PDA

View Full Version : lv 55 pinks worst stats then hate set???

cynic
02-18-2011, 06:16 AM
i dont get it, i own the hate set and am lv 55, so far ive seen nothing better in the game then this set. all pinks are less in crit or damage.

i dont need to craft because its all rubish that comes out, why are the prices for the 55 pinks so high? there is no use for them.

Is this gonna change?

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't say worse than hate set.

Hate is just pretty well-rounded, you get a bit of everything.

Fury is VERY tank oriented, dodge, high armour, and HS, more so than Hate.

cynic
02-18-2011, 06:55 AM
well ur right but i play pally, so there aint much more left for me to wear ;)

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 07:05 AM
well ur right but i play pally, so there aint much more left for me to wear ;)

True. :)

The 55 int pinks are not bad at all, still quite tanky.

ghostface
02-18-2011, 07:13 AM
LVL 55 purple DEX set > anything else I've seen in terms of DMG output. Severely lacks in the armor department so it isn't the best for trying to fly through a level and survive but it's amazing to switch into when you hit the boss room to lay the smack down. I think the lvl 55 purple set is more appealing than the pink set. For dex anyway haven't even looked at any others.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 07:15 AM
True. :)

The 55 int pinks are not bad at all, still quite tanky.

Yeah but if you craft the mega mage pinks you lose all your m/s so its not worth it and the only good crown of persistence so far its the dex one. And if you have the shadow set its better than the mega mage you can get up to 29 h/s and 24 or 25 m/s which is more than you can use. With the set you don't lose any mana spamming all your skills.

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Yeah but if you craft the mega mage pinks you lose all your m/s so its not worth it and the only good crown of persistence so far its the dex one. And if you have the shadow set its better than the mega mage you can get up to 29 h/s and 24 or 25 m/s which is more than you can use. With the set you don't lose any mana spamming all your skills.

Yeah, there's really no point in crafting gear in any of the 3 stats yet. Dex being the most worthwhile, but even then, not worth it.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah, there's really no point in crafting gear in any of the 3 stats yet. Dex being the most worthwhile, but even then, not worth it.

On dex I was only talking about the crown of persistence. But like you said no point in crafting them. The only way I could see crafting worth something and its not is wearing two crafted and two non-crafted items and this is just a mediocre gear. I still like hate better for a pally and wait to see if the devs have something else on mind.

cynic
02-18-2011, 08:41 AM
i guess we have to wait :)

Balgreta
02-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, the tank for sure pink sets aren't worth it imo at the moment, the stats are more tank/dmg sponge based but the trade off from loss of other stats & enourmous money investment doesn't make it worthwhile - there is nothing in game that needs better tank stats than the level 50 stuff, even at 55.

If boss's scaled, or there was a 55 elite dungeon that absolutly needed better survivability then i could agree, then again you loose dps stats and being a tank isn't just about taking dmg its about holding agro too...

As with most MMO's, when new instances come out, the new gear needs to exponentially grow in power to make it worthwhile rather than grow linearly or people will just stick with what they have and itemisation / armor design is wasted.

This is where i feel the 50 to 55 increase went wrong

Echelong
02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
I agree, the tank for sure pink sets aren't worth it imo at the moment, the stats are more tank/dmg sponge based but the trade off from loss of other stats & enourmous money investment doesn't make it worthwhile - there is nothing in game that needs better tank stats than the level 50 stuff, even at 55.

If boss's scaled, or there was a 55 elite dungeon that absolutly needed better survivability then i could agree, then again you loose dps stats and being a tank isn't just about taking dmg its about holding agro too...

As with most MMO's, when new instances come out, the new gear needs to exponentially grow in power to make it worthwhile rather than grow linearly or people will just stick with what they have and itemisation / armor design is wasted.

