth! Could possibly be worth 80m,but when everyone only has 10m or less available to spend, then they'll be worth around just that! Medusa, frankly and ghosts sets although there's 75 sets each, is still low enough to not be sub 10m. And yet they are!

Gold is becoming scarce amongst middle class just like real life lol

Blissfulgod
12-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Ok, I agree this plat sale lasts too long and yes it is bad for some people but MOST people do not realise that there are also advantages for them to this deflation. think of it this way: EVERYONE is affected by deflation, there are as many disadvantages as there are advantages
2) If you have alot of mythics arcanes you want to sell in your possesion well the value of those items is going down ( negative)
3)If you had 5 million gold, that 5 million gold can buy you alot more items during deflation right now then before( positive)
And yeah that all i can think of right now im sure there are other examples...Anyways THE LESSON IS!!!!! MAKE THE BEST OUT OF A BAD SITUATION.

Oh the wonders of being able to consider perspectives other than your own. *golf claps for Yumisa*

Energizeric
12-26-2014, 06:21 PM

This is correct. People are not dumb, so when they see something work the first time then they try to do it again. The problem is if everyone does it the second or third time around, it will no longer be as effective, if at all.

Supply and demand determine the price of an item. If you can predict what will be in demand in the future, you can make money IF AND ONLY IF not many other people made the same prediction. If everyone makes the same prediction, then the supply will also be higher and the price will not be any higher even if the demand is there. And that is what we are seeing now.

So if you want to make money, come up with an original idea. Don't just follow the sheep....

Blissfulgod
12-26-2014, 06:33 PM
This is correct. People are not dumb, so when they see something work the first time then they try to do it again. The problem is if everyone does it the second or third time around, it will no longer be as effective, if at all.

Supply and demand determine the price of an item. If you can predict what will be in demand in the future, you can make money IF AND ONLY IF not many other people made the same prediction. If everyone makes the same prediction, then the supply will also be higher and the price will not be any higher even if the demand is there. And that is what we are seeing now.

So if you want to make money, come up with an original idea. Don't just follow the sheep....

Permission to use this whenever I find it necessary to explain supply/demand in the future?

Morholt
12-27-2014, 04:49 AM
This is likely just wishful thinking, but perhaps...sts is trying to get players to burn up the huge number of hoarded crates in the game and have a revamp planned for locked crates once the number gets lower...

Yeaaaa, very wishful thinking.

Ovtlaw
12-27-2014, 05:25 AM
Due to this long plat sale, 8 days now, u have created deflation on energy, luck elixirs, ankhs, etc. and i heard that this plat sale will be continuing through next friday? 8 more days of this sale and I think this economy will be trashed. So many of these items will have flooded the market already, 8 more days and it will continue to get worse. Its gonna take a looong time to recover from this deflation. Typically plat sales are over a weekend like thursday-monday, but now u guys make a plat sale what might be over 2 weeks, aswell as releasing 3 new kinds of lvl 41 mythics in a matter of 6 months, and just a few weeks ago u had that cheaper locked crate with double odds events for like a week. So not only have u caused deflation of ankhs, elixirs, etc, but also you have caused deflation to mythic weapons, and some arcane eggs.

Sts make a good move here. Plat sale make end game items drop so more players can compete in pvp with those rich ganger players. Easier for middle class player doing elite... Stop crying cause u can't merch at this time to earn some golds zzz...

famousfame
12-27-2014, 09:49 AM
And to put another cherry on top am 100% certain sts have nerfed item gem crafting, gl getting a super :)

"Winter is Coming" :O

Black Market
12-27-2014, 10:44 AM

+1 Agreed! positive thinking and view. I am happy, my friend and guild mate can afford mythic set now, some mythic pet or old arcane pet. Crate opener just help non plat player get what their dreamed! I am happy with that. I dont know why some people not happy, soon arcane ring price fall below 50m, more and more people can afford that and for the other thing too. :chuncky:

Arrowz
12-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Sts make a good move here. Plat sale make end game items drop so more players can compete in pvp with those rich ganger players. Easier for middle class player doing elite... Stop crying cause u can't merch at this time to earn some golds zzz...

I dont even merch. Hell i dont even play endgame. I twink at lvl 17. Way to make an incorrect assumption though. You know what they say about assume.

obee
12-27-2014, 11:22 AM
I dont even merch. Hell i dont even play endgame. I twink at lvl 17. Way to make an incorrect assumption though. You know what they say about assume.
If you are a twink, why should a deflation in ankhs, energy kits, and luck kits affect you? Honestly, I think it that is a good thing. More people can run event, do planar, and farm more often than not. And ankhs won't even stay that low, considering how many people need them. The mythic items you talked about will soon be outdated, and once again, since you are a twink, shouldn't these mythic items not affect you? And also, since these items are deflating, it makes them more affordable for players.

RDX
12-27-2014, 02:26 PM
But this i s affecting ppls who spend real money. No information about duration.extra long 2X bonus offers making platinum non exclusive currency.i agree its gud for one half who cant afford but wat about other half who spend real money .one week should be enough for ppls who want free plat or cheap gears.but a endless sale and offers is not a gud idea.we canwait till it all over.but at least tell us the duration.we deserve some information regarding this..It will take 10 sec to write down the date .easier than cleaning threads.

xutreuqux
12-29-2014, 02:01 AM
Sts will think this extra long event n plat sale make us happy, but as always, things that r too long or too much isnt good. 2 weeks for event will be better, as it keeps the value of event items. 4 weeks event makes ppl bored, and makin it 2x more difficult to reach plat makes some ppl stop doin events. 2x plat sale isnt useful too, if u didnt get the plat coz offers r fake and complained to nativex, they give u normal amount of plat. So this game is gettin worse and worse imo, quittin soon.

