PDA

View Full Version : Yowie is better than hammerjaw .-.

Hercules
12-26-2014, 09:45 AM
For nothing I save two months to buy hammer because I realize that yowie gives much more power than hammer and its activation. I do not like the legendary pets are better than arcanes , I think. is possible can upgradear the arcanes pets as a solution to this? Now I want a reimbursement :/

Wutzgood
12-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Hammer jaw is an outdated and cheap arcane pet. Yowie being better shouldn't have been a surprise since every other gold tier reward egg was also. Gyrm, dova and blinky all were also.

Hercules
12-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Hammer jaw is an outdated and cheap arcane pet. Yowie being better shouldn't have been a surprise since every other gold tier reward egg was also. Gyrm, dova and blinky all were also.

yes but then STS no takes into account the word Arcane

Onepiedead
12-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Hooks are also ARCANE still legendary at 41 are better.

Black Market
12-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Soon, many pet can surpass this outdated Arcane pet and sts gonna bring new arcane pet that more powerful and so on, so forth. i think, currently old arcane pet like hammerjaw not so useful now, there people cried about breeze already, legendary pet breeze with low stats but with ARCANE AA.

Wutzgood
12-26-2014, 10:17 AM

Did you get an arcane banner? If yes they took it into account. Arcane/mythic is based on rarity not how good the items are. Its like buying a level 26 arcane hooks and complaining a 41 legendary one is better. Its outdated so it should be.

The legendary event pets are better than most mythic pets also. Just the way it is now. Everyone can work in events to get great pets. No need to spend money for mythic ones or save gold/pop locked for arcane.

Look at the legendary pet breeze now. Seems to be better than all arcane pets also for pvp.

Hercules
12-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Hooks are also ARCANE still legendary at 41 are better.

Yes but is totally different a item that stay in lvv 26 than a egg that can be opened in everywhere level, lols e.e

Dogma
12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Why do people assume the Arcanes/Mythics last forever??? Because they're overpriced or because they spent that much on an outdated pet? Who knows..

Ebezaanec
12-26-2014, 11:54 AM
The same people who complain that their precious mythics/arcanes are being beaten are also the same people who complain that there is nothing new and better.

Point? You cannot satisfy everyone.

Linkincena
12-26-2014, 12:05 PM
The Word Arcane is Smaller than Platinum xD

epicrrr
12-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Yowie > Hammerjaw? gimme a break..

Idly
12-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Your able to see the stats of all pets on the stable pre purchase and there are numerous threads with information about Arcane Abilities. Why did you buy something without checking stats/abilities? Good luck with the reimbursement.

P.s. the stats page isn't the be all and end all HJ>Yowie in pvp especially clashes.

Hercules
12-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Your able to see the stats of all pets on the stable pre purchase and there are numerous threads with information about Arcane Abilities. Why did you buy something without checking stats/abilities? Good luck with the reimbursement.

P.s. the stats page isn't the be all and end all HJ>Yowie in pvp especially clashes.

:/ well one more for collection

obee
12-26-2014, 03:04 PM
You guys keep thinking that just because of a high rarity, it should last forever. There would be no character progression if that was the case. Hammerjaw has been outdated for a while dude, it's been out for more than a year.

Venom
12-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Have you considered the amount of damage the pet does? Arcane pets deal more damage than mythic/legendary pets. Also, Yowie won't provide you with the Achievement and banner :)

Morholt
12-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Yes but is totally different a item that stay in lvv 26 than a egg that can be opened in everywhere level, lols e.eHammerjaw was released during the lvl 26 cap, so...it's kind of a lvl 26 arcane pet.
Be glad it has been upgraded as many times as it already has.

Also, it grants the AP/banner. That's why it is expensive. You paid for the AP, not the pet.

Demonharphas
12-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Stats aren't everything...I know some rogues with hammerjaw that can kill singe or Samael rogues...all it takes is strategy

Energizeric
12-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Hammerjaw was a season 2/3 arcane pet. Like all of the older pets from that time, he has become outdated. Using hammerjaw on a low level twink is still very good. At the lower levels, the extra damage caused by arcane pets is actually noticeable. At level 41, not so much. I can remember when Malison was the best legendary pet. What happened to that? LOL

cami
12-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Hammerjaw was a season 2/3 arcane pet. Like all of the older pets from that time, he has become outdated. Using hammerjaw on a low level twink is still very good. At the lower levels, the extra damage caused by arcane pets is actually noticeable. At level 41, not so much. I can remember when Malison was the best legendary pet. What happened to that? LOL

I believe that it end when STS add into the system % damage

Kakashis
12-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Yeah, it is what it is! Yowie comes close to Singe!