This is where i feel the 50 to 55 increase went wrong

I agree with that. Gear seems to be about the same or worse than gear 5 levels below. I will stick with hate gear for now like a wise man once said if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Turkster
02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
So you sacrifice damage for regen on your int set? I can see where a tank might not want to upgrade to 55 gear because the extra armor and dodge really isn't needed, but birds and mages not upgrading to 55 gear is just plain slacking. Your
job as a DPS is to do the most damage possible.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 09:01 AM
So you sacrifice damage for regen on your int set? I can see where a tank might not want to upgrade to 55 gear because the extra armor and dodge really isn't needed, but birds and mages not upgrading to 55 gear is just plain slacking. Your
job as a DPS is to do the most damage possible.

The mega mage gives a lot of mana regen in fact it gives more than needed. But if you upgrade it you changet the stats to h/s and then you are left with no m/s. These sets are imo the worst sets made to date. They are not even sets since they don't have a bonus. Unless developers are planning on making real sets like the rift, void and cosmos (best planned sets and very unique) it is not worth the time and money to have the new sets.

And on another note why do enchantress can't use the tank helm like its supposed to and we get to wear a tiara?

Turkster
02-18-2011, 09:16 AM
The mega mage gives a lot of mana regen in fact it gives more than needed. But if you upgrade it you changet the stats to h/s and then you are left with no m/s. These sets are imo the worst sets made to date. They are not even sets since they don't have a bonus. Unless developers are planning on making real sets like the rift, void and cosmos (best planned sets and very unique) it is not worth the time and money to have the new sets.

And on another note why do enchantress can't use the tank helm like its supposed to and we get to wear a tiara?

Agreed on the crafting issue. But lvl 55 purples are relatively inexpensive and put out A LOT more dps than ANY lvl 50 set. That's why I think mages/birds in any lvl 50 gear are just slackers - you're nowhere near what your dps should be.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't call anyone wearing a premium 50 set and doing their job slacker. Personally I prefer a person that does their job and not worrying about what they are wearing as long as they know their role.

Turkster
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Well I guess I disagree. Knowing your role and how to play your class is only part of the package (not to mention that in a game with 3 classes and 12 skills per class this is incredibly easy) - gear also matters. With your logic I could wear premium lvl 45 set and still be a good dps as long as I play my class well...

For birds and mages, all lvl 50 gear is outclassed in terms of dps by the lvl 55 purple sets.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
LVL 55 purple DEX set > anything else I've seen in terms of DMG output. Severely lacks in the armor department so it isn't the best for trying to fly through a level and survive but it's amazing to switch into when you hit the boss room to lay the smack down. I think the lvl 55 purple set is more appealing than the pink set. For dex anyway haven't even looked at any others.

The purple 55 dex set actually has higher armor than most other bow sets....I had one setup with a ring where there was 316 DPS and 96 armor...but everything else was horrible.

One thing you have to realize is that the purple dex set has terrible crit, and I can tell you having a high crit setup does just as much or more overall damage than a higher DPS one with lousy crit. It is sweet to see almost half of your hits result in crit when Focus is activated.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Agreed on the crafting issue. But lvl 55 purples are relatively inexpensive and put out A LOT more dps than ANY lvl 50 set. That's why I think mages/birds in any lvl 50 gear are just slackers - you're nowhere near what your dps should be.

Purple dex set has terrible crit and dodge. Don't think that DPS is the ultimate stat. Crit is just as important as DPS as far as overall damage output. I have been testing a high crit setup that is partially Sentinel gear and it just vaporizes enemies.

Not to mention the purple dex set (which I have as well, and it IS fun to switch to here and there) has terrible dodge and regen as well.

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Agree there. The gear they released sort of took a step down as compared to it's Ao3 counterpart. I had a bit of a higher standard after seeing how good the rift/cosmos/void sets were in ao3.

I wouldn't mind if the current pinks were the void/cosmos/rift types, and the current purples become the lower tier pinks.

giayuan
02-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Give the devs time! They always correct their mistakes, unless these.. horrible stats are maybe.. ON PURPOSE?!?!

Echelong
02-18-2011, 09:43 AM
New sets lack hit, crit or damage depending on the set. You lose to much stats not only mana or health regen. For birds dps is a must but a dead mage is no good anywhere. I run BS with a group that consists of mostly level 55 players with level 50 sets and we clear runs in less than 5 minutes. Gear helps but it doesn't make the player. Its a simple game but one false move and you could get a wipe.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Give the devs time! They always correct their mistakes, unless these.. horrible stats are maybe.. ON PURPOSE?!?!

I know, right? They unbalanced the sets, so you have to pick and choose which stats you want to focus on. No superduper overall combination :P

Ursanblessing
02-18-2011, 09:47 AM
the whole crafting is just the issue.
Crafting should be that you can choose if you want m/s or h/s, not only h/s.
There should be only 1 pink item for all 3 chartypes, and with crafting you can customize it for yourself.

ANd i think the devs found out that they made some mistakes, and give us the RING :)

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I know, right? They unbalanced the sets, so you have to pick and choose which stats you want to focus on. No superduper overall combination :P

Thats possible too. The current gear really emphasises on the pure builds.

Bears tank, birds damage, mages support/nuke.

Other than the small inconveniences like no ms, useless crafting stats, etc, it really forces players to mix and match.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Thats possible too. The current gear really emphasises on the pure builds.

Bears tank, birds damage, mages support/nuke.

Other than the small inconveniences like no ms, useless crafting stats, etc, it really forces players to mix and match.

Bingo. Although I did craft a 55 Raid bow and got +2 dex and 6 h/s with no real hurtful penalty anywhere else, at least I have to chug a couple less pots along the way.

I am hoping that there may be a crafted set bonus someday, kind of like the belated Shadow gear bonus.

Ellyidol
02-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Bingo. Although I did craft a 55 Raid bow and got +2 dex and 6 h/s with no penalty anywhere else, at least I have to chug a couple less pots along the way.

I am hoping that there may be a crafted set bonus someday, kind of like the belated Shadow gear bonus.

Dex has the best crafting option stats IMO. It doesn't make your Gear completely useless. Sure, lose a bit of damage per piece, but it's not taking away the essential stat which birds need, unlike bears who lose dodge for damage, and mages who lose ms for hs (weirdest one btw).

I hope so too, and not too far away :(

BeefyMeat
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Elly, the mana regen still sucks. Sure, 300+ DPS is nice, but when you have to pot or wait to regen it slows that way down. I think there are 55 pieces that mesh well with 50 pieces but you really have to be creative with what matters.

Right now at 54, I have 250+ DPS and 117 Armor with a talon, while maintaining 9 regen for mana and health. I like my setup but it took some work to figure out how to maximize what I deem important. You can go full DPS or full Sentinel for regen and armor, I took the middle road and am pretty happy.

Kindread
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
You guys complained before to make purple and green drops more useful and not inventory dumps and you got it. I agree that the Devs left much to be desired but I have to say, it's fun mixing and matching to get different results. Would have been nice if the pink, purple and green items looked different. I'm thinking there will be updates to correct the high end items and crafting so I'm still going to be working on collecting the lvl55 gear for my class and the recipes.

--- Kindread

Dizzy
02-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I believe there needs to be some tweaks made to the stats, but overall, I'm sort of liking the general directions this is going. There is no one type of gear that is Teh Best -- it's all a matter of choice -- go for DPS gear with little regen and chug pots and maybe die a little more, or go for regen and do less damage but save gold and dying. Maybe some gear could have stats adjusted so they work better with duel-builds, while others favor pures.

One thing I disliked about the lvl 50 sets is that there were a couple of sets that were clearly better than anything else, and thus everyone at lvl 50 got those sets. Everyone looked the same, and there wasn't any strategy in choosing a certain type of armour over another.

In the future, I'd like to see this pushed further. It would be nice if certain types of armour worked better in different situations. It's old school RPG, but why not put more into elemental strategy? We already have fire/ice skills and gear, why not make bosses and dungeons that have weakness or strengths based on elements? Fire heals the lava boss, but Ice kills him faster. Maybe mix up a dungeon with contrasting elements: Ice kills that one, but heals that other one. You'd have to see some real teamwork and strategy to work through a dungeon like that! Not revolutionary, but at least it would give a reason for people to have different armour for different situations.

And I'd like to see crafting with choices: Take this wand with decent stats, add a Gladiator gem that gets rid of m/s but gives you awesome DPS OR add a magic gem and lose some DPS but gain a lot of intelligence. Most of all, for crafting to work, you have to end up with gear that's unique in some way to drops, either you end up with something that has the highest stat in the game (while losing some other stat), or otherwise gives you some sort of advantage you can't get from a dropped item. Perhaps even give some sort of bonus to crafted items that nothing else adds, maybe a new skill or the ability to do a new combo. That would make crafting worth it.

Mostly, it would be nice if you couldn't identify every level 55 in Balefort just because they're all wearing the same gear. And I think that's the point of the gear in this update.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes dizzy you can't tell what they are wearing except for the weapons gem. And all helms look the same on your character no matter what type you are wearing.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
There is no one type of gear that is Teh Best -- it's all a matter of choice -- go for DPS gear with little regen and chug pots and maybe die a little more, or go for regen and do less damage but save gold and dying.

Can I get a Amen?

Not to mention the regen setups have generally far better Crit.

BeefyMeat
02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
We got spoiled by Void/Rift/Cosmos and the Shadow gear. Now it's time to be creative and people are pissed that they don't just need to be pinked out to be the best they can. I have a orange talon and I really dont mind.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Not spoiled when playing any MMO the point of them is not reaching the last level since there technically isn't one. The point of MMOs is to build your character with the best gear and the skills you like. If you played for example WoW after you reached the level cap you will need to go run raids in order to get the best gear (no buying the best gear in the auction house) then when an expansion came the next gear would be a lot better than the previous one. Its always like that. Shadow gear gives more mana regen than you can use and a lot of mana regen as for death its better than void and now hate is slightly better than rift (imo).

All I would want is for similar h/s and mana regen as previous sets and more damage crit, armor and dodge. This would make sets better every time without becoming useless stats.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
All I would want is for similar h/s and mana regen as previous sets and more damage crit, armor and dodge. This would make sets better every time without becoming useless stats.

Then there would be a Teh Best set, and it looks like the devs are trying to force people to pick and choose which stats they want to focus on. Kind of like the Do-I-Use-Thoth-Isis-or-Osiris days.

Physiologic
02-18-2011, 02:28 PM
71% crits w/ Focus on the lv 55 pink dex gear. That's insane, just sayin'. Sucks for mages/bears, but IMO archers have it pretty damn good despite all the other stat losses.

Echelong
02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Then there would be a Teh Best set, and it looks like the devs are trying to force people to pick and choose which stats they want to focus on. Kind of like the Do-I-Use-Thoth-Isis-or-Osiris days.

What I mean was for each set to have different stats not only h/s and dodge and then the crafted set would have damage but lose the dodge. Each of the 3 sets would have a better combination. Like you said when you had to chose thot, isis ect. it feels a step backwards.

I guess I will just have to trust STS to come up with something. Maybe they are busy with blackstar.

Moogerfooger
02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
What I mean was for each set to have different stats not only h/s and dodge and then the crafted set would have damage but lose the dodge. Each of the 3 sets would have a better combination. Like you said when you had to chose thot, isis ect. it feels a step backwards.

I guess I will just have to trust STS to come up with something. Maybe they are busy with blackstar.

I think that devs did this on purpose, is what I meant...brought back the Thoth/Isis/Osiris-type combinations. There is no super set that has best dmg/DPS/dodge/regen/high-power cookie dispenser rate...it forces us to pick and choose which attributes we want to utilize. I personally like it, as mentioned previously we got spoiled with super-sets that were superior in almost every way. I can see why others don't like it, but I'm fine with it. Makes ya think about what to equip for a certain level, or boss, or in general :D

Kujen
02-18-2011, 03:33 PM
I just find it odd that the pinks, which have a much lower drop rate, are sometimes as good as or maybe worse than some orange/purple/green. If it's just about variety and they're all equal but different....then make the pinks drop at the same rate. That or improve the stats to make them proportionate to their rarity.