Farminer's
12-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Simple buy your plat now wait for event over prices to go normal and use the plat!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kostral
12-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Thats the first event that i saw whit a low drop rate...spend around 7k plat and get only 2 crap myths (amulet+armor)
Does any staff can check also if the drop rates r nerfed to ?

Ah and yes i totally agree whit everyone that think about this plate sale must over , it has killed the marketing...

grzena1982
12-29-2014, 08:06 PM
copy/paste from a diff thread:

This plat offer has been dragging on for so long one would expect to get plat offer within plat offer. Grab yourself a bargain and get 20% off our 40% off offer. ^^

conradev
12-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Cry

Arrowz
12-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Cry

What was the point of this comment? To be insulting? All it does is show how immature you are but you do you. Gl in life

conradev
12-30-2014, 03:22 AM
What was the point of this comment? To be insulting? All it does is show how immature you are but you do you. Gl in life
The game economy was destroyed by platcheats, not plat sales.

Raselph
12-30-2014, 06:59 AM
Ankhs won't stay that low, demand for them is high and yes so is supply, but when people get their grinding gear on and start running planar tombs again they will rise. As for elixirs oh well that's a plus for me LOL.

Yeah, but looking at why ankh prices were high...looks like it was for breeze. Ever since all these vreeze thread responses by sts, look at the tombs...al empty and silent. I used to think everyone is running for imbued geard. But appears to be no, lol. Now i can barely find some people farming fragments.

Ovtlaw
12-30-2014, 09:13 AM

Idc... I'm picking on u. Hahaha. Level up to 23... 17 is boring. If u need help on best gear. I can let u borrow. So u can vs my rogue tank or Mage. U pick

Ovtlaw
12-30-2014, 09:20 AM
The game economy was destroyed by platcheats, not plat sales.

Yes. You are right. All those stupid plat farmer make prices go way high... I'm talking about rich noobs in end game. 50% of them are plat farm to get what they have.. 100m gold for arcane ring! That's about $1000 usd value just for a ring in game.

Since STS finally stop those plat farmers. Prices drop because there's not many gold been made from plat farmer... If u think My post is wrong. Leave me a message. Peace. Haha

Haligali
12-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Thats the first event that i saw whit a low drop rate...spend around 7k plat and get only 2 crap myths (amulet+armor)
Does any staff can check also if the drop rates r nerfed to ?

Ah and yes i totally agree whit everyone that think about this plate sale must over , it has killed the marketing...

Got a samael from ~10 lock yesterday, its all just 'luck', im sure if I open a 100-200 then i got nothing.

Arrowz
12-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Idc... I'm picking on u. Hahaha. Level up to 23... 17 is boring. If u need help on best gear. I can let u borrow. So u can vs my rogue tank or Mage. U pick

Is this why more players are at 17 than 23?

Kostral
12-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Got a samael from ~10 lock yesterday, its all just 'luck', im sure if I open a 100-200 then i got nothing.
Well whit that drop rate hali we will keep tryin more to drop a recipe [emoji36]

Haligali
12-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Well whit that drop rate hali we will keep tryin more to drop a recipe [emoji36]

We should try only 1 arena every day instead of the usual 20-30.

Serancha
12-30-2014, 02:34 PM
err i nevr said that plat sale caused the price to drop just saying lock prices have been same throughout the event cauz ppl know players are interested in buying 3 lockeds for ursume crate so the price has been around 10k thorughout the event and
all i am saying is there is hardly any money making left in crafting ursume crates ty

There's hardly any money in ursume crates because there's only one thing worth opening them for, and that's whim egg. Not many people have enough financials to open a couple of thousand ursume crates looking for a specific arcane. Therefore, not many people are opening them. If the plat sale wasn't going this long, the price of ursume crates would drop so far they would not even be worth crafting.

conradev
12-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Hali, I agree with you. I think there is a benefit in openingess crates and probably even having less Platinun on your account. Everything I've looted worth more than 1m has come during a small series of opens pretty much. And I was doing some desperation offers to get 15plat at a time last event just to do one crate at a time and looted 2 Mythic weapons that way.

As soon as I gorge my account with 3400plat or more at a time, you better believe I will see nothing but 2k golds for at least the first 2k plat spent. Thats not exaggerating I have video of it.

Limsi
01-01-2015, 02:06 AM
STG is now doing the best that it can to milk as much cash from us and head on into developing a new game. Wvhills is right with this; we're entering that phase again (similar to the previous legends title)

Serancha
01-01-2015, 08:48 AM
They had an extra long plat sale last Christmas / New Years too. Why? Because people complained that a weekend was too short while everyone is off visiting family during this time. Therefore they extended it to give everyone a chance at the discount.

Logic would imply that it was repeated this year to prevent that same outcry. I bet it has nothing to do with "the end of AL". After all it happened before and we're not dead yet.

Seriously, people will complain about anything these days.....

Marquize Stevens
01-01-2015, 10:40 PM
When is plat sale over

Kriticality
01-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Over now. I tried to buy some after the message countdown started and it's already back to $89. :/

grzena1982
01-02-2015, 09:12 PM
They had an extra long plat sale last Christmas / New Years too. Why? Because people complained that a weekend was too short while everyone is off visiting family during this time. Therefore they extended it to give everyone a chance at the discount.

Logic would imply that it was repeated this year to prevent that same outcry. I bet it has nothing to do with "the end of AL". After all it happened before and we're not dead yet.

Seriously, people will complain about anything these days.....

I give u this that i makes sense. Thx Sts for being considerate.