CheifR
12-26-2014, 09:26 PM
YOU didn't take into account how old hammerjaw is

CheifR
12-26-2014, 09:28 PM
You gets can't expect them to never release better things or keep buffing up stuff continuously

mlb2005
12-27-2014, 03:00 AM
Natural progression. New items/pets should come that are better than the old for the game to progress. Hopefully, we will see much more of this when they raise the level cap.

Personally I believe they are not moving fast enough on raising the level caps and have allowed the game to become stagnant. Shouldn't an mmo constantly evolve and have different level tiers of players/items? This is a good game but its setup is strange to say the least.

Ravager
12-27-2014, 05:08 AM
Well I wish this applied to Samael. Other than SnS, all arcane pets after Samael were not better.

Appeltjes
12-27-2014, 05:10 AM
Well I wish this applied to Samael. Other than SnS, all arcane pets after Samael were not better.

Some people prefer singe :)

Appeltjes
12-27-2014, 05:14 AM
I can live with it that hj and glacian are being outdated just not by pets which go for 150k during their release time...

Ravager
12-27-2014, 05:19 AM
Some people prefer singe :)

I'd say singe, in many cases, is comparable and competitive, but not better.

Hercules
12-27-2014, 08:25 AM
ok ok before buying should look at the stats :hopelessness::hopelessness:

kixkaxx
12-27-2014, 12:33 PM
HJ is still better than yowie, even better than Samael in some situation, I have a Samael and a HJ in my stable, as a rogue, i would say that I kill boss much faster with HJ than with Samael. HJ's passive reduces armor greatly and its AA buffs the entire team for 8sec out of 15sec CD. This is even more noticeable when you have a 4 rogues team.

Ravager
12-27-2014, 06:22 PM
HJ is still better than yowie, even better than Samael in some situation, I have a Samael and a HJ in my stable, as a rogue, i would say that I kill boss much faster with HJ than with Samael. HJ's passive reduces armor greatly and its AA buffs the entire team for 8sec out of 15sec CD. This is even more noticeable when you have a 4 rogues team.

Isn't HJ's armor reduction useless while using a rogue because the boss is always under constant armor reduction from Aimed Shot? Maybe the AA buff is helping in that situation the most?

kixkaxx
12-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Isn't HJ's armor reduction useless while using a rogue because the boss is always under constant armor reduction from Aimed Shot? Maybe the AA buff is helping in that situation the most?

Aim shot only reduces 10%, HJ's PA can reduce 15%. I dont know why but grimm's PA should reduce 20%, however, it's less noticeable at boss

Stelo
12-27-2014, 08:15 PM
I just leveled up Yowie to 40 and WOW. That Ice Block is really something.

Migzorille
12-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Yowie is not better than hammerjaw. Maybe stat wise yes but you must also yake into account passive and aa. Hammerjaw is better than yowie in passive,aa and pet damage.

xutreuqux
12-29-2014, 04:53 AM
Solution: remove rarity levels... when new, less rare items beats old, rare items stats, ppl complain. Let the prices on cs tell ppl the rarity. Its much more real. Like heraldic or crier... epic rarity class but extremely rare in game.
IMO

Ravager
12-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Aim shot only reduces 10%, HJ's PA can reduce 15%. I dont know why but grimm's PA should reduce 20%, however, it's less noticeable at boss

I thought AS reduces by 15%?

I'm trying to find a cost effective pet for elite runs on rogue.

Madnex
12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
I thought AS reduces by 15%?

I'm trying to find a cost effective pet for elite runs on rogue.
Yeah AS is 15%. Grimm/Blinky would be on the top of cost effective pets for elites on rogue.

Psychologist
12-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Hammerjaw has been released awhile ago - I assume future pet releases could/should be either as good or better (if they're rare and not easy to obtain).

Appeltjes
12-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Hammerjaw has been released awhile ago - I assume future pet releases could/should be either as good or better (if they're rare and not easy to obtain).

Event pets are easy to obtain and common.

Psychologist
12-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Event pets are easy to obtain and common.

I'm pretty sure Yowie isn't 'easy' to obtain for everyone. Anyhow, my point remains; Hammerjaw is quite an old pet now.

Appeltjes
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Yowie isn't 'easy' to obtain for everyone. Anyhow, my point remains; Hammerjaw is quite an old pet now.

How is it not easy to obtain?

Psychologist
12-30-2014, 08:03 PM
How is it not easy to obtain?

There's a lot of normal/new players in this game. You know that you get it in gold tier, right? That's a lot of energy/gold and time for regular players. I see it from their view, which, isn't easy. Anyways, that's simply my little opinion. You can let it pass, it's alright. :)

Ravager
12-30-2014, 08:20 PM
I think better pets are gradually introduced so that they can make harder